IT Page 6

  • Page

    of 7 First / Last

  • ubergine 13 Sep 2017 12:59:05 7,349 posts
    Seen 52 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I seem to recall The Tommyknockers had a good ending.
  • spindle9988 13 Sep 2017 15:16:28 4,573 posts
    Seen 23 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    ubergine wrote:
    I seem to recall The Tommyknockers had a good ending.
    I have never read tommyknockers and can't remember the film that well.

    Geralds Game is on it's way to netflix.Thought it was a great book.
  • ubergine 14 Sep 2017 03:25:24 7,349 posts
    Seen 52 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    You can expect the film was poor. I enjoyed most of the book, but I literally skipped 200 pages near the start that was obvious rambling.
  • Dirtbox 14 Sep 2017 06:15:32 89,099 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Did you flick straight to the underage gangbang?
  • Nanocrystal 14 Sep 2017 07:45:42 1,583 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Post deleted
  • Nanocrystal 14 Sep 2017 07:46:14 1,583 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Nevermind.
  • CosmicFuzz 14 Sep 2017 08:07:34 31,966 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Saw this last night. Really disappointed.

    Wasn't at all scary I didn't think, apart from maybe the opening. Far too much Pennywise, who was good at first but just got overexposed. Continual "one kid leaves the group alone" syndrome. Ridiculous over the top bully.

    I liked the kids a lot, but would have liked to see more of their own stories fleshed out with their parents over MORE CHASE SCENE BY CHEAP RUBBER FACED ROTTING MAN. The girl's fear of (I'm assuming) period blood/becoming a woman for her dad, the kid's fear of getting sick etc had a lot of potential that I'd rather have seen.

    Just found it all a bit of a letdown. Probably hyped myself up too much.
  • simpleexplodingmaybe 14 Sep 2017 08:22:04 4,092 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Isn't parental absence / ignoring the problem / forgetting about the missing kids one of the themes of the original story?
  • CosmicFuzz 14 Sep 2017 08:24:48 31,966 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I've no idea to be fair, it might be. I just liked the Stand By Me vibe and wanted more of the kid's fears explored rather than another CGI clown attack.
  • Scimarad 14 Sep 2017 15:46:04 9,205 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    I did enjoy it but I agree with the above. It was a decent film but it could have been something really special if they hadn't concentrated on the jump scares and CGI monsters quite so much during the 'scary' bits. Not so sure about Bev's dad either though he certainly was creepy. Also the volume in the cinema was ridiculous.
  • wuntyphyve 14 Sep 2017 15:54:12 9,152 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @CosmicFuzz To be honest, the book was a continual sequence of the kids seeing IT every time they were alone, hence the fact that togetehr they could destroy IT. Bowers isn't actually over the top enough in the film compared to the book but it's because its less of him being just a bully and more because he is actually a fucking psychopath, because his father is. Bowers is as much a symptom of his parents as the rest of the losers.

    The adults movie I'm not looking forward to at all purely because it follows the exact same beats of them as children. They meet up, they all get isolated, they all see Pennywise, they get hunted by Bowers then they confront it in the sewers. They are also annoying as fuck. It only works in the book because the kids narrative is continual with the adults so the final showdown happens simultaneously.

    But that is, in essence, what the book is. A very long, and very wordy sequence of isolated children and adults being scared by a clown demon.

    But there's also lots more of the Stand By Me-esque growing up stuff which didn't really make it in. Which it would definitely have benefitted from.
  • ubergine 14 Sep 2017 17:00:28 7,349 posts
    Seen 52 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Dirtbox wrote:
    Did you flick straight to the underage gangbang?
    There's one in The Tommyknockers as well? Could be a King calling card, like John Woo and slow-motion doves.
  • simpleexplodingmaybe 14 Sep 2017 17:02:03 4,092 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    ubergine wrote:
    Dirtbox wrote:
    Did you flick straight to the underage gangbang?
    There's one in The Tommyknockers as well? Could be a King calling card, like John Woo and slow-motion doves.
    Jonathan King maybe
  • Humperfunk 14 Sep 2017 17:09:54 6,768 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    simpleexplodingmaybe wrote:
    ubergine wrote:
    Dirtbox wrote:
    Did you flick straight to the underage gangbang?
    There's one in The Tommyknockers as well? Could be a King calling card, like John Woo and slow-motion doves.
    Jonathan King maybe
    Hahahaha :D
  • xYOSSARIANx 14 Sep 2017 20:05:45 430 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    @simpleexplodingmaybe It didn't make me as uncomfortable as a similar scene in Moonrise Kingdom. But yeah it did linger for a bit to long, quick shot of her, lots of close reaction shots of the boys would have been better.
  • xYOSSARIANx 14 Sep 2017 20:10:21 430 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    ubergine wrote:


    Throughout the rest of the film, he often has The Losers dead to rights, and inexplicably doesn't kill them.


