Lost Season 3 Official Thread - Spoilers!

• Page

of 39 First / Last

Previous
  • ElectricDemon 3 Oct 2006 16:19:02 2,417 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    New season starts this Wednesday in the US, so those of us torrenting will be able to watch it on Thursday, hence I thought it was time to create an official thread :)

Trailer!

Can't wait for this. Ok, so the endless questions and little answers gets annoying, but damn if it isn't compulsive viewing!
  • repairmanjack 3 Oct 2006 16:22:41 6,053 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Not one second of new footage... :(

At least it's better than the other teaser: "Who will I be?"

We don't know, because the writers are making this up as they go.

/still loves Lost.
  • ecureuil 3 Oct 2006 16:29:32 76,874 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Can't wait for this. I don't even want to see any promo's for the show, I completely avoid information. I actually know nothing about the new season, except that it premieres tomorrow night.
  • ElectricDemon 3 Oct 2006 16:31:54 2,417 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Furbs wrote:
    Can we make this a "no talking about the "Next week on Lost" trailers thread too? Just to avoid confusion :)

Gonna have to sit the missus down in front of the Xbox tonight, I finished catching up last week but she's still 6 eps behind.
    Suits me fine, hardly pay any attention to the trailers, they keep showing exciting bits that turn out to be not real, or dreams (Eko falling off the cliff for example).

Didn't FlightRisker have a "Next time on Lost..." thread? People could use that

Edited by ElectricDemon at 23:47:46 07-10-2006
  • adinus 3 Oct 2006 16:33:49 305 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I think i'm going to wait until the first 6 have been aired.

They're doing something funny this series like having 6 eps, a couple of month's break, then the final 18 eps.

That break is when I'll watch the first 6 :D

edit: retarded spelling mistakes etc.

Edited by adinus at 16:38:26 03-10-2006
  • Load_2.0 3 Oct 2006 16:36:10 19,354 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Yep back to back is the only way to watch lost.

4 episodes a go leaves me satisfied but still wanting more.
  • ecureuil 3 Oct 2006 16:39:34 76,874 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Furbs wrote:
    Good idea. I doubt I'd be able to avoid this thread though :/

Dumb dumb idea by the network. How many TV shows have lost viewers because they mess around with the schedules?

It's a great idea..

They lost viewers last season because they tried to show them continuously, except there aren't enough episodes for a continuous run (Oct-May) so they mixed in re-runs in the place of a new episode - viewers got confused, and didn't know whether it would be a new episode or a repeat that week. This is blamed for the dip in figures last season.

And that's the whole reason why they're showing 8(I think) in a row, taking a long break, then showing the rest, without mixing in repeats. I think it's a pretty good decision.
  • Kay 3 Oct 2006 16:42:38 17,905 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Why can't they just show them all normally, i.e. in a single 23 week run like they do here on Channel 4?

Anyway, I've got a colleague who'll be downloading each new episoe, meaning (hopefully) I'll be able to see them pretty soon.

K
  • Shinzou 3 Oct 2006 16:43:26 887 posts
    Seen 4 years ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I know we aren't supposed to talk about this sort of thing but could anyone point me quickly at their preferred location for for obtaining LOST goodness.
  • ElectricDemon 3 Oct 2006 16:45:11 2,417 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Shinzou, did you know I once drove a Mini into a supernova?

Edited by ElectricDemon at 16:46:27 03-10-2006
  • Shinzou 3 Oct 2006 16:48:55 887 posts
    Seen 4 years ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Thanks Muchly!
  • ecureuil 3 Oct 2006 16:48:55 76,874 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Kay wrote:
    Why can't they just show them all normally, i.e. in a single 23 week run like they do here on Channel 4?

It's partly due to the intense filming schedule. They can't make a new episode every week for 24 weeks. It's too much.

Secondly, the TV networks. It's all about retaining viewing figures over the TV season, advertisers need to have the show airing over a certain length of time else they'll drop support, they need Lost to lead in to other shows to keep ratings up throughout the entire season too.

And Channel 4 just buy the rights to the show, and can air them whenever they want.
  • repairmanjack 3 Oct 2006 16:55:51 6,053 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Bill Door wrote:
    Kay wrote:

Anyway, I've got a colleague who'll be downloading each new episoe, meaning (hopefully) I'll be able to see them pretty soon.

