Ebay advice/help Page 2

• Page

of 2 First / Last

Next
  • Hunam85 28 Jan 2006 12:34:28 4,114 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Ebay takes a little time to get used to really, i think all of us have been in a situation like this, but once you get used to it you can spot a messer from a mile off.

And my second point, never buy anything with a stock photo, if its not a digicam shot, there really is no point.

Edited by Hunam85 at 12:35:17 28-01-2006
  • Deleted user 28 January 2006 12:49:22
    I thought it was ebay policy to only allow photos of the actual goods, instead of catalogue images.
  • caligari 28 Jan 2006 12:51:14 17,057 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Ouch. That's quite expensive.
    I think even the high street stores such as Game have better deals on new Gamecubes.
    Errr...although saying that doesn't really help this situation.

Perhaps you should simply ask the guy for a full refund (including postage both ways) or threaten him with negative feedback and Pay Pal disputes.
  • Deleted user 28 January 2006 12:55:04
    Coupled with the Zelda Collector's Edition, it's not too bad (although it appears he got Master Quest confused with Ocarina of Time, claiming that OoT wasn't on the compilation. I've got both the bonus WW disc and Collector's Edition, and they both have OoT on, but CE doesn't have Master Quest).

Either way, neutral feedback recommended, for taking so long and not being descriptive enough about items.
  • Deleted user 28 January 2006 12:56:50
    Oh, and I've just won a copy of Monkey Island 2 boxed, the boxshot on the auction is of the original release, the actual version received is the Kixx re-release. Not massively bothered about it as I won it quite cheap, but now I'm determined to hunt the original box down too.

Old PC Games are my hobby. :D
  • IJ 28 Jan 2006 13:02:46 831 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Well I always knew it wasn't a bargin, but it is a resonable price. Wish i had got the GC in a local shop and got the games off Ebay, would come to the same price but would have been easier!

I also didnt realise the Collectors edition came actually IN the Mari Kart box, I was hoping to see the collectors edition and get Wind Waker limited edition (they both sell for the same price on Ebay so would have basically been a straight swap). Cant do that now but hey, lost a few pounds and learnt a great deal so :/

IJ
  • mr_steve100 28 Jan 2006 13:20:21 1,238 posts
    Seen 6 days ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Glad to hear you managed to get your item from that eBayer. I'll make a note not to use that guy.

And that's not too bad a price for the GC and games, but I'm sure you'll care less when you start getting into the games that you've missed out on.

Have fun.
  • ram 26 Oct 2012 12:08:48 3,481 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I sold a very good condition Logitech Squeezebox Touch a couple of weeks ago for 160 on ebay.

The buyer received it and complained the screen was scratched and not what he was expecting. I said sorry and offered a refund which I'd pay once it was returned.

Picked it up today and the screen is pretty bad and worse than that it no longer powers up.

I packaged it up so well, inside it's original box, and then inside another box full of bubblewrap, it's hard to believe it got damaged.

He returned it Special Delivery so am I covered? What you lot reckon I should do?
  • mrpon 26 Oct 2012 12:47:25 28,921 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    He swapped it.

Give yourself 5 or gig, you're worth it.

• specialgamer 26 Oct 2012 12:55:37 128 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Compare the serial number of your old one with the one he returned.
  • ram 26 Oct 2012 13:03:34 3,481 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Didn't keep a record of the serial number unfortunately
  • Dougs 26 Oct 2012 13:31:25 67,739 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Yep, you've been done.
  • ram 26 Oct 2012 20:43:24 3,481 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    So I think the guy has dropped it when opening it and broken it. Because there is no way the scratches that are on the screen could have happened in the box. Have I got any leg to stand on or am I doooooomed?
  • Dougs 26 Oct 2012 22:01:17 67,739 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    You've still got his cash right? Your word against us,will be up to him whether he pursues it through EBay etc. doubt you'll sell anything again in a hurry though!
  • MadCaddy13 26 Oct 2012 22:07:28 1,927 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    You've got to cover every base when you sell things these days. Record your serial number, take photos of how it's packaged etc. and above all else - recorded delivery AT ALL TIMES!
  • ram 6 Nov 2012 10:07:18 3,481 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    The continuing saga of the broken Squeezebox..

I let the bloke know I thought he was pulling a fast one. He denied it of course and he also thought I was lying about it being broken. Even though he stated he hadn't attempted to turn it on when he had it. He reckoned the power adaptor had broke, how would he know?

He opened a case in ebay, so I told him about all the evidence I had. photos of the unit working with date imbedded in them, photos of the boxes, photos of the inside of the box showing there was no way the scratches could have been caused during postage.

He then said he accept a part refund (GUILTY), totally fed up I replied saying this was not an admission of guilt but I would offer him a 20 refund and send it back. He accepted (GUILTY). So I returned it.

The fuck then left me negative feedback and is now selling a working Squeezebox on ebay...

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/121011685678?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

It's hard to tell if it's mine because it's a shit photo but I can't see any scratches. If any one could email from ebay asking for a picture with the screen off, so I can compare, that would be very interesting.

It doesn't look like mine...

I've sent a complaint to ebay about him and hopefully they'll remove my negative feedback. I had 950 100% positive until now.

Edited by ram at 10:09:58 06-11-2012

Edited by ram at 10:11:12 06-11-2012
  • mrpon 6 Nov 2012 10:31:35 28,921 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Some sideways help. I've got a similar product with my Sonos system. I can log into my account on the Sonos website and there is a Products page detailing all my registered products complete with serial numbers, registered date etc..

Anything similar? Too late??

• mrpon 6 Nov 2012 10:35:16 28,921 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Oh and I'd say it does look like yours. Look at his photo enlarged, just to the right of 39 is what looks like an upside Y. Very similar to yours if you ask me.

• danathjo 6 Nov 2012 10:38:16 7,385 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    So tempted to bidding on it and doing it to him...
  • ram 6 Nov 2012 11:03:32 3,481 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    mrpon wrote:
    Oh and I'd say it does look like yours. Look at his photo enlarged, just to the right of 39 is what looks like an upside Y. Very similar to yours if you ask me.
    yeah you're right it does look like mine.

Wtf is going on. It definitely didn't work when he returned it. I had it for 2 years so I know how to turn one on. They boot up when you plug it in.

Maybe he sent me his duff power adaptor?
  • ram 6 Nov 2012 11:05:06 3,481 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    danathjo wrote:
    So tempted to bidding on it and doing it to him...
    hehe, so I am, with another ebay account. I should really take the moral high ground though...

shouldn't

should

shouldn't
  • Page

of 2 First / Last

Next