The Official Doctor Who Thread Page 326

• Page

of 408 First / Last

• Darth_Flibble 5 May 2013 17:39:53 1,783 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    terrible episode and the kids look like to be utter annoying little shits. As its dr who, no chance of them dying a horrible end. Next week's looks much better but them little brats will shit all over it
  • HelloNo 5 May 2013 18:48:57 1,285 posts
    Seen 13 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I rather enjoyed that one. Not perfect but nice all round.

Next week looks rather good with all the cybermen. Who's betting we get another dalek episode this season too?
  • MatMan562 5 May 2013 19:48:12 2,615 posts
    Seen 31 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    TarickStonefire wrote about Clara:
    But then I wonder if that's because it's part of the story we don't know about her. I think she's a lot like the Doctor, more than any other assistant has been.
    I've been thinking this as well. The scene that really stuck out to me was the flashing red light by a door in the Tardis. The way she said "Possibly under no circumstances open this door" and then, upon opening the door, "Bad decision!" was very Doctor-esque. I think it's unllikely that's the direction they're taking the story but I think she would make a good Doctor and it would be a good way of avoiding any doubts other whether a woman could play the Doctor.

I wasn't too fond of this latest episode, it was alright just a bit... silly. Next weeks looks like it should be good but, like most people on here, I'm worried that the kids will let it down. After that there's only one more left as well I believe.

XBL/ PSN/ Steam/ NNID - MatMan562

• RobTheBuilder 5 May 2013 19:53:27 6,521 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    It reminds me of the bad wolf thing of someone being scattered throughout time and space.

You'd expect the tardis' relationship with her has some importance going forward
  • mal 5 May 2013 19:55:49 22,843 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    @Kanjin

Not me. The next episode is the season finale, and based on what's already been publicly said about it, we won't be seeing old enemies in it.

Edited by mal at 19:56:15 05-05-2013

Cubby didn't know how to turn off sigs!

• TarickStonefire 5 May 2013 20:29:16 3,463 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    themanfromdelmonte wrote:
    @TarickStonefire

Time can be rewritten. The Doctor and Clara were rewritten into that portion of the time-line hence the photos can into existance as causality was altered.

Lord knows how earth survived the Cold War episode in the causality where The Doctor and Clara weren't present. When The Doctor precipitates the events, it's an easy square to circle. But the Ice Warrior would have clearly still been defrosted without them there.
    I have no idea what you just said ;)

Any Netflix library in the world for a couple of quid a month? Gimme!

• RobTheBuilder 5 May 2013 20:32:37 6,521 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    @mal It's not the finale? I thought there were 12 episodes this series.
  • mal 5 May 2013 20:36:50 22,843 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    14 episodes by my count. But the first six were shown late last year. The last Christmas special was apparently episode 6, so we've got two more episodes to go - the Gaiman/Cybermen/annoying schoolkids one and the finale.

• RobTheBuilder 5 May 2013 20:38:18 6,521 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Ah! I was kind of looking forward to a proper run...!
  • TOOTR 6 May 2013 15:25:54 9,652 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I enjoyed the Tardis episode much more than this one. Lots of geek moments in that one - having a proper run around the tardis and seeing rooms that have been mentioned in previous eps, actually seeing the eye of harmony and getting an explanation for it for example and hearing Susan's voice saying what TARDIS stands for. I thought it was great.

Also liked the way the Dr locked the Eastenders into the Tardis in a bad ass stylee.

This week was a bit meh but as always - had it's moments. Clara is ridiculously attractive and I agree that her lines seem too slickly concocted but she's the best companion (or assistant as the 70's ep reminded us how it used to be) in new Who for me even though it's early doors.

BinaryBob101 wrote:
    The Danger Mouse reboot worries me a great deal.

• TOOTR 6 May 2013 15:26:10 9,652 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    So this is the 50th anniversary year and we've had a 70's themed ep, an 80's themed ep. The tardis Ep had 'Fire Woman' by the Cult which was late late 80's. (Fitting when you think about Future Clara running around as a flame zombie eh? )

I love Doctor Who. But like many shows it's good at building up suspense and a 'WFT' is going on - in fact better than most because it's sci-fi/fantasy and literally almost anything can happen - but once the main reveals are over it's nearly always a pithy anemic climax. Oo er missus.

BinaryBob101 wrote:
    The Danger Mouse reboot worries me a great deal.

• Spong 6 May 2013 15:44:06 525 posts
    Seen 7 months ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Wavey wrote:
    I think I don't really like clara that much.
    I don't like her at all. In fact, she's so fundamentally not-likeable that even the TARDIS has a grudge. She's a smug cow, stumpy, and her face is wonky, her right eye is about a foot higher than her left eye. It's really distracting, like she's only got one arm or something. If it wasn't for the "mystery" behind her character, I'd have stopped watching the show by now like I did when that awful Tate woman was in it.
  • RobTheBuilder 6 May 2013 16:59:55 6,521 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I really don't get the Clara hate at all. Sure she's a bit cocky, but there's clearly an element of fear there on top of the mystery over who she is.

