Lego Worlds - PS4, Xbox One & PC Page 2

• Page

of 2 First / Last

Next
  • CompetitiveDad 19 Mar 2017 17:19:12 7,008 posts
    Seen 49 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I'm still loving this but it's a buggy mess at the minute. The patch seems to have solved the save corrupted file but I have an audio glitch were the narrative just repeats itself over and over. Haha.

Also the pop in is horrific. I'm not sure if that can be sorted in a patch.

Edited by CompetitiveDad at 17:47:24 19-03-2017
  • barchetta 19 Mar 2017 23:20:32 1,622 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Yes, definitely needs sone optimization work. Not compared it to console so perhaps PC performance is somewhat more stable (and had longer gestation).

I did see some pretty horrendous slow down when my youngest and his friend were pkaying this afternoon. Granted split screen Lego games have always been somewhat capricious but 15fps for quite prolonged periods was a surprise. Having played sone solo with max draw distance and highest textures and still hitting 60fps at 1440p I think the local multiplayer code needs some work.

Up to around 43 gold blocks so far and worlds are getting quite large. Will have to start some custom builds soon as I've captured quite a few of those bricks dropped by the green meanies.
  • Waffleaber 20 Mar 2017 12:48:55 660 posts
    Seen 22 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    I bought this yesterday and played through a bit with my lad (9). There's a fun game in here to be sure (he loved building an Isengard-esque monstrosity then jumping into the volcano) but the tug-of-war camera and fiddly landscaping tool are a bit frustrating.

As far as bugs go I've had one crash to desktop and when my lad discovered the landscaping tool it then disappeared from our inventory for about 10 minutes before mysteriously reappearing.

I also couldn't get back in the spaceship after I'd got all the gold bricks in the level but I think that might be because I was playing as a guest?
  • wuntyphyve 20 Mar 2017 13:04:21 8,726 posts
    Seen 9 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Waffleaber wrote:

I also couldn't get back in the spaceship after I'd got all the gold bricks in the level but I think that might be because I was playing as a guest?
    I noticed that too, I think its only the main player that is allowed to blast off.

I've not gone back to this but the boy still loves it. He's starting to get the hang of building stuff now as well. Given it's price point I think its fine enough but they do need to do a bit of bug squashing for certain.
  • Malek86 20 Mar 2017 14:35:37 5,710 posts
    Seen 9 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    This is already 12 euro on CDKeys. Can't argue with that price, but is there any decent single player content?
  • barchetta 20 Mar 2017 23:37:09 1,622 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Decent as in 'levels' like the traditional Lego games? Not so much. From my experience so far, it is much less focused on presenting a story and more like a string of increasingly large worlds in which you build an inventory of pieces to build more complex constructions.

Perhaps more akin to the toybox mode in the Toy Story 3 game.

I don't see a way yet of building custom vehicles like Banjo Kazooie or Scrap Mechanic, which is a shame. Though building Lego streets and houses would make quite a VR experience. Particulary with some choice DLC 'real' sets.

I went with CD Keys too - already had my 10 quids worth and still keen to see some of the larger worlds.

Ultimately though, no story more some set pieces to provide the tools needed and away you go.

Incidentally, you can apparently fast-track your way to a full set of bricks via a code rather than play your way to a full library which I'm feeling is going to take a hell of a long time.
  • Matt36 21 Mar 2017 01:30:47 2,015 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I've been playing this since launch but I don't think I'm enjoying it. I really wanted to but I'm not creative enough. I've visited a fair few "Worlds" and it becomes a bit samey.

I dunno what I was expecting, really.
  • northernlights 21 Mar 2017 08:37:03 911 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    The more I play this the less I like it. The Camera is very bad and it's far too fidly a game control wise to enjoy. Could of been so good.
  • barchetta 21 Mar 2017 09:20:03 1,622 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    The camera seems to be at it's worst when digging down (usually for a treasure chest), with any of the available sizes of 'removal marquees'. In such tight confines I find it gives very little in the way of a useful view and I have to stop and reposition myself before continuing.

