The Pirate Bay Thread Page 34

• Page

of 38 First / Last

• Aretak 10 Jan 2013 16:04:07 10,354 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Looks like their search is just broken. I searched for Only Fools and Horses and got zero results, but putting the same plus Stagevu into Google brought up loads of episodes on there (which seem to work fine).
  • Moot_Point 10 Jan 2013 16:15:02 4,109 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    @Aretak Thanks for checking. I like popping there from time to time, just to see what they have on their servers. Last lucky search i did there netted me a copy of The Amazing Spiderman. :)

================================================================================

mowgli wrote: I thought the 1 married the .2 and founded Islam?

• Dirtbox 7 Feb 2013 16:58:53 78,221 posts
    Seen 25 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    http://falkvinge.net/2013/02/07/court-of-human-rights-convictions-for-file-sharing-violates-human-rights/

That leaves the powers that be a bit toothless then. I wonder how they'll respond to jump the charge up.

Not that I've heard of many people being convicted for piracy in the EU.

+1 / Like / Tweet this post

• MrDigital 9 Feb 2013 19:07:33 1,866 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Surprisingly good production quality and well made. Also has quite an interesting story to tell.

Formerly TheStylishHobo and Geesh.

• oceanmotion 4 Mar 2013 19:14:12 15,958 posts
    Seen 15 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    They have now landed in North Korea.

https://thepiratebay.se/blog/229

Edited by oceanmotion at 19:15:06 04-03-2013
  • MrDigital 5 Mar 2013 10:09:08 1,866 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    They really can't give a fuck about freedom or right to free speech doing this. It shows quite clearly what was known all along, they host the site so people can get free stuff, and people use the site to get free stuff.

All of the things they post to justify their "cause", all bollocks when they are willing to get in bed with one of the most (if not the single most) repressive countries in the world. A country with an abysmal human rights record, where the free information they apparently believe in is disallowed.

They acknowledge NK's current state in one line at the end of the 3rd paragraph, but immediately afterwards in the following paragraph claim that they see change in the country and they will try to influence the leaders. No they won't be able to, fools, NK are allowing this simply as a way of getting at the West, their citizens will be as repressed as ever, and if change does come for NK, it certainly won't be from TPB having servers hosted in the country.

Formerly TheStylishHobo and Geesh.

• Dirtbox 5 Mar 2013 10:13:04 78,221 posts
    Seen 25 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    It's more about wrapping the whole making money from ad revenue up in a nice freedom of speech package.

It's an ironic turn to take whichever way you look at it.

• alexm 5 Mar 2013 10:20:57 276 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    @Geesh I saw that and they pretty all seemed to conformed to the stereotypes of vile, socially awkward 20/30 somethings stuck in their adolescence and revelling in their faux-anarchistic nonsense - I don't think it can just be put down to bad editing.

The bit where one was tittering about a site he made where you could rate how stupid deceased US soldiers were pretty much summed them up. That and the way they were acting like small children around the Scandinavian judiciary and showed absolutely no respect.

I'm 25 but I don't really feel anything in common with this 'new generation' they talk about which seems to dismiss any concept of ownership and copyright. Yes big corporations have a lot to answer for but these guys are not the answer.
  • kalel 5 Mar 2013 10:25:39 87,743 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    It's depressing how many people use "fighting the system" as a cover under which to hide selfish, anti-social and lazy behaviour. Most tax dodgers, drug dealers and thieves of all kinds that I've known have to some extent justified what they do through "fighting the system".

It's a shame, as there are faults in "the system" (whatever that is) and some go about addressing them in the right way. These cunts give them a bad name.
  • sport 5 Mar 2013 10:27:06 12,737 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    kalel grew up in a rough neighbourhood.
  • Dirtbox 5 Mar 2013 10:27:07 78,221 posts
    Seen 25 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    What I don't understand is why NK would do this. Aside from the obvious reason that it rubs salt in the eye of America's media corporations I can't help but feel they have something more nefarious planned. Not that I have anything in particular against NK or reason to think they're up to anything more, aside from their frankly bizarre society.

Edited by Dirtbox at 10:29:00 05-03-2013

• kalel 5 Mar 2013 10:28:37 87,743 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    sport wrote:
    You get plenty of middle-class drug dealers, tax dodgers and internet pirates :)
  • sport 5 Mar 2013 10:35:09 12,737 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    kalel wrote:
    sport wrote:
    You get plenty of middle-class drug dealers, tax dodgers and internet pirates :)
    And that's just the Rabbis :-D
  • Dangerous_Dan 5 Mar 2013 10:36:21 2,380 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    kalel wrote:
    It's depressing how many people use "fighting the system" as a cover under which to hide selfish, anti-social and lazy behaviour. Most tax dodgers, drug dealers and thieves of all kinds that I've known have to some extent justified what they do through "fighting the system".

