LOVEFiLM - an utterly shit online renting experience? Page 5

• Page

of 7 First / Last

• Deleted user 29 September 2009 21:08:26
    Psychotext wrote:
    How about miserable cnut?
    No, because the intention is still the same. Don't you fucking morons get it? I'm a cheerful person and very warm and attentive in real life. I'm also very friendly on here and rarely unpleasantly negative. Just because you humourless pious pricks don't get me I have to suffer. Wankers.

And ODST is boring.
  • Deleted user 29 September 2009 21:08:54
    (jk)

(not the bit about ODST, that's true)
  • Deleted user 29 September 2009 21:10:18
    MrED209 wrote:
    Pirotic wrote:
    I'd need to hear Owen-B ask for it to be renamed before I could do it, unless one of you puts on a really good impression.
    I don't think it would really fit with my first rage and bile filled post because they really pissed me off but to be hones tthey're not that bad so yeah, go ahead and change it for the greater good.

:)

Now don't ever say I'm a miserable cunt again please.
    In case it was missed at the bottom of the last page...
  • Psychotext 29 Sep 2009 21:11:08 54,164 posts
    Seen 43 seconds ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    MrED209 wrote:
    Psychotext wrote:
    No, because the intention is still the same. Don't you fucking morons get it? I'm a cheerful person and very warm and attentive in real life. I'm also very friendly on here and rarely unpleasantly negative. Just because you humourless pious pricks don't get me I have to suffer. Wankers.
    :D
  • Vice.Destroyer 29 Sep 2009 21:19:32 5,832 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Psychotext wrote:
    MrED209 wrote:
    Psychotext wrote:
    :D

Post of the Day.

I have to confess, I guffawed.
  • Deleted user 29 September 2009 23:59:51
    Royal Mail ate my Lovefilm.
  • Deleted user 30 September 2009 00:06:18
    Royal Mail ate my herbal sleeping remedy pills and my vitamin supplement pills that my mum sent me to try a few months ago and last year. Funny how they went missing and stuff with big company branding on it doesn't. Royal Mail sorting office workers: thieving scum.
  • Psychotext 30 Sep 2009 00:10:34 54,164 posts
    Seen 43 seconds ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    You'll know when your postie snores his way to your door.
  • Deleted user 30 September 2009 00:11:31
    I have enough trouble with the postie that lives above me...
  • urban 10 Nov 2009 16:51:46 10,945 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    just thought i'd post another bitta love for lovefilm, they got call of duty modern warfare 2 to me on day of release as a rental customer, they mailed it yesterday night and it arrived today.

worth every penny (of 3 month free trial)
  • Deleted user 10 November 2009 23:24:57
    More love for lovefilm from me to. Because the royal mail disruptions they have given 5 extra rentals that I can use anytime I want. Lovefilm is the greatest.
  • woodnotes 12 Nov 2009 22:10:30 4,924 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    iHAZaCHEEZ3burger wrote:
    More love for lovefilm from me to. Because the royal mail disruptions they have given 5 extra rentals that I can use anytime I want. Lovefilm is the greatest.
    Only, they're not. You can't rent any new Universal Pictures movies from them any more. No Bruno. No Public Enemies.
  • Pac-man-ate-my-wife 12 Nov 2009 22:53:14 7,010 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    That's not the exact truth: http://www.eurogamer.net/forum_thread_posts.php?thread_id=166683
  • woodnotes 12 Nov 2009 23:28:56 4,924 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Pac-man ate my wife wrote:
    That's not the exact truth: http://www.eurogamer.net/forum_thread_posts.php?thread_id=166683
    No, it is.

I've since contacted them directly and until they make up with Universal again they won't be renting out any new releases from them. They offered me a free 'Film Extra' credit to make up for it. Erm, sorry LoveFilm, it doesn't.

You can't even reserve them.
  • Deleted user 12 November 2009 23:37:43
    I still love lovefilm, they're the bestest.
  • famous_roy 4 Nov 2010 13:25:07 4,102 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    What the HELL. Two Blu Rays (the fall and shutter island) were supposed to arrive by now. 8 days later, nothing.

So I go on Love Film's site and declare them missing and they say I'll get an email sorting it. Then I get this..

We are very sorry that your disc never arrived.

Here's what we will do:

* Send another disc from your list as soon as possible
    * Put Fall, The - Blu-ray back onto your list
    * Mark the original disc as missing
    * Advise Royal Mail of the missing disc

Royal Mail will contact you with a P91 form to confirm the loss, which should arrive by 22/01/2011.

