Destiny 2 - read first post for clan info Page 82

• Page

of 86 First / Last

• Billy-Daniels 11 Oct 2017 16:20:24 51 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 5 months ago
    Very interesting, cheers for that.

Sounds like Warframe might be my sort of thing. I've heard that they're releasing an open world expansion soon which makes it an even more tempting proposition.
  • breakablepants 12 Oct 2017 10:29:56 736 posts
    Seen 5 days ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Billy-Daniels wrote:
    In vanilla Destiny everybody wanted to raid mostly because of the loot but the actual raid itself was fun as well. We had around 12 regulars fighting for 6 places or we'd have two teams doing seperate raids.

This kept us playing up to the Dark Below dlc and much further.

Now we struggle to get 3 people together for a raid. The loot is crap and most people realise they can get powerful gear from doing public events. The social aspect of Destiny is the most important part and now that people don't want to raid our tightly knit group has fallen apart. Even the Destiny obsessed members of our group have stopped playing which says a lot about the current state of Destiny 2.

I'm thinking of finally giving Warframe a go, hoping the endgame in that is as good as people say it is.
    I still think that doing the raid is the most enjoyment to be had, but I do agree that this raid really does strain the concept of 'fun'. I can only think that for people who have not played Destiny before, and so already know that the Raid is an excercise in patience and frustration, will be bewildered that this is meant to be the best thing in the whole game. I hope the team at Bungie are working on some new ideas for the DLC, and not just more of the same.
  • Big-Swiss 12 Oct 2017 11:21:25 9,149 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    I hope we will get matchmaking for Nightfall and the Raid at some Point.
  • Bichii 12 Oct 2017 23:27:21 102 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 3 months ago
    Over 100 hours out into the PvE so far. Think I'm pretty much done. Will just occasionally raid, do weekly NF and occasional PvP. In a month I've killed over 20,000 a.i.

Disappointing game overall but a step in the right direction compared to vanilla destiny.
  • voden 12 Oct 2017 23:42:01 371 posts
    Seen 13 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Pretty much done with this too. All characters are 305 so what's the point in playing? Each set of armor is the same as the last set but looks a bit different. The game needs some proper end game content with end game loot. I used to raid in eq and wow and the loot made it worthwhile. The raid loot in the leviathan raid is shit, only the rocket is worth having. I did love the game until this point to be fair, just needs more to do at level cap.
  • ecu 13 Oct 2017 07:44:55 80,052 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    They’d got it right in Y3 Destiny 1. No idea why they changed it tbh. I know D2 was already well in to development by the time a lot of those QoL changes were made but they should have taken the feedback from D1 in to consideration.
  • ChiefGB 13 Oct 2017 08:24:20 7,138 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Yeah, the raid is one of the worst for me, struggle to describe it as fun. My team is up to calus, it's nice to finally get a boss though.
  • Graxlar_v3 13 Oct 2017 08:26:58 232 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 4 weeks ago
    @ChiefGB once you have it down it becomes a lot more fun. It took a few weeks (20 hours) to get the first run done but we have now finished it three weeks in a row whilst swapping out a few members here and there.
  • ecu 13 Oct 2017 08:54:17 80,052 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    I like the raid, except the gauntlet. Gauntlet is ok, it’s not like the design is broken, it’s just boring.

Also the loot system is fucking awful. Again, WotM got loot system perfect, all stuff that was completely ignored for D2.
  • Switch024 13 Oct 2017 10:00:07 1,951 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    I enjoy the raid but only now everyone knows what they're doing and we can run it in an hour or so. Considering all the raids up to this point I think it's easily the worst of the bunch.
  • Graxlar_v3 13 Oct 2017 10:01:55 232 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 4 weeks ago
    @ecu which side of gauntlet you doing? i am one of the rats and love it.
  • Graxlar_v3 13 Oct 2017 10:02:47 232 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 4 weeks ago
    Switch024 wrote:
    I enjoy the raid but only now everyone knows what they're doing and we can run it in an hour or so. Considering all the raids up to this point I think it's easily the worst of the bunch.
    yeah, completely agree with this. (though it takes us 2/2.5 hours) WoTM (even with aksis pt 2) was the best.
  • Switch024 13 Oct 2017 10:44:42 1,951 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    It's closer to two hours if we go back in for the chests, sometimes takes us longer to get those than some of the encounters as we always get lost. :|
  • y2rich 13 Oct 2017 11:18:04 3,095 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    We did our 2nd raid completion on Tuesday and took us under an hour total. Once you know it it’s an absolute breeze
  • Switch024 13 Oct 2017 11:22:58 1,951 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Yeah, laughable how quickly the Gardens gets done now. After spending hours there getting nowhere in the first week we're now in and out in 5 minutes.
  • JiveHound 13 Oct 2017 11:33:37 8,792 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I have a Raid weapon for each slot now so cheers clan mates. I'll do a raid one day, perhaps.
  • y2rich 13 Oct 2017 11:50:30 3,095 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    @Switch024 yup same for us. Only thing that might slow is a dog suddenly getting a sense of smell and finding us in the bushes 50ft behind him.

