Xbox One X Page 157

• Page

of 163 First / Last

• richardiox 3 Dec 2017 17:22:26 6,871 posts
    Seen 12 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    It's simply down to the console being way more of an upgrade on virtually all existing software than "slightly faster load times". Obviously a relatively small selection of games are currently 'x enhanced' but all software is improved.

I don't see your issue or your point.
  • Derblington 3 Dec 2017 17:30:20 29,900 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    No, probably because there wasn't an issue or point. It was a question.
  • VanillaLake 3 Dec 2017 18:53:36 547 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    richardiox wrote:
    Derblington wrote:
    VanillaLake wrote:
    ChiefGB wrote:
    The bottom line is both of these consoles are halfbaked
    Oh really? I thought X is a massive upgrade with the best console version of new (and old) games and hundreds of games enhanced already?
    By 'enhanced' are you just taking about slightly faster load times?
    By MSFT's definition they've patched maybe 20-30, right?
    Loads (hundreds) of non patched ("enhanced") games are improved on the X... Every game with dynamic resolution... Every game with sub 30/60 performance... The huge majority of Xbox One games fall into one of those categories.

And then literally every non X-enhanced game you boot on the system gets v sync and 16xAF. Also, as an example, Witcher 3 load times cut in half = "slightly faster"??

But you already knew this and are going too far the other ways to prove a point and deliberately underplaying the categorical performance boosts across the board...eg having to put the word "slightly" in.
    Hats off to you.

I should just call Derblington idiot or muppet, two of his favourite words, but I don't want to be a miserable person. We already have one around.
  • reggy72 3 Dec 2017 19:00:37 630 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Derb may as well sell the X, doesn't seem to be getting much enjoyment from it.
    Me I love it, for me along with the elite controller the best console I've had the pleasure to owe for a long time. The MS eco system suits me fine, a lot of those gems from the 360 era run great on base hardware or X, and the enhanced stuff is beautiful, Titanfall 2 has seen a lot of use this weekend, still brilliant and now flawless on the X.
  • Derblington 3 Dec 2017 19:23:55 29,900 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Fuck me. Some you need to be a bit less defensive of your box of wires.

I've never said I don't like it, where is this shit coming from? Find a single post where I've said that about the X. I've been playing the damn thing exclusively since I bought it. I didn't like the Xbox One original, at all, but the X is decent.
    I don't think the value proposition is as high as the PS4Pro unless you're already involved in the eco-system but that's not a slight of the machine itself. It's finally a focused gaming machine and includes a decent movie player, which is all I'm looking for in my console.

@Fruitcake They aren't my favourite words, treacle, they just describe you and your weird belief that I didn't buy one because I said I didn't think it'd be a problem to stand upright.
  • LittleSparra 3 Dec 2017 19:49:11 7,122 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Yeah, relax guys. This shit is stupid.

Edited by LittleSparra at 19:49:18 03-12-2017
  • VanillaLake 3 Dec 2017 20:05:57 547 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Derblington wrote:@Fruitcake They aren't my favourite words, treacle, they just describe you and your weird belief that I didn't buy one because I said I didn't think it'd be a problem to stand upright.
    You are not only a rude person but also have difficulty with reading comprehension.

Edited by VanillaLake at 20:06:13 03-12-2017
  • Derblington 3 Dec 2017 20:17:27 29,900 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    VanillaLake wrote:
    This is what you told me in the beginning but if you really have an X at home you should know that the right side of the console is flat as I explained just above so the top of the shelf or table where the console is on would block these vents if you don't use a stand.
    VanillaLake wrote:
    Derblington didn't buy an Xbox One X, he is lashing out against it since the beginning and everytime somebody says something positive about it he is the first one to come to the official Xbox One X thread to put a negative spin on it. Also, he complains about its price and that his friends are on PS so he prefers multiplatform games on PS4 Pro so why would he buy one, and why would he pay £500 for it as he said, including an import fee? It doesn't make any sense. Besides, he is not impressed by most X enhancements.
    How's that for reading comprehension?
  • cheese101 3 Dec 2017 21:30:25 743 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Derblington wrote:
    Fuck me. Some you need to be a bit less defensive of your box of wires.

