Max Payne 3 Official Thread of Slow Motion Awesomeness Page 47

• Page

of 48 First / Last

• griff_dai 4 Mar 2013 21:47:28 418 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    4.49 today on XBOX Live.....snapped up a digital copy at this price :)
  • CharlieStCloud 5 Mar 2013 11:44:01 5,202 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    'effing hell ...

... I have already completed the game.

I do not want to watch the long drawn out cutscenes again! Please let me skip them!

: (
  • ModishNouns 5 Mar 2013 11:48:21 4,655 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Some are skippable but not many. They are essentially fancy loading screens so most of the time if you hit A (IIRC) you get a "Still loading" message in the bottom right.
  • Latin 5 Mar 2013 11:52:50 3,606 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    @griff_dai So did I... At that price I had to buy it... It was only released last year to generally positive reviews! Can't go wrong.

Downloaded overnight, will have to wait til the weekend to properly get stuck into it.
  • CharlieStCloud 5 Mar 2013 12:08:01 5,202 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    ModishNouns wrote:
    They are essentially fancy loading screens so most of the time if you hit A (IIRC) you get a "Still loading" message in the bottom right.
    ... even the ones that goes on for three, four or five minutes?

Nah, I give up with this. Once is plenty enough.

I only wanted to blast through the story on easy, that's all.
  • L_Franko Moderator 5 Mar 2013 12:08:40 9,694 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Latin wrote:
    @griff_dai So did I... At that price I had to buy it... It was only released last year to generally positive reviews! Can't go wrong.

Downloaded overnight, will have to wait til the weekend to properly get stuck into it.
    Something I have just found out is that there are 3 additional downloads that are needed for the game to work properly. These can be found from the download add-on from the ingame menu.
  • Latin 5 Mar 2013 12:26:22 3,606 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    @L_Franko Do they download in the background or do you need to be in the game?
  • CharlieStCloud 5 Mar 2013 12:35:00 5,202 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Latin wrote:
    Do they download in the background, or do you need to be in the game?
    Pop onto the game, download the three multi-player add-on thingummies (they are free) then go back home to your dashboard, let them swiftly complete the three downloads and finally, you may go forth and play the multi-player!

A bit of flaffing about, but hey ho ... once it is done it's done.
  • L_Franko Moderator 5 Mar 2013 12:45:00 9,694 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Latin wrote:
    @L_Franko Do they download in the background or do you need to be in the game?
    Yes, they will download in the background it is just easier to find the files from the ingame menu.
    They are required for both multiplayer and singleplayer.
  • Dave_McCoy 5 Mar 2013 14:17:48 2,772 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Perhaps get some MP MP3 EG (!) action going? I didn't mind the online too much and it'd be good to give it a whirl while people seem to be in to this game again.
  • glo 5 Mar 2013 15:01:07 3,423 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    I am one of the 4.49 purchasers and will be up for a go at the multiplayer IF THE DAMN THING EVER FINISHES DOWNLOADING...
  • Latin 5 Mar 2013 15:28:02 3,606 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Sweet, unfortunately tonight is the biggest game in football history (well for a few months at least) so won't be at home to sort all these extra downloads out. Looking forward to slo-mo murdering some guys though
  • caligari 8 Mar 2013 19:53:19 17,018 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    I also picked this up in the GoD sale.

I'm absolutely loving it so far! I shouldn't get such a thrill from skull-shattering head-shots, but this game just makes them so bloody satisfying!

I have 2100 points tied to my account - is any of the DLC worth purchasing?

I'm not too fussed about multiplayer, but I'd happily pay for extra missions etc.
  • superdelphinus 8 Mar 2013 20:03:46 8,038 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Is the whole thing a die hard piss take?

Just finished it and enjoyed it overall, although towards the end I was just going "for fuck's sake" every time some massive wave of gun toting imbeciles came along.
  • bad09 8 Mar 2013 20:07:42 5,762 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @caligari

I think all DLC is multiplayer, not 100% sure on that but I remember people posting about how would have liked some single player DLC.
  • Deleted user 8 March 2013 20:10:25
    bad09 wrote:
    @caligari

I think all DLC is multiplayer, not 100% sure on that but I remember people posting about how would have liked some single player DLC.
    It is all mp sadly.
  • caligari 8 Mar 2013 20:27:05 17,018 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    @bad09 - ah, that's a shame. Thanks for the help, though.

