Most Annoying TV Adverts Page 87

• Page

of 117 First / Last

• Kosmoz 20 Jan 2012 12:08:49 7,662 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Not really annoying but the match dot com adverts have to be the worst advert ever. Look, here are two people making a connection in the real world! This is why you should come to our internet dating site!

Hold on a minute, didn't you just show us that you don't need the internet to meet people and can do it in the real world?

Every girl I ever kissed I was thinking of a pro footballer.

• Lukus 22 Jan 2012 19:16:54 19,050 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    The new Vodafone advert with Yoda in it. It's depressing for many reasons-

1.) The voice is all wrong. Surely they could have got a better impression of Frank Oz's Yoda.
    2.) It's CG Yoda. They could have made a stand and used old rubber Yoda for extra kudos.
    3.) Taking him out of the Star Wars setting further devalues the franchise and shows a lack of respect for the license. We all know the merchandising is a huge cash cow and always has been, but to so brazenly whore the characters out, and for such mundane and uselessly rubbish endorsements too; Vodafone, Currys (or wherever Darth's character was metaphorically sucking dick), come on! At least have some kind of quality control and stick to massive mega brands with a more respectable image.
    4.) He's talking to a couple of brummies.
    5.) What next? Jabba eating at Pizza Hut?
    6.) George Lucas.

Paintings & Photographs

• Fatiguez 22 Jan 2012 19:28:49 8,714 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Good god, the new BT advert is so fucking shit. I can tell that this particular advert 'series' is going to be a continuous source of ire for me
  • Tom_Servo 22 Jan 2012 19:33:48 17,497 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Check out the last page. THERE'S A VIRAL CAMPAIGN!
  • Fatiguez 22 Jan 2012 19:46:32 8,714 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    It's the worst kind of attempted internet/youth 'culture' pandering. Awful, blatant, and infuriating
  • Nuclear_Guru 24 Jan 2012 23:25:58 27 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    I agree the new BT ad makes me want to puke my liver out it's so unspeakably bad, I think I'll resist the urge to check out the viral campaign somehow.

@whoever replied to me above, I'm not even willing to click the link just in case it's to the ad i was bitching about lol

I kinda like some of the Direct line ones, the one with the guy n his identically dressed offspring I find funny. But the new Churchill adverts with Martin Clunes n the wrong sounding Churchill r particularly painful to watch
  • neilka 25 Jan 2012 01:11:12 15,844 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Lukus wrote:

1.) The voice is all wrong. Surely they could have got a better impression of Frank Oz's Yoda.
    2.) It's CG Yoda. They could have made a stand and used old rubber Yoda for extra kudos.
    3.) Taking him out of the Star Wars setting further devalues the franchise and shows a lack of respect for the license. We all know the merchandising is a huge cash cow and always has been, but to so brazenly whore the characters out, and for such mundane and uselessly rubbish endorsements too; Vodafone, Currys (or wherever Darth's character was metaphorically sucking dick), come on! At least have some kind of quality control and stick to massive mega brands with a more respectable image.
    6.) George Lucas.
  • convercide 25 Jan 2012 04:42:33 5,981 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Check out this shit I get over here in Canada. Keep watching 'til at least the 20 second mark for the best editing around.

If you can read this, you don't need glasses.

• Mageme 25 Jan 2012 08:48:01 2,008 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    All the Wonga ads and the latest Find A Property rapping fool.

3DS: 5086-1465-9252

• Lukus 25 Jan 2012 10:07:27 19,050 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    neilka wrote:
    Lukus wrote:

6.) George Lucas.
    Marginally better, but still wrong. At least the voice is accurate and the setting is Star Wars-y.

Paintings & Photographs

• kinky_mong 25 Jan 2012 15:23:56 10,122 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Lukus wrote:

It's a fucking kid's film about make believe space war, and a massively overrated one at that. The franchise was devalued years ago when teddy bears bought down a supposedly unbreakable evil empire.

Now stop being so precious about it and move on with your life.

I'll never get my Orc looking the same again.

• Flightrisker 25 Jan 2012 15:36:10 18,096 posts
    Seen 3 months ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Those Ladbrokes ads with the screaming Italian commentator get me really annoyed. I get the concept of "if you've remembered the brand then the ad worked" but this goes beyond that. I will never use that company completely down to my associating this ad with them.
  • Lukus 25 Jan 2012 15:40:40 19,050 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    kinky_mong wrote:

Now stop being so precious about it and move on with your life.
    What a peculiar thing to say. My life remains entirely unaffected by it, but thanks for your concern, mong.

