Destiny 2 - read first post for clan info Page 97

• Page

of 98 First / Last

• Ror 7 Dec 2017 20:02:20 16,738 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Malek86 wrote:
    It's true that, nowadays, it feels like we are the ones stuck to an old business model and who simply refuse to let go. And as usual with new things, I'm never really sure who's right.
    As always in these situations, look to Principal Skinner.
  • crashVoodoo 7 Dec 2017 20:03:06 5,550 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    @wuntyphyve I'd already decided I wasn't buying it but I wasn't expecting to be cordoned off from shit I'd previously had access to (even if I'd not got that far yet).

From all the shitposts and Destiny Defence Force (DDF - it'll stick) I've been reading though, apparently this is a normal thing in Destinyville. Seems a bit shitty if I'm honest.

Edited by crashVoodoo at 20:03:49 07-12-2017
  • LittleSparra 7 Dec 2017 20:04:30 7,153 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Bichii wrote:
    Omg for a game I think is only pretty good I've put in over 180 hours. Jesus.
    How?!

I will never understand this. If you loved it, fine (although even then...), but if you didn't, WHY so much time?
  • wuntyphyve 7 Dec 2017 20:09:02 9,647 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Thought so. I don’t know why I’m surprised. I’m not really. I’ll wait and see I suppose once I’ve done my play through if I want to even bother with end game stuff like that. It may not be an issue.
  • Bichii 7 Dec 2017 20:09:31 206 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 4 months ago
    @LittleSparra almost the whole reason is the social aspect. Generally I have fun because of the banter not the game.
  • Derblington 7 Dec 2017 20:18:17 29,955 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Got a response from Sony about the refund - they're "unable" to do so because the game has been downloaded/played. They do state that they're looking into the situation as they've received similar complaints from other players.

I've responded again, though I'm not expecting a different result.
  • GarlVinland 8 Dec 2017 09:56:40 2,314 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Tried to get back into the game last night. Switched it off after one public event. There is absolutely nothing to do on Mercury, and nothing new worth chasing except the spiderbot grenade launcher.

At least I know now to wait before buying something from Bungie. Taken King was a one-off.
  • Malek86 8 Dec 2017 11:16:53 6,453 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    The grenade launcher is pretty terrible tbf, like all grenade launchers. In the end I'll take a good shotgun over that (assuming I don't feel like using Wardcliff Coil).

The Forge does make for an interesting addition... gives me more reasons to play strikes and other activities, since I got once again to the point where tokens only give you underpowered gear. The ornaments give me extra incentive too, but only if they get expanded to more armor sets.

That's a step in the right direction, at least.
  • GarlVinland 8 Dec 2017 11:21:06 2,314 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Malek86 wrote:
    The grenade launcher is pretty terrible tbf, like all grenade launchers. In the end I'll take a good shotgun over that (assuming I don't feel like using Wardcliff Coil).
    Literally the one thing I want from this DLC. :(

Time to try Doom...
  • breakablepants 8 Dec 2017 11:27:04 756 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    I know Mercury is limited, but won't there be some additional stuff added when the Raid goes live?

I actually really enjoyed the new Heroic missions you can pick up from Vance. A decent challenge, more than a strike but less than a Nightfall, plus you can play them solo.

But no denying that the DLC seems pretty thin - assuming that's all there is.

I actually think Bungie have lost the goodwill of the community now, to the point where people are ranting about stuff that's not actually a big deal, or just going OTT. I can't see how they bring them back on-side. It's not like they can start D2 all over again.
  • breakablepants 8 Dec 2017 11:28:46 756 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Derblington wrote:
    Got a response from Sony about the refund - they're "unable" to do so because the game has been downloaded/played. They do state that they're looking into the situation as they've received similar complaints from other players.

I've responded again, though I'm not expecting a different result.
    What's the bet someone in the US tries to turn this into a class action lawsuit?

My bet's that Bungie will make changes to the game rather than Sony refund people.
  • Malek86 8 Dec 2017 11:35:23 6,453 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    @breakablepants I'm not even sure what the new raid lair is supposed to be. Goes live this evening, guess I'll be checking some streams.

There is other stuff that needs to happen. Heroic strikes need modifiers, Mercury needs some public event other than Crossroads, and how about bringing back random weapon perks? My main rifle is Call to Serve, but admittedly Triple Tap is pretty useless. Outlaw is much better, but the only weapon I've found with it so far was too cumbersome.

I do have the feeling that, once more expansions hit, Destiny 2 will eventually get enough content, like Destiny did. But how long will it be? Another year? Maybe even two?
  • breakablepants 8 Dec 2017 11:54:04 756 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    @Malek86 Agreed. The new stuff and the tweaks are welcome, but they don't really go far enough. The DLC was just so stupidly easy it was like getting a starter when you are expecting a main meal.

As well as randomised perks, I think that we should have to use a weapon to unlock its perks - re-introduce the grind from D1. That way you might get some affinity for some of the other weapons.

I've said it before, Exotics should be much, much rarer. I've played the DLC for 6 hours, and got 3 exotics for no effort at all. That's mental and totally demeans the collect-em-all idea of having them in the game.

There's definitely been progress, but it just feels like there needs to be a more radical rebalancing than there has been so far. Hopefully, they are feverishly working on it.