This has probably already been asked, but I'm up to section where it says that I have to download the free 'GoD' packs. I'd downloaded the first one, but it still won't allow me to continue the story missions.

Do I have to download all three in one go?
  • killersrquiet 8 Mar 2013 22:37:06 1,935 posts
    Seen 24 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    caligari wrote:
    @bad09 - ah, that's a shame. Thanks for the help, though.

This has probably already been asked, but I'm up to section where it says that I have to download the free 'GoD' packs. I'd downloaded the first one, but it still won't allow me to continue the story missions.

Do I have to download all three in one go?
    Yes you'll need all 3
  • caligari 8 Mar 2013 22:39:30 17,018 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    @killersrquiet - cheers!
  • Max_Powers 22 Mar 2013 22:59:17 1,097 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Just finished this. As the game progressed I started to like it more and more.

Some of the office gunfights with glass, paper and shit flying everywhere while you dive between desks are just amazing.

Also the police station and airport scenes were highlights for me. Diving off the second floor shooting goons in the mouth on my way down really got the adrenaline pumping.

Now I want a game like Red Dead Redemption but with the action of Max Payne!

Edited by Max_Powers at 23:00:04 22-03-2013
  • ecureuil 19 Apr 2013 20:27:23 76,663 posts
    Seen 38 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Finished this tonight, pretty good isn't it? It's just as well this series is known for its bullet time mechanic, it's really needed here, as it was in Red Dead Redemption, so they clearly know that real time aiming can be tough for some in this engine. That's probably why they have so many aiming options (free aim, soft/hard assist, movement assist, axis sensitivity) that many other games lack. And you can turn all the assistance off, if you're good enough. Really fun game though.
  • CosmicFuzz 28 Apr 2013 15:42:05 23,785 posts
    Seen 20 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Grabbed this in the GoD sale, just got round to playing it now. It's awesome! Forgot how much I loved the first 2 games, it's so satisfying to just leap about everywhere blowing up stuff. Really varied levels too, just finished part 1 but already I'm impressed by how different each level can be.

Episode 5 of our gaming podcast Open Source is a Gamescom Special. Check it out here!

• ascue 28 Apr 2013 15:49:37 167 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Aye - I got a boxed copy cheap in January and been playing it in dribs and drabs since. I put in a session yesterday to complete Part 2, and I believe I'm just a chapter or so from the end.

I got frustrated early on because Max feels incredibly weak - and I couldn't play it like I did in the first two games. You do need to take advantage of the cover and blind-fire mechanisms.
  • CosmicFuzz 28 Apr 2013 16:15:04 23,785 posts
    Seen 20 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Yeah, I like to hide behind cover, thin their ranks with some slow motion pop-out kills and then go to town on the rest :D

Episode 5 of our gaming podcast Open Source is a Gamescom Special. Check it out here!

• StixxUK 10 May 2013 23:36:27 7,242 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Quite surprised at how unforgiving this game is. Got it on rental from Lovefilm so put it on Easy expecting to breeze through. Much to my chagrin, I'm dying a lot and it's only just started!

Fun but doubt I'll stick with it!
  • ecureuil 11 May 2013 00:46:10 76,663 posts
    Seen 38 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    The checkpoints are pretty fair and if you die repeatedly the game will give you more painkillers. Stay in cover, use bullet time a lot and go for headshots. It's a fun game, I really enjoyed it.
  • L_Franko Moderator 11 May 2013 17:36:33 9,694 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Yeah brilliant game and on medium difficulty I though was about spot on. Slow mo is key.
  • AaronTurner 17 Jul 2013 19:39:28 7,669 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I'm sure that this has been mentioned several times in this thread. Not sure if it's a bug but as I'm just new to the game... who thought it was a good idea to have Max Payne change to his pistol after every cut scene?

Annoying. as. fuck.
  • ronuds 18 Jul 2013 15:16:38 21,788 posts
    Seen 12 months ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Probably the same person who thought it was a good idea to have a cutscene every 12 seconds.
  • Page

of 48 First / Last