Injustice 2

• Page

of 18 First / Last

Previous
  • Deleted user 12 May 2017 20:42:58
    Apologies if a thread already exists but I couldnt see it.

Anyway this is out next week. I'm in the mood for a fighting game and I never played the original so I'm quite interested in this. Who's getting it?
  • FuzzyDucky 12 May 2017 20:46:20 2,241 posts
    Seen 33 minutes ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    If you're in the mood for a fighting game you could wait until the end of the month for Guilty Gear Xrd: Rev. 2 (which will absolutely piss on this in terms of gameplay and art design) and a week after that there's Tekken 7.
  • Deleted user 12 May 2017 20:49:22
    Guilty Gears are great but too much like Street fighter these days whereas I just can't be arsed with all the bloody combo memorizing.

Tekken I dont think I've enjoyed since the 3rd one but I will keep my eye on them. I guess I'm just after the superhero novelty and I'm not too fussed on gameplay depth.
  • FuzzyDucky 12 May 2017 20:57:43 2,241 posts
    Seen 33 minutes ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    There'll be no more combos in GG than I2. Sounds like it's not your cup of tea which is fair enough.

As for Tekken, 4 was awful, 5 was fantastic, 6 was awful again and Tag 2 was the best in the series. So by that logic, 7 should be rubbish :)

(didn't mean to poo-poo your thread, just mentioning the two others on the near-horizon! Also, Ultra SFIV is currently less than a tenner on PSN)
  • Deleted user 12 May 2017 21:24:47
    @FuzzyDucky

Not at all mate. I actually have ultra SFIV and have had it for ages. It's quality.
  • Frogofdoom 12 May 2017 21:24:48 5,753 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    @Biffins_Bridge im getting it, the first one was great fun and had a surprisingly good story (although not so surprising if you had played any of the recent mk games). This one looks like it should be better in just about every way as well.
  • nickthegun 12 May 2017 21:29:17 71,317 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    I played the shit out of the first one, so Im definitely getting this.

In terms of systems and combo complexity, its much simpler than guilty gear but it does make up for it with other areas of in game management, like taking control of interactables and stage transitions.

But, yeah, it is a lot easier to play than GG, which is why I settled on this rather than BlazBlue or GG as my second fighting game. My only real reservation is the DLC fuckery that WB always hobble games with.
  • FuzzyDucky 12 May 2017 21:30:03 2,241 posts
    Seen 33 minutes ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    @Biffins_Bridge :)

If you're into comic book/superhero fisticuffs, I picked up Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 on sale on PSN last week too!
  • Frogofdoom 12 May 2017 21:32:40 5,753 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Yeah their dlc system is shitty, i wish all characters were in by default and they made their cash on skins.
  • challenge_hanukkah 12 May 2017 21:38:10 4,910 posts
    Seen 17 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    If it doesn't come to PC I'll do a little cry.
  • Deleted user 12 May 2017 21:45:20
    Just need to find the cheapest place. I think it's base.com at 35.85.

Will there be other game modes like MK had? I always enjoyed the challenge towers.
  • Frogofdoom 12 May 2017 21:50:36 5,753 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Yeah it has the metaverse which is similar. Simply games are 36.85 i think and you should get it by weds/thurs .
  • Deleted user 12 May 2017 21:57:28
    @Frogofdoom

It's 37.85 at simply. I may just pay the extra couple of quid though and get it 1-2 days early although I'm not in any rush to play it. Mmm i shall have a think.
  • Frogofdoom 15 May 2017 11:52:20 5,753 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Simply have shipped this today so with luck it should arrive on the US launch rather than the European.
  • nickthegun 15 May 2017 11:56:16 71,317 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    I'm going to fire up the original this week to get my eye in, if any PS4 chaps want some sparring practice.
  • Deleted user 15 May 2017 11:56:59
    @Frogofdoom

Yeah I had the shipped email before :)
  • Rivuzu 15 May 2017 12:03:08 16,233 posts
    Seen 60 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    @nickthegun if I find time I'll be up for that. Definitely getting this so hopefully I can get some rounds off of you!

I mean I definitely am due after your FANG beatdowns in SFV.
  • nickthegun 15 May 2017 12:31:30 71,317 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    I played Grundy in the last one, so I'm continuing the streak of being a LTG.
  • TheDuskwalker 15 May 2017 12:31:40 53 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 5 months ago
    There is a demo for Guilty Gear Rev 2 just a FYI to everyone. Can try before you buy with it. It includes all 25 characters too.

