Fable 2 Page 4

  • Page

    of 262 First / Last

  • Xerx3s 24 May 2007 17:12:48 23,944 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Ahab wrote:
    haowan wrote:
    They should get a better writer as well.

    Hehe, yeah, but that's true of most videogame projects I guess.

    I am yet to see a well written game.
  • Lutz 24 May 2007 17:15:00 48,854 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Xerx3s wrote:
    I have yet to see a well written game.
    Oh the irony... ;)

    Fixed. :)


  • Xerx3s 24 May 2007 18:08:28 23,944 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Lutz wrote:
    Xerx3s wrote:
    I have yet to see a well written game.
    Oh the irony... ;)

    Fixed. :)



    You f00l! My l33tnes is so beyond you that you couldn't possibly begin to understand the complexity of my writings.

  • Deleted user 25 May 2007 02:22:02
    biscuits anyone?
  • Pike 25 May 2007 08:23:11 13,448 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Xerx3s wrote:
    Ahab wrote:
    haowan wrote:
    They should get a better writer as well.

    Hehe, yeah, but that's true of most videogame projects I guess.

    I am yet to see a well written game.

    Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines?

    As for Fable, it looks promising enough.

    Edited by Pike at 08:23:24 25-05-2007
  • Xerx3s 25 May 2007 09:48:13 23,944 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Pike wrote:
    Xerx3s wrote:
    Ahab wrote:
    haowan wrote:
    They should get a better writer as well.

    Hehe, yeah, but that's true of most videogame projects I guess.

    I am yet to see a well written game.

    Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines?

    As for Fable, it looks promising enough.

    Edited by Pike at 08:23:24 25-05-2007

    Childsplay compared to other media formats.
  • Xerx3s 13 Jul 2007 12:30:41 23,944 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    New gameplay stuff but it's slow as hell. Does anyone have any better material?
  • Mr-Brett 8 Aug 2007 15:07:27 12,723 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I fancied a new wallpaper so I made a Fable 2 one, if anyone wants it here's the link: http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/61759915/

    Edit: re-hosted

    Portable view - Never forget.

  • Xerx3s 8 Oct 2007 21:54:38 23,944 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    new dev thingy
  • w00t 15 Oct 2007 17:17:20 11,047 posts
    Seen 24 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Xerx3s wrote:
    Pike wrote:
    Xerx3s wrote:
    Ahab wrote:
    haowan wrote:
    They should get a better writer as well.

    Hehe, yeah, but that's true of most videogame projects I guess.

    I am yet to see a well written game.

    Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines?

    As for Fable, it looks promising enough.

    Edited by Pike at 08:23:24 25-05-2007

    Childsplay compared to other media formats.
    Tried Planescape Torment? It's sure as fuck better writing than most of the stuff on TV.

    The day charity died - NEVER FORGET

    (the mic was OK in the end)

  • Hunam 15 Oct 2007 17:18:16 20,674 posts
    Seen 17 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Better writing than most books too, same amount as text aswell.
  • Xerx3s 15 Oct 2007 17:49:05 23,944 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Inquisitor wrote:
    They strike me as having more of an atmosphere of a Japanese development team than your typical western dev.

    By that I mean they seem to be quite happy to put some time over to 'blue sky thinking' as they put it, experimentation with a purpose but not necessarily with any aim to being put in a game.

    A great example is that fantastic portal type thing they showed off one year.

    This is lionhead after all. They made 'the room' just to toy around with new technology. If they would ever release it as a game, they could give portal a good run for it's money.
  • Xerx3s 15 Oct 2007 17:51:15 23,944 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    w00t wrote:
    Xerx3s wrote:
    Pike wrote:
    Xerx3s wrote:
    Ahab wrote:
    haowan wrote:
    They should get a better writer as well.

    Hehe, yeah, but that's true of most videogame projects I guess.

    I am yet to see a well written game.

    Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines?

    As for Fable, it looks promising enough.

    Edited by Pike at 08:23:24 25-05-2007

    Childsplay compared to other media formats.
    Tried Planescape Torment? It's sure as fuck better writing than most of the stuff on TV.

