Destiny 2 - read first post for clan info Page 103

• Page

of 104 First / Last

• wuntyphyve 6 Feb 2018 10:16:18 9,795 posts
    Seen 52 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Oh aye, I don't think there's any depth beyond the grind. But I like the grind in D1. Couple that with the fantastic gunplay and I'm sold. gunplay enough isn't going to sustain D2. I need those bounties. There are no flipping bounties for crying out loud.
  • GarlVinland 6 Feb 2018 10:16:26 2,675 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    It was never Diablo, but the 2 RPG-lite elements that kept me coming back to D1 were the loot and the sidequests. Stuff like XP bars for weapons I can take or leave, but the guns themselves were so much more interesting to shoot. Knowing that the potential for min-maxing was so much greater kept me playing, to get more crazy guns or perfect rolls. D1 felt liberated, whereas D2 feels like CoD in space. And in terms of sidequests and cool little details, hunting for Tanik's cloak or trying and failing to get Black Spindle beats the boring MIDA quest any day.

D1 Hung Jury, a legendary, felt stronger than Graviton Lance, the closest equivalent in D2, and an exotic. Then the exotics scaled up from there. That's the biggest difference for me.
  • breakablepants 6 Feb 2018 10:32:53 781 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Interesting that people are going back to D1; it's a conversation I've been having with Destiny friends lately as well. It's not really about hating on D2, but more the fact there is so much great content - including much, much better Raids than Leviathan.

It's got me thinking about whether we might end up with a situation where D1 remains the preferred game, with a stronger, and more active community than D2. What does Bungie/Activision do then?
  • wuntyphyve 6 Feb 2018 10:49:50 9,795 posts
    Seen 52 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    All I know is that this clan I am in is filling to capacity regularly and D1 is brimming with people at the mo. I'm not surprised now. Nearly everyone that is active in this clan has come back from D2. I agree that I think D2 might be unfixible. They essentially need to look at what D1 is like now, and build more of that as D3.
  • Switch024 6 Feb 2018 10:50:26 2,169 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    I'm still playing D2 and had a good time with Iron Banner this last week but going back to D1 was eye opening.

I hadn't realised how much the gameplay changes actually affected the feel of D2. D1 is more fun to play and with more stuff to chase it feels like you're constantly working towards something. I regularly feel like I'm looking for stuff to do in D2 and with more people dropping the game each day it's getting harder to get raid teams together.

I've still not completed the Eater of Worlds raid, the interest to do it just doesn't seem to be there for a lot people. There's been much more interest in going back to do some of the D1 raids so last week we ran through Vault of Glass and Crota's End. I can see a lot of clans doing the same.
  • ecu 6 Feb 2018 10:52:45 80,332 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    I still haven’t been back to D1 since D2 came out, I really should..
  • Malek86 6 Feb 2018 12:00:59 6,730 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I still go back to D1 occasionally, but I'll admit that going from 60fps to 30fps does take its toll.

I don't think D2 is unfixable, after all D1 today is vastly different from what it used to be before the expansion. The problem is whether Bungie will take the right steps, and there's no guarantee they will.
  • Switch024 6 Feb 2018 12:28:17 2,169 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Malek86 wrote:
    I still go back to D1 occasionally, but I'll admit that going from 60fps to 30fps does take its toll.
    As a console player I don't have this problem but on a Pro the drop from *dynamic* 4K HDR to 1080p is quite something. D1 still looks good but D2 is so vibrant and sharp, the artwork just pops, it's a stunning game to look at.
  • Switch024 9 Feb 2018 09:55:35 2,169 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Finally got the Flawless Raider trophy on Destiny 1. It was more a test of patience than skill!

Decided to attempt it on normal Crota's End and at the start we all agreed not use rockets to avoid any silly deaths. After a couple of failed attempts, (people getting blown up by the lamps or falling down a pit) we got to Crota and had him down to one hit. Just about to take his shield down for the last time and someone blows himself up with a rocket...