    Doesn't It like it's food scared, because it makes it taste better. I always assumed his repeated terrorising the losers was a literal marinade. He didn't want them until they were ripe with fear.

    I could just be talking shit though.
  • ubergine 15 Sep 2017 01:17:54 7,349 posts
    Seen 52 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    You and I know that, but the film has to stand on it's own merits, and wanted a line or two to show it was all Its plan, and not that it was just an ineffectual villain for narrative convenience.
  • Scimarad 15 Sep 2017 11:29:28 9,205 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Well, you say that but during the final showdown it was all about the fact that they weren't scared any more and Bill (I think) said "You're gonna starve" or words to that effect.
  • wuntyphyve 15 Sep 2017 11:48:36 9,152 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Yeah it was quite obvious to be honest. Not sure what else could have been said. Don't fancy Pennywise suddenly turning to the camera and giving us the run down of why he is doing it. There were at least a couple of references to the fact he was feeding off their fear. They were also stronger than other children, hence why he couldn't get at them easier as they quickly formed their circle.
  • Gearskin 15 Sep 2017 12:01:15 2,990 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Plus, it has been doing this a long time and is arrogant enough it's part of the game.
  • Pierre2k 15 Sep 2017 12:57:43 820 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    spindle9988 wrote:
    ubergine wrote:
    I seem to recall The Tommyknockers had a good ending.
    I have never read tommyknockers and can't remember the film that well.

    Geralds Game is on it's way to netflix.Thought it was a great book.
    Oh, that is interestingf and something I never knew. I have a paperback copy of Gerald's game kicking about somewhere and got about halfway through before losing is during a house move. Never returned to it, but would be interested in seeing a series adaptation.

    Then again, I watched the Mist......the very definition of mediocre and apart from the premise of there being Mist, absolutely nothing like the short story or 2007 movie adaptation.
  • Pierre2k 15 Sep 2017 12:57:44 820 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Post deleted
  • brokenkey 15 Sep 2017 13:14:24 8,964 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    I'm uncomfortable that he packs all these dodgy paedo fantasy stuff in, and deflects attention by saying "that bothers you?! What about the child murders?".

    There's an air of Saville about this.
  • Scimarad 15 Sep 2017 14:35:24 9,205 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    That is basically the only thing that could even vaguely be considered that way in the vast number of books he's written (off the top of my head) and even that didn't feel dodgy at the time. People are just hyper sensitive about this shit these days.

    That said I'm reading Oryx and Crake at the moment and that's making me feel a tad uncomfortable...

    Edited by Scimarad at 14:38:13 15-09-2017
  • wuntyphyve 15 Sep 2017 14:58:08 9,152 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I don't think I really thought much of it the first time I read it. Only became aware of it later on as people started making such a big deal of it. Then again I was quite young myself when I first read it.
  • wuntyphyve 15 Sep 2017 14:58:48 9,152 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Plus the way it's written there isn't really anything paedo-ish about it. Not defending the scene, but that clearly wasn't his intention.
  • Negan 15 Sep 2017 15:42:49 134 posts
    Seen 31 minutes ago
    Registered 2 weeks ago
    If anything it's now making brokenkey look like the true paedo.
  • ubergine 15 Sep 2017 16:39:23 7,349 posts
    Seen 52 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    13 year-olds have sex sometimes, in IT it somehow makes sense at that point in the narrative. At least, it did when I read it, when I was about that age.
  • wuntyphyve 15 Sep 2017 20:22:56 9,152 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Apparently the blu will have 15 more minutes more as an extended cut.
  • Negan 15 Sep 2017 22:22:04 134 posts
    Seen 31 minutes ago
    Registered 2 weeks ago
    Probably includes more Bowers I think.
  • Page

    of 7 First / Last

Log in or register to reply

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.