K

Because Americans are mad. They have an advert break before the credits in most shows ffs :)

Channel 4 show one just after the opening credits. Like 5 mins into the program.
  • ecureuil 3 Oct 2006 16:59:01 76,874 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    repairmanjack wrote:
    Bill Door wrote:
    Kay wrote:

K

Because Americans are mad. They have an advert break before the credits in most shows ffs :)

Channel 4 show one just after the opening credits. Like 5 mins into the program.

In the US, they have a commercial break after the Simpsons couch gag. :) Fun stuff.
  • Scurrminator 3 Oct 2006 17:09:55 8,420 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Lots of clips of new footage here

I can't wait for this, i've read what happens in the first episode and it sounds awesome, especially the first 5 minutes before the Lost logo :D

oh and it's six in a row, then around a 13 week break till the end of Feb and a 17 episode run with no breaks.

Edited by Scurrminator at 17:10:52 03-10-2006

You dare to strike Scurrcules!?

• Feanor 3 Oct 2006 17:13:50 14,174 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    ecureuil wrote:In the US, they have a commercial break after the Simpsons couch gag. :) Fun stuff.

Yeah, I found that really annoying for a while, but then I got used to it. The timing of ad breaks is a lot different to what I was used to in New Zealand. It seems like half of America only watch TV on Tivo these days, but I don't, although I often videotape programs so I can watch them later and FFWD the ads.

Anyway, I guess this is the thread where I'll be saying "wow, what an episode" before anyone else. :)
  • Scurrminator 3 Oct 2006 17:21:25 8,420 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    only by about a day mate :p
    As soon as i get back from brum all monged tomorrow night im setting up for some download action ready to take to work to watch in my lunch break

• oceanmotion 3 Oct 2006 17:23:39 15,969 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Whoops, downloaded the highlight one thinking it was the first episode. Bollocks. Thought E00 was suspect. Nice summary though.
  • ecureuil 3 Oct 2006 17:26:55 76,874 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Feanor wrote:
    ecureuil wrote:In the US, they have a commercial break after the Simpsons couch gag. :) Fun stuff.

Yeah, I found that really annoying for a while, but then I got used to it.

I've spent a decent amount of time watching TV in America, and I always hated it. It was more like adverts broken up by pesky TV shows.
  • Feanor 3 Oct 2006 17:38:02 14,174 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    The TV ads are pretty bad in New Zealand in terms of quantity and there's no ad-free BBC type channel there, so I haven't found it too bad here by comparison.
  • cartman 3 Oct 2006 18:08:14 323 posts
    Registered 9 years ago
    repairmanjack wrote:

/still loves Lost.

I saw one trailer some time ago which had new scenes in it. I could describe the scenes if you are interested but they could be considered as spoilers.
  • Scurrminator 3 Oct 2006 18:42:52 8,420 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    it says spoilers in the title lol.

*spoiler clip!*

best clip i've seen, sayid and jin having a shootout at night with someone off screen on that peer that we saw in the finale

*end*

By the way over at abc.com the first of the video podcasts is up, those guys are funny. Not really many spoilers there.

Edited by Scurrminator at 19:02:57 03-10-2006

• Deleted user 3 October 2006 19:32:05
    2 days until the first episode. Can't wait.
  • DFective 4 Oct 2006 18:15:40 2,013 posts
    Seen 3 years ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    It's on tonight I guess. Should be up tomorrow.

I still need to find a place to "acquire" it.
  • repairmanjack 4 Oct 2006 19:33:51 6,053 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    cartman wrote:
    repairmanjack wrote:

/still loves Lost.

I saw one trailer some time ago which had new scenes in it. I could describe the scenes if you are interested but they could be considered as spoilers.

No!!!!

Thanks. :)
  • andy-w 4 Oct 2006 22:08:05 515 posts
    Seen 5 days ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Anyone know when this will be turning up? I'm guessing lost is put up pretty quickly?
  • andy-w 4 Oct 2006 22:11:58 515 posts
    Seen 5 days ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Wheeeeeeee!
  • Razz 4 Oct 2006 22:12:25 61,279 posts
    Seen 16 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    WTeffingF! TONIGHT?!

Edited by Razz at 22:50:50 04-10-2006

--------------------------------------------------------------------
    Steam/PSN/XBOX: Razztafarai | 3DS: 1246-9674-8856
    --------------------------------------------------------------------