PSVR Page 3

• Page

of 212 First / Last

• dpezzer 27 Sep 2016 09:47:09 143 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    @Tremulant86

My thoughts exactly you would hope there'd have been a release date by now!.

Did think that No man's sky would scratch the space itch ....yeah we all know how that turned out!
  • Tremulant86 27 Sep 2016 10:08:17 28 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    @dpezzer Ha I'm with you on that! I was just looking it up and apparently it came out on Xbox One 6th October last year, you wouldn't have thought that any timed exclusive would be more than a year would you? Hopefully we will hear something soon then!
  • Ultrasoundwave 27 Sep 2016 12:41:05 5,467 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    dpezzer wrote:
    Has anybody heard any news on Elite being released for the PS4?.

The thought of Elite+psvr+pro enhancements is gaming nirvana to me.
    This is my big concern for PSVR.

I pre-ordered it as soon as Shopto had them up and I've been looking forward to it ever since. I am concerned that the PS4 Pro is a secret "PSVR runs properly on this machine" upgrade though.

Considering PSVR games need to run at ridiculous framerates, I guess it's unavoidable that PSVR performance will be better on the Pro.....I just hope it doesn't make the standard PS4 performance look like laughing stock.
  • mangojoe 27 Sep 2016 13:45:45 1,104 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I doubt it as all the demo ones are on ps4.....supposedly
  • TPReview 27 Sep 2016 14:39:07 1,177 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    At EGX all the PSVRs were either on a PS4 or possibly a PC (I know Sony used to run a lot of their demos on PC) - the only PS4Pro was the one in the glass case helpfully not plugged in to anything.
  • Ultrasoundwave 27 Sep 2016 14:47:51 5,467 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Yeah - I'm not saying PSVR can't run on a standard PS4. I'm concerned that there will be a significant difference between how it runs on PS4 and PS4 Pro (better framerates, resolutions, etc).

For example, I've heard from various sources that, apparently, Resident Evil 7 looks noticeably worse in PSVR : the resolution is apparently 720p and a lot of the textures and lighting looks poor.

It hasn't been confirmed yet, but what if Resi 7 looks amazing and runs perfectly (in PSVR) on the Pro?
  • monkman76 27 Sep 2016 14:58:55 11,577 posts
    Seen 5 days ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    If nothing else, if a VR game is sub-1080p on the base PS4 it will surely be 1080p on the Pro. We know the Pro can do significantly higher resolutions on a TV, so it stands to reason. Framerate is another thing, especially with every VR game needing to hit 60 at a minimum.
  • 1Dgaf 27 Sep 2016 15:02:17 4,857 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Someone on Reddit pointed out that PS4 Pro and PSVR were always meant to work together - that's why their code names were Neo and Morpheus. Like in the Matrix.

I wish I'd spotted that.
  • Derblington 27 Sep 2016 15:07:12 28,665 posts
    Seen 34 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    That really doesn't mean anything.
    Codenames often share concepts depending on who picks them, the family they belong to, etc. Developing two new formats at the same time is enough reason, there's nothing more to be read into them.
  • gamingdave 27 Sep 2016 15:11:16 4,639 posts
    Seen 25 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Thinking I may cancel my pre-order, or pass it on to someone. I too am concerned about the Pro making a noticeable difference.

Trade in the PS4 for a Pro, add in Camera and Move controllers, and I am almost at the price of a Vive.

I am tempted by DriveClub and Rez though.
  • SomaticSense 27 Sep 2016 15:34:17 14,922 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Derblington wrote:
    That really doesn't mean anything.
    Codenames often share concepts depending on who picks them, the family they belong to, etc. Developing two new formats at the same time is enough reason, there's nothing more to be read into them.
    Well, aside from the common sense that the Pro might exist exist because PS4 might need an upgrade to see the best of VR. It's hell of a coincidence that PSVR gets announced > tech sites everywhere wonder if the PS4 can handle it without severe graphics dropoffs > Sony: btw guys we're making a newer, more capable PS4 that will happen to launch right when PSVR is being rolled out.

I mean, we don't know for sure, but it's a sensible assumption given the above events that the names might bear some significance.
  • monkman76 27 Sep 2016 15:47:10 11,577 posts
    Seen 5 days ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    SomaticSense wrote:
    the Pro might exist because PS4 might need an upgrade to see the best of VR.
    It *will* need an upgrade to see the best of VR. That much cannot be in question. Heck, a 980Ti needs an upgrade to see the best of VR.

Edited by monkman76 at 15:47:22 27-09-2016
  • Derblington 27 Sep 2016 16:05:29 28,665 posts
    Seen 34 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    @SomaticSense

I'm not disputing that the tech is designed to work together - we know it is. I don't think either exists as a result of the other though, and I certainly don't think that their code-names prove that they do.

Codenames are in place so that leaks are prevented, nothing more.
  • aaron0288 27 Sep 2016 16:26:37 574 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I can't imagine there being a huge difference really. Besides, frame rate is the main thing with VR and Sony aren't accepting any games that run below the desired frame rate. Resolution will most likely be a factor, as will what developers can produce in the future, but even then, Sony have said that all games made for pro must be available (and run) on ps4 too. The experience, which is what vr is all about, will be just as good.