FuzzyDucky wrote:
    There'll be no more combos in GG than I2. Sounds like it's not your cup of tea which is fair enough.

As for Tekken, 4 was awful, 5 was fantastic, 6 was awful again and Tag 2 was the best in the series. So by that logic, 7 should be rubbish :)

(didn't mean to poo-poo your thread, just mentioning the two others on the near-horizon! Also, Ultra SFIV is currently less than a tenner on PSN)
    Well the arcade version of Tekken 7 was a huge success in Asia (most successful arcade version of Tekken according to Harada), so hopefully that means there is something good about it as arcade goers keep returning to it. They also made Tekken 7 a bit more accessible by making throwbreaks easier and tweaking the wakeup game.

Also looks like Tekken Team are really wanting to challenge NRS in for cinematic story mode dominance. Also looks like it will be the most complete first version/day 1 edition of a fighting game (not counting remasters) released this gen.

Anyway when it comes to Injustice 2, given Warner have released a DLC bundle edition/versions for all of NRS' fighters to date combined with the DLC (already pass for 9 DLC character + pre-order DLC character), can't say I would be buying the first version coming out tomorrow even if I was big on NRS's gameplay.

Stand alone Guilty Gear Xrd Rev 2 is a complete/DLC bundle edition (thank goodness Arc are finally dropping that Extend crap) which makes it pretty appealing too, if you like the previously mentioned demo.

Edited by TheDuskwalker at 12:33:35 15-05-2017
  • nickthegun 15 May 2017 12:36:41 71,317 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    I have to say Arc absolutely do not get enough grief for their DLC and update strategy.
  • Decks Best Forumite, 2016 15 May 2017 12:42:59 9,850 posts
    Seen 14 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    I bought one of the guilty gear games a few month ago and didn't get on with it really. I've got a pretty strong stomach for KARAZYJAPOKNICKERFLASH type stuff but that was just a step too far for me.

My time with the game is something of a blur but I'm pretty sure at one point I was playing as an electric guitar playing sexy witch who fired cats out of her vagina.
  • Frogofdoom 15 May 2017 12:44:03 5,753 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Think you are quite a way above my level on injustice nick judging from your sfv vids.
  • nickthegun 15 May 2017 12:47:58 71,317 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    I ain't that great. I could hold my own a few years ago but the combo system is so much different to street fighter, I always had trouble with it.
  • TheDuskwalker 15 May 2017 12:57:34 53 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 5 months ago
    nickthegun wrote:
    I have to say Arc absolutely do not get enough grief for their DLC and update strategy.
    They really don't. They charge more for there DLC characters than anyone else, charge the same for alt colors than other devs do for full blow alt costumes and skins, one of the few that still do disc locked DLC after the SFxT backlash, the whole bs with Dizzy in Guilty Gear Xrd, and most importantly outright lying on several occasions. Just to name a few things.

I still like there games, and they've not gone full Capcom yet, but they always seem to be 3 years behind everyone else on buisness practices that blew up in developers faces when they release a new game.
  • FuzzyDucky 15 May 2017 15:34:09 2,241 posts
    Seen 33 minutes ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    Whilst I will agree with the Guilty Gear DLC situation, I do think that the games, even without it, feel complete at least.

They always seem to be priced reasonably well for a physical copy. Revelator set me back about 40 at launch - all other fighting games here in Ireland cost about 70. Xrd I imported from Canada including registered post set me back 48.

I think the lack of communication comes down to the publisher here - pCube, who are a bit of a shambles, not Arc themselves.
  • nickthegun 15 May 2017 21:26:46 71,317 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    I STILL GOT THE IMPRACTICAL COMBOS

• nickthegun 15 May 2017 21:29:27 71,317 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    OMG THE MUSCLE MEMORY

• H1ggyLTD 15 May 2017 21:29:36 7,329 posts
    Seen 24 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Tempted.
  • Frogofdoom 15 May 2017 22:27:44 5,753 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    @nickthegun yeah fuck that, well out of my league. I would be happy with a combo half that length!
  • Deleted user 15 May 2017 22:46:55
    Frogofdoom wrote:
    @nickthegun yeah fuck that, well out of my league. I would be happy with a combo half that length!
    Yep gone are my days of skills like that. I'd be happy to just string a punch and kick together these days lol.
  • Page

of 18 First / Last

Previous

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.