Fable 2 Page 262

• Page

of 262 First / Last

Next
  • LionheartDJH 26 Mar 2011 15:01:46 19,295 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Yeah I've done pretty much all the ones that have come up so far ronuds. I'm over halfway through now, finished the Spire quest last night, which was really fun. I liked the whole sacrificing experience points for doing the good thing angle, as too often in these kinds of moral choice games there are few penalties for taking the 'right' course of action. I'm at the high end of the good and pure scales now, so got that blue marking on my face and my hair has turned blonde :/. Used that money from the Westcliffe development to finally buy a nice house in Old Town, and got married to one of the villagers from there (not before copping off with someone's wife though, hey after 10 years guarding a prison even the best of heroes have needs :p). I used the wiki to find out how to get that Rising Sun weapon from the Temple of Light too, so that looks pretty awesome. All decked out in the noble gent's clothes now, so looking rather dapper.

Just really enjoying it, it's very compelling and I find it hard to put down once I've started playing it. I have a few minor quibbles about the combat, like how it's difficult to switch spells in the heat of the moment and the whole having to stop and collect orbs thing, God knows how much exp. pts. I've lost because I've carried on fighting rather than orb collecting, but aside from that I think it's fantastic on the whole. Can't wait to finish up and then start again as an evil anti-hero, bet that's going to be great fun. Definitely looking forward to picking up Fable 3 after I've done with this one too :).

She dives for cheese pasties

• CharlieStCloud 29 May 2011 22:05:09 4,660 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I've been playing this wonderful game on and off for the past three months and I not only watched the main story come to an end, I downloaded the 'Knothole Island' and 'See the Future' add-on to make the game last even longer.

I think I have put a shy under 40 hours on Fable II since the beginning of March... much to my surprise as I very rarely put a lot of time into a single game nowadays; not since the likes of Final Fantasy VII and Metal Gear Solid on the PSone!

I couldn't help but notice that Psychotext and Lutz mentioned the Dolls about ten or so posts up: do you guys have them by any chance as it is one of the two achievements I need to 100% the game and to be honest... I really want it!

It'll be my first fully completed Xbox 360 game too.

Any chance of a helping hand please...?

Thank you.
  • RedSparrows 29 May 2011 22:40:01 20,739 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Strange thing with Fable: I get it, play it to exhaustion, and then only remember the bad bits. Yet it sucks me in for HOURS, and I just playplayplayplayplay non-stop.

There's also a lot of secrets I miss, I know that much.
  • Bombonera 8 Nov 2011 07:28:26 344 posts
    Seen 5 days ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I've just started playing the GOTY version of Fable 2 and I have to say I'm kicking myself a bit for not getting this when it was originally released in 2008. I don't know why I didn't. It's superb.
  • DUFFMAN5 8 Nov 2011 08:01:35 13,795 posts
    Seen 44 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Bombonera wrote:
    I've just started playing the GOTY version of Fable 2 and I have to say I'm kicking myself a bit for not getting this when it was originally released in 2008. I don't know why I didn't. It's superb.
    Great stuff, Fable II is defo the best of a very good series. I have enojoyed all 3 games. You can pick up III for silly money, and despite a lot of people saying it is not as good as the previous 2...which maybe the truth, it still is a lot of fun, if very easy fun.

"Duffman is thrusting in the direction of the problem! Oh, yeah!"

• andytheadequate 8 Nov 2011 16:04:03 7,946 posts
    Seen 38 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    @Redsparrows- although I have good memories of F2, I don't look back fondly on F3 at all, even though I actually really enjoyed it when it came out. I think it was because of the rubbish interaction with NPCs and horrible slowdown and bugs
  • ronuds 8 Nov 2011 16:07:06 21,788 posts
    Seen 8 months ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Fable II is still my favourite game!

Fable III took such a step back, imo, but I still enjoyed it.
  • King_Edward 8 Nov 2011 16:49:39 11,454 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Yeah 3 wasn't a patch on 2, but I still liked it.
  • Britesparc Creative, ITV 8 Nov 2011 17:20:28 1,875 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I agree, III was fun, but felt inconsequential and rushed out after the grandeur of II (which remains my favourite game of this particular generation).

II has its (minor) flaws, and what's really sad is that given enough development time and a big new idea, they might have been ironed out properly for a truly breathtaking third instalment (ME1/ME2 style). But III, whilst still being very, very good, fixed few of the niggles and added several more. Shame.

I'm hoping, The Journey aside, that a new Fable - or at least Fable-style - game might grace the launch window of the next Xbox.
  • Kanjin 9 Nov 2011 11:25:17 960 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    That sounds probable. It's a solid title for most ages. It also gives them plenty of development time!
  • andytheadequate 9 Nov 2011 12:08:52 7,946 posts
    Seen 38 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    The one thing Fable 3 really improved on was the co-op. Far far better than in 2.

