Ubisoft/Free Radical's "Haze"

• Page

of 129 First / Last

Previous
  • oceanmotion 10 May 2006 18:09:55 16,099 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Its another FPS. Yay if you like them and I do.

Official site with screen & trailer

Looks nice, trailer was shit though. Horribly generic looking & same old stuff. Wait and see how it comes along though.
  • Teeth 10 May 2006 18:14:26 7,987 posts
    Seen 4 years ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    more interesting than gears of war :)
  • SirScratchalot 10 May 2006 18:17:02 7,877 posts
    Seen 55 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    We havent had an evil corporation as a bad-guy for some time! Throw in a rouge AI and Im there....
  • Freek 10 May 2006 18:32:21 7,684 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    The ingame screenshots look a million times better then the prerendred teaser trailer, that's got to be a first!

Edited by Freek at 18:34:07 10-05-2006
  • Blerk Moderator 10 May 2006 21:55:25 48,225 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Oh, Free Radical! What have you done? :-(
  • oishiiniku 11 May 2006 09:53:09 45 posts
    Seen 4 years ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Post deleted
  • Deleted user 15 May 2006 20:08:05
    Truk wrote:
    That's nekotcha's work, isn't it? Bravo sir.

Hey, cheers chap. It's especially important to me as I'm actually project lead on the game. I know there's not a lot of information available on the game as of yet, but what I can tell you is that the reactions we got from the VIP area on the booth were fantastic. I look forward to being able to chat about the game in more detail!

Blerk wrote:
    Oh, Free Radical! What have you done? :-(

Woah, hold your horses there, chap! I think it'd be fair to say we're doing the same as we've always done. The tone and graphical style has shifted because we want to tell a different type of story, and create a different world, to that which we've done before. But that doesn't mean any of the inventiveness, or the sense of humour, has gone anywhere. There's a lot more to the game than meets the eye, so give it a chance!

Oh, and koti, if you're reading this, sorry I couldn't make the meeting - I was completely snowed under the whole time! Hope you had a good show, though.
  • Freek 15 May 2006 20:15:12 7,684 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Ah, so if the game ends up having crappy jumping sections and/or rubbish "stealth" sections we'll know who to hunt down and kill! ;)
  • Deleted user 15 May 2006 20:18:32
    Wow, that looks great. I'm not even saying that because nekotcha's project lead. Genuinely impressed!

That said, if it has stealth section, we will hunt you down. ;)
  • DoleScum 15 May 2006 20:23:36 573 posts
    Seen 7 years ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    sewer level ftw
  • SirScratchalot 15 May 2006 20:27:58 7,877 posts
    Seen 55 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    @nekotcha
    Your story needs a rouge AI of some sort.
    You know it makes sense...
  • Freek 15 May 2006 20:31:09 7,684 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    SirScratchalot wrote:
    @nekotcha
    Your story needs a rouge AI of some sort.
    You know it makes sense...

And a lead character named Jack who "doesn't play by the rules" is "edgy" and has a "cool side kick for comic relief" and an "urban" soundtrack.

Edited by Freek at 20:33:46 15-05-2006
  • Deleted user 15 May 2006 20:33:33
    /Secretly drops 'stealth jumping' level design down back of sofa...

What!?

Yeah, s'okay folks, I find those things as annoying as you do, I suspect. I'm looking forward to seeing what you guys think as information continues to be released, though (as long as the 'hunting down and killing' is kept to a minimum, you understand. ;)). I respect the opinions of a lot of the people on here and I really do want to hear what people genuinely think of it as time goes on - I've read enough negative commentary on games I've worked on to be pretty thick skinned so please be honest!

But I really can't express enough about how much more there is to say about the game. Even a lot of the things that were discussed with journos in the VIP area at E3 haven't been released yet (I believe there's some sort of embargo on a lot of that information for now).
  • SirScratchalot 15 May 2006 20:35:31 7,877 posts
    Seen 55 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    At least we know that when you drop of the forum the game is in near-release crunch mode.
  • Deleted user 15 May 2006 20:35:46
    Oh, can you make it that I can't walk through leaves? Ta
  • Huntcjna 15 May 2006 20:36:12 13,877 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I honestly have loved everything Free Radical have done especially the criminally underated and undersold Second Sight so this is hugely welcome news for me.
  • Freek 15 May 2006 20:38:25 7,684 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    OH and as far as level design goes: there is no such thing as too much colored lighting.
  • morriss 15 May 2006 20:39:13 71,283 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    WooHoo!!! wrote:
    Its another FPS. Yay if you like them and I do.

