Fable 2 Page 2

  • Page

    of 262 First / Last

  • Inquisitor Moderator 13 Dec 2006 12:39:08 14,545 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Yea, fable was a really good game. Much preferred it to kotor, the fighting was just more enjoyable.

    The graphics were lovely aswell, loved the dreamlike feel the world had, and the locations and characters were really nicely done, nothing too stunning, but they fitted with the world nicely.

    Quite a lot of enemy variation aswell, although the last boss was so easy to defeat I couldn't believe it. I had to try 3 times to defeat the second from last boss , but did the last in one go with nearly full health!
  • fergal_oc 13 Dec 2006 12:52:37 2,763 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Put Fable in to my 360 the other day and it's amazing what a good RGB scart and some AA can do for a game. It looks wonderful now, minsue the blocky geometry but I'm looking forward to playing it all over again.
  • TwistidChimp 13 Dec 2006 12:54:22 8,825 posts
    Seen 6 years ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I havn't actually gotten around to playing more than 10 minutes of it to be honest :) Me thinks it might be time to give it a fair chance on the old 360. How long is it on average would you say ?
  • Deleted user 13 December 2006 12:55:27
    TwistidChimp wrote:
    I havn't actually gotten around to playing more than 10 minutes of it to be honest :) Me thinks it might be time to give it a fair chance on the old 360. How long is it on average would you say ?

    IIRC I saw most everything un 12 hours.
  • Inquisitor Moderator 13 Dec 2006 12:55:31 14,545 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I'd guess around 20 hours, but I tend to lose track of time in games, especially in rpgs.
  • TwistidChimp 13 Dec 2006 12:59:04 8,825 posts
    Seen 6 years ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    hmm 12-20 hours, pretty short for an rpg then. I shall start tonight :)
  • Deleted user 13 December 2006 13:01:19
    You could fart about in it's world for a good bit longer than I did.
  • Inquisitor Moderator 13 Dec 2006 13:04:11 14,545 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Yea, probably right. I'd guess 15 hours is about the average then. Its great just to wander around and do side quests though. Love seeing your character change as time goes on aswell, and getting married is always fun, you can even have sex (err, that sounded a bit sad, ah well).
  • Deleted user 13 December 2006 13:05:04
    I accidentally set fire to my wife with a level 3 fireball when I tried to kiss her. There was no sex that night.
  • Inquisitor Moderator 13 Dec 2006 13:09:38 14,545 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    The forum is acting really weirdly at the minute, ah well.

    Did you get married to that countess or just a regular girl? I managed to get with the countess, although I wasn't too faithful a husband, and I never visited her :)

    Didn't ever think that casting a fireball spell would be a good way to spice up the old relationship though. Don't know what marriage councillor gave you that advice...
  • glaeken 13 Dec 2006 13:15:37 10,978 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Ahab wrote:
    glaeken wrote:
    Well there is a balance to be drawn and the first fell rather to far into kiddie corner for my liking. Still each to their own.

    Have you completed it though?

    Yes I completed it. I know it got darker towards the end but I still stand by my kiddie corner comments.
  • Pike 13 Dec 2006 13:18:24 13,431 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    disc wrote:

    But compare it to the PS2 rpgs and it's not quite there yet. Maybe for Fable 2 though.

    What PS2 rpgs? I can't think of a single rpg for that system.
  • morriss 13 Dec 2006 13:19:56 70,749 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Fable pwns yoo 4ll. I loved it. Bought LC for the PC too and did the game all over again. Adored it. So charming. :)

    Edited by morriss at 13:20:22 13-12-2006
  • Inquisitor Moderator 13 Dec 2006 13:20:42 14,545 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Oh yea, pretty interesting feature that, certainly more useful to me than the new forum design.
  • Deleted user 13 December 2006 13:21:18
    Inquisitor wrote:
    The forum is acting really weirdly at the minute, ah well.

    Did you get married to that countess or just a regular girl? I managed to get with the countess, although I wasn't too faithful a husband, and I never visited her :)

    Didn't ever think that casting a fireball spell would be a good way to spice up the old relationship though. Don't know what marriage councillor gave you that advice...

    I tried to marry the Countess and did two or three of the things she asked me to do but I lost interested in her the pushy bitch.

    Some peon from the village got it :p
  • morriss 13 Dec 2006 13:21:27 70,749 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Inquisitor wrote:
    Oh yea, pretty interesting feature that, certainly more useful to me than the new forum design.
    eh?
  • TwistidChimp 13 Dec 2006 13:21:27 8,825 posts
    Seen 6 years ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Pike wrote:
    disc wrote:

    But compare it to the PS2 rpgs and it's not quite there yet. Maybe for Fable 2 though.

    What PS2 rpgs? I can't think of a single rpg for that system.

    I'm 99.99999% sure but,.. sarcasm yes :)
  • Pike 13 Dec 2006 13:28:07 13,431 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    TwistidChimp wrote:
    Pike wrote:
    disc wrote:

    But compare it to the PS2 rpgs and it's not quite there yet. Maybe for Fable 2 though.

    What PS2 rpgs? I can't think of a single rpg for that system.

    I'm 99.99999% sure but,.. sarcasm yes :)

    What!

    Everyone, at least everyone sane, knows that RPGs are produced by western developers and are releasd for PC.

