McDonalds Monopoly Page 3

  • Page

    of 8 First / Last

  • sanorift 11 Apr 2008 14:55:37 4 posts
    Seen 7 years ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    You actually eat that shit?
  • ecureuil 14 Apr 2008 13:48:28 76,806 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    The entire thing is a scam, I can't believe so many people on EG have fallen for it. You'd be better off playing scratch cards.
  • FWB 14 Apr 2008 13:53:11 44,564 posts
    Seen 2 seconds ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    I got Bond Street on Sat but chucked.
  • bevallen82 14 Apr 2008 15:50:22 1 posts
    Seen 7 years ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I need....
    Euston (Light Blue)
    Mayfair (Dark Blue)
    Coventry (Yellow)
    Marlborough (Orange)
    Kings Cross
    Liverpool Street

    I have to swap...
    Leicester Square (Yellow)
    The Angel Islington (Light Blue)
    Park Lane (dark Blue)
    Fenchurch St

    let me know if your interested
  • ecureuil 14 Apr 2008 16:08:18 76,806 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I have a non-winning lottery ticket. Does anyone want to swap it for a winning one?
  • pjmaybe 14 Apr 2008 16:08:49 70,676 posts
    Seen 5 years ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    I'll go halves.
  • deem 22 Apr 2008 15:05:06 31,641 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    bevallen82 wrote:
    I need....
    Euston (Light Blue)
    Mayfair (Dark Blue)
    Coventry (Yellow)
    Marlborough (Orange)
    Kings Cross
    Liverpool Street

    I have to swap...
    Leicester Square (Yellow)
    The Angel Islington (Light Blue)
    Park Lane (dark Blue)
    Fenchurch St

    let me know if your interested[/quote


    ]i have kings cross.
  • Huntcjna 22 Apr 2008 15:09:03 13,876 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    This thread has been the bain of my existence I get messages everday from som random guy asking me to give him mayfair and go 50/50.

    Oh how the comedy has backfired. :(
  • Deleted user 22 April 2008 15:13:46
    There's not much point in swapping any of the non-rare ones. Seeing as, in the entire print run of tokens, there's about 300 actual winners. It's in effect no difference to any other prize-draw, the only difference being people perceive themselves as being in with more of a chance because they have three stations. The fact that there's only 25 Liverpool Street tokens in circulation doesn't seem to matter.
  • deem 22 Apr 2008 15:21:26 31,641 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Gremmi wrote:
    There's not much point in swapping any of the non-rare ones. Seeing as, in the entire print run of tokens, there's about 300 actual winners. It's in effect no difference to any other prize-draw, the only difference being people perceive themselves as being in with more of a chance because they have three stations. The fact that there's only 25 Liverpool Street tokens in circulation doesn't seem to matter.

    This post doesnt make any sense at all.
    The point of swapping is to complete a set. If someone needs 1 station to complete the set and they get it through swapping, then they win.

    How can that be pointless?

    Or am i missing something?
  • Deleted user 22 April 2008 15:25:45
    deem wrote:
    Or am i missing something?

    Station token circulation:

    Fenchurch - 10,000
    Marylebone - 10,000
    Kings Cross - 10,000
    Liverpool Street - 25

    There's zero point swapping any of the non-rare ones unless you already have Liverpool Street.

    In the same way, there's tens of thousands of Park Lane, but only one single Mayfair token.
  • catterz 22 Apr 2008 15:42:36 8,763 posts
    Seen 10 months ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Gremmi wrote:
    In the same way, there's tens of thousands of Park Lane, but only one single Mayfair token.
    And it's probably been thrown away.

    Still stalking this place, old-school style (UID: 1053)

  • gang_of_bitches 22 Apr 2008 15:44:52 5,522 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    catterz wrote:
    Gremmi wrote:
    In the same way, there's tens of thousands of Park Lane, but only one single Mayfair token.
    And it's probably been thrown away.

