Children in need.

  • Page

    of 6 First / Last

    Previous
  • RM2KMaster 17 Nov 2006 23:42:18 3,283 posts
    Seen 4 months ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    No topic on this?
    Only just started watching this. Surprised there's no topic on it.
    How is it?
    Shite?
  • Chim_chimma_nee! 17 Nov 2006 23:43:36 224 posts
    Seen 5 years ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I object to our money (liscense fee) being used to guilt trip us into paying more money for 'worthy' causes.

    It's a bottomless pit.
  • Dirtbox 17 Nov 2006 23:45:02 77,467 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    I worked wearing only my pants today, in heinsight I should probably have got someone to sponser me. Wasted now. Wasted.

    +1 / Like / Tweet this post

  • morriss 17 Nov 2006 23:45:19 70,911 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Yeah, because we're all so hard up....
  • mwtb 17 Nov 2006 23:55:10 2,381 posts
    Seen 4 months ago
    Registered 10 years ago

    Frankly, it's too broad and therefore vague for me to get emotionally involved. Something like Penny-Arcade's Child's Play campaign is more directed and tangible.
  • Pac-man-ate-my-wife 17 Nov 2006 23:55:29 7,003 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    It's shit.

    Personally I prefer to donate regularly to charities that directly tackle issues I care about and to help were possible, rather than taking part on one guilt appeasing stunt each year.

    Edited by Pac-man ate my wife at 23:56:05 17-11-2006
  • Dirtbox 17 Nov 2006 23:56:57 77,467 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Frick it, if it was a couple of hours ago, I'd have done a fun-run up to the offy for a bag of ice.

    Missed out there, didn't you, kids?

    +1 / Like / Tweet this post

  • morriss 18 Nov 2006 00:00:54 70,911 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Pac-man ate my wife wrote:
    It's shit.

    Personally I prefer to donate regularly to charities that directly tackle issues I care about
    Yeah. Fuck the kids. Wankers.
  • silentbob 18 Nov 2006 00:03:15 28,948 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    I ran from the house wailing when a local weather caster said to his co presenter: "Aaaand you are mad as a hatter my friend!"

    TAKE ALL MY MONEY AND HOME AND CAR AND GO .. FAR AWAY!!!

    Edited by silentbob at 00:06:26 18-11-2006

    VR News: www.roadtovr.com -- Follow us on Twitter.

  • Dirtbox 18 Nov 2006 00:03:33 77,467 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    I do loads of work for cherridy.

    I adopted a monkey at Marwell Zoo a few years ago, it writes me letters.

    +1 / Like / Tweet this post

  • silentbob 18 Nov 2006 00:03:59 28,948 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    morriss wrote:
    Wankers.
    Having been a kid, I can say categorically .. yes!

    Edited by silentbob at 00:04:23 18-11-2006

    VR News: www.roadtovr.com -- Follow us on Twitter.

  • morriss 18 Nov 2006 00:04:30 70,911 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    You were never young.
  • silentbob 18 Nov 2006 00:05:27 28,948 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    morriss wrote:
    You were never young.
    Get awaaaayyy, it's you that were middle aged at conception! :p

    VR News: www.roadtovr.com -- Follow us on Twitter.

  • morriss 18 Nov 2006 00:06:24 70,911 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    silentbob wrote:
    morriss wrote:
    You were never young.
    Get awaaaayyy, it's you that were middle aged at conception! :p
    /combs Gandalf-esque beard

    Dunno what you're on about
  • Pac-man-ate-my-wife 18 Nov 2006 00:08:01 7,003 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    morriss wrote:
    Pac-man ate my wife wrote:
    It's shit.

    Personally I prefer to donate regularly to charities that directly tackle issues I care about
    Yeah. Fuck the kids. Wankers.

    Sorry if I'm less worried about kids in the UK than I am about kids in Laos, Cambodia and Vietnam getting their legs blown off by unexploded bombs.

    Edited by Pac-man ate my wife at 00:12:45 18-11-2006
  • RM2KMaster 18 Nov 2006 00:11:41 3,283 posts
    Seen 4 months ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Whose tour bus is that?
    Rather funny indeed.
    Hopefully they're going to bend kim and aggie over, and give them a good seeing to.
  • morriss 18 Nov 2006 00:30:58 70,911 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Pac-man ate my wife wrote:
    morriss wrote:
    Pac-man ate my wife wrote:
    It's shit.

    Personally I prefer to donate regularly to charities that directly tackle issues I care about
    Yeah. Fuck the kids. Wankers.

    Sorry if I'm less worried about kids in the UK than I am about kids in Laos, Cambodia and Vietnam getting their legs blown off by unexploded bombs.

    I think the more healthy, well-adjusted, educted children growing into mature, sensitive, broad-minded adults in the UK there are, the more help children in Lagos would get, don't you?

    Which is why charity always begins at home.