Our lot can one cycle baths and dogs now, comfortable get through gauntlet within two attempts and then we hit the RNG BS of the Calus fight which makes it hit or miss.
  • Graxlar_v3 13 Oct 2017 11:58:53 232 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 4 weeks ago
    @JiveHound we run it at least once a week and tend to have new people in one of the slots so you are more than welcome to join a run through.
  • [maven] 13 Oct 2017 12:10:21 5,528 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    y2rich wrote:
    [snip]then we hit the RNG BS of the Calus fight which makes it hit or miss.
    What RNG BS?
  • JiveHound 13 Oct 2017 12:15:43 8,792 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Graxlar_v3 wrote:
    @JiveHound we run it at least once a week and tend to have new people in one of the slots so you are more than welcome to join a run through.
    What sort of time commitment are they down to now? If it's only a couple of hours now then I may jump in next time you need an extra gun.
  • Graxlar_v3 13 Oct 2017 12:26:26 232 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 4 weeks ago
    @JiveHound yeah it is a few hours... we can get through the three trials in about an hour then we bang out heads against a wall with calus (though we are getting better)
  • y2rich 13 Oct 2017 12:44:16 3,095 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    @[maven] psions on the shadow bit. We’ve been wiped a huge number of times by one disappearing behind cover or two of them firing their launching grenades the instant they spawn in
  • ModoX 13 Oct 2017 13:13:38 2,824 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Billy-Daniels wrote:
    Very interesting, cheers for that.

Sounds like Warframe might be my sort of thing. I've heard that they're releasing an open world expansion soon which makes it an even more tempting proposition.
    I bounced off it a while ago (it doesn't explain your goals at all) but I've gone back to it this week and I've cracked it now and am really enjoying it!

Er, this is the Destiny thread, I should talk about Destiny... yeah I did some IB, I got dropped into a 3 man team (inc me) that was losing 16-79. That pretty much sums up my IB experience!
  • [maven] 13 Oct 2017 14:30:01 5,528 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    y2rich wrote:
    @[maven] psions on the shadow bit. We’ve been wiped a huge number of times by one disappearing behind cover or two of them firing their launching grenades the instant they spawn in
    From what we've seen, that seems controllable: The outside lanes shoot the psions on the opposite side (which means they can hit them behind cover). Of course people need to be on the ball when they spawn in (and preferably used something with high-calibre rounds for stagger) so they can't use their launching grenades.
  • y2rich 13 Oct 2017 14:47:22 3,095 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    @[maven] aye the problem is they can also zip straight across to the other side making them very difficult to hit and not reliably in a place to shoot in time whilst also getting the projections. And if two of them fire grenades as they spawn you’re done
  • ecu 15 Oct 2017 22:42:45 80,052 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Solo iron banner is just fucking horrendous. Must have lost 15 games in a row, every round it matches you against fireteam clans of at least 3-4 players. It’s crazy how bad this multiplayer is.
  • xenicus 16 Oct 2017 00:11:47 4 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 1 week ago
    Hi all. I'm trying to find a regular raid team. I'm all for helping people learn the raid but there is a point ( 4 hours trying to the do the gauntlet ) where it becomes too much. Though full disclosure, I'm yet to beat Calus myself.

I don't want to do LFG, I'd like a weekly semi regular raid team of the same 6 people. Does anyone have any ideas. The LFG model is good but you need the same team week in week out.

Thanks!
  • telboy007 16 Oct 2017 08:40:17 2,021 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Although people will assume PS4. It's handy to say what platform. :)
  • xenicus 16 Oct 2017 08:45:24 4 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 1 week ago
    @telboy007 indeed, apologies PS4.

I'm also looking for any raid recruitment sites that I've overlooked. LFG is just a mad cumulative waste if effort. I think with a regular team you could do the raid in two hours. With LFG your lucky to do it in 12. There must be a better solution. Something where you can state your preferred raiding times and get matched up with the same people on a recurring basis.
  • Graxlar_v3 16 Oct 2017 08:46:44 232 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 4 weeks ago
    @xenicus check the front page for clan info.
  • Page

of 86 First / Last

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.