Forza Motorsport 7 Page 9

• Page

of 13 First / Last

• ModoX 2 Oct 2017 20:56:45 2,823 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @drawfull ah yeah that was my post :) glad they're working for you. Just wondered if you'd tinkered and what you had found.
  • StarchildHypocrethes 2 Oct 2017 22:09:18 30,577 posts
    Seen 12 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Dodgy Russian copies appear to have unlocked for anyone else who got one.
  • Rogueywon Most Generous Forumite, 2016 2 Oct 2017 23:00:40 1,675 posts
    Seen 57 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    I flew off to the US on Friday morning, a few hours after this and Total War: Warhammer 2 unlocked. Everything I've heard so far has made me gutted I can't play TW:W2 properly yet (managed an hour on Thursday night) but surprisingly "meh" about this. Suspect this may be the moment that confirms I really do prefer Horizon to Motorsport. I'd completely forgotten the stupid burn cards from FM6 and it's depressing to hear they are more central than ever.

Got a week off work when I get back, so can get to grips with both of them (and Blue Reflection) then.
  • StarchildHypocrethes 2 Oct 2017 23:14:38 30,577 posts
    Seen 12 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Oh Maple Valley, how I missed thee.
  • StarchildHypocrethes 2 Oct 2017 23:31:31 30,577 posts
    Seen 12 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    The addition of long races is excellent. 17 laps round the Maple Valley short circuit and I heroically won on the last lap after the leader got held up by back markers. Cool.
  • Captain_Toad 2 Oct 2017 23:48:46 322 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 months ago
    I'm up this late I might as well give it a go when it unlocks.
  • Captain_Toad 3 Oct 2017 00:34:16 322 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 months ago
    Bit buggy. Menus are laggy, vids are glitchy, my complete second race had only music and no engine sounds.

Could have done with 6 more months in the oven.

Edited by Captain_Toad at 00:34:29 03-10-2017
  • StarchildHypocrethes 3 Oct 2017 01:06:20 30,577 posts
    Seen 12 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    The fuss over the economy seems to be fairly overblown. After just finishing my first 4 race series, where I finished 1-1-3-1 and won it overall by a slim 5 points, I earned just over 350k. Add in the 175k I then got from Forza Rewards, plus the 4 cars I got either free or 90% discounted from level ups, and I'm already in pretty good shape.
  • StarchildHypocrethes 3 Oct 2017 01:07:47 30,577 posts
    Seen 12 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    I will also add that this is damned pretty.
  • Captain_Toad 3 Oct 2017 01:14:05 322 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 months ago
    It's been rush released to be honest.† Perfect example of a AAA game that simply had to meet the business release date with no chance of delay.

Ita the least polished forza I have played and I can see that within 20 minutes and I have played them all.

Of couse it might be grand on xbox and all of this might be PC only :)
  • Bloobat 3 Oct 2017 01:23:36 914 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Captain_Toad wrote:
    It's been rush released to be honest.† Perfect example of a AAA game that simply had to meet the business release date with no chance of delay.

Ita the least polished forza I have played and I can see that within 20 minutes and I have played them all.

Of couse it might be grand on xbox and all of this might be PC only :)
    Yeh I feel they should have delayed the PC version, I was going to buy but the demo ran horribly on my PC so I will wait for a patch tbh
  • quokka 3 Oct 2017 01:36:19 145 posts
    Seen 17 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    This is so much more fun to drive than PC2. I donít care if itís less realistic, I can actually keep my car on the road using a controller and have fun doing so.

As others have mentioned, itís hard to find a balance where AI gives up a fight but where itís still actually possible to win given that you start halfway down the field and only have a couple of laps. Enjoyable just tearing through the field with though.

Whatís with this homologation nonsense though? It seems every car I buy is already at the top of its class and I get a big warning that it will no longer be eligible to race if I upgrade anything, thus making the entire upgrading portion of the game unusable, which has always been one of my favourite things to do in these games.
  • secombe 3 Oct 2017 04:15:35 1,452 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Homologation does seem to have rendered upgrades and customisation redundant (unless Iíve missed something). Iíve not even delved into changing wheels, brakes etc as I no longer understand why I need to or how it will affect my use of that car.

That and the missing hot lappery means it doesnít feel very Forza to me, aside from the glorious controller handing anyhow, which thankfully is present and correct.

Still very unsure at the moment, I think FM7 handling with the structure and everything else from PC2 would be my ultimate console driving game.

Also, has anyone been able to enable custom AI liveries? I have it ticked but am still just seeing weird, bland matte paint jobs on all the AI cars.
  • ModoX 3 Oct 2017 08:23:15 2,823 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Mods aren't really central in this at all, you get a few to begin with but I've used them all up now and you don't seem to get any more unless you buy crates, which I'm not doing. I also haven't seen any bugs yet, it's been perfectly solid through my 8 hours or so of it.

On the homologation and upgrades, I imagine most of the players probably never touched the upgrades system - I know I never have. It's one of those unfortunate things that was likely only serving a small portion of the base so it got essentially cut.

@secombe it's funny you say you want FM7 handling and structure etc from PC2 - I think my ideal is the opposite way round! Excluding the race structure of course. I don't mind the mods, I like the gear and car collection tiers etc, I like the career mode taking you through lots of varied events (though 'Limo bowling' can sod right off into Horizon). I'd just like my car to stick to the ground a bit more.
  • StarchildHypocrethes 3 Oct 2017 08:34:39 30,577 posts
    Seen 12 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    No bugs or anything here on xbox, it's all been pretty slick. Turning off the limit ai aggression and bumping up their skill at least seems to make them put up a bit of a fight.

Main issue so far is why they decided to increase the number of points you get in each race of a series. That's just weird.