    Or something like that. Fuck it. Who cares?
  • mwtb 18 Nov 2006 00:32:39 2,381 posts
    Seen 4 months ago
    Registered 10 years ago

    Oh, also, this: I don't fucking watch TV, does this make me uncaring?
  • thefilthandthefury 18 Nov 2006 00:33:30 24,951 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I didn't know this was on at all. Weird.
  • Pac-man-ate-my-wife 18 Nov 2006 00:46:19 7,003 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    morriss wrote:
    Pac-man ate my wife wrote:
    morriss wrote:
    Pac-man ate my wife wrote:
    It's shit.

    Personally I prefer to donate regularly to charities that directly tackle issues I care about
    Yeah. Fuck the kids. Wankers.

    Sorry if I'm less worried about kids in the UK than I am about kids in Laos, Cambodia and Vietnam getting their legs blown off by unexploded bombs.

    I think the more healthy, well-adjusted, educted children growing into mature, sensitive, broad-minded adults in the UK there are, the more help children in Lagos would get, don't you?

    Which is why charity always begins at home.

    Or something like that. Fuck it. Who cares?

    morris, you are talking some absolute shite.

    Spend some time with kids who've lost both legs due to playing in fields when a undiscvoerd mine exploded. Who, due to the fact the family consider them 'useless', end up living on the streets because their parents can't afford to look after them anymore. Who finally end up in a life of misery forced by Fagin-esque figures to beg for money but yet recieve a tiny share of the money they make. Then come back with some bullshit arguement about how, in 10 years time some notional child in the UK I should've given money may perhaps do something to help them.
  • morriss 18 Nov 2006 00:47:39 70,911 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    ok then.

    I'm not talking shite though. But still, you've obviously been affected deeply by your experiences so a balanced level-headed opinion can't really be expected. It's great to see someone doing something positive and pro-active though, so good on you.

    ...and don't assume you know anything about what I've experinced in my life, what I know, and what you mught know in comparison. Cheers.

    Edited by morriss at 00:51:43 18-11-2006
  • deem 18 Nov 2006 00:48:39 31,641 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Post deleted
  • silentbob 18 Nov 2006 00:49:14 28,948 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    deem wrote:
    I'm rubbish at this - I change my mind almost every post.

    No you wouldn't!

    VR News: www.roadtovr.com -- Follow us on Twitter.

  • Pac-man-ate-my-wife 18 Nov 2006 00:57:35 7,003 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    morriss wrote:
    ok then.

    I'm not talking shite though. But still, you've obviously been affected deeply by your experiences so a balanced level-headed opinion can't really be expected. It's great to see someone doing something positive and pro-active though, so good on you.

    ...and don't assume you know anything about what I've experinced in my life, what I know, and what you mught know in comparison. Cheers.

    Edited by morriss at 00:51:43 18-11-2006

    I only got defensive because of your initial snide post, which you followed up with (what I considered) a vague arguement about how I shouldn't help directly with a cause, but instead give money to someone else because, in years to come they may help instead.

    I'm not making judgements about you, but if you hadn't initially suggested that what I was doing was somehow less proactive then what you suggested I wouldn't have got quite so irate.

    Edited by Pac-man ate my wife at 00:59:52 18-11-2006
  • deem 18 Nov 2006 00:59:22 31,641 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Post deleted
  • morriss 18 Nov 2006 00:59:35 70,911 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I really didn't mean it that way in the end. But yes, my first post was antagonistic and for that I apologise.

    I do however think that both arguments (yours and mine) are equally valid.
  • Pac-man-ate-my-wife 18 Nov 2006 01:02:59 7,003 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    morriss wrote:
    I really didn't mean it that way in the end. But yes, my first post was antagonistic and for that I apologise.

    I do however think that both arguments (yours and mine) are equally valid.

    And I apologise for getting on my soapbox.

    I do see your point and do hope that we can bring up the next generation in the UK to be more aware of others and the world at large. But for me I feel that helping directly now is of more benefit than hoping for a better world in the future.

    But that's probably just because I'm cynical and jaded. :(

  • silentbob 18 Nov 2006 01:03:48 28,948 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    deem wrote:
    Yeah, I would.
    See! ;)

    VR News: www.roadtovr.com -- Follow us on Twitter.

  • silentbob 18 Nov 2006 01:04:42 28,948 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Pac-man ate my wife wrote:
    morriss wrote:
    I really didn't mean it that way in the end. But yes, my first post was antagonistic and for that I apologise.

    I do however think that both arguments (yours and mine) are equally valid.

    And I apologise for getting on my soapbox.

    I do see your point and do hope that we can bring up the next generation in the UK to be more aware of others and the world at large. But for me I feel that helping directly now is of more benefit than hoping for a better world in the future.

    But that's probably just because I'm cynical and jaded. :(

    Oh get a room.

    /voms

    VR News: www.roadtovr.com -- Follow us on Twitter.

  • deem 18 Nov 2006 01:09:56 31,641 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Post deleted
  • Page

    of 6 First / Last

    Previous
Log in or register to reply