***Official*** Mass Effect Thread Page 98

• Page

of 101 First / Last

• RedSparrows 14 Oct 2009 23:22:58 22,721 posts
    Seen 10 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I hope I killed you in the death frenzy at the end of the Outpost mission, in punishment for your ME-ignorance. I think I did. Good.
  • Xerx3s 15 Oct 2009 00:43:35 23,944 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    ecosse_011172 wrote:
    Just played the first 30 mins of this and it's feeling a bit bloody good, even gf was watching.... :D

Remember to punch the reporter. :D
  • Deleted user 15 October 2009 00:51:10
    Xerx3s wrote:
    ecosse_011172 wrote:
    Just played the first 30 mins of this and it's feeling a bit bloody good, even gf was watching.... :D

Remember to punch the reporter. :D

Thats about 4hrs in though if you make it ;p
    But yes, punch the bitch
  • IMO 15 Oct 2009 02:23:02 5,666 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I remember spending aaaaaaaaaaages trying to take down the final boss just because I didn't read the description on some of the ammo I had properly. Still, as everyone has said, cracking game.
  • Deleted user 15 October 2009 21:06:39
    Saren's entrance on Virmire....Best. Gaming. Moment. Ever.

(Yes Aerith that includes your death)
  • Deleted user 23 October 2009 15:02:24
    I've been replaying this recently after nearly two years and I'm loving it. I'm playing at hardcore and as a renegade so the combat is more interesting and the dialogue is mostly new to me. I'm a shock-trooper soldier with max assault rifiles and sniper rifles. I'm playing with Garrus and Wrex and I think Garrus' tech abilities are really useful. I think I might play through as an engineer at Insanity, is that possible?
  • Xerx3s 23 Oct 2009 16:01:32 23,944 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Yeah, quite easily if you start as a lvl 50 I might add.
  • Deleted user 25 October 2009 15:10:33
    Is it the cutscene on Therum, where the Geth Armature ambushes you?

Fall back behind the crates and take out the other geth, especially the Shocktroopers and Rocket troops, they can one hit kill.

Press X to skip conversations, cutscenes are not skippable however.
  • Deleted user 25 October 2009 15:15:04
    Stuck at the Geth Collossus ecosse (presume so as I can't think of anything else on that planet that can 1 shot you? The Collossus is the one that drops out of the sky with Stalkers (the crawling things) - its a tough bit to be sure.

There is a box just to your left as the action restarts after the cut scene. Get behind that. You can then easily poke your head out and pick off the Stalkers and additional troopers as they run towards you. What talents have you got? Barrier? Marksman? Use Marksman on the Collossus. Just remember to duck back into cover when you see the Collosus building up another charge.

Its tough but not too bad.
  • Deleted user 25 October 2009 15:18:35
    It's not a Colossus, they are much bigger and tougher. The Armatures are not that big and are pretty easy if you can dodge their blast. The rocket troopers, although weaker, are more dangerous because rockets are so fast.

I'm a level fifty soldier and I can take on Colossi and Thresher Maws on foot. Geth Primes and Rachni Brood Warriors are tough too.
  • Deleted user 25 October 2009 15:23:30
    Dangerpuss: Colossus / armature - same difference its a big robot - been a while since I played that area sorry
    /4x60s
  • Deleted user 25 October 2009 15:25:42
    Make sure to use the right ammo for each enemy type. There's ammo for synthetics and organics which give big damage bonuses. You can switch them in battle too if you need to.
  • brainbird 25 Oct 2009 15:47:42 2,216 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    ronuds wrote:
    glaeken wrote:
    I think the Mako is fine once you understand the stupid control scheme they decided to use on it. Also once you realise you use the jump jets to dodge incoming fire rather than try and drive out of the way it all becomes much more manageable.

Good tip about the jump jets!

I found combat to be relatively easy with the Mako. Especially enemy troops, who you can just run over. :)

Fuck, what? Jump jets? I've played through ME just recently (was not as impressed as some of you are, to be honest) and never knew about jump jets. To think I've spent hours on those shitty samey planets trying to get somewhere uphill with the Mako.
  • Retroid Moderator 25 Oct 2009 16:12:22 44,760 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    You didn't play about with buttons and such then, did you? :)

I know what you mean, though, it's not a perfect game. But for me (and it seems many others) it's somehow more than the sum of its parts and I *heart* the universe they've built.