    AFIK there are only Japanese adventure games, by some misguided fools refered to as RPGs, available for the PS2.
  • Inquisitor Moderator 13 Dec 2006 13:31:24 14,545 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Don't 'eh' me morriss. By 'new forum design' I mean the one that seperates all the topics. This isn't 'useful' to me because I am using viewing the forum in the 'old' style.

    I'm not saying the design isn't worthwhile, I'm just saying its not to my tastes, therefor, isn't valuable to me. I don't count these new features as part of a new design because they don't change the way I view the forum.
  • morriss 13 Dec 2006 13:38:20 70,749 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Inquisitor wrote:
    Don't 'eh' me morriss. By 'new forum design' I mean the one that seperates all the topics. This isn't 'useful' to me because I am using viewing the forum in the 'old' style.

    I'm not saying the design isn't worthwhile, I'm just saying its not to my tastes, therefor, isn't valuable to me. I don't count these new features as part of a new design because they don't change the way I view the forum.

    I eh?'d you because I was wondering what on earth it had to do with Fable 2.

    ...and I'll eh? anyone I damn well please tyvm!!
  • TwistidChimp 13 Dec 2006 13:43:09 8,825 posts
    Seen 6 years ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Pike wrote:
    TwistidChimp wrote:
    Pike wrote:
    disc wrote:

    But compare it to the PS2 rpgs and it's not quite there yet. Maybe for Fable 2 though.

    What PS2 rpgs? I can't think of a single rpg for that system.

    I'm 99.99999% sure but,.. sarcasm yes :)

    What!

    Everyone, at least everyone sane, knows that RPGs are produced by western developers and are releasd for PC.

    AFIK there are only Japanese adventure games, by some misguided fools refered to as RPGs, available for the PS2.

    AAaah I see what your getting at now.. your one of... those people

    /eyes suspiciously

    /secretly agrees
  • Inquisitor Moderator 13 Dec 2006 14:03:30 14,545 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    What does the phrase 'eh' have to do with fable eh?

    See, two can play at that game. Seriously though, I was just responding to disc talking about the new features, I notice you didn't 'eh' him.

    As for fable 2, I'd like to see more change in the way your character looks when becoming evil/good and maybe some scars in relation to heavy blows taken (in boss battles perhaps).

    I'd also like to see more massive monsters, there were a few, but none that floored me. A longer story line aswell, for some reason the games I love always have short single player experiences, maybe its a quality over quantity thing, but games like final fantasy manage to keep the quality bar up over a long period of time.

    Didn't think the game was too 'kiddy' either, actually though the art style was kind of refreshing for an xbox game, wouldn't bother me to see a similar style again, I don't want to see it go down the PoP warrior within path.
  • Deleted user 13 December 2006 14:05:15
    Eh? In fact. WTF?
  • Pike 13 Dec 2006 14:05:37 13,431 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    TwistidChimp wrote:
    Pike wrote:
    TwistidChimp wrote:
    Pike wrote:
    disc wrote:

    But compare it to the PS2 rpgs and it's not quite there yet. Maybe for Fable 2 though.

    What PS2 rpgs? I can't think of a single rpg for that system.

    I'm 99.99999% sure but,.. sarcasm yes :)

    What!

    Everyone, at least everyone sane, knows that RPGs are produced by western developers and are releasd for PC.

    AFIK there are only Japanese adventure games, by some misguided fools refered to as RPGs, available for the PS2.

    AAaah I see what your getting at now.. your one of... those people

    /eyes suspiciously

    /secretly agrees

    In my defence I can at least say that I think I find RPGCodex to be to zealous.
  • [+..] 10 Jan 2007 02:46:29 341 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Do you think if people knew about this thread they wouldn't make new ones?
  • JediMasterMalik 23 Jan 2007 16:10:40 11,826 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    There is something we'd like to show you... and we would like to add the following 3 points, for you to speculate:

    * This is a castle
    * "Own all the world's property"
    * Located in a city


    Wow, that sure is descriptive!

    I enjoyed the first, hopefully they'll bring this to the PC like the first too.
  • tiddles 23 Jan 2007 16:23:40 3,555 posts
    Seen 4 months ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    rotj wrote:
    JediMasterMalik wrote:
    ...hopefully they'll bring this to the PC like the first too.
    You're doing this again. Going to obvious lengths to promote the fact that you wouldn't touch the Xbox 360 with a ten foot barge poll. Alright, alright already. We get it!

    You're doing this again. Going to obvious lengths to promote the fact that you wouldn't touch the Wii with a ten foot barge pole. Alright, alright already. We get it!
  • tiddles 23 Jan 2007 16:25:28 3,555 posts
    Seen 4 months ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    rotj wrote:
    Except I haven't mentioned the Wii once. So, I guess you fail then!

    :p

    I guess I do.
  • LeD 24 Jan 2007 10:25:22 6,192 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    More artwork.

    Looks like it could be the most J of WRPGs.

    Edited by LeD at 10:29:02 24-01-2007
  • Gori 24 Jan 2007 10:27:42 525 posts
    Seen 8 months ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    LeD wrote:
    More artwork.

    Looks like it could be the most J of WRPGs.

    Can't get that link working. Is it This?
  • Page

    of 262 First / Last

Log in or register to reply