The 'Official' UFC appreciation thread Page 122

• Page

of 174 First / Last

• Bahamafish 3 Feb 2013 05:12:27 368 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Im loving this. My two favorite HW's are Werdum and big nog. Since they're fighting by the end of TUF brazil, I can see one of them getting a title shot now!

well, unless Chael starts talking a lot of shit. Then he might get it.

Edited by Bahamafish at 05:25:24 03-02-2013
  • SuperCoolEskimo 3 Feb 2013 05:51:51 9,779 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Great main event. What a fight.
  • SuperCoolEskimo 3 Feb 2013 05:58:44 9,779 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Aldo vs Edgar 2 please Dana.
  • El_MUERkO 3 Feb 2013 10:37:15 16,975 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    SuperCoolEskimo wrote:
    HOLY FUCKING SHIIIIITTTTT!!!
    Indeed.
  • craigy Staff 3 Feb 2013 11:44:08 7,600 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Ring-rust, roid-rust, or just plain stupid to fight with your hands down?
  • The-Bodybuilder 3 Feb 2013 13:03:44 14,136 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    The Reem got creamed.
    Anyone see his last 2 tweets?

5 hours: "Are you guys ready?"
    2 Hours (later): "Argh!".

Couldn't stop laughing at that.
  • SuperCoolEskimo 3 Feb 2013 13:29:05 9,779 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I love how Bigfoot's corner called the fight down to a tee. So damn cool!
  • El_MUERkO 3 Feb 2013 15:08:37 16,975 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Overeem was showboating to build interest for the Cain fight. He'll not make that mistake again, however even if he doesn't showboat a win against JDS or Cain is not guaranteed.

Dying to know who they put him up against next.
  • The-Bodybuilder 3 Feb 2013 16:18:08 14,136 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Has to be JDS. Both coming off loses, one was previous champ, the other was the number 1 contender (didn't even have to take the Bigfoot fight, he just didn't want to wait around for a title fight).
  • craigy Staff 3 Feb 2013 16:34:30 7,600 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    JDS will go straight into a rematch with Cain. They can't give Bigfoot the shot -- he was tooled too easily by Cain in their first fight.

Overeem fighting Struve could be interesting. He's won four in a row now...
  • The-Bodybuilder 3 Feb 2013 16:54:34 14,136 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Nah, DFW has already said JDS won't get an insta-rematch due to the nature of his loss.
    But now Reem can't have it, and Bigfoot got obliterated by Cain, I think JDS vs Cain for a contender fight is likely, especially due to the bad blood between them.

Problem is, who does Cain fight in the mean time?
    Probably Big Country.
  • El_MUERkO 3 Feb 2013 18:16:18 16,975 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Josh Barnet and Daniel Cormier are in from Strikeforce and Duffee is back from exile.

Nelson is a fan favourite on a streak, but will he bring PPV buys?

So Cain has names to fight while JDS and Overeem also have options and don't have to fight each other to get back in contention.

While I would love to see the JDS Vs Overeem grudge match the losers marketability would be seriously damaged so they may be queued for title shots.
  • Gartt 3 Feb 2013 23:42:20 1,735 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I loved watching Fitch get out-grinded.
  • craigy Staff 4 Feb 2013 10:07:55 7,600 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Isn't Cormier planning to move down to 205 after fighting Mir? He doesn't want to work towards a fight with Cain as they're team-mates.

Barnett could be a good fight for either Overeem or Silva, assuming that he does indeed rejoin the UFC. I'm not sure Dana White would want to give Barnett a high-profile fight against Overeem straight away. I can see him being spiteful and forcing Barnett to start at the bottom.

I don't think pairing JDS and Overeem together makes any sort of business sense -- it'll mean one of them would end up with two straight losses, which really damages their credibility as potential titles challengers. DW will want to protect both of them for the time being. I think Reem will be given a (relatively) easy fight to bounce back, and JDS will be put straight into a rematch with Cain.