And as other people have said, this all feels like an exercise in how not to community manage a game. I always sympathise with Deej etc who must be sick of the abuse they get all the time - but FFS, it shouldn't be this hard to tell people how you plan to improve the game that they care about so much.
  • Technoishmatt 9 Dec 2017 01:25:11 2,140 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    FYI, HDR is working on the X.
  • ChiefGB 9 Dec 2017 09:08:49 7,398 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Yes, we all know. Thanks for the update.
  • y2rich 9 Dec 2017 10:33:31 3,165 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Raid lair was good fun. About half a standard length raid but a bunch of new mechanics. We tried 5 manning it but ran into a brick wall near the end
  • ozthegweat 9 Dec 2017 11:04:45 1,634 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    FYI: the PS4 HDR bug will be fixed with next Tuesday's 1.1.1 update.
  • Malek86 9 Dec 2017 12:13:42 6,453 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I think there's something wrong with Heroic adventures? It says you can play one per day, but two days ago I played all three back to back, and yesterday I couldn't play any.
  • ChiefGB 9 Dec 2017 20:44:05 7,398 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Yeah, I thought it said one a day too, but did all 3 day one.
  • mothercruncher 10 Dec 2017 16:33:05 14,231 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
  • GarlVinland 11 Dec 2017 10:22:32 2,314 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Skill Up is really good, bang on with this. Especially chime with what he says about the developers selling the game as a fresh start from D1, but in fact just took that and stripped bits out that they're now selling back to us. I wonder how much I'd have to pay to get it back to parity with D1 near its end? I think I've reached the point where I no longer wish to find out.
  • breakablepants 11 Dec 2017 12:34:45 756 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    that vid could do with 50% less hyperbole.
  • LittleSparra 11 Dec 2017 12:40:22 7,153 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    You say 50%, I say 100000000%!
  • breakablepants 11 Dec 2017 12:42:07 756 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    @GarlVinland Yes, he makes his points well (although could have trimmed 22 minutes off and still have said the same things).

It's absolutely true that effectively, the DLC adds back-in things that we had anyway in D1. And to have locked people out from that is utterly idiotic. Plus, they managed to introduce a weapon that's so OP that there is literally no point playing it until they do some kind of major weapon re-balance.

Oh, and their idea to fix that is to give everyone the chance to own it thanks to Xur.

Cheers Bungie.
  • breakablepants 11 Dec 2017 12:44:08 756 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Also - it's not procedural generation if the sections repeat, just in a slightly different order. Sorry, that's just Activision trying it on with some PR bollocks.
  • TheMilkman 11 Dec 2017 12:44:29 557 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    He's bang on with the infinite forest. That's just a bit of a disaster is that. It's awful, and it has the added bonus of showing up how poor the enemy AI is.

That was Bungies 'thing' for years as well, good AI.

Edited by TheMilkman at 12:44:56 11-12-2017
  • Malek86 11 Dec 2017 13:23:48 6,453 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I wanted to gather someone from the PC clan to attempt the Trials of the Nine, but then I remembered about the Prometheus Lens... maybe next week then.

Edited by Malek86 at 13:23:58 11-12-2017
  • breakablepants 11 Dec 2017 13:52:16 756 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    @Malek86 They fixed the bug, but it's still stupidly overpowered. I was using my usual Scathelocke / Uriel's Gift set-up and lost head-to-head shoot-outs every time.

I don't see how they fix it without a significant-enough nerf to make it pointless to use apart for boss battles. Which would make it identical to Cold Fusion.
  • Telepathic.Geometry 13 Dec 2017 01:38:41 12,418 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I think Skill Up was bang on, I wouldn't call it hyperbole at all. Here's the way it was going to be (and thank Zeus' beard Bungie was forced to fix this shit):

Post Curse of Osiris for Vanilla players:

Your raid experience: Now you can't finish the Acrius shotgun quest. You can't get the (in my opinion) sick prestige raid armor. You can't get the aura, and the "normal mode" raid enemies are prestige difficulty tanky/tough.

Your PvP experience: You can not play Trials of the Nine or Iron Banner any more. You can't get the weapons or the gear. Your quickplay player base goes way down.

Your PvE experience: You can't do prestige Nightfall any more, so no aura. You can't participate in faction rally. Half of Xur's stock is irrelevant to you now. Sometimes you can't play nightfall if the strike is CoO.

Don't get me wrong, I still play daily, have the DLC and enjoy it. But people with Vanilla only shouldn't get fucked like this. They have every right to be outraged that so much of the game that they paid for has been stripped away for vacuous in-game reasons. I don't use the word "scam" lightly, but this is straight up a disgusting scam. Bungie is disgusting.

The weirdest thing is, I don't understand why. There are new PvP maps, new strikes, new weapons, new gear, new exotics, a new raid and new ornaments. I think that there are plenty of reasons for people to jump on to the DLC, without trying to strong arm people...
  • Malek86 13 Dec 2017 10:35:46 6,453 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    So how does the Forge work exactly, do you only get one prophecy per week?

Since apparently you only get materials while you are holding a prophecy, I figure it would be better to wait until near the weekly reset to forge a weapon?

Edited by Malek86 at 10:36:06 13-12-2017
  • Page

of 98 First / Last

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.