The **OFFICIAL** Comics thread. Page 56

• Page

of 66 First / Last

• khaz 15 Jan 2013 09:50:12 2,785 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    kalel wrote:
    khaz wrote:
    But its Bendis! The best of something can never involve Bendis!

You wound me!
    Bendis is probably the best example of what I'm talking about above. His pet project stuff is really good, particularly his crime stuff which is absolutely superb.

His mainstream stuff is just total fluff and complete shit.
    Are you absolutely sure about this?

Does he stop writing his dialogue in Shatner speak?
  • kalel 15 Jan 2013 09:55:43 87,682 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    His dialogue is particularly sophisticated :)
  • nickthegun 15 Jan 2013 10:24:50 59,916 posts
    Seen 14 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    w00t wrote:
    I am really enjoying Invincible at the moment. Got the first ultimate trade for Xmas - I may have bought the next 4 a few days later... Really good, missed this first time around.
    Invincible is one of the most hit and miss series ive ever read. Its so obvious when Kirkman is busy with TWD as it either treads water horribly or just devolves into utter shite, lacking any of the humour or wit it has when it peaks

---------------------------------------------------------
    someone say something funny

• khaz 15 Jan 2013 10:30:10 2,785 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    kalel wrote:
    His dialogue is particularly sophisticated :)
    I'll check it out. If I see Shatner speak though, i'm coming after you with a phaser set to kill!
  • nickthegun 15 Jan 2013 10:52:19 59,916 posts
    Seen 14 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    morriss wrote:
    Issue #26. Walker's just been reinstated.
    IMHO, you are just about to head into the best run of the whole thing. This arc and the following walker back story arc are just amazing.

• morriss 15 Jan 2013 11:43:23 70,978 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Can't wait. I've just started the story where a tape of a Senator who was a superhero dressed up a prostitute in his sidekick's clothes and wazzed all over her face. He denied it to someone who then kissed him and killed him. His actual sidekick, who was in love with him, was taken in for questioning and denies any and all involvement.

Awesome.
  • morriss 15 Jan 2013 11:44:51 70,978 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Side note: Michael Oeming is on Twitter, posts loads of sketches, and readily answers Tweets. A good bloke and worth a follow: @oeming
  • kalel 15 Jan 2013 11:46:49 87,682 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    morriss wrote:
    Can't wait. I've just started the story where a tape of a Senator who was a superhero dressed up a prostitute in his sidekick's clothes and wazzed all over her face.
    The page where you see the video of him doing that is possibly my favourite moment in any comic ever. Just couldn't believe what I was seeing.
  • nickthegun 15 Jan 2013 12:05:21 59,916 posts
    Seen 14 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Its weird. Its drawn in a brilliant pop-batman the animated series style but contains a lot of people exploding and having it off. Its quite jarring.

• morriss 15 Jan 2013 12:21:48 70,978 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    kalel wrote:
    morriss wrote:
    Can't wait. I've just started the story where a tape of a Senator who was a superhero dressed up a prostitute in his sidekick's clothes and wazzed all over her face.
    The page where you see the video of him doing that is possibly my favourite moment in any comic ever. Just couldn't believe what I was seeing.
    It's literally fantastic, yeah. I'm blown away.
  • morriss 15 Jan 2013 12:26:40 70,978 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    literally as in literally, not very.
  • morriss 16 Jan 2013 19:38:24 70,978 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    The interview with Dragon Fist at the comic con in issue 27 had me in tears. So fucking funny. That whole issue is gold.
  • Deleted user 27 January 2013 19:47:12
    Hey, if anyone has a comixology account I have a code for the darkness 1 and 2 so if anyone is interested pm me as I don't hav any use for it.
  • Shikasama 28 Jan 2013 22:03:29 6,834 posts
    Seen 37 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    SambaApe wrote:
    Found the volumes on Amazon.

How does everyone read comics? Whilst I download 90% of my music and am a regular user of XBLA, I do not like Comixology or the panel view on Kindle. I much prefer the print versions of the few comics I have read so far. (Walking Dead, Green Lantern/Corps, Revival).

P&P is a massive ball ache though cause I don't live near a Forbidden Planet.. :/
    On my Nexus I use PerfectViewer which is excellent
  • Kostabi 28 Jan 2013 22:05:09 4,925 posts
    Seen 12 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    SambaApe wrote:
    Found the volumes on Amazon.

