***Official*** Mass Effect Thread Page 99

• Page

of 101 First / Last

• Syrette 12 Nov 2009 03:55:57 43,767 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Quick question before I finally go to bed.

If I get the DLC (and yes I know they're not meant to be very good), can I play them straight away if I've completed the main game?

Or would I have to go through another playthrough until I have control of the Normandy again before I can do the DLC missions?

If it's the latter, I'll make sure I've saved it before I head to Ilos or whatever it's called so I can do the DLC immediately without worry. In fact I might even buy it now and get it out of the way (I'm on Virmire)...

• CosmicFuzz 12 Nov 2009 07:57:57 24,870 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    You have to have a save before you start the final part of the game. When you're still able to choose what planet to travel to I think. Once you begin the final push you can't get to the DLC planets. I think anyway.

Looking for a new video game podcast? Try ours! (And give us a rating on iTunes!) :)

• Syrette 12 Nov 2009 11:54:54 43,767 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Well that's stupid, if sort of logical given how the story no doubt progresses.

• Syrette 14 Nov 2009 15:58:59 43,767 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    If I was to just get one of them, what would people recommend?

Saying that I'll probably still get both DLCs, simply because I'm loving the game so much and I don't want to miss out on anything. I expect to have all but 2 of the secondary missions done by the time I finish, and that's because one of them is collectibles-based and the other I can't access as I didn't choose Spacer as my background when I started the game.

• RedSparrows 14 Nov 2009 16:06:50 23,298 posts
    Seen 46 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    bring down the sky. it's poor, but not soul destroyingly so a la pinnacle station.
  • Syrette 14 Nov 2009 23:49:56 43,767 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Just to double check - I'll be able to access the DLC any time before Ilos, i.e. for me, during or after Virmire?

Between the two would be perfect.

• RedSparrows 15 Nov 2009 01:09:03 23,298 posts
    Seen 46 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Yes. Ilos is the point of no return. DLC is accessible any time you go on the galaxy map.
  • Optyk 29 Nov 2009 15:37:09 1,315 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    How do I start a new game on a higher difficulty with an existing character? It just goes straight into the game on casual.

Shooting ducks in a barrel.

• Aretak 29 Nov 2009 15:56:53 10,366 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    You just change the difficulty once you're in-game. If it's achievements you're after, you only need to change the difficulty before the end of Eden Prime for it to count as a run on the harder difficulty.
  • mcmonkeyplc 17 Dec 2009 11:05:44 39,467 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    After re-purchasing the game (11.99 for the special edition on Amazon) I finally managed to kill that fucking FUCKING BITCH Benezia and it was quite easy once I relieved my stress and thought about it.

Cant believe I gave up on the game cause of one fucked up boss. Anyway, how long do I have till the end assuming I dont do any side quests?

Come and get it cumslingers!

• Xerx3s 17 Dec 2009 11:47:47 23,944 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Beneziah is quite easy to kill actually. Stand in the corner where you enter the room (you are out of reach from any enemy in the room), send you team across the bridge to the opposite point. Neither you nor your team can now be attack by her.
    Your team will kill all enemies in that section (revive them when they die). The only thing you have to do is kill the handful of enemies on the right side. If you get the chance from time to time, take a popshot at beneziah from the right, aiming through the pillar section.

If you do it right, it should be a cakewalk, even on insane. Note that the first two asari commando's will cross the bridge in the beginning but they shouldn't be a problem (biotics and tech work best).
  • glaeken 17 Dec 2009 12:04:46 11,221 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I actually went to the other walk way away from where you enter the room and Beneziah cannot get you at all while you are there which means you can concentrate on clearing all the other attackers and then take out Beneziah when she is the only attacker left.
  • triarii 17 Dec 2009 12:14:57 297 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Benezia is a total dick if you do the planets in the wrong order like I did first time through. Broke the ME box throwing my 360 controller at it then ranted to Crispyduckman in the longest 360 message I've ever sent.

mcmonkeyplc, I totally understand giving up due to Benezia, she is a complete slut.

p.s blizeH check your pm's.
  • RedSparrows 17 Dec 2009 12:16:40 23,298 posts
    Seen 46 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I didn't find Benezia very hard - she was probably the hardest boss, but not horrible, even on Insanity. Although I did wipe a few times on that playthrough. I always did Feros first, however.
  • Deleted user 17 December 2009 13:54:03
    I didn't have much of a problem with Benezia, it did take me a while to kill her though. My one issue was the fucked up checkpoint before you meet her.
  • Xerx3s 17 Dec 2009 13:58:02 23,944 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    glaeken wrote:
    I actually went to the other walk way away from where you enter the room and Beneziah cannot get you at all while you are there which means you can concentrate on clearing all the other attackers and then take out Beneziah when she is the only attacker left.