It's a shame, as there are faults in "the system" (whatever that is) and some go about addressing them in the right way. These cunts give them a bad name.
    I know where you are coming from with this but that's actually the point. The system does not allow people to be selfish. Or to be more precise, it does not allow for certain kinds of selfish behaviour.

Of course if they think it's not selfish then they are only kidding themselves. But then again, depending on definition, everybody is selfish.
  • nickthegun 5 Mar 2013 10:37:17 59,968 posts
    Seen 11 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I think its because Kim Jong-Un realised that there were BORED NORTH KOREAN HOUSEWIVES IN HIS AREA but needed a way to find them.

---------------------------------------------------------
    someone say something funny

• kalel 5 Mar 2013 10:45:56 87,743 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Dangerous_Dan wrote:
    kalel wrote:

I know where you are coming from with this but that's actually the point. The system does not allow people to be selfish. Or to be more precise, it does not allow for certain kinds of selfish behaviour.

Of course if they think it's not selfish then they are only kidding themselves. But then again, depending on definition, everybody is selfish.
    Sorry I'm not really following. Can you make some sort of cinematic analogy to help you point?
  • Dangerous_Dan 5 Mar 2013 11:05:22 2,380 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Nope.
  • RedSparrows 5 Mar 2013 11:09:53 22,757 posts
    Seen 59 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Geesh wrote:
    Surprisingly good production quality and well made. Also has quite an interesting story to tell.

Saw that on BBC4 t'other day. As others have said, it's amazing how each of the trio fit into cliché 'angry young man' roles.

1) Righteous, well-meaning, but ultimately mis-guided and self-inflated ideologue? Check.
    2) Awkward, nervous, tech geek with a mean streak and a need for a relationship, whatever, where ever.
    3) Arrogant, ill-looking tech geek who thinks being sarcastic to authority figures makes him James Dean.
  • nickthegun 5 Mar 2013 11:09:59 59,968 posts
    Seen 11 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Please? They are brilliant.

• kalel 5 Mar 2013 11:10:07 87,743 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Fact is, there really isn't such a thing as "the system". I'm beginning to suspect that anyone that uses that phrase with any level of seriousness in this context is in fact a cunt.
  • nickthegun 5 Mar 2013 11:12:50 59,968 posts
    Seen 11 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Everything is the system. Those idiots are now the system.

• speedofthepuma 5 Mar 2013 11:14:34 13,299 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Your mum is the system.

I lurk. If I've spoken to you, I'm either impassioned, or drunk.

• Dangerous_Dan 5 Mar 2013 11:16:11 2,380 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    That's a convenient thing to say - pretty much the extreme polar opposite of people who claim there is "the system" and it works like this and that.
  • nickthegun 5 Mar 2013 11:17:54 59,968 posts
    Seen 11 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    speedofthepuma wrote:
    Your mum is the system.
    She was the system

• kalel 5 Mar 2013 11:22:10 87,743 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Dangerous_Dan wrote:
    That's a convenient thing to say - pretty much the extreme polar opposite of people who claim there is "the system" and it works like this and that.
    Not really. It's the singular "the" I take issue with to be honest.
  • Chopsen 5 Mar 2013 11:42:36 16,014 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Can't remember who said it, might have been Douglas Adams, and I've probably got it a bit wrong anyway: "There is no us and them, only an awful lot of us."
  • kalel 5 Mar 2013 11:48:21 87,743 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I like that.
  • ecureuil 5 Mar 2013 12:40:32 76,822 posts
    Seen 15 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Pirate Bay is not being hosted in North Korea.

Apparently NK doesn't even have the bandwidth required to host their own government webpage, it's hosted in Thailand.
  • Short-Round 21 Mar 2013 23:15:11 1,181 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    So Virgin Media now seem to be blocking KAT as well ¬_¬
  • Dirtbox 21 Mar 2013 23:23:55 78,221 posts
    Seen 25 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Bugger, you're right.

http://torrentfreak.com/uk-isps-start-blocking-kickasstorrents-h33t-and-fenopy-130321/

On with the proxy parade then.

Edited by Dirtbox at 23:24:51 21-03-2013

• Page

of 38 First / Last