Here's what you need to do:

1. Complete the P91 form within 10 days of receipt, and return to Royal Mail
    2. Contact our Recovery Department if you do not receive the P91 form by 22/01/2011.
    3. Contact our Recovery Department if anything prevents you from completing the P91 form.

Please note that if Royal Mail do NOT receive the complete P91 form, a 10.00 charge may be added to your account so we can replace the missing disc.

Your prompt action is greatly appreciated as this helps us to recover our costs from Royal Mail.

So what they're saying is, due the their or Royal Mail's incompetency, I have to fill in some form AND pay a 10 fine if I don't, because of their fuck up. Also, the form will arrive next year at the latest? WHAT!?

EYARRRRGHHHH!!!!!

/monitor smash

I'm papercaves on the Twitter. This is mah Tumblr and I'm ulysseys31 on PSN :D

• AccidentProne 4 Nov 2010 13:33:12 1,162 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Went through this a lot a while back. I'd receive only about half the discs they sent out, due to some thieving scumbag from Royal Mail somewhere.

The forms aren't a hassle to fill out, think it's basically a case of signing it to say you never got the disc. They never charged me either. They did however ban me from using their service anymore and blacklist the postcode as so many discs went undelievered in the area.
  • Psychotext 4 Nov 2010 13:33:29 54,164 posts
    Seen 43 seconds ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I've had to do that twice, it's no biggy.

This thread has also reminded me that I've had my last set of disks for about 6 weeks. Oops.
  • CosmicFuzz 4 Nov 2010 13:35:45 24,231 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    That's funny, I've mailed back discs a couple of times that haven't arrived after a good week or so, and I've declared them missing. They just say fine and send out my next film. Maybe different if you're receiving rather than sending?

Our month-long focus on indie games starts with my look at the PS4's best game (still): Resogun!

• CosmicFuzz 4 Nov 2010 13:36:30 24,231 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    AccidentProne wrote:
    They did however ban me from using their service anymore and blacklist the postcode as so many discs went undelievered in the area.

Holy shit! That sucks dude.

Our month-long focus on indie games starts with my look at the PS4's best game (still): Resogun!

• famous_roy 4 Nov 2010 13:39:39 4,102 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    CosmicFuzz wrote:
    AccidentProne wrote:
    They did however ban me from using their service anymore and blacklist the postcode as so many discs went undelievered in the area.

Holy shit! That sucks dude.

0_o But what about all teh gamez I want to rent for a couple days. GoW3 and Heavy rain wouldn't have been buys for me, but they were perfect rentals.

That would suck on galactic levels, worried-hat on.

I'm papercaves on the Twitter. This is mah Tumblr and I'm ulysseys31 on PSN :D

• AccidentProne 4 Nov 2010 13:39:45 1,162 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Yup, and Royal Mail were bloody useless too, when it was pretty obvious that it was the postie nicking them. Same goes for ordering cds, games etc, have to get everything delivered to work now.
  • TenMinJoe 5 Nov 2010 09:15:56 74 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I lost a few parcels a while back, and then one day the police got in touch with me and said they'd found a parcel addressed to me (containing Mass Effect!), when they'd raided some thieving postie's flat. They came and took a written statement off me and everything. Haven't lost any parcels since then so I assume he lost his job at the very least.

Not exactly master-criminal material, nicking parcels and then leaving them lying around your flat still packaged up.
  • CosmicFuzz 5 Nov 2010 09:18:38 24,231 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Royal Mail scum!!!!!

• AccidentProne 5 Nov 2010 09:28:52 1,162 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I did actually get a visit from a Royal Mail representative at one point. Their solution was to send a number of tracked packages to my address to see if they could see where they were going missing. Apparently this required me to be at home every day around the time mail gets delivered (11am ish), so I could call them as soon as it turned up (or didn't). I told them there was no way I could do that because of work, so they just left it at that.
  • Syrette 5 Nov 2010 10:42:44 43,433 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Stupidly I sent them 2 discs on Wednesday, assumed they'd receive them yesterday and immediately send me another 2 discs that I'd receive today.

On my day off.

/am cry

• CosmicFuzz 5 Nov 2010 10:46:15 24,231 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Hehe, oh dear. I hate when a game doesn't arrive when you hoped it would.

In other news, I've had Resonance of Fate from them for about 3 weeks now, if I don't finish it soon I'm going to start losing money on this! :D

• Page

of 7 First / Last