Futurama Page 25

• Page

of 28 First / Last

• Cosquae 19 Aug 2011 20:32:25 1,212 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    DUFFMAN5 wrote:
    Cool. Love me some Zoidberg ;)

In which case you'ld like last night's episode...
  • Toonster 20 Aug 2011 11:06:01 6,835 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    It seems a lot of people liked the new episode, but I really didn't. It's sloppily written and the characters spent way too much time explaining the story to us. The emotional bits were far too forced. The last minute was the best part of the episode.

I really have liked this season so far, but "Tip of the Zoidberg" is probably my least favourite Futurama episode since the series came back. Which is a shame, because I love Zoidberg-centric episodes.

3DS: 0361-6951-2609 (Tom)

• Futaba 20 Aug 2011 11:20:23 3,464 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    ^Agree. I was reading imdb earlier and was surprised by the high ratio of those who liked it to those that didn't. Not many funny moments, Zoidberg/Professor relationship was unbelievable to me based on their interactions up to this point of the show (yes I know the Prof kept Zoidberg around so long despite being a terrible doctor, but they've never seemed to like each other much until a couple of episodes ago).

The bit with Leela's body being cut in half and her talking was also pretty weird (not sure why I can accept a head being sewn onto someone else's body but not that), I was expecting it would be some sort of dream.

As far back as I can remember I always wanted to be a ninja.

• xandaca 20 Aug 2011 17:32:14 444 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Didn't love it, but it wasn't bad. Like the majority of episodes this season, it just sort of coasted on contrived absurdity (as with the aforementioned example of Leela being sawed in half) and the occasional amusing line. The episode with the space whale has been the season's best to date for my money.
  • ecureuil 20 Aug 2011 23:29:41 76,547 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I thought it was awful. Felt like a fan-made episode, some of the jokes were just dreadful.
  • ecureuil 21 Aug 2011 18:45:29 76,547 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Futaba wrote:
    ^Agree. I was reading imdb earlier and was surprised by the high ratio of those who liked it to those that didn't. Not many funny moments, Zoigberg/Professor relationship was unbelievable to me based on their interactions up to this point of the show (yes I know the Prof kept Zoigberg around so long despite being a terrible doctor, but they've never seemed to like each other much until a couple of episodes ago).

The bit with Leela's body being cut in half and her talking was also pretty weird (not sure why I can accept a head being sewn onto someone else's body but not that), I was expecting it would be some sort of dream.

Yeah it made no sense. It just felt really weird to me, everyone was out of character.

The stuff with Zoidberg performing terrible surgeries on Fry, Leela and Hermes.. what the fuck what that? It was so bad I could barely watch it. I hate when shows go completely surreal. Even though it's a cartoon, I still want them to behave normally. The Simpsons went the same way, where all subtlety was dropped and the characters started doing stuff that'd be more at home in a Looney Tunes cartoon. I know Futurama has done similar things before (Put Your Head On My Shoulders, for example), but I really couldn't buy this.
  • MrDigital 21 Aug 2011 19:07:05 1,866 posts
    Seen 6 days ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    The humour I thought was well below Futurama's standard to be honest. For example the scene where one of the characters was describing the effects the professor has, and the professor acts out the symptoms as they are read out. Or the moment when they try to create humour with Leela's bendy back, and that whole medical scene in general.

Formerly TheStylishHobo and Geesh.

• sirtacos 22 Aug 2011 03:15:40 7,271 posts
    Seen 22 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Zoidberg is my favourite, but that episode sucked balls.
  • Login-Industry 26 Aug 2011 20:06:10 273 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Futurama was MUCH better this week (Cold Warriors). Good comedy and a decent story. Felt much like one of the older episodes again. Some good one-liners too! Now why couldn't all the new episodes be like that??
  • Toonster 27 Aug 2011 04:38:25 6,835 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Agreed with Login. Much, MUCH better than last week, and definitely seemed more like classic Futurama.

Top 3 episodes for this half-season so far (in no particular order):

Cold Warriors
    Silence of the Clamps
    Mobius Dick

• ecureuil 27 Aug 2011 10:35:24 76,547 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Great episode. Definitely among the best of this season, if not the best.
  • binky Moderator 2 Sep 2011 10:04:24 9,466 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Been watching this on sky one. Watched the one with mind swapping last night, thought it was great! :D

• King_Edward 2 Sep 2011 10:16:04 11,454 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Didn't even realise it was back. Has it done a Simpsons yet?
  • Psychotext 2 Sep 2011 17:20:00 53,855 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Enjoyed that, geektastic. :D
  • Toonster 2 Sep 2011 21:50:42 6,835 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Just watched the new one. Pretty good, though not as good as last week's. I like that they got back to the Leela and Fry dynamic, but like "Tip of the Zoidberg", the emotional bits felt a little forced

• ecureuil 3 Sep 2011 19:50:53 76,547 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Overclockwise was bloody brilliant.