Actually, simply digging for treasure under their respective light shafts becomes a bit of a bore, and I noticed that most chests can be found by spelunking - even if that means falling from the edge of a map and climbing down/across to get into a cave that has an open side someway down the edge of a map. Quite a disconcerting but useful feature!
  • oelikoelie 24 Mar 2017 21:34:47 2 posts
    Seen 4 months ago
    Registered 4 months ago
    O man this game has some real issues on my Xbox. Some just need to be fixed soon, let's say the 11% hangup at startup.
    Renaming a planet is gone after reload. That is really a bummer. You cannot create and empty world without characters and animals. Also a let down. The rendering of the bigger worlds is horrible. That little green man cant be set off after i got 120 gold bricks. And if i want to build i dont want to constantly hear: bluduludlud! The menu structure is horrible. building items takes forever because some plants are here and there inbetween lamps and other things. just plain stupid. there are some stupid limitations with building and colouring that shouldnt be so timeconsuming to do when building..
    And there is not much story there , but that is not one of my personal problems.. im here to build cool stuff :p
    Im sure i forget someting else but these are the main issues.

That being said, you would expect me to put it aside. But there is such a cool base here that it is so tempting to build further on my base i created after i settled at a cool rock with all blocks and things there are to find. So, i pray for patches soon becuse i do love this game a lot, even with all the issues. It looks a million bucks and the builder underneath the controll and search issues, is way cool, Building with all kinds of illuminassence blocks is pretty cool. making invisible or glowing roads, and signs, Even with the limitations its way fun to build if you go around the bugs and issues. So, it needs tlc and help. But i love what i see still. so mixed feelings,,

Edited by oelikoelie at 21:39:24 24-03-2017
  • Jamesfish13 26 Mar 2017 10:17:42 3 posts
    Seen 4 weeks ago
    Registered 4 months ago
    Okay I've got this for PS4, and I know it may seem a bit stupid, I've been really enjoying the game, but I am in Candyland, and I can't seem to work out how to get the cherries to go into the mans pie, does anyone know, I'm beginning to get frustrated.
  • CompetitiveDad 26 Mar 2017 11:59:40 7,008 posts
    Seen 49 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @Jamesfish13 you have to travel to other worlds to collect them doing other quests then go back.
  • Jamesfish13 26 Mar 2017 15:28:48 3 posts
    Seen 4 weeks ago
    Registered 4 months ago
    Ok thanks so much, what other worlds?
  • CompetitiveDad 26 Mar 2017 17:03:06 7,008 posts
    Seen 49 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @Jamesfish13 go back to your shuttle and select another world. Think you may have to reach 10 gold bricks first.
  • gooner77 27 Mar 2017 09:07:39 1,175 posts
    Seen 24 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    This seems to crash almost every time I play Co op mode with my son. Think we're going to give up on this.
  • Jamesfish13 27 Mar 2017 10:20:32 3 posts
    Seen 4 weeks ago
    Registered 4 months ago
    I'm not giving up just yet, I've just found my 13th gold brick
  • barchetta 27 Mar 2017 12:06:11 1,622 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    I'm on to about 53 gold bricks - the worlds do get increasingly larger and more diverse though tasks are broadly similar so far.

Seems very stable on PC and in split screen too, which is something of a surprise following my usual console based play of older Lego games. Some big frame rate drops occassionally but not had a crash yet.

So much so that I'm thinking Lego city will be a PC purchase too.
  • johnberger 27 Mar 2017 14:40:26 24 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 4 months ago
    My kids will be happy though :D
  • oelikoelie 1 Apr 2017 16:14:04 2 posts
    Seen 4 months ago
    Registered 4 months ago
    I am at 130 gold bricks. The gold bricks are easy to get.

But now they released the update for the Xbox One and it is still rubbish. the game still freezes at 11% at startup.

Pls devs, get your head out of your ars*** and fix some things here. It's beginning to get frustrated.
  • Page

of 2 First / Last

Next

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.