How does everyone read comics? Whilst I download 90% of my music and am a regular user of XBLA, I do not like Comixology or the panel view on Kindle. I much prefer the print versions of the few comics I have read so far. (Walking Dead, Green Lantern/Corps, Revival).

P&P is a massive ball ache though cause I don't live near a Forbidden Planet.. :/
    I'm a bit like yourself in that I consume pretty everything digitally except comics. I love the idea of digital comics, but until they can work out a way to make 2 page spreads have the same impact as print I won't bother with it.

All my purchases are trades these days as I just don't have the patience or space to collect individual issues. I've got boxes down in the basement but a shelf full of trades and hardbacks is so much more impressive to look at.
  • spamdangled 28 Jan 2013 23:08:01 27,355 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Wtf.

Surely they can't be serious.... That's pretty epic trolling if it is.

3DS: 4055-2781-2855 Xbox: spamdangled PSN: dark_morgan Wii U: Spamdangle Steam: spamdangled

• Whizzo 28 Jan 2013 23:15:25 43,124 posts
    Seen 29 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    As someone who has read the story I will say it's really very good.

This space left intentionally blank.

• Shikasama 30 Jan 2013 09:06:15 6,834 posts
    Seen 37 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Is there a good website for 'picking up where you left off' in a comics timeline?

This Marvel NOW! bullshit is seriously irritating and I always preferred the Cosmic Marvel anyway. I want to pick it up again but the last thing I read was The Annihilators..not sure if that is even still a series anymore!
  • spamdangled 4 Feb 2013 02:20:44 27,355 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Slashed down my pull list this week. I'm not getting just the X-Men titles (minus deadpool and wolverine), Batman, plus Mara, Fatale and the Massive (all of which I am thoroughly enjoying). Also stuck with Captain America, Superior Spider-Man, Winter Soldier.

Scrapped all the Avengers stuff, Iron Man, Hulk, Thunderbolts, both FF comics, Spawn, Journey Into Mystery, Thor, all the other Spider-related titles (Avenging, Venom, Scarlet Spider), and Punisher stuff.

Now that Marvel is in the habit of double or triple-shipping so many titles, it's just getting stupid.

Edited by darkmorgado at 02:24:49 04-02-2013

3DS: 4055-2781-2855 Xbox: spamdangled PSN: dark_morgan Wii U: Spamdangle Steam: spamdangled

• nickthegun 4 Feb 2013 07:45:24 59,916 posts
    Seen 14 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    So you kept a load of garbage and got rid of the decent stuff?

• spamdangled 4 Feb 2013 08:25:43 27,355 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    nickthegun wrote:
    So you kept a load of garbage and got rid of the decent stuff?
    Iron Man is garbage, which I am disappointed by given that it's being written by Gillen. Spawn is just.... urgh. Terrible, terrible shit.

Fantastic Four and FF aren't very good either these days. The only reason to get FF is because of the art by Mike Allred, but then I already have loads of his stuff so the novelty wore off years ago. Never been into Thor or JIM, so that wasn't a huge loss (and their creative teams have changed - Gillen is no longer on JIM).

Winter Soldier is, as samba said, very, very good (it's Brubaker, after all).

I've kept Daredevil too, because that is, quite simply, one of the best comics I've read in years in the current run. Truly great reading.

And Cap is being written by Rick Remender, with art by JRJ, so that's just pure awesome.

I've stuck with Spider-Man because I think Slott has done excellent things with the character post-OMD shitstorm, and putting Doc Ock in the suit has a lot of interesting story potential. Stuck with most of the X-Men books (bar Deadpool, Wolverine and Gambit) simply because I love the X-Men and the core titles are all pretty golden.

Never had a huge thing for avengers, and as I've ditched Iron Man and Thor, it just felt natural to ditch the team books too.

Fatale, Massive and Mara I am all enjoying an awful lot (especially now The Massive is starting to pick up a bit after the opening arc), and I really like Manhattan Projects, so kept all of those. And Batman is great, and the only DC title I bother reading (Superman and the rest of the JLA can go fuck themselves, and I couldn't care less about the rest of the extended bat-family)

Edited by darkmorgado at 08:31:54 04-02-2013

• Page

of 66 First / Last