    TV lol. Yes, I'm a pc gamer and played PT. Doesn't change a thing. Still very crude compared to what films and books have done.
  • Deleted user 15 October 2007 17:55:41
    PS:T is well written -for a game-.

    It falls down quite dramatically when you compare it to virtually anything outside the medium to the level of "distinctly average". To quote myself from a previous discussion about this elsewhere, "The game itself is good. The writing is (in most places) better than it usually is in games. This, however, is not cause to champion the writing in it. That's like hanging a crayon drawing in the Louvre just because it looks slightly better than all the other ones that survived playgroup without having apple juice poured all over it"

    There's an excellent Kieron Gillen article about that in a PC Gamer somewhere, incidentally.
  • TipTop 28 Dec 2007 14:55:03 737 posts
    Seen 5 days ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    ... and it's out on the 30th of May according to Amazon.

    Amazon Link

    If thats right I claim my £5.

    8/10. Better than ...

  • phAge 28 Dec 2007 14:56:08 24,336 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Xerx3s wrote:
    TV lol. Yes, I'm a pc gamer and played PT. Doesn't change a thing. Still very crude compared to what films and books have done.
    TV and books are shit, since you can't interact with them.
  • Pike 28 Dec 2007 15:09:36 13,448 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    phAge wrote:
    Xerx3s wrote:
    TV lol. Yes, I'm a pc gamer and played PT. Doesn't change a thing. Still very crude compared to what films and books have done.
    TV and books are shit, since you can't interact with them.

    Well, while hyperbole I kind of agree.

    Also, compared with most TV and movie writing VtM:B is well ahead. It isn't up there with the creaam of the crop, such as Sopranos and The Wire, but games will get there eventually.
  • phAge 28 Dec 2007 15:13:49 24,336 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    It will be pretty much impossible to create a game-story/plot that is as good as that of the very best of movies and books - because games are interactive, whereas books and movies are not.

    How good would Citizen Kane have been, if you got to decide when the identity of 'Rosebud' was revealed, and whether or not Kane ended up a bitter, defeated old man, or lived happily for 30 more years? Not very, I'd wager - just like a game wouldn't be very interesting if you had ZERO choice over how and when events unfolded.

    We have movies and books for that, eh?
  • Deleted user 29 January 2008 14:44:56
    is there any new news. i've seen all the vid's available and just wondered when's it due?
  • TechnoHippy 29 Jan 2008 14:46:52 14,698 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Q4 was the last I heard.

    My books, contests, reviews and author interviews on my blog

  • Deleted user 30 January 2008 09:35:14
    awww, i really want fable 2.
  • Psychotext 20 Feb 2008 20:06:02 53,808 posts
    Seen 29 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Holy shit... this looks much better than I expected:

    http://www.gametrailers.com/player/30760.html
    http://www.gametrailers.com/player/30763.html
    http://www.gametrailers.com/player/30765.html
  • johnlenham 20 Feb 2008 20:28:27 4,000 posts
    Seen 9 months ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Sounds amazing andlooks quality :o!
  • Xerx3s 20 Feb 2008 20:31:12 23,944 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    They are also available in HD but I'd recommend downloading them instead of streaming. There is a gow2 thing as well and lots of new too human stuff. \0/
  • Xerx3s 20 Feb 2008 20:32:19 23,944 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Anyway. Fable 2. Coop. Utter bliss.
  • Psychotext 20 Feb 2008 20:37:06 53,808 posts
    Seen 29 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Another game that's gone from "meh" to "holy shit when gimme!"

    I wish I could see something about NG2 or GTA4 that makes me feel that way now.
  • Danoxth 20 Feb 2008 20:44:28 286 posts
    Seen 5 years ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Co Op? Yes please!

    Game looks gorgeous as well, don't mess it up Peter!

    Can you choose your breed of dog?
  • weeno 20 Feb 2008 20:44:41 721 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Seamless world, instant co-op, and husband murdering...looks great!

    I really enjoyed the first Fable, and this looks to improve upon it in every way. Can't wait.
  • Page

    of 262 First / Last

Log in or register to reply