Injustice 2 Page 5

• Page

of 18 First / Last

• Frogofdoom 19 May 2017 17:40:52 5,000 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    @Your-Mother its not really a redesign, he has had loads of different looks in the comics. Also you arent stuck with that head as one of his looks is wearing a ripped batman mask covered in blood.
  • nickthegun 19 May 2017 17:43:42 70,440 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    It is a redesign since its a different guy. AFAIK, everyone who died in the story mode of the first one does not return in this one (I stand to be corrected on that) but you cant have a batman without a joker so...
  • Frogofdoom 19 May 2017 17:49:47 5,000 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Cant have this conversation yet without story spoilers really.
  • Rivuzu 19 May 2017 17:52:27 15,876 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    @captain_markyboy Turn off Negative Edge.
  • Rivuzu 19 May 2017 17:54:12 15,876 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Also for people who cannot remember button sequences to execute combo's:

Just what the fuck do you think a fighting game is?
  • Decks Best Forumite, 2016 19 May 2017 18:15:35 8,294 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Pffft learning the moves is for pussys. I just use my cat like reflexes and natural talent to win the day.
  • Your-Mother 19 May 2017 18:23:37 236 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 4 months ago
    nickthegun wrote:
    It is a redesign since its a different guy. AFAIK, everyone who died in the story mode of the first one does not return in this one (I stand to be corrected on that) but you cant have a batman without a joker so...
    Story spoilers: Technically it's supposed to be the deceased joker from Injustice 1 in the form of a hallucination from Harley brought on by Scarecrow's fear gas.

But yes. The floppy fringe and gigantic collared coat look stupid.
  • Decks Best Forumite, 2016 19 May 2017 18:25:58 8,294 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Some of the faces are totally out of place. I've mentioned it before, but this isn't what superman looks like

Edited by Decks at 18:26:31 19-05-2017
  • Your-Mother 19 May 2017 18:43:19 236 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 4 months ago
    Less Superman and more AccountantWhoMoonlightsAsAnExtraOnEastendersMan
  • captain_markyboy 19 May 2017 19:03:28 739 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Frogofdoom wrote:
    Analog sticks mess up your inputs a bit, you are far better off with a dpad. Quite often with the stick you think you are hitting down then right but the reality is you are missing it. As you play more it will become more fluid for you, there are much better players than me here though so someone like nick or riv would be far more helpful than me. Get away from button mashing as soon as you can though as you wont get any better by playing riverdance on the pad.
    Thanks.

I'm really wanting to get on with it, I think it looks great. Just finding it so frustrating to map the moves to memory. My son is enjoying it at the moment, I'll have another go later...
  • pk1980 19 May 2017 19:12:38 637 posts
    Seen 35 minutes ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    Had a few games to get rid of, so picked this up for the grand amount of 99p (ignoring the trades).

So far enjoying, certainly much more than the first one which I didn't really click with.

Black Canary so far my go to character.
  • nickthegun 19 May 2017 19:59:06 70,440 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I'm online atm if anyone wants to flap about wildly for a bit.
  • nickthegun 20 May 2017 10:12:21 70,440 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Im legitimately impressed with the story mode. It is just a series of excuses for people to punch each other, but its done as well as it can be. And Jeffrey Combs!

Ive only played the story and spent a few minutes farting around in practice but so far, im digging blue beetle. He seems pretty fun.

Aquaman has had a bit of a nerf. His main combo extender now needs meter burning and the timing of from the deep has changed but he still seems pretty strong.

And Green Arrow doesnt really seem to have changed at all. You cant combo out of his ultra but you can meter burn the spinny thing, so I guess thats a buff?

Overall, v impressed.
  • Frogofdoom 20 May 2017 10:32:44 5,000 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Yeah the story really was nicely done. People give Nether realm grief for their dlc policy but they do pack a load of content into the game even if you decide not to buy any of it.

@captainmarkyboy just stick to one character to begin with. Blue beetle is very friendly for new players as is catwoman. Their agility and speed helps a lot.

Re: Darkseid, he is slow but he has really good zoning abilities and a teleport. That jumping smash he does is very useful as well.

I was really looking forward to trying out brainiac after fighting him in the story but i dont seems to have the skills the ai does with him.
  • y2rich 20 May 2017 10:57:11 2,930 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    @Frogofdoom Brainiac is also severely nerfed from what he does as a boss. Not sure what moves he loses but he also packs far less of a punch and some of his other stuff doesn't combo like it does in boss form.
  • JiveHound 20 May 2017 11:15:31 7,895 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I like fighters and I have been tempted by this, and I don't want to be that guy, but I hate the art style.

Superman has been mentioned before but the whole thing looks like that Nicholas Cage Superman film that never happened. It's tacky.

I will hold out for Tekken or Arms I think.
  • Frogofdoom 20 May 2017 11:33:14 5,000 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Its useful against deadshots sustained burst fire and the likes though as it allows you to punish it every time they use it.
  • Decks Best Forumite, 2016 20 May 2017 11:52:59 8,294 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    But I was going into Tosche Station to pick up some power converters!
  • TheDuskwalker 20 May 2017 12:10:43 53 posts
    Seen 6 days ago
    Registered 2 months ago
    @JiveHound
    What they keep doing to Wonder Woman does kind of tick me off.
  • nickthegun 20 May 2017 12:12:40 70,440 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    The balance is very slightly out of whack in that most teleports need a hard read rather than a reaction but if they didnt, everyone would be complaining that teleports were broken, like they did with scorpion flying around like a cunt in the last one.
  • Frogofdoom 20 May 2017 14:10:13 5,000 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I joined some random guild, logged in this morning and got about 15 guild boxes. Was quite please with that. I do struggle with the 4 bar ai enemies though, 3 is too easy but 4 is tricky for my limited skills. Means im struggle with the guild metaverse challenges.
  • Biffins_Bridge 20 May 2017 15:56:13 274 posts
    Seen 13 minutes ago
    Registered 2 months ago
    I'm sure I have the first injustice via ps plus but never played it. I'm enjoying this so far but how does it compare to the original? I'm just wondering whether it's worth keeping if im just an occasional player and whether the original will just float my boat just the same?
  • Page

of 18 First / Last

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.