Monster Hunter World Page 3

• Page

of 9 First / Last

• Malek86 19 Sep 2017 11:52:38 6,462 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    LittleSparra wrote:
    Not that I think that story holds any credence, but the logical response would be 'the Xbox is not a competitor in Japan'.

But yeah, just make it exclusive, eh.
    But this game is pretty obviously Capcom's attempt to reach a bigger western audience, so you'd think Sony would want to make sure it stays on their platform alone.

That's why I don't especially believe the rumors.
  • Gearskin 19 Sep 2017 12:05:37 3,090 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    LOOKS SO GOOD! Whats in that collectors edition? Actual monster bones?
  • ZuluHero 19 Sep 2017 12:09:57 5,982 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    It's shaping up to be exactly as I always imagined monster hunter with some extra power to be. I love the stylised versions on 3ds, but it's nice to finally have a more up gen version. Still can't wait!
  • Malek86 19 Sep 2017 12:50:57 6,462 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Graphics aside, I'm excited about all the qol improvements.

After playing pretty much the same game for the last 10 years, I was starting to get tired. I couldn't even be bothered to o past the 3 stars quest in Generations because I've played them a million times before. It's about time we got something that breaks the mold a bit.
  • UncleLou Moderator 19 Sep 2017 12:59:41 38,884 posts
    Seen 25 minutes ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    GoodForm wrote:
    Switch gets its own Monster Hunter surely. Monster Hunter Double Cross or something like that.

It doesn't have the horsepower to run Monster Hunter World, I'd assume.
    I don't know, the Switch gets Doom and the next Castle Wolfenstein. I doubt they couldn't get MH:W running on it with a few compromises.
  • Malek86 19 Sep 2017 13:02:38 6,462 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    @UncleLou weird thing about the Switch is, so far we've only seen ports of AAA games that were originally running at 60fps: Doom, Wolfenstein, NBA 2018, DQ2, etc. And of these games, DQH2 and NBA18 had their framerate halved to 30fps, and we still don't know what fate awaits Doom and Wolfenstein.

What's gonna happen when someone tries to port a 30fps game, which is what Monster Hunter World looks like? (also see Steep, which is still in development hell)

I don't doubt that you could port the game and keep the framerate intact, be it 60fps or 30fps, and I trust that Bethesda will do exactly that when porting Doom and Wolfenstein... 60fps would be great. But I do wonder about what kind of cuts you'd need to make. Perhaps it's not always feasible, especially for games that rely heavily on the CPU (ie. I'm not expecting the next Assassin's Creed to hit the Switch anytime soon).

Edited by Malek86 at 13:05:10 19-09-2017
  • Alastair 19 Sep 2017 13:23:01 21,045 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Malek86 wrote:
    After playing pretty much the same game for the last 10 years, I was starting to get tired. I couldn't even be bothered to o past the 3 stars quest in Generations because I've played them a million times before. It's about time we got something that breaks the mold a bit.
    I can relate to this.
    MHTri on the Wii was my first one and it was a revelation. I absolutely loved it.
    Since then, the 3DS versions have been OK, but not quite enough.
  • Dr_Mech 25 Sep 2017 00:03:23 1,159 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Sadly no confirmed release date for the PC release. It is going to be torture watching all these youtubers and you guys having fun with it while I sit here and wait...

This game looks perfect for someone like me, who has always had an interest in the Monster Hunter franchise but never really got into the games.

So guys, the question is, which monster do you want returning from the other games? Personally I'd vote for Mizutsune (highly unlikely) and Zinogre (50/50).

Speaking of which if Capcom are smart they can actually do DLC properly and slowly introduce some of the older monsters back in via DLC Mission packs (Fated Four mission pack for MH:Generations/Double Cross which also includes Valfalk and Atoraru Ka).
  • brokenkey 25 Sep 2017 10:17:22 9,139 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    I played the demo at EGX last week. Oh, it's great.
  • oldschoolsoviet 25 Sep 2017 11:45:27 6,271 posts
    Seen 12 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Yian Garugas were my thing for a while.