    Not with all the kids hanging around hassling you for your tickets the second you sit down it won't.
  • catterz 22 Apr 2008 15:52:19 8,763 posts
    Seen 10 months ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Funny that. A family of middle-eastern shit-scrapers came wondering in to McDonalds last time I was in there and went around every table taking people's empty drink cups and chip packets right in front of them.

    One came up to me and I looked at them with a face that can only be described as a 'What-the-fuck-are-you-doing?' face as they lifted my half-full chip packet off of my tray. Clearly so focused on finding a Mayfair tile they forgot to notice the guy twice their size they were stealing from. He put the packet down quite sharpish when I stood up.

    Wankers.

    Still stalking this place, old-school style (UID: 1053)

  • Deleted user 22 April 2008 15:52:34
    gang_of_bitches wrote:
    catterz wrote:
    Gremmi wrote:
    In the same way, there's tens of thousands of Park Lane, but only one single Mayfair token.
    And it's probably been thrown away.

    Not with all the kids hanging around hassling you for your tickets the second you sit down it won't.

    I actually had a chav tap on my window as I was still waiting for my meal in a drive-by carpark. He didn't really ask for the tokens so much, he just said "If you're not playing the game I want them".
  • kincaide 22 Apr 2008 16:07:19 5,067 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Huntcjna wrote:
    This thread has been the bain of my existence I get messages everday from som random guy asking me to give him mayfair and go 50/50.

    Oh how the comedy has backfired. :(

    /feels smug
  • deem 22 Apr 2008 16:09:54 31,641 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Gremmi wrote:
    deem wrote:
    Or am i missing something?

    Station token circulation:

    Fenchurch - 10,000
    Marylebone - 10,000
    Kings Cross - 10,000
    Liverpool Street - 25

    There's zero point swapping any of the non-rare ones unless you already have Liverpool Street.

    In the same way, there's tens of thousands of Park Lane, but only one single Mayfair token.

    I think you are missing the point of this thread.

  • Deleted user 22 April 2008 16:43:25
    deem wrote:
    Gremmi wrote:
    deem wrote:
    Or am i missing something?

    Station token circulation:

    Fenchurch - 10,000
    Marylebone - 10,000
    Kings Cross - 10,000
    Liverpool Street - 25

    There's zero point swapping any of the non-rare ones unless you already have Liverpool Street.

    In the same way, there's tens of thousands of Park Lane, but only one single Mayfair token.

    I think you are missing the point of this thread.


    Seeing as absolutely no-one in this thread legitimately have any of the rare tokens, I think you're missing my point.

    If you happen to come across Mayfair you wouldn't find someone who had Park Lane and split the winnings, you'd go to McDonalds and buy 20 quids worth of meals and pick up one of the stupidly-easy-to-obtain Park Lanes for yourself, saving you 249,980.
  • Deleted user 22 April 2008 16:54:10
    Look, I'll explain it in simple layman's terms.

    Say they had a contest where they put 200,000 red balls and five white balls into a sack, and you paid a fiver to draw two which you could keep and store.

    If, to collect the first prize, you had to collect three red balls and one white ball, if you drew a white and a red, you wouldn't run around to everyone saying you'll split the prize with them if they give you their red balls.

    Likewise, if you draw two reds, you wouldn't swap them for two other reds.


    If you take this scenario and overlay it onto the McDonald's game, all non-rare stations are red balls. They're worthless, utterly worthless, without that elusive white ball. They're also extremely easy to obtain by themselves.

    Swapping these easy-to-obtain, worthless tokens around is futile.
  • UncleLou Moderator 22 Apr 2008 16:55:56 35,553 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    He's right.
  • Deleted user 22 April 2008 17:08:42
    Rooney wrote:
    It's true but I don't think it needed to be asid gremmi

    The continued existence of this thread seems to indicate otherwise.
  • Deleted user 22 April 2008 17:16:39
    I have a 2 if you spend over 18 at HMV voucher, if that counts.
  • Page

    of 8 First / Last

Log in or register to reply