Way I see it, save your money, forget about the pro, buy PSVR for your PS4 and wait for the full fat PS5 and 2nd gen VR headset. I do not see the performance gains of pro over ps4 worth the money right now.
  • monkman76 27 Sep 2016 16:30:30 11,577 posts
    Seen 5 days ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Resolution is hugely important too. The screens (2 x 1080p I believe) are a couple of cm from your eyes! 720p will look rough as hell unless it's very cleverly stylised.
  • cjb_bjc 27 Sep 2016 21:16:49 1,834 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Has anyone tried it? I'm tempted but kinda want a go first
  • sickpuppysoftware 27 Sep 2016 22:00:30 1,447 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    I'd certainly like to try before I buy and aren't fussed abut getting it on release date. Hopefully stores will have trial setups because it doesn't look like Sony or anyone else cares about tempting people in Northern Ireland.
  • Gregolution 27 Sep 2016 22:08:19 8,377 posts
    Seen 44 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    gamingdave wrote:
    Thinking I may cancel my pre-order, or pass it on to someone. I too am concerned about the Pro making a noticeable difference.

Trade in the PS4 for a Pro, add in Camera and Move controllers, and I am almost at the price of a Vive.

Not really. You're at about half the price of a Vive... and a Vive without a PC is useless.
  • IronGiant 27 Sep 2016 22:15:25 5,538 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    This looks promising..

http://www.expertreviews.co.uk/ps4-games/1405187/robinson-the-journey-review-hands-on-with-one-of-psvrs-most-promising-games

I'm sure when the Pro is out in the wild we'll get plenty of comparisons between the PS4 and Pro with VR games. Ive not read of the Pro being used in any of the hands on previews, looking forward to Battlezone personally :)
  • MARKIV 27 Sep 2016 23:35:52 107 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Shame Robinson The Journey still no release date. It was originally penned for the 13th Oct.

Only 16 days togo, yet can't seem to find Eve: Valkyrie for pre-order and Battlezone is 49.99 pretty much everywhere.
  • gamingdave 28 Sep 2016 11:22:43 4,639 posts
    Seen 25 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Gregolution wrote:
    gamingdave wrote:

Not really. You're at about half the price of a Vive... and a Vive without a PC is useless.
    If I was to pay approx 200 to upgrade to the Pro (looking at eBay prices for second hand units), add in the Camera and Move, than add on the cost for the PSVR I'm at 630. So only 150 short.

Sure the Vive needs the PC, but I already have that. A slightly silly price comparison I know, but it's the situation I am in.
  • aaron0288 28 Sep 2016 11:22:53 574 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Think they have to be careful with the prices of the games. At the moment, I'm reluctant to pre order any and stick to the demos and lower priced games (worlds, batman). I just can't justify spending 50 on what would in any other case be a 15 ps plus game (battle zone I'm talking about).

I feel the tech demos will be enough for me for a while. The battlefront mission will be free as long as you have the game, and with the cinema mode, I think these things will tide me over until we get some proper games. Robinson is certainly one I'm looking forward to.

For anyone else getting PSVR, know that VR support is being patched in to war thunder for release and a good chunk of that is free to play. Very much looking forward to flying a spitfire in VR!
  • McGeeza 28 Sep 2016 11:34:33 1,778 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    aaron0288 wrote:
    I just can't justify spending 50 on what would in any other case be a 15 ps plus game (battle zone I'm talking about).
    Maybe a bit harsh. The reviews may prove me wrong but from what I've seen, BZ looks like it has a fair amount of content. A randomly generated hex map campaign mode that can be played in co-op. 9 different tanks with upgrades etc. PS4 games were 50 for a month or two after launch too remember. I'm not pre-ordering any games though and you are right to be cautious.
  • mangojoe 28 Sep 2016 11:57:09 1,104 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Oooh interested in War Thunder. Didn't though that existed
  • Stan546 28 Sep 2016 12:08:02 944 posts
    Seen 19 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    War Thunder might just save the pre-order
  • Blakester 28 Sep 2016 12:38:30 4,152 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    I've pre-ordered with Amazon and apparently getting mine on the 14th Oct.

I haven't tried any of the VR headsets, so going into the whole thing completely blind. To be honest I haven't been this excited about a new launch since the Wii. Slightly anxious though that it'll make me queasy.

I struggle to believe that Sony would launch the headset if it didn't work well with the standard PS4. Their install-base is what will make VR successful, so instantly pissing them off with tech that is too advanced for the console would kill their opportunity dead.

Anyhow, at the very least I'm excited to have a new piece of kit in the house in time for Christmas when all the family will get the chance to look ridiculous.
  • Bloobat 28 Sep 2016 13:00:03 860 posts
    Seen 18 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Interested to hear about Warthunder but wondering how they are going to get it running at a locked 60fps minimum? Would require some big changes to settings I think
  • beastmaster 28 Sep 2016 13:04:33 17,001 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Wonder what the 30 minute slot at GAME will include? I would expect it would be about 2-3 titles at a minimum.
  • cjb_bjc 28 Sep 2016 13:05:58 1,834 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    All games are always full price on release of new hardware! Why would they not?
  • MrMattAdz 28 Sep 2016 13:59:42 3,671 posts
    Seen 4 months ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Wait War Thunder is going to support PSVR? Why has there been literally no news about this whatsoever, that's going to be incredible.

I'm still going to hold off for a while to see how all the games I'm interested in play, but War Thunder support at launch is tempting me to jump in earlier.
  • Page

of 212 First / Last

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.