Im getting fat. Page 3

• Page

of 3 First / Last

Next
  • Cappy 14 Dec 2012 14:32:37 11,927 posts
    Seen 34 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I suppose you have to be a bit on the heavy side to notice weight coming off.

The tiredness was amazing, I'd lie down for a rest and I was practically out cold, I even missed meals that way.
  • sport 14 Dec 2012 14:36:03 12,710 posts
    Seen 35 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    You guys are all talk - PICS OR GTFO!
  • phAge 14 Dec 2012 14:36:28 24,371 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Then again 25 miles IS a long fucking way.
  • Razz 14 Dec 2012 15:26:57 61,196 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    I've done well this year, I've gone from 120KG to 132KG. I've levelled up 12 times! Time for more XP,

/noms mince pie

--------------------------------------------------------------------
    Steam/PSN/XBOX: Razztafarai | 3DS: 1246-9674-8856
    --------------------------------------------------------------------

• Lamb 14 Dec 2012 15:30:32 474 posts
    Seen 4 weeks ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Title on thread is wrong.

Im getting phat.

Fixed.

In a world where mirrors are outlawed and the belly bounce is a form of corporal punishment. :D
  • macmurphy 14 Dec 2012 16:41:29 999 posts
    Seen 21 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Pretty much mirroring what others have said. Diet is key. I used to have to lose weight for boxing. Cut down on the booze, especially the midweek drinking. You don't have to give it up completely, but if you are having nights out stick to shorts - whiskey and ice, gin and slim if you aren't man enough for straight up spirits (and don't mind being rinsed by your mates).

Try and get exercise in your life, join a gym. If you hate the gym try and get a buddy to go with, if you have no buddies just find a sport or an activity you like or that fits in with your life - walk a bit of the way to work, try and get your mates to play five a side, that kind of thing.

Diet, just cut out all the shit. There's an interesting guy called Art Devaney, google his diet plans. It's not as new fangled and hippy as some are, basically just cut out carbs. Eat lots of salds and greens, if you do this you don't have to cut down on your portions too much. Cut out all the snacks and chocolate. try making yourself a salad for work, you'll save a bit of coin and it stops you eating fat boy sandwiches and other shite from the office canteen. The tip with eating is little and often, snack on fruits when you get hungry.

I was at Uni and was sat at a desk all day and still lost weight, so don't worry that you have a sedentary job, you can still lose weight and keep it off.

Essentially what I want to say is losing weight can be real easy. You have to make a bit of an effort cooking proper meals, and stop midweek boozing but you can still eat nice food, still go out on the pop with the mates, still find a way of exercising which isn't a ball ache. And I promise you will feel better, your energy levels will go through the roof and you will feel a lot happier with the way you look. Do it, the small minuses are no contest for how much better you will feel, and it's pretty easy if you do it right.

I wrote much of this in the exercise and weight loss thread, and there are lots of guys who post in there who know infinitely more than me who can help out. Good luck.
  • Zizoo 14 Dec 2012 17:52:33 8,373 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Low carbs. High fat.
  • thelzdking 16 Dec 2012 00:22:22 4,367 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    ZizouFC wrote:
    Low carbs. High fat.
    Dripping on Ryvita.

I'd probably get pretty svelte pretty quickly if I cut out the booze. Might try it in the new year.
  • worldalpha 16 Dec 2012 03:06:45 8 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Join the club. Unfortunately.

Currently working on WorldAlpha
    http://www.worldalpha.com

• sirtacos 16 Dec 2012 03:41:42 7,280 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    The-Bodybuilder wrote:
    Razz wrote:
    What is categorised as a good nights sleep?
    7 ATLEAST . Don't go over 9 though.
    What happens when you go over 9? What manner of horrors await thee in the beyond?
  • Deleted user 16 December 2012 09:54:42
    And three threads up (as I type) there is a thread called Don't Starve!
  • Deleted user 16 December 2012 09:55:21

What happens when you go over 9? What manner of horrors await thee in the beyond?
    Cthulhu O.O
  • Page

of 3 First / Last

Next