Loved the omnipotent Bender scene, Futurama is so good as stuff like that. Also Hang them both + "move three steps to the right" produced genuine lols. :D
  • Futaba 3 Sep 2011 21:47:20 3,464 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Good couple of episodes, especially welcome after that awful Yeti one.

ecureuil wrote:
    Overclockwise was bloody brilliant.

Loved the omnipotent Bender scene, Futurama is so good as stuff like that. Also Hang them both + "move three steps to the right" produced genuine lols. :D

I loved that bit too, plus the call-back to it near the end (on one of Bender's papers). The end with Fry + Leela was interesting, hope they don't put-aside or ignore the relationship between them randomly like they've done before.

Also when did Nibbler start talking to the other characters? Was it in one of the films?

As far back as I can remember I always wanted to be a ninja.

• sirtacos 5 Sep 2011 22:19:20 7,271 posts
    Seen 22 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    The 'three steps to the right' thing instantly redeemed this episode :D

Otherwise, I didn't much care for the romance. Felt forced and weird, and then I realised that Fry has gone from naive idiot loser to whiny and mentally challenged. To the point where his relationship with Leela just seems weird, inexplicable and a bit creepy. As if Leela, a woman in her mid-20s, were dating a genuine retard.

Didn't like the future-reading bit either. Like the fact that it came from Bender though.
  • ecureuil 5 Sep 2011 22:28:00 76,547 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Nibbler started talking to the crew in Benders Big Score, iirc. He was talking a lot in an episode in the first half of this season. The cat episode, I believe.

sirtacos - I've mentioned that about Fry a few times. He's very whiny now, his voice isn't right.

He's just so pathetic now, and I never saw him as pathetic really. Just completely ignorant of the future (naturally), and also kind of confidently stupid.
  • xandaca 5 Sep 2011 22:34:36 444 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    The ending was a bit odd, Futurama might not put much stock into continuity, but it seemed like they threw something pretty important in as an easy way to wrap up a throwaway (if quite amusing) episode. The writers haven't really dealt with Fry and Leela at all this season, it just seemed to have been swept under the rug, which made it all the stranger for it to suddenly appear.
  • ecureuil 5 Sep 2011 22:43:48 76,547 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    It was a little odd, and here's why:

This episode was going to serve as an open-ended series finale, much in the way that "The Devil's Hands Are Idle Playthings" and Into the Wild Green Yonder were produced, in case the show did not get renewed. It was announced on March 24, 2011 that the show was renewed for a seventh production season.
  • xandaca 5 Sep 2011 22:49:48 444 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    ecureuil wrote:
    It was a little odd, and here's why:

This episode was going to serve as an open-ended series finale, much in the way that "The Devil's Hands Are Idle Playthings" and Into the Wild Green Yonder were produced, in case the show did not get renewed. It was announced on March 24, 2011 that the show was renewed for a seventh production season.

But there's still one episode to go, no?

(Devil's Hands remains my favourite Futurama episode, incidentally)
  • Psychotext 5 Sep 2011 22:53:50 53,855 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Yeah, Devil's Hands was fantastic. So much better an ending than Wild Green Yonder.
  • ecureuil 5 Sep 2011 22:54:23 76,547 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Yeah there is, but had it not been renewed, Overclockwise would have been saved until last.
  • ecureuil 5 Sep 2011 22:57:55 76,547 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Psychotext wrote:
    Yeah, Devil's Hands was fantastic. So much better an ending than Wild Green Yonder.

I agree, but I actually did love the ending to WGY.

Devil's Hands was Futurama at its peak though.
  • xandaca 5 Sep 2011 23:11:47 444 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    ecureuil wrote:
    Yeah there is, but had it not been renewed, Overclockwise would have been saved until last.

Aha. If I remember correctly, next week's episode is the one partly drawn in an anime style.
  • TheRealBadabing 9 Sep 2011 11:03:16 1,283 posts
    Seen 21 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    This week's is utterly amazing. So awesome, it even has the theme from Battle of the Planets.
  • MrDigital 9 Sep 2011 11:06:00 1,866 posts
    Seen 6 days ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I think I loved the 8 bit section the most. Then followed by the anime version and then the old-fashioned section. It was all fucking awesome though. Great episode.

Formerly TheStylishHobo and Geesh.

• Page

of 28 First / Last