I hope they don't rush Fable 4. The series lost a bit of it's charm so will have to be an improvement to lure me back
  • Bombonera 10 Nov 2011 06:42:20 344 posts
    Seen 5 days ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I was walking around in Bowerstone last night and another player randomly gave me 2 million gold :D. I was amazed. That's enough to buy all the properties in the game.
  • FWB 15 Jan 2013 01:11:43 41,903 posts
    Seen 20 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Gone back to this having failed to finish it several years ago. Restarted and just done the Crucible and been asked to board the ship. No spoilers, please, but is that the end of Albion for me if I get on it? Not bought a house or got married - things I plan to do. Will I be able to do them, if I head to the Spire?
  • Rodney 15 Jan 2013 06:47:41 1,680 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    You go back to Albian.
  • jellyhead 15 Jan 2013 15:56:35 24,350 posts
    Seen 9 months ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    From what i remember the game will tell you when you are at one of the two 'points of no return', i can't remember what it says but you are told.

Stick at it, even with it's annoyances it's still one of my favourite games of all time. I really enjoyed it and loved some of the achievements.

This signature intentionally left blank.

• ronuds 15 Jan 2013 20:37:02 21,788 posts
    Seen 8 months ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    You'll probably want to read this, it'll save you some heartache:

Don't kill your dog.
  • jellyhead 15 Jan 2013 21:02:30 24,350 posts
    Seen 9 months ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Drink the drink when offered :)

• RedSparrows 15 Jan 2013 21:42:13 20,739 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Playing with my gf. Great fun.
  • Sarahshade 16 Jan 2013 15:50:06 139 posts
    Seen 4 months ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    I'm just about to finish fable 2 for the 3rd time.. brilliant game!

Xbox gamertag: Sarah Doherty22
    Steam: Sarahshade1
    3DS: 0903-3840-7897

• Elathron 16 Jan 2013 16:02:43 1,189 posts
    Seen 8 months ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    @Sarahshade - Hehe. Sooo much better than 3. Out of interest, do you have 3?

If God said “The Holy Spirit will come upon you, and the power of the Highest will overshadow you,” to Mary - does that mean he loves bukkake?

• ronuds 16 Jan 2013 16:06:49 21,788 posts
    Seen 8 months ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Fable 2 is easily my favourite game this gen. My biggest gripe is that there's not more of it!

For 4, if it's a proper Fable, which is sounding unlikely, they only need to combine the best elements of 1 and 2, throw in some next gen shite, and it'll be gold! No Kinect.
  • Elathron 16 Jan 2013 16:09:14 1,189 posts
    Seen 8 months ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    @ronuds A-fecking-greed! I was having a convo with one of my workmates about it yesterday in fact. "Would you have Fable 4 or a prequel" was the jist of it, we decided that a prequel would be far more fun as the edwardian Albion was very... Ummm. Uninspiring, and it felt like it had lost it's original charm and magic.

If God said “The Holy Spirit will come upon you, and the power of the Highest will overshadow you,” to Mary - does that mean he loves bukkake?

• FWB 16 Jan 2013 16:13:48 41,903 posts
    Seen 20 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    I've come more to terms with the combat controls this second time around and it is sucking me in. Biggest gripes... the load times and the linear levels during my first(?) stay at the spire. Otherwise it is all very good.

Will I get an STD if I marry a whore? I feel I should be pulling the lass out of her lifestyle, but want to have kids.

Edited by FWB at 16:16:20 16-01-2013
  • ronuds 16 Jan 2013 16:14:49 21,788 posts
    Seen 8 months ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @Elathron - Time period hadn't even crossed my mind, but I whole-heartedly agree!

Edited by ronuds at 16:15:41 16-01-2013
  • jellyhead 16 Jan 2013 16:19:12 24,350 posts
    Seen 9 months ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    @FWB Yeah the load time and asset management niggled me but bleh, not that bothered.

I married a bisexual whore and don't think i got any STDs from her. I think when you marry they become pregnant rather than giving you lurgy.

• FWB 16 Jan 2013 16:23:02 41,903 posts
    Seen 20 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    A whore it is then! Want to give her a better life.
  • Elathron 16 Jan 2013 16:26:27 1,189 posts
    Seen 8 months ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    @ronuds - Out with the guns, in with the bows and slingshots :D

• andytheadequate 16 Jan 2013 16:41:49 7,946 posts
    Seen 38 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    My fondest memory of playing fable 2 was my mate getting an achievement for the threesome. He had to stand awkwardly in the room as i took two prostitutes and a random woman to bed whilst playing co op

Just like a normal Saturday night etc etc...
  • Sarahshade 22 Jan 2013 22:44:42 139 posts
    Seen 4 months ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    @Elathron opps sprry been offline for ages, yip i have fable 3 :)

Xbox gamertag: Sarah Doherty22
    Steam: Sarahshade1
    3DS: 0903-3840-7897

• Page

of 262 First / Last

Next