I've never said I don't like it, where is this shit coming from? Find a single post where I've said that about the X. I've been playing the damn thing exclusively since I bought it. I didn't like the Xbox One original, at all, but the X is decent.
    I don't think the value proposition is as high as the PS4Pro unless you're already involved in the eco-system but that's not a slight of the machine itself. It's finally a focused gaming machine and includes a decent movie player, which is all I'm looking for in my console.

@Fruitcake They aren't my favourite words, treacle, they just describe you and your weird belief that I didn't buy one because I said I didn't think it'd be a problem to stand upright.
    Your right about the value proposition thatís for sure!
  • H1ggyLTD 3 Dec 2017 21:34:26 7,833 posts
    Seen 45 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    !!!!!!
  • Pierre2k 3 Dec 2017 22:26:09 895 posts
    Seen 14 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Well, not that I want to continue this outpouring of negativity, but whilst in absolutely loving the X1X experience generally over this first weekend with the machine, I'm not actually sure about the controller.....

Up front I'll note that I think the X360 controller is probably my favourite of all time with the only caveat being the horrible d-pad. I'd also say the Saturn pad, but it's not a 3D controller. I love the layout, the feel, and prefer the asymmetric analogue sticks over the PlayStation style.

The X1 pad, is great in terms of general form. The old layout I know and love after years on a Dual shock 4. In Forza 7 I also need to give a shout out to the haptic triggers. For me, they add so much to the racing experience and are more useful than a redundant track pad.

On the negative though, I hate the textured surface of the X1 pad bundled with my X1X. A really tough, sweaty and extremely cheap feeling plastic. The pad feel incredibly light and hollow as well. It's fine to use functionally but it just generally feels cheap and plasticy. Wouldnt say I prefer the Dualshock 4, but I probably preferred the old X360 pad that I still used on PC until recently when it broke.

Might have to consider and elite controller at some point in the future.

Edited by Pierre2k at 08:31:14 04-12-2017
  • Pierre2k 3 Dec 2017 22:26:53 895 posts
    Seen 14 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    On an unrelated note, of all the games on X360 to be backwards compatible....Doritos Crash Course!! 😀
  • VanillaLake 3 Dec 2017 23:55:12 547 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @Pierre2k I got the Elite controller with the Xbox One Elite (remember that?) and it is awesome. I really recommend it, it was the reason why I was playing most multiplatform games on Xbox One instead of on PS4 even though games performed a bit better on PS4, and now it's great that I can use it with Xbox One X. The regular Xbox One and PS4 controllers feel a bit cheap in comparison. I prefer the Xbox One controller layout and shape, the DualShock 4 is not bad but it's not as comfortable, in my opinion. I love the front buttons on DS4 but I dislike the triggers, the shape of the controller, the sticks and the battery life.
  • ChiefGB 4 Dec 2017 00:29:50 7,381 posts
    Seen 28 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Omg at least they ditched the original xb1 controllers. They were really cheap feeling, creaky things.
  • Ultrasoundwave 4 Dec 2017 08:51:10 5,617 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Pierre2k wrote:
    Well, not that I want to continue this outpouring of negativity, but whilst in absolutely loving the X1X experience generally over this first weekend with the machine, I'm not actually sure about the controller.....

Up front I'll note that I think the X360 controller is probably my favourite of all time with the only caveat being the horrible d-pad. I'd also say the Saturn pad, but it's not a 3D controller. I love the layout, the feel, and prefer the asymmetric analogue sticks over the PlayStation style.

The X1 pad, is great in terms of general form. The old layout I know and love after years on a Dual shock 4. In Forza 7 I also need to give a shout out to the haptic triggers. For me, they add so much to the racing experience and are more useful than a redundant track pad.

On the negative though, I hate the textured surface of the X1 pad bundled with my X1X. A really tough, sweaty and extremely cheap feeling plastic. The pad feel incredibly light and hollow as well. It's fine to use functionally but it just generally feels cheap and plasticy. Wouldnt say I prefer the Dualshock 4, but I probably preferred the old X360 pad that I still used on PC until recently when it broke.