There's no pleasing some people :)
  • Scimarad 6 May 2013 20:31:49 8,638 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    I like this version far more than the cor blimey Mary Poppins version in the Christmas episode.
  • DFawkes 6 May 2013 20:36:33 24,098 posts
    Seen 17 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Spong wrote:
    ...her right eye is about a foot higher than her left eye.
    I was going to disagree, so checked a picture (as you do). I now can't unsee this! I didn't think she's all that bad, but now all I see is her weird picasso eye placement.

Don't get me wrong, I still would.

Edited by DFawkes at 20:37:10 06-05-2013

Oh for goodness sake, I've caught my scrotum in my zip again - Margaret Thatcher, 1986

• Whizzo 6 May 2013 21:24:18 43,372 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    There's nothing wrong with her eyes, it's just bloody rare for her to have a shot where she's not tilting her head.

This space left intentionally blank.

• DFawkes 6 May 2013 21:50:10 24,098 posts
    Seen 17 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Of course this is the Internet so I'm exaggerating the extent, but one eye is definitely slightly higher. I don't think it's necessarily the eye itself though, I think her eyelids are just causing an optical illusion.

Oh for goodness sake, I've caught my scrotum in my zip again - Margaret Thatcher, 1986

• RobTheBuilder 6 May 2013 21:54:42 6,521 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Still the hottest assistant since the show came back.
  • HelloNo 6 May 2013 22:20:00 1,285 posts
    Seen 13 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Donna is my preferred one. Mostly because she got some funny lines, some good character development and had a really snarky relationship with the Doctor - none of this unrequited love situation.
  • mal 6 May 2013 22:54:41 22,843 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    How very dare you!

• hshaidar 7 May 2013 01:46:59 9 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    always see this other forums, who the fuck is Doctor Who? haha
  • Spong 7 May 2013 02:47:46 525 posts
    Seen 7 months ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    DFawkes wrote:
    Don't get me wrong, I still would.
    So would I, but only if I could put a bag over her head first.
    During The Rings of Akhaten, her eye thing was so noticeable that I started thinking she'd been replaced by Sloth from The Goonies.
  • spindizzy 7 May 2013 15:37:58 6,616 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Kanjin wrote:
    Donna is my preferred one. Mostly because she got some funny lines, some good character development and had a really snarky relationship with the Doctor - none of this unrequited love situation.
    BURN THE WITCH! Seriously, is this a windup? I couldn't watch Donna. She was awful. Utterly, utterly awful.

I get the Clara-hate, but I'm basically fine with her - her being scared a few times has made it all a bit better.

Also not looking forward to the kids.
  • HoriZon 7 May 2013 16:37:09 13,601 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    At least they have a new look so Cybermen of this verse.

Last time they were on.

I used to be a gamer like you, then I took an arrow in the knee.

• Blerk Moderator 7 May 2013 16:41:54 48,225 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Is it just me or do the new Cybermen look a bit pot-bellied? Like they've spent the last ten years on the couch eating pies?
  • CharlieStCloud 7 May 2013 16:45:08 5,530 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    AAARRRGGGHHH!

LOOK AT THEM!

LLLOOOOOOKKK AAATTT TTTHHHEEEMMM!!!

... HER EYES!

OH MY GOD.

HHHEEERRR EEEYYYEEESSS!!!
  • IMO 7 May 2013 17:03:41 5,749 posts
    Seen 52 seconds ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I'd probably be too busy to notice to be fair.
  • DanB24 7 May 2013 17:09:49 2,383 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    HoriZon wrote:
    At least they have a new look so Cybermen of this verse.

Last time they were on.

I really do hope that they really are proper Mondas Cybermen and not the lame parallel universe ones.

CharlieStCloud wrote:
    AAARRRGGGHHH!

LOOK AT THEM!

LLLOOOOOOKKK AAATTT TTTHHHEEEMMM!!!

... HER EYES!

OH MY GOD.

HHHEEERRR EEEYYYEEESSS!!!
    I can't un notice that now!
    It does explain why she permanently has her head tilted though.
  • nickthegun 7 May 2013 17:13:45 61,348 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Its like when i noticed that one of Lois Lanes (teri hatcher) nostrils was bigger than the other. You cant undo that.

Also, its good to see that the nation collectively groaned in disgust the second it became obvious that the kids were going to be tagging along next week.

---------------------------------------------------------
    My man gives real loving that's why I call him Killer
    He's not a wham-bam-thank-you-ma'am, he's a thriller

• RobTheBuilder 7 May 2013 17:39:12 6,521 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    nickthegun wrote:
    Also, its good to see that the nation collectively groaned in disgust the second it became obvious that the kids were going to be tagging along next week.
    And how...
  • Page

of 408 First / Last