Has Been Heroes Page 8

• Page

of 8 First / Last

Next
  • rice_sandwich 16 Jun 2017 18:14:24 3,247 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Just beat the third and fourth bosses back to back. Got some crazy power full water and lightning stuff going on and fire immunity. 20+ hours spent on this and still loving it.
  • BigOrkWaaagh 16 Jun 2017 18:20:09 6,797 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    This is tied for my most played game on Switch with Mario Kart at 60 hours. I've beaten the main story but there seems to be at least one more stage, which I ALMOST beat but haven't come close since. I've kind of tailed off in favour of MK8 because of how long a run takes now, but I still give it a blast every now and then.
  • rice_sandwich 16 Jun 2017 18:37:29 3,247 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Yeah, a super under rated game. Although it's crazy how hard it is to get over the hurdle of the first pirate boss. I know a few people did it almost right away but it took me 40 odd games.

Normal stages are a lot more difficult now compared to the early game. I must have gotten 100+ items unlocked with my last two wins so there's loads more to explore yet.
  • TitanWarlord93 19 Jun 2017 17:59:32 174 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 11 months ago
    So I had the desire to buy the physical version of this on eBay and had to try this out.

It is so addictive but very challenging and is testing your strategy skills.

So far I only won a few battles but couldn't defeat the first boss so I need to play more of this so I can get better and understand more of this.
  • rice_sandwich 22 Jun 2017 19:00:56 3,247 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Just beat the ice pirate boss. I had a great load out but almost everything in the last level was immune to my spells. Despite that I won fairly easily. The previous boss battle was epic though - it took me about 20 minutes to grind him down even although I was hammering him with lightning, fire and water combos all the time. Two more run throughs to go!
  • Deleted user 31 August 2017 11:09:14
    So I picked this up last night for a bit of fun and holy shit it is fucking nails... In 20 attempts I have managed to beat the first boss once and died the next set of goons after it.

Is there any progression in this game or is it all skill/luck
  • rice_sandwich 31 Aug 2017 11:23:19 3,247 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    @Graxlar_v2

It gets a lot easier (yet more difficult in many ways) once you beat the first 'final' boss and start unlocking better characters and spells. Some runs are very hard if you get bad spells and others are much easier. It's mostly skill but luck plays a part.

It took me 40+ games before I beat the first 'final' boss. It's one of my favourite games on the Switch. Read the thread for advice.
  • BigOrkWaaagh 31 Aug 2017 11:58:55 6,797 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    @Graxlar_v2 Yeah stick with it. It can be frustrating at first, especially if the game hasn't 'clicked' yet. But once it does and once you clear that first boss, it's all gravy.
  • Deleted user 31 August 2017 12:20:12
    It has clicked pretty well :) am upto 3 hours... got to the final boss of the first run twice but failed both times.

Since then they have dropped the stupid skeleton boss on me though... the one that stars with 8 stamina and a million following smelliest. I can get his stamina bar to 0 but the staff hero keeps dying right at the end.
  • rice_sandwich 31 Aug 2017 12:24:43 3,247 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Make sure you fight as many battles as possible on the way to the boss. Avoid the item gambler as it's not worth it. Remember that you can rearrange every character after one attacks and that lane switching to backstab can be useful to deal damage when a character returns to their position.
  • Deleted user 4 September 2017 10:51:27
    Somehow managed to complete my first rotation on Saturday and can now get passed the first section pretty easily but the second area is still a struggle, especially when they throw about 5 or 6 enemies all on one lane so close i cant see what the individual stamina bars actually are.

The bard hero is pretty handy but i would like some more choices, is there any ways to unlock heroes without completing the rotations? Also, can i go back and do the 2 stage tier again?
  • rice_sandwich 4 Sep 2017 11:00:23 3,247 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    @Graxlar_v2

No and no. Keep trying and you'll find that things become easier and you'll only really struggle with the bosses, for the most part. You'll get to the point where normal stages are fairly easy. The items get better and better, so you just need a bit of luck.
  • senjor_lurky 4 Sep 2017 11:24:29 35 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    Dear Christ I suck at this game - it's great, and it's starting to click, but I consistently die at the second boss (water ghoul), I dunno - more practice needed?

Edited by senjor_lurky at 11:26:15 04-09-2017
  • BigOrkWaaagh 21 Sep 2017 09:27:04 6,797 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    @senjor_lurky Got any better?
  • senjor_lurky 21 Sep 2017 09:40:20 35 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    yeah a bit, got through second boss, now constantly die at third boss :)
  • rice_sandwich 10 Nov 2017 21:42:31 3,247 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    http://nintendoeverything.com/has-been-heroes-receives-a-major-expansion/
  • rice_sandwich 10 Nov 2017 21:46:36 3,247 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    \o/

Love this game. The additions sound great.
  • BigOrkWaaagh 10 Nov 2017 22:02:05 6,797 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Holy crap, that's amazing news! Time to git gud all over again!
  • rice_sandwich 11 Nov 2017 08:17:58 3,247 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    @BigOrkWaaagh

It seems more difficult but it's probably due to not playing for a while. It's a good update and great that's it's free.
  • rice_sandwich 11 Nov 2017 14:48:46 3,247 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    The new challenge mode is incredibly tough!
  • Page

of 8 First / Last

Next

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.