Post Poll... Britain decided to... Page 831

  • Page

    of 837 First / Last

  • 2old4disshit 7 Dec 2017 11:07:49 474 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    elstoof wrote:
    People don’t lease cars either, they buy them on PCP deals and end up spending more money than they otherwise would because of interest and trading in just after paying for the worst of the depreciation. So basically, we’re spending something like 50% more on the car than if you bought outright and kept it for 10 years, and once the pound hits rock bottom and there’s extra tarrifs to pay, that’ll go up to 100% or whatever.
    I wouldnt lease/pcp, the increase in the base cost of a car wont mean people are spending 100% more 'or whatever' though.
  • LittleSparra 7 Dec 2017 11:09:47 7,122 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    2old4disshit wrote:
    LittleSparra wrote:
    So, your point is... Cars being more expensive doesn't matter because some people rent them.

    Right?
    Silly questions will get silly answers. I'm not going to seriously engage with someone who thinks that we're going to start making all cars from British steel after Brexit.

    Perhaps cars will cost more after Brexit or perhaps they wont.
    Here is the sequence of your posts:

    You take issue with the idea that British cars will only be made with British steel, which is, astonishingly, a somewhat sensible position to take.

    To somehow support this, you branch off into 'satire' or genuine idiocy (Poe's Law) by saying that it's irrelevant, because people lease cars. Implication 1: rather than buying them, implication 2: cost of cars has no impact on lease rates.

    You then mock someone for being thick by saying 'my point was some people lease cars', and say 'you couldn't explain your way out of a paper bag'.

    Then, when you are challenged on the basic idiocy of your comment, it turns out it was a 'silly answer', i.e. 'satire', and also that 'never said leases wouldn't be affected', which is a direct undermining of your original point, silly or serious, whatever.

    Then you finish with an utterly vacuous 'perhaps X, perhaps Y', implication: I don't fucking know, shut up.

    And you wonder why people sneer at your posts?
  • JamboWayOh 7 Dec 2017 11:13:05 3,796 posts
    Seen 31 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I wouldn't say sneer, I would say openly mock him for the proper loft extension he is.
  • disusedgenius 7 Dec 2017 11:13:08 8,678 posts
    Seen 40 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Sometimes I wonder whether this stuff is some long-game plan to really cement our sense of superiority over the Leavers. Kinda like how ISIS care as much about cementing divisions as they are over the body count.
  • 2old4disshit 7 Dec 2017 11:14:46 474 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    I've said that car costs may go up. But it wont be because we start making cars from British Steel. What else can I say?
  • challenge_hanukkah 7 Dec 2017 11:16:48 5,325 posts
    Seen 10 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    JamboWayOh wrote:
    I wouldn't say sneer, I would say openly mock him for the proper loft extension he is.
    To be fair I sneered so hard my face dislocated.
  • reviewer 7 Dec 2017 11:18:41 4,782 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    2old4disshit wrote:
    I've said that car costs may go up. But it wont be because we start making cars from British Steel. What else can I say?
    And the relevance of your comment about leasing was what?
  • JamboWayOh 7 Dec 2017 11:23:13 3,796 posts
    Seen 31 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    2old4disshit wrote:
    I've said that car costs may go up. But it wont be because we start making cars from British Steel. What else can I say?
    Fucking hell you really should apply to work for the department of exiting Europe you'd really fit in.
  • 2old4disshit 7 Dec 2017 11:24:06 474 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    reviewer wrote:
    2old4disshit wrote:
    I've said that car costs may go up. But it wont be because we start making cars from British Steel. What else can I say?
    And the relevance of your comment about leasing was what?
    Already explained this in a previous post.
  • reviewer 7 Dec 2017 11:26:26 4,782 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Pretending you're smart by posting nonsense might work for trump but it's not doing much for you.
  • basmans_grob 7 Dec 2017 11:35:07 1,401 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    2old4disshit wrote:
    I've said that car costs may go up. But it wont be because we start making cars from British Steel. What else can I say?
    1) If British steel was cheaper we would already be using it.

    2) It British steel becomes cheaper than imports because of tarriffs then the price we pay for steel will be higher than now because of point 1.
  • Porko_Rossi 7 Dec 2017 11:37:52 43 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I think car costs would go up if british steel was used, for the same reason it's cheaper to import coal from China than from our own soil (employment costs, h&s, environmental laws, tax). Same goes for just about any manufacturing process in the UK, we can only compete with high-cost/performance/luxury goods such as british steel for critical machine parts/aerospace/bombs.
  • thelzdking 7 Dec 2017 11:43:51 6,467 posts
    Seen 26 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Thickos not realising they're thickos explains a lot about the world.
  • challenge_hanukkah 7 Dec 2017 11:48:20 5,325 posts
    Seen 10 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Post deleted
  • elstoof 7 Dec 2017 11:59:37 18,836 posts
    Seen 48 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Someone’s desperately needs a good underpinning
  • Decks Best Forumite, 2016 7 Dec 2017 12:01:40 11,363 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Absolute trouser press.
  • DamoVotf 7 Dec 2017 12:04:13 1,229 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Lol, all this from my one comment, which was said to me by an inlaw in response to higher tariffs.

    I do love the defence though, some sound logic there.
  • captbirdseye 7 Dec 2017 12:05:38 8,149 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    The Morris Minor is back!
  • JamboWayOh 7 Dec 2017 12:08:42 3,796 posts
    Seen 31 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    It never fucking left mate, just you wait, the streets will be full of legends like the Austin Allegro and the Mini Metro.
  • Porko_Rossi 7 Dec 2017 12:08:55 43 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
  • DamoVotf 7 Dec 2017 12:09:27 1,229 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    JamboWayOh wrote:
    It never fucking left mate, just you wait, the streets will be full of legends like the Austin Allegro and the Mini Metro.
    It will be the same cars though just buffed up a bit.
  • elstoof 7 Dec 2017 12:14:12 18,836 posts
    Seen 48 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Unfortunately those superior British designs from Austin are now owned by China, and the EU knows this which is why we can’t get the right kind of Brexit
  • thelzdking 7 Dec 2017 12:30:59 6,467 posts
    Seen 26 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    An EU-Chinese globalist conspiracy to stop Britian having the Rover 400s that built the empire.
  • Jono62 7 Dec 2017 12:33:55 18,436 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Don't be so worried, we've got jam to sell.
  • senso-ji 7 Dec 2017 12:40:25 8,127 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    My first car was an Austin Metro. It was a piece of shit, than god the Chinese took it off our hands.
  • captbirdseye 7 Dec 2017 12:42:47 8,149 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Jammy pig ears Morris Minors and Spitfires.
  • mothercruncher 7 Dec 2017 12:51:25 14,204 posts
    Seen 31 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    One of the worst cars to crash in ever the Metro, but even that was glorious. Not for us Brits the airbag, the crumple zone. No, we want proper all or nothing crashes, thick gobs of jam spurting from arteries.
    A proper Brit doesn’t want a womanly powdered face post airbag, no, he wants a proper Edward II skewering on a great British steering column.
  • thelzdking 7 Dec 2017 12:53:24 6,467 posts
    Seen 26 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Nigel Farage deliberately crashed that plane because that's what true Brits do.
  • Jono62 7 Dec 2017 12:54:02 18,436 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    And none of this power steering hoohah.
  • JamboWayOh 7 Dec 2017 12:55:56 3,796 posts
    Seen 31 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    "FOR QUEEN, COUNTRY AND RUSSIAN MONEY!!!!

    /Crashes into the heart of the Brussels machine
  • Page

    of 837 First / Last

Log in or register to reply

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.