http://i31.tinypic.com/2rnamm8.jpg

Anti-tank rifle for the win (and yep, found this 10 year old pic in the old MH group). Think I'll dig out the DesignWorks/artbooks for a trip down memory lane soon.
  • solidsneek 25 Sep 2017 11:59:23 379 posts
    Seen 3 weeks ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Played this Sunday at EGX. Beautiful game and still has the monster hunter feel to it!
  • Malek86 25 Sep 2017 12:13:01 6,462 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I hope we are going to get a demo for this. It's been a staple of the series since the PSP days.
  • Alastair 25 Sep 2017 17:58:24 21,045 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    brokenkey wrote:
    Great news!!
    Are you getting it on PS4 or Xbox?
  • Alastair 25 Sep 2017 17:58:46 21,045 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Malek86 wrote:
    I hope we are going to get a demo for this. It's been a staple of the series since the PSP days.
    +1 for a demo.
  • brokenkey 25 Sep 2017 18:17:24 9,139 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Alastair wrote:
    brokenkey wrote:
    Great news!!
    Are you getting it on PS4 or Xbox?
    PS4 and maybe pc
  • Alastair 25 Sep 2017 18:27:25 21,045 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Splendid, we can swap friend codes* and then never manage to play together online, like on 3ds.
    😉

*I know it's not friend codes any more.
  • oldschoolsoviet 25 Sep 2017 19:38:00 6,271 posts
    Seen 12 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I'd brush up on those egg collecting skills Al, just in case.

Saw another vid today showcasing all the improvements - in-game animal wiki (showing damage weakness, drop rates, reasearch levels), weapon trees clearly available, upgrade rollbacks, and armour checklists (need 7 iron ore, set a message to tell you).

All looks perfect. To the degree I don't want to be teased and spoiled with a demo. It'd be having pudding before the main course.
  • jystyn 25 Sep 2017 19:58:10 96 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    It was my favourite game of EGX. Much more accessible but still felt very much like Monster Hunter. I think this will live up to expectations for veterans but attract new players. I'm very excited for this now having had a taster.
  • Alastair 25 Sep 2017 20:14:54 21,045 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    oldschoolsoviet wrote:
    I'd brush up on those egg collecting skills Al, just in case.
    "Wanna help me on a quest?"
    ;)

Saw another vid today showcasing all the improvements - in-game animal wiki (showing damage weakness, drop rates, reasearch levels), weapon trees clearly available, upgrade rollbacks, and armour checklists (need 7 iron ore, set a message to tell you).

All looks perfect. To the degree I don't want to be teased and spoiled with a demo. It'd be having pudding before the main course.
    I think I just watched the same one. That checklist feature has the potential to be awesome - I used to attempt to track stuff on multiple post-it notes!!
  • Dr_Mech 25 Sep 2017 23:36:13 1,159 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    It is looking better and better, for a somewhat newbie MH fan like me think this game is definitely the right jumping in point. I'm hoping that this allows MH to see much wider success in the West. We've seen that western audiences on a wide scale will play games with a higher learning curve thanks to the success of the Soulsborne series.

Though I do hope, despite doing it here, that the western press doesn't do the whole "Monster Hunter is the Dark Souls of Hunting games" that I dread them doing. While the two share surface similarities I wouldn't say they were that close.

Oh and I will totally be going the Hammer route, knock me out some monsters!

Edited by Dr_Mech at 23:36:59 25-09-2017
  • TitanWarlord93 26 Sep 2017 10:05:52 175 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 12 months ago
    Played the demo back at EGX. I had the most fun. It looks better, it plays better and there was so much experience. I was hunting a larger monster and boy the combat feels so smooth.

Now I vaguely remembered trying out previous MH games before but this one will definitely be a must buy for me. I really want to get into MH.
  • TitanWarlord93 26 Sep 2017 10:06:13 175 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 12 months ago
    Post deleted
  • Alastair 31 Oct 2017 07:10:22 21,045 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Some might have seen the news already, but a beta has been announced on PS4. Early December, just need to be a PS+ subscriber.
    Game release planned for Jan 26th, which I don't think had been mentioned before.
    #excited
  • Alastair 2 Nov 2017 11:41:00 21,045 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    TitanWarlord93 wrote:
    Played the demo back at EGX. I had the most fun.
    That's the one thing that would have made me go to EGX. Not long to wait now though...
  • Alastair 2 Nov 2017 14:03:08 21,045 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    GoodForm wrote:

Holly from Playstation Access on Monster Hunter World.

January can't come soon enough.
    Something I noticed on the vid - when the monster was mounted Arekz didn't say anything about not attacking it. I remember on the 3DS games you weren't meant to attack when someone else mounted a monster. Removing this is a good thing imo.
  • ChiefGB 2 Nov 2017 14:12:08 7,399 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I shall be back on this, skipped all the 3ds ones.
  • Porko_Rossi 2 Nov 2017 15:02:13 55 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    @ChiefGB I only ever tried it on my old 3DS and didn't get going with it really, but this World version looks so temptingly good I'm going to give it a try. Plus I love co-op games, not sure how the match-fixing works though/if you can join randoms?
  • Page

of 9 First / Last

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.