Other thoughts!
    - Rashad has looked terrible for several fights now. He doesn't have fire in his belly any more.
    - Maia going straight for the takedown against Fitch was great. Shame he couldn't finish.
    - Now people have worked Edgar's approach out he doesn't have much to offer. If I was him I'd look to increase my strength, as he doesn't really hit hard enough to finish. He needs to avoid these five-round matches that he's prone to losing.
  • The-Bodybuilder 4 Feb 2013 10:56:17 14,136 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    If Barnett ever gets back in, you can bet your bottom dollar (pound?) that DFW will never make him a title contender for a long time, if ever.
  • Bahamafish 6 Feb 2013 07:53:21 368 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    http://fiveknuckles.com/mma-news/Wanderlei-Silva-Werdum-is-the-perfect-guy-to-beat-Cain-Velasquez.html

Make it happen Dana!
  • Frogofdoom 6 Feb 2013 12:04:27 880 posts
    Seen 37 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    If any of you havent seen the TUF knockout from last night, you are in for a real treat.

Already a much better season of TUF than the last one and damn...that knockout :D
  • Telepathic.Geometry 7 Feb 2013 23:52:09 11,294 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Seriously, I was a bit worried about the guy when he hit the ground like a sack of spuds, completely unconscious...

|| PSN Barrysama || NNID Barrysama ||

• SuperCoolEskimo 8 Feb 2013 01:23:35 9,779 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Video here.
  • craigy Staff 8 Feb 2013 09:44:27 7,600 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    You can tell it's bad when his team-mates are wiping tears for their eyes. Am enjoying this season of TUF a lot more than previous seasons. It's being sold as a much more serious show now, which can't be a bad thing. No more "let me bang, bro!" nonsense.
  • Shikasama 8 Feb 2013 10:21:01 6,757 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Looking forward to seeing Arianny and Carly Baker next week :D
  • Deleted user 8 February 2013 18:52:44
    SambaApe wrote:
    I hear from Fighters Only that ESPN are 'seriously close' to putting plans in place to withdraw tv services from the UK and Ireland.

The likely outcome being one of the PPV channels taking over and charging a fixed fee per event similar to WWE and Boxing events currently aired in the UK&I.

Judging by the current premiums this is likely to be between 12 - 16 per event.

Not good news. :(
    Well, the majority of UFC events arent PPV anyway, The FOX cards are free and I think the FX/Fuel cards are channel subscription based. I doubt the UFC would could go PPV in the UK just yet anyway, viewership has been down in the UK for a while, hence the lack of events here.
  • Frogofdoom 8 Feb 2013 18:57:34 880 posts
    Seen 37 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    I will be cancelling my espn sub if they do that and probably my sky one as well if it didnt appear under my current package.

I thought espn had just resigned another contract as the last one has recently expired.. although that may have been a year.

Maybe channel 5 would jump in and sign it up or something.
  • Deleted user 8 February 2013 19:15:18
    Did some scratching around, it would appear ESPN lost its Premier League Football rights to BT last August. As of next season BT will be screening 38 of the 'best' games apprently.

Not sure where that puts the UFC but its certainly puts ESPN's UK presence in question.
  • Frogofdoom 8 Feb 2013 20:27:29 880 posts
    Seen 37 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    ESPN's epl games are never near any of the best ones. Doesnt stop me watching them, but if they are the ones BT have taken then they are stretching the "best" a bit.
  • SuperCoolEskimo 8 Feb 2013 20:38:29 9,779 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Pretty sure ESPN are exiting the UK market at some point this year, currently in talks with other pay TV stations to sell them the rights to the sports they currently show.
  • The-Bodybuilder 8 Feb 2013 21:18:34 14,136 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Hopefully it means UFC on the (free) Fox channel, which would be better (and did I mention free?)

And in other, apparently non-related news, Sky have dropped the only MMA fed that they covered; Dave "Dick'ead" O'Donnell's UCMMA (under which a lot of training partners fight under).

Make of that what you will. Maybe purely coincidence...
  • Page

of 174 First / Last