The lighting in this is just sexy.
  • Globalmeltdown 3 Oct 2017 09:22:48 588 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Only bug I've noticed from Xbox version regards the replay sometimes locking in game camera mode, will not switch to track cameras which is a shame but nothing major. PC on the other hand is a bit of a mess, I've had a couple of crashes to desktop but most importantly there is intermittent stuttering on a few tracks, long beach and Dubai the worst.
  • Nitrous 3 Oct 2017 12:13:27 1,506 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Overall I'm happy so far. Not used a single mod yet and have £800k and a few cars. 1st car I picked free was the Lamborghini diablo 97 as that's a 1mill car otherwise.

Tier 9 unlocked a few useless suites and gave me a chunk of money from the forza hub.
  • secombe 3 Oct 2017 12:30:36 1,452 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    So can you all see custom liveries in career mode if you have that switched on? Iím just getting swathes of oddly matte colours (brown is a common favourite) in the grid.

T10 have today acknowledged the issue.

Iím also fairly sure the Drivatar agression setting is back to front.

Edited by secombe at 12:38:50 03-10-2017
  • ModoX 3 Oct 2017 14:49:38 2,823 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I'll be honest I turned it off before I even got in a race, I wish it didn't try to make me pick one when I buy a car as well.
  • ModoX 3 Oct 2017 20:58:58 2,823 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Ok I just did the Nascar series and it made me want to trade in the game, they're undrivable!
  • StarchildHypocrethes 3 Oct 2017 22:39:25 30,577 posts
    Seen 12 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Man, I forgot how much fun Prague was. Particularly sideways in an S2000.
  • Nitrous 3 Oct 2017 22:42:04 1,506 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Done a few Gulf oil Ford GT's by importing my previous work and making sure they look ok and a Fiesta Black edition. Seems there is a bug here where it's not loading the car. You have to go into adding stuff, back out and then the car will appear for painting.

Atlanta circuit came up in the American muscle series or whatever it's called so selected unbeatable A.I and won the race easily. Its a track I really enjoy for whatever reason but for everything else pro is about right for me.
  • Fourwisemen 3 Oct 2017 23:05:26 710 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Daft I know but genuinely debating awaiting my x before playing this even though I download last night....maybe just a spin round the new (old) tracks and then pop away so I donít burn it our before the shiny arrives.
  • StarchildHypocrethes 3 Oct 2017 23:07:08 30,577 posts
    Seen 12 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Dubai's good fun too when you're not in that Porsche from the demo.
  • Globalmeltdown 3 Oct 2017 23:48:49 588 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Just did an extra long race on Prague in the Honda S2000 on expert difficulty and it was brilliant fun. Did it with fuel and tyre wear enabled just to see how it felt, front tyres started going around lap 12 so pit stopped for a change and it all went smoothly. The AI drivers didn't pit which was a shame but I still managed to win the race. Difficulty is a bit weird, I struggled on a few Highly Skilled races but am doing better in the Expert and Pro difficulty. Also the A I drivers don't like the rain and are generally easy to beat even on unbeatable difficulty. It really is a looker, can't wait to see it in 4K on the X 😀
  • quokka 4 Oct 2017 00:34:42 145 posts
    Seen 17 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Really struggling to be motivated by career mode in this. The homologation stuff just ruins it. I have about 30 cars thanks to level up rewards and bonuses etc but Iíve barely used a quarter of them, Iím struggling to even find a place where I can use the rest - not in any career championship open to me, not in any of the multiplayer rotations, not anywhere I can find in rivals. Sure I can create a custom single race but itís all a bit crap.

Then when I do go to a new championship in career it will invariably have some small collection of eligible cars of which I will pick one at random and buy it, because theyíve all been tuned by default to the point that theyíre already maxed for the championship and theyíre all roughly the same. I really miss the sense of ownership and investment that older games had.

When actually on track itís great and Iím still enjoying it, but was hoping for a little more from the game structure.
  • KD 4 Oct 2017 07:39:23 1,585 posts
    Seen 44 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    This is the first Forza game I wont have on release, with the way its sounding from most people its picked up a few too many things I dont like, watching the GiantBomb quick look and comments here pushed me.

Will get it eventually at xmas (if I dont give in before then) but think my cash is better spent on amazon picking up a few things towards redecorating my bedroom. I just wish they kept the career a simple tune up what you want within reason and race, also League racing online isnt activated yet.
  • GloatingSwine 4 Oct 2017 08:43:31 3,573 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    secombe wrote:
    Homologation does seem to have rendered upgrades and customisation redundant (unless Iíve missed something). Iíve not even delved into changing wheels, brakes etc as I no longer understand why I need to or how it will affect my use of that car.
    Homologation is just the old auto-upgrade system that can upgrade to arbitrary levels not just classes. And since you always wanted to be at the top of the PI class for the event you're not actually any more restricted than you ever were before.

You are free to strip all the auto upgrades out of a car and fit whatever parts you want up to the series limits. (I, for instance, prefer to strip everything down to fit all the adjustable parts and maximise lightness over power).
  • UncleLou Moderator 4 Oct 2017 11:17:11 38,612 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Do you more experienced Forza players agree with the review that traction control should be left on? ItĎs stated in a manner as if itĎs well-known that itĎs what you should do in Forza games.

I wish more games did it like Assetto Corsa and had default/factory settings.

Edited by UncleLou at 11:22:05 04-10-2017
  • StarchildHypocrethes 4 Oct 2017 11:20:21 30,577 posts
    Seen 12 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    I tend to use it on some of the more modern race cars, the F1 cars especially. Everything else I leave it off for though. The old F1 cars are almost uncontrollable on a pad though, so I'm half tempted to use it on them.

Agree that it could use a PCars/AC default setting.
  • Page

of 13 First / Last

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.