Superb stuff (End battles)
  • Deleted user 25 October 2009 16:17:30
    Retroid wrote:
    I know what you mean, though, it's not a perfect game. But for me (and it seems many others) it's somehow more than the sum of its parts and I *heart* the universe they've built.

I agree with this. It's great but it's still full of bugs and is too easy even at the higher difficulty levels.

• brainbird 25 Oct 2009 16:23:14 2,216 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Retroid wrote:
    You didn't play about with buttons and such then, did you? :)
    Buttons are for pussies.

While everybody knows there will be repetition in a RPG, the samey planet missions with their three or four standard room layouts really hurt the feeling of discovery. At least you can leave out a lot of those side quests.
    Enjoyable game nonetheless.
  • Deleted user 25 October 2009 21:08:52
    Has anyone reached Level 60 on this game? I've completed Hardcore and I am only on 51 and I don't think I'll get to sixty by the end of an Insanity play-through. The ally achievements are a bitch too.
  • brainbird 25 Oct 2009 23:08:04 2,216 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I think the ally achievements are a bit glitchy. I've completed the game and had the human woman (can't remember the name) all the time in my party. However I've only got the ally achievement for the alien chick (the one with the mask, not the sexy smurf) even though I had her in my party for a shorter time than the other character.
  • Deleted user 26 October 2009 00:16:20
    dangerpuss wrote:
    Has anyone reached Level 60 on this game? I've completed Hardcore and I am only on 51 and I don't think I'll get to sixty by the end of an Insanity play-through. The ally achievements are a bitch too.

Yeah on several characters too. The hardest ally one is the Ascari one as you need her from the get-go without doing hardly any quests and then doing a practically full run-through.

The levelling up is somewhat slow - for example it generally takes not far off a full story-mode run to get from 59-60 (a whopping 200k + xp required for that final lvl up).

You do get bonuses for multiple run throughs (+5% exp etc). I tend to not bother with side quests other than the BdtS (for the armour or logi-tool) and the Luna VI one. It seems that you level up faster concentrating on the story - may be wrong but thats how it seems to me.

To be honest at 51 after hardcore you may want to do 2 more full story run throughs to get to 60 :(

Its a grind at times and I shudder to think how many hours I've sank into ME - 3 60s and 1 59 at present - must get that last character to 60 before ME2!
  • Retroid Moderator 26 Oct 2009 00:20:31 44,760 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    dangerpuss wrote:
    Has anyone reached Level 60 on this game? I've completed Hardcore and I am only on 51 and I don't think I'll get to sixty by the end of an Insanity play-through.
    Yup, I have. Took an entire extra playthrough to get from ~50 to 60.

^______________^

IIRC I'm only missing some of the 'use ability X times' achievements, barring the new DLC which I've not played much.
  • Petrarch 26 Oct 2009 00:20:45 3,425 posts
    Seen 46 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I've a couple of characters at 60 - I keep meaning to do another playthrough with a freshly minted character ahead of Mass Effect 2 as I can't remember entirely how each character moved through the story, so it's easier to start over and use that save.
  • Deleted user 26 October 2009 00:24:31
    I'm at level 54 now and I'm just powering through the story mode, ignoring all side-quests and ignoring enemies when in the Mako. I only want the insanity achievement and then I might redo the story again as an Engineer on a lower difficulty to get the tech achievements. Hopefully I'll have Dragon Age then and after that Mass Effect 2.

I've heard you can completely alter your Shepherd when you import him into Mass Effect 2, change his appearance and class. It only really makes sense to have a renegade and paragon level 60.
  • Deleted user 26 October 2009 20:13:10
    I'd be surprised if you could ater your lvl 60 Shheperd - I'm angling more along the li9nes of APs on release as well as early access to the stores - time will tell
  • Deleted user 1 November 2009 22:26:47
    Snakehips76 wrote:
    I'd be surprised if you could ater your lvl 60 Shheperd - I'm angling more along the li9nes of APs on release as well as early access to the stores - time will tell

They've said that you can. You can change class and appearance.

appearance

class

I finished the game on Insanity and the game is easy if you have Liara or someone who can use biotics. The bosses are much easier when you can use biotics to immobilize them, especially mecha-Saren.
  • Deleted user 1 November 2009 22:31:36
    ecosse_011172 wrote:
    WHat is the grainy filter in this about?

It's to make it look like a film. You can turn it off. And motion blur.
  • Page

of 101 First / Last