I haven't tried that but considering that the room is symmetric, I'd reckon that the 'bug' is there as well.
  • Xerx3s 17 Dec 2009 14:00:48 23,944 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    You definitely shouldn't do beneziah as the first planet. It's doable but much harder. The best way is probably: Ferros, Liara (that krogan bos can be a bitch as well when you aren't levelled), Noveria, Vermire, Ilos.
  • glaeken 17 Dec 2009 14:08:57 11,221 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I actually found the first bit where you run into the Geth harder than Benezia. It was that fight vs. quite a few of them just after a cut scene where a geth drops from a walkway above. I think it was on the planet you pick up Liara on.

Hopefully they will have learnt for the sequel not to have tough battles right after cut scenes unless they autosave at the begining of the battle.
  • DUFFMAN5 16 Jan 2010 08:41:33 14,971 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Lads where the hell is the dlc planet ? I'm looking for the Asteroid x57 in the Asgard system, which I believe is it's self in the Exodus system...well I'm fooked if I can find it. I have installed the bonus disc to the 360 of course.
    Help me, you are my last hope.

"Duffman the grey is thrusting in the direction of the problem! Oh, yeah!"

• Deleted user 16 January 2010 09:21:39
    DUFFMAN5 wrote:
    Lads where the hell is the dlc planet ? I'm looking for the Asteroid x57 in the Asgard system, which I believe is it's self in the Exodus system...well I'm fooked if I can find it. I have installed the bonus disc to the 360 of course.
    Help me, you are my last hope.

Exodus Cluster is just below where Noveria is

EDIT - ought to add - if you can't see it below Noveria I guess the DLC install didn't pull through onto your game correctly - not sure what to recommend if that is the case - maybe uninstall/reinstall?
  • Gaiduku 16 Jan 2010 11:08:50 77 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    You may have to actually scan for the asteroid. Not sure if you do for the DLC but if you can't see the asteroid move the cursor through any asteroid belts in the system. If something pops up then scan it and it should be asteroid x57..... make sure to check around the planets to and scan them because, if i remember correctly, the asteroid is close to hitting a planet.
  • RedSparrows 16 Jan 2010 12:43:17 23,298 posts
    Seen 46 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    All DLC is highlighted like Feros/Noveria/Virmire/Ilos/Liara's Planet. Odd.
  • BillMurray 16 Jan 2010 13:59:33 7,792 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Aww shit. Playing through the game now and I've just started the 'Virmire' mission and I haven't invested enough points in charm or intimidate to save Wrex and I wrote over my spare save! What the fuck do I do!
  • Aretak 16 Jan 2010 14:01:58 10,366 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Nothing you can do if you don't have a previous save to load. You can also stop him without Charm/Intimidate by doing his family armour sidequest before going to Virmire, but again that's not much help if you're stuck on Virmire.

/edit/ Incidentally, things like this are why I always use as many save slots as possible, writing over the oldest one first every time. I think ME allows you 20 save slots per run.
  • BillMurray 16 Jan 2010 14:05:29 7,792 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    /o\ ballz!

I can't believe this is the second time i've done this.
  • DUFFMAN5 16 Jan 2010 16:57:30 14,971 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Re can't find X57
    Cheers boys
    My fault. I copied the 2nd disc (bonus, nice prem theme on that) onto the hd, not realising I then had to save the dlc separately. I have done, so and completed the content. Level 48 now. I'm doing all side quests this time, first time I think I did around 5.

"Duffman the grey is thrusting in the direction of the problem! Oh, yeah!"

• Yossarian 16 Jan 2010 18:03:34 8,409 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Can't you save Wrex if you did his subquest, regardless of your charm/intimidate score? I'm pretty sure you can.
  • BillMurray 16 Jan 2010 19:50:12 7,792 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Didn't know about the subquest before Virmire :(
  • Dave_McCoy 18 Jan 2010 23:14:23 2,788 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Just tried to start a New Game+ so I have a fresh run through and save for Mass Effect 2 and can't find the option. I've tried starting a new career but the choose existing profile isn't there. I wanted to run through with a powered up Shepard so the combat wouldn't get in the way of shaping the story.

tbh, the only thing I want to change is the romancing of the alien.
  • Page

of 101 First / Last