Paintings & Photographs

• MetalDog 25 Jan 2012 15:41:08 23,697 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    I don't pay much attention to ads when I see them, but the one I saw last night about some new Vanish washing powder that kills germs in the washing machine made me swear like a docker.

FFS guys, 'even kills the flu virus'? How many of you have caught the flu off your fucking SHEETS rather than some cunt sneezing all over you? EH? EH?

-- boobs do nothing for me, I want moustaches and chest hair.

• Deleted user 25 January 2012 15:42:23
    Flightrisker wrote:
    Those Ladbrokes ads with the screaming Italian commentator get me really annoyed. I get the concept of "if you've remembered the brand then the ad worked" but this goes beyond that. I will never use that company completely down to my associating this ad with them.
    I was after home and car insurance recently. I actively avoided going down the route of using GoCompare or Confused, primarily because they have such spectacularly shit adverts. I ended up doing more work looking for quotes but fuck 'em, I don't want them getting any of my cash
  • Deleted user 25 January 2012 15:42:27
    Post deleted
  • Tom_Servo 25 Jan 2012 17:51:25 17,497 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Flightrisker wrote:
    I like them. He's a real Italian commentator, which I didn't realise at first. Here he is in action
  • Nuclear_Guru 25 Jan 2012 23:24:45 27 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    That fucking lurpack ad and it's stupid fucking dog with kennel cough voice chorus song gets me reaching for the mute button these days too
  • essential 25 Jan 2012 23:48:55 661 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Is it a Gaviscon ad, the one where the guy asks "how was your stir fry" and she moans "it was a bit spicy and I've got heartburn" whilst pulling a face like a bulldog licking piss off nettles, ungrateful whiny cow.
  • elstoof 27 Jan 2012 08:00:41 6,981 posts
    Seen 32 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    The gadget man cartoon rapping car advert, at least I think it's a car advert. Why a prospective hatchback buyer would relate to a rapping cartoon character mocking someone else's machine to pasta on their dashboard is lost on me, but then I don't work in advertising.
  • smoothpete 27 Jan 2012 09:24:58 31,484 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    "The girl on the platform smiled..."

"The bloke on the platform next to the bloke that just playing the lame song punched the singing bloke in the face and pushed him under s train"
  • elstoof 27 Jan 2012 09:42:51 6,981 posts
    Seen 32 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I'd play a shit song to get a girl in the sack. The amount of the crap music I've said I liked in the past for the same reason is incredible.
  • Nuclear_Guru 9 Feb 2012 23:41:12 27 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    On an ad for one of the bingo sites a woman says, "eyes on the prize, people". anyone who talks like that needs to die a very slow painful death, whoever scripted her to say it should be shot into space minus the space suit, rocket etc.
  • bitch_tits_zero_nine 10 Feb 2012 18:12:51 6,654 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Gonna buy Wowcher shares... Gonna be big people!1
  • Syrette 11 Feb 2012 15:05:14 43,295 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    That BT advert - "I didn't know you were such an expert at finding a girl's Hotspot"

OMGLOL

A GIRL'S HOT SPOT

LOL

• Lukus 11 Feb 2012 15:21:10 19,050 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    She's talking about her anus.

Paintings & Photographs

• Kovacs77 11 Feb 2012 19:44:19 364 posts
    Seen 6 days ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Graveland wrote:
    That advert with the two office virgins discussing mental illness. Are they the same person (just one has a beard), or did the producers specifically go out to Sunday Schools to recruit the most paedophilic-looking nonces and then have them discuss mental illness for an advert? They make my fucking skin crawl. Kill them with fire.
    I think that's quite a well-done advert, considering the subject matter. Each to their own eh?
  • BillMurray 21 Feb 2012 12:55:44 7,700 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Aviva life insurance. Paul Whitehouse playing the ghost of someone's dead husband/father. Just plain weird.
  • ecureuil 21 Feb 2012 12:58:55 76,707 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Another new Go Compare advert. That's 540,042 of them by my count.

We should declare a national holiday when they decide not to make anymore.
  • Page

of 117 First / Last