European club football Page 2

• Page

of 155 First / Last

• Ecanem 23 Sep 2006 22:49:59 5,035 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Oh man.. This has been a hateful match.. players diving or kicking the shit out of each other all the time.. Now Nistelrooy received a booking for a dive (obvious).. twat..

I hate this new Madrid team.. playing with one forward only - its almost Italian catenatticaco-whatever style... boring!
  • Ecanem 30 Sep 2006 22:39:32 5,035 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Saviola just put Barca ahead 1-3 at Bilbao..

Barca make it look so easy sometimes.. =)
  • Feanor 1 Oct 2006 03:39:54 14,140 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Looking forward to the Madrid derby match tomorrow. I had no idea Reyes was so good at free kicks - did he ever take any at Arsenal?
  • THFourteen 1 Oct 2006 11:09:57 33,162 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Feanor wrote:
    Looking forward to the Madrid derby match tomorrow. I had no idea Reyes was so good at free kicks - did he ever take any at Arsenal?
    only when tel wasnt playing and then he had to fight with van persie if it was shooting distance.

remember a couple of free-kick assists v everton last season.

reyes is a great player :(
  • Huntcjna 22 Oct 2006 19:43:19 13,875 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    El Grande Classico: Real vs Barca is about to kick off in 15 minutes. Im going to kick back with a couple of beers and watch what I hope will be an excellent game of football.
  • marilena 22 Oct 2006 20:43:37 8,201 posts
    Seen 23 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I'm starting to like Iniesta more and more. And Ronaldinho less and less.
  • Ecanem 22 Oct 2006 20:50:20 5,035 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Hehe you gotta laugh when the guy committing a foul gets injured! =)

(Emerson on Messi)
  • marilena 22 Oct 2006 20:56:25 8,201 posts
    Seen 23 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Yeah, rather dumb.
  • Ecanem 22 Oct 2006 21:11:36 5,035 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Nistelrooy makes it 2-0...

Why the hell didn't Gudjohnson shoot the first time just before the goal??
  • marilena 22 Oct 2006 21:16:23 8,201 posts
    Seen 23 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Gudjonsen seems to be ever so slightly out of his depth.

Ruud is in bloody good form, though.
  • Huntcjna 22 Oct 2006 21:24:52 13,875 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I was gutted that chip he tried to pull off didn't go in , would have been an amazing goal.
  • Ecanem 22 Oct 2006 21:29:02 5,035 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I fucking hate Guti.. I wish him a horrible career ending injury..
  • Huntcjna 22 Oct 2006 21:39:36 13,875 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Ecanem wrote:
    I fucking hate Guti.. I wish him a horrible career ending injury..

Don't be so fucking harsh, it shouldn't matter what you think of a football team thats just ridiculous.

• marilena 22 Oct 2006 21:44:26 8,201 posts
    Seen 23 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Did I miss something? Guti seemed to play pretty well to me, and I didn't notice him doing someting particularly nasty.

Anyway, good match overall. Too bad that Ronaldinho seems to have lost the ability to take the ball past a man.

Edited by marilena at 21:44:58 22-10-2006
  • marilena 22 Oct 2006 21:49:10 8,201 posts
    Seen 23 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Hey, where did you hear about Vlad?
  • Ecanem 22 Oct 2006 21:49:56 5,035 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Huntcjna wrote:
    Don't be so fucking harsh, it shouldn't matter what you think of a football team thats just ridiculous.

I don't care what team he plays for.. He just gets on my nerves..
  • Ecanem 22 Oct 2006 21:53:10 5,035 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Furbs wrote:
    This is Ecanem we're talking about. Having facial hair and occassionally doing a slide tackle puts you on a par with Vlad the Impaler :)

What's facial hair got to do with this? =)
  • marilena 22 Oct 2006 21:53:46 8,201 posts
    Seen 23 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Furbs wrote:
    marilena wrote:
    Hey, where did you hear about Vlad?
    He's a Football Manager legend :)

Color me curious.

I though initially that you were talking about the fiftheenth century Romanian king that inspired the legend of Dracula. And used to impale people.
  • Ecanem 22 Oct 2006 21:55:30 5,035 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    marilena wrote:

I though initially that you were talking about the fiftheenth century Romanian king that inspired the legend of Dracula. And used to impale people.

- and put his enemies heads on sticks.. I'm sure its the same guy Furbs was refering to.. ?=
  • Ecanem 22 Oct 2006 22:03:27 5,035 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Did Ronaldinho look a sore loser or what? After the final whistle Roberto Carlos was trying to cheer him up it seems but he seemed to be all moany about 'something'..