Official site with screen & trailer

Looks nice, trailer was shit though. Horribly generic looking & same old stuff. Wait and see how it comes along though.

Wow - Looks class!
  • SirScratchalot 15 May 2006 20:42:01 7,877 posts
    Seen 55 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Huntcjna wrote:
    I honestly have loved everything Free Radical have done especially the criminally underated and undersold Second Sight so this is hugely welcome news for me.

I have that still wrapped in plastic I think. I hear it's good but my one man mission to play every game released has been on standby lately...
  • Huntcjna 15 May 2006 20:43:55 13,877 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Its ace! It has one of the best narratives of the current gen console games too I had to play it to the end just to find out what happened.

Its a joy to play though and was much better than Midway's Psi Ops which I think overshadowed it a bit at the time of release.
  • jozz 15 May 2006 21:12:34 4,871 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Penny Arcade giving the game some good press too I see :)

My favorite stuff
    Haze I cant really talk about this one but I was impressed. I had never even heard of it going into E3 and now Im really looking forward to it.

Edited by jozz at 22:00:38 15-05-2006
  • Deleted user 15 May 2006 21:33:47
    jozz wrote:
    Penny Arcade giving the game some good press too I see :)

Excellent! I've read a few positive previews online so far but they all seem restricted by the press embargo that's on it at the moment. All will be revealed soon!
  • Teeth 15 May 2006 21:49:54 7,987 posts
    Seen 4 years ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I envy you, you know.
  • UncleLou Moderator 15 May 2006 21:53:13 35,800 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Looking good, I like the sarcastic "Starfish Troopers" vibe. :)
  • morriss 15 May 2006 21:54:18 71,283 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    UncleLou wrote:
    Looking good, I like the sarcastic "Starfish Troopers" vibe. :)

Hopefully it 'won't' be on the PC! :p
  • Deleted user 15 May 2006 21:55:49
    Teeth wrote:
    I envy you, you know.

Well, on the plus side, having people saying how great the game is looking is a really nice thing. On the minus side, I've had about one weekend off in the past six weeks or so and after an incredibly busy (and jetlagged!) week at E3, I've had this evening to recover before going back to work.

So yeah, it's all good, but it's bloody hard work!
  • Teeth 15 May 2006 22:04:32 7,987 posts
    Seen 4 years ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    nekotcha wrote:

Well, on the plus side, having people saying how great the game is looking is a really nice thing. On the minus side, I've had about one weekend off in the past six weeks or so and after an incredibly busy (and jetlagged!) week at E3, I've had this evening to recover before going back to work.

Yeah, I can imagine. I just meant, actually working on something that's likely to turn out well. I haven't had the pleasure yet.
  • Deleted user 15 May 2006 22:47:15
    Teeth wrote:
    nekotcha wrote:

Yeah, I can imagine. I just meant, actually working on something that's likely to turn out well. I haven't had the pleasure yet.

Well, you can always get yerself down to the recruitment section of our website. We certainly aren't finished recruiting yet, and there's always space for people who are just damn good at what they do...

Edited by nekotcha at 22:47:50 15-05-2006
  • Xerx3s 15 May 2006 23:00:18 23,944 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Teeth wrote:
    more interesting than gears of war :)

The new 'better than halo?' :\
  • silentbob 15 May 2006 23:26:49 29,025 posts
    Seen 5 days ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    The visuals certainly look clean and solid. What I liked best was the movie trailer embedded in the website. It intrigued me and had a punchy finish.

Not to mention the facial animation of the head honcho in the video, was that filmed realtime and then fiddled with in post or was that motion captured 3D?

Not too sure on the logo though - kinda generic.

/Hides

VR News: www.roadtovr.com -- Follow us on Twitter.

• Page

of 129 First / Last

Previous