We got it on the next run but the silence when everyone heard "guardian down" was deafening :lol:
  • SolidSCB 9 Feb 2018 10:35:25 10,064 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    God, Flawless Raider! I remember us doing it on VoG Normal before any of the DLC's. It was probably the best hour I've ever spent on a game online. It's a shame Destiny 2 has fallen flat as it has.
  • wuntyphyve 9 Feb 2018 12:52:53 9,795 posts
    Seen 52 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @Switch024 Ha ha. Well done. A few of us are talking about doing a flawless CE run in the next couple of weeks. Not looking forward to it even though it's the raid I know the best. Good thing is, is that it's the holes and lamps that will bugger you up most on normal so technically once you are past the abyss there shouldn't be any dying. Although your post just proved that otherwise!!
  • Switch024 9 Feb 2018 13:01:39 2,169 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    @wuntyphyve We had a great time doing it, was admittedly quite tense and nervy but really good fun. Once you're past the abyss it's relatively straightforward, just make sure no one is running around with a rocket launcher!
  • breakablepants 9 Feb 2018 14:43:33 781 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    See, it's these moments that made D1 so great. Maybe the closest I've had in D2 was a close squeak on the Nightfall after we'd failed a bunch of times, but aside from that, I miss those 'yay we did it as a team" moments.
  • breakablepants 9 Feb 2018 14:46:33 781 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    I've just also had flashbacks of desperately running circles in the 'Shield Brothers' strike whilst you wait to revive your teammates :-)
  • breakablepants 9 Feb 2018 15:06:03 781 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    So I just saw on Reddit that Activision had its investor call yesterday. I've copied the summary someone wrote of what they said about D2:

- well received ratings / 2nd highest selling games / awards nominations / positive sentiment and high levels of engagement first couple months. after that, we have definitely see real sentiment issues in a couple areas...we wanted to make less of a grind and give players more paths to get best rewards. that allowed core players to consume content faster than anticipated.

- it's live game and bungie is responding to feedback is needed.

- bungie posted detail roadmap. thus far, plans have been well received. sentiment is beginning to shift

- new dlc in may and MAJOR expansion in fall. great opportunity to win back community.

- passionate group of players. that passion is a good thing - shows people care about the game and shows strength of the franchise.

- want to communicate with community more frequently

Seems a bit disingenuous to me; I don't see sentiment shifting more than people have moved on to other games or back to D1. Plus, the detailed roadmaps are nothing of the sort.
  • Malek86 9 Feb 2018 18:47:20 6,730 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    we wanted to make less of a grind and give players more paths to get best rewards. that allowed core players to consume content faster than anticipated.
    I wonder what exactly they were anticipating. They thought core users wouldn't easily reach 100 hours in three weeks? Destiny 1 should have been an easy lesson in that regard.

Edited by Malek86 at 18:47:41 09-02-2018
  • Malek86 9 Feb 2018 18:48:39 6,730 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I just made a new D1 character. Go me.

My main is always a Titan with scout rifles, so this time I'm trying a Warlock with auto rifles.
  • wuntyphyve 9 Feb 2018 23:32:54 9,795 posts
    Seen 52 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Warlock kicks ass.

Also - bored of d2 already.
  • andrewwatt 10 Feb 2018 07:13:20 1 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 2 weeks ago
    We need firefly back and auto fireteam raids, some people just don't have an extra 30 mins to get a fireteam together and firefly was the best perk of D1 now we have dragonfly which is more of a wet fart. I have put in 1000's of hours playing D1 and a lot playing D2 but D2 is broken and unworthy of the status of improvement, D1 was the game I played because nothing came close, now I have found myself playing other games after 1 day of doing everything that will get me good loot. Bungie please fix this.
  • Malek86 10 Feb 2018 11:10:16 6,730 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Whew, I don't think warlocks and auto rifles mix very wel. Maybe a pulse rifle?
  • breakablepants 12 Feb 2018 11:51:41 781 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    @Malek86 Really? I find using a mix of Scathelock and Uriels Gift as a warlock works well in Crucible as you can cover medium-long range engagements without being too exposed.