Madrid did win but I don't like their new style that Capello has re-introduced.. Yes, they got the early goal but they're playing counter-attacking football now in almost every game and they leave people like Beckham/Reyes/Robinho on the bench in favour of two defensive midfielders (Emerson/Diarra).. Its a strong midfield for sure but I still would like them to attack more.. When Barca went down 2-0 they still didn't go for the third killer goal but sat back and tried a few half-hearted counter-attacks.. - but I'm probably alone with this opinion also..
  • marilena 22 Oct 2006 22:04:38 8,201 posts
    Seen 23 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Furbs wrote:
    Yeah I was just kidding marilena.

Its weird...he's a national hero in Romania isnt he? Whereas every where else he's on a par with Genghis Khan.

He's not really a national hero, although he is indeed quite liked.

The thing is that during communism, the propaganda tried to build inside the country the image of us being this great people that have been alone the world for an entire eternity, and for this purpose they put a great emphasis on the leaders that obtained victories against the turks in the Middle Ages. Vlad was one of them. He was given this reputation of a harsh, but honest man, who wanted everyone to be perfectly honest and nice, which is a lot of crap, as the guy was just batshit insane.

Mind you, I don't think he was much worse than the other European rulers of the time, and he did do some good things from an economic point of view, not to mention that he obtained independence for us for a while. He was a pretty good general overall, but his problem was that he had a hard time making friends :).

Edit:
    1. I hope Ronaldinho was upset at himself, because he was bloody poor.
    2. It's true that Real have become very Italian, but I did like the speed of their game and the technical display. They looked like a real team for the first time in a long while.

Edited by marilena at 22:06:48 22-10-2006
  • Feanor 22 Oct 2006 23:27:42 14,140 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Pretty good game; the cross from Ramos for the first goal was class. They should leave him out at RB for a while.
  • Deleted user 23 October 2006 20:13:14
    Really good game last night. Real deserved the victory. They played such better football than Barca (who, apart from Messi, were absolutely shocking). Deserved 2-0 victory. :)

Meanwhile in the Serie A, we got beat 2-0 by Palermo AT HOME by two second-half goals. A bit of a dodgy start with some poor draws, but I'm sure it'll pick up.

Latest rumour doing the rounds is that Kaka is going to Liverpool in January.... :(
  • Ivefoundgod 23 Oct 2006 20:20:43 560 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    There's no way in hell Kaka would move to Liverpool. Why? He's at one of the biggest clubs in europe who actually have a decent manager and a good squad. Liverpool on the other hand have one of the most overated players in the world with Gerrard and as for Benitez, his team selection is more akin to that of a lunatic. Also if he were to leave AC would he not go to Barca, Real or even one of the other big italian clubs?
  • Deleted user 23 October 2006 20:22:22
    I only read it in the Guardian Tangled Web section. :(

Doesn't make much sense to me either, mind! :)
  • Ivefoundgod 23 Oct 2006 20:27:01 560 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Ah fair enough. Did you hear that rumour about Shevchenko moving back to AC in january? Wouldn't surprise me but I doubt Roman would be too happy to see him go.
  • Deleted user 23 October 2006 20:29:46
    Ha, no! :D

Part of me would be happy to see him back as he was killer for us, and I believe he's having a hard time getting into English football. Class like his doesn't just disappear over a few months.

But then again, it actually could and we'd have him back and playing like a donkey.
  • Deleted user 23 October 2006 20:30:45
    Furbs wrote:
    Yup, the one who kept Liverpool in the top four all by himself a couple of years back.

So it's just the rest of the team that are shit! :p

You have to admit, Gerrard had an absolute horror season a couple of years ago.
  • Ivefoundgod 23 Oct 2006 23:32:43 560 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    More chance of winning a league title by moving to Liverpool? Instead of Barca, Real etc? You can't be serious. Benitez has a great past record but at the moment his tactics and team selection is crazy. Surely you can admit that?

Don't get me wrong Gerrard is capable of moments of magic but for the majority of most matches this season and last season he was anonymous. Also to say that one player kept a team in the top four for three years is just plain daft. I presume your a Liverpool fan and I'm not trying to piss you off but he is not as good as he's made out to be. Compare him to Paul Scholes for example, Scholes is a far far better player who doesn't get or want the headlines he deserves. Gerrard loves getting his name in the papers. I'd rather have Alonso in my team than Gerrard anyday.
  • IMO 23 Oct 2006 23:41:56 5,628 posts
    Seen 11 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Gerrard is easily one of the best three midfielders in the Premiership, if not one of the best three players overall. You want someone who's overrated, I give you Frank Lampard, someone remind me as to why he's still starting for England?
  • Page

of 155 First / Last