Might have to consider and elite controller at some point in the future.
    If you have a One X (or any Xbox One for that matter) you need an Elite controller. Yeah, itís expensive....but itís the best controller on the market.
  • robthehermit 4 Dec 2017 09:14:51 6,209 posts
    Seen 45 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Ultrasoundwave wrote:

If you have a One X (or any Xbox One for that matter) you need an Elite controller. Yeah, itís expensive....but itís the best controller on the market.
    Until the rubber grips fall off. Happened to me twice now :(
  • telboy007 4 Dec 2017 09:38:16 2,146 posts
    Seen 21 seconds ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Talking to yourself is a sign of madness. Is replying to your alt account????
  • BiffTanner 4 Dec 2017 12:15:30 169 posts
    Seen 39 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    robthehermit wrote:
    Ultrasoundwave wrote:

Until the rubber grips fall off. Happened to me twice now :(
    Yes they seem to last about a year so far in my experience, first time it happened after 11 months so I had it replaced, and its just started to happen to again.
    A shame as I had hoped the first time is was down to early model build quality. Though it only happens on the left side of my pad.
  • Ror 4 Dec 2017 12:24:14 16,722 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    My Elite is going on two years old now and the grips are fine. It has recently developed a bit of an issue with the top-left paddle button though - the button seems to be a bit 'stuck'. I can still activate it with the paddle, but I have to press harder than I'd like and I don't get that reassuring click and depression.

I only use two paddles, so I've just switched to the bottom left one for now, but I'll probably get onto MS live chat and see how much it'll be to get it fixed. Other than that, the pad may as well be new.
  • VanillaLake 4 Dec 2017 12:33:04 547 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Mine must be one of the oldest Elite controllers since I got it in the Xbox One Elite pack which was available before the controller was and it's fine. If your Elite controller has an issue contact Microsoft and perhaps the guarantee will cover the issue.
  • robthehermit 4 Dec 2017 13:11:32 6,209 posts
    Seen 45 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Amazon replaced the first one, I haven't asked them about this one though. I've just ordered some replacement scuf grips instead.
  • stevethemeat 4 Dec 2017 13:17:00 879 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Same thing happened to mine, contacted Microsoft and they replaced it for me, that was a year ago, had no problems since.
  • Technoishmatt 4 Dec 2017 13:20:53 2,128 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    I've had zero issues with mine - lucky me! Had it since January 2016.

Edited by Technoishmatt at 13:21:56 04-12-2017
  • Pierre2k 4 Dec 2017 13:31:14 895 posts
    Seen 14 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Not sure how the rubber grips are attached and I may be oversimplifying, but could you not just glue the grips back on? I imagine some super glue might do the trick, albeit kill any warranty (if you're still within warranty, but then if you are, just get it replaced)?
  • jaangus 4 Dec 2017 13:39:59 5,265 posts
    Seen 14 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Pierre2k wrote:
    Not sure how the rubber grips are attached and I may be oversimplifying, but could you not just glue the grips back on? I imagine some super glue might do the trick, albeit kill any warranty (if you're still within warranty, but then if you are, just get it replaced)?
    No they warp. Same problem here took it back to argos and got sent a new one no questions asked.
  • Pierre2k 4 Dec 2017 14:13:24 895 posts
    Seen 14 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    That is pretty poor when it's a controller costing in excess of £100. Oh dear.
  • jaangus 4 Dec 2017 14:34:56 5,265 posts
    Seen 14 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    @Pierre2k get one from john lewis or argos and youll be fine. I couldnt go back to a normal controller and should really ebay my scorpio one.
  • TenderChicken 4 Dec 2017 19:23:23 3,476 posts
    Seen 5 days ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I've had one Elite Controller replaced when the rubber grip popped off - Amazon did it, refunded me the £120 and I got a new one for £90.

I've just bought my first 4k blu-ray, Planet Earth 2. It looks so good!
  • ChiefGB 4 Dec 2017 19:34:32 7,381 posts
    Seen 28 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Wow, yeah to hear of so many issues for a controller costing that much. Another reason for me to avoid, it's an absurd extravagance really. That said I did consider the £99 with a game offers recently as plus discount and removing the game out of it, its more manageable.
  • Mrsyms 4 Dec 2017 19:38:07 175 posts
    Seen 26 minutes ago
    Registered 10 months ago
    The elite controller is great for racing games. Using the paddles for the gears is excellent. Much better than any option available on a normal pad.
  • Page

of 163 First / Last

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.