Mainly use Stormcaller as then you have something OK for close-range if you need it.
  • Switch024 14 Feb 2018 10:17:52 2,169 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Anyone play some Crimson Days last night? I had a few matches and really enjoyed it, the matches seem fairly quick so rewards drop quite regularly, didn't take long to get a couple of engrams and I bagged the exotic sparrow and the Prometheus Lens ornament (which is terrible).

With the increased recharge rates and heavy ammo spawning in quickly each round there's an instant standoff around the heavy and it turns into grenade city. Was great to be playing something that felt a little like the handbrake had been taken off.
  • GarlVinland 14 Feb 2018 11:18:37 2,675 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Haven't played D2 since Monster Hunter came out, I'm just waiting for Xur to show up this week so I can finally get my Crimson. 3 weeks in a row the Fated Engram has decrypted into something else, from a pool of 4. RNGesus hates me.

I'd play Crimson Days if anyone on my friends list was still playing, but they've all moved on. :( As have I, to be fair.

Edited by GarlVinland at 11:18:55 14-02-2018
  • ecu 14 Feb 2018 11:50:00 80,332 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Switch024 wrote:
    Anyone play some Crimson Days last night? I had a few matches and really enjoyed it, the matches seem fairly quick so rewards drop quite regularly, didn't take long to get a couple of engrams and I bagged the exotic sparrow and the Prometheus Lens ornament (which is terrible).

With the increased recharge rates and heavy ammo spawning in quickly each round there's an instant standoff around the heavy and it turns into grenade city. Was great to be playing something that felt a little like the handbrake had been taken off.
    I had a few games and quite enjoyed it. We were crushing everyone so that helped. I got the same exotic sparrow twice, and I also got the rubbish Prometheus lens ornament.
  • breakablepants 14 Feb 2018 16:28:42 781 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Sounds like it's worth a go. I've also not played for ages, waiting until there are some grunty updates that give me something enjoyable to do...
  • Malek86 20 Feb 2018 18:19:04 6,730 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Faction Rally again. FWC better win this time around, because that scout rifle looks nice.
  • Khanivor 21 Feb 2018 05:45:18 43,550 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    So what chance a remaster of D1? Just cut to the chase, Bungie.
  • breakablepants 21 Feb 2018 10:06:01 781 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    haha no chance, they have to make D2 work somehow.

Went back into D1 on the weekend for the first time since the D2 launch and ran some strikes. Made me realise just how simple they have made D2, I had forgotten all the details of burns and modifiers on the Heroic strikes. And don't get me started on weapon perks and loadouts! So, so much depth there by comparison.

The difference in the graphics was not too bad, didn't do any patrols so can't comment on how busy the servers were, but I never had any problems matchmaking the strikes.

I'm sure they can improve D2, but I can't see them retro-fitting the same level of complexity and choice.
  • wuntyphyve 21 Feb 2018 10:34:59 9,795 posts
    Seen 52 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Oooh does this mean I can finally join a faction?

Started Leviathan Raid the other night. Tricky isn't it. The baths took us ages but finally did it. Back on it tomorrow.

D1 seems busier than ever these days too.
  • Switch024 21 Feb 2018 10:50:24 2,169 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Yeah it's heavy on the mechanics and everyone needs to do their bit. I enjoy it but I have to be in the mood for it, it can be frustrating having to explain it in detail everytime you take someone new through it.

D1 was great in that you could effectively carry a couple of players through a normal raid without having to military train them, they could slowly take everything in and then step up in later raids.

Been playing a lot of Destiny recently, both D1 and D2. I'm convinced with a few subtle changes and some more exciting loot D2 could be great, running strikes with other players lso using masterwork weapons means there's orbs everywhere and my super is up a lot more often, it's a lot more fun.
  • Page

of 104 First / Last

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.