Dishono(u)red 2 Page 28

• Page

of 29 First / Last

• TurkeyNeck 18 Sep 2017 08:59:08 101 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 9 months ago
    @smemma

In what way are you finding a ghost run different from D2? I've only played the first mission so I'm just curious.

Also I notice the 'No kills' trophy is missing from the list, though i guess it fits in with the character that it's not there and the fact we have contracts.
  • smemma 18 Sep 2017 09:21:15 564 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    @TurkeyNeck Don't get me wrong, it is very much iterative in many ways. Bizarrely, considering Billie's more built for speed, I'm taking it a lot slower than in Dishonoured 2 though.

I've winded up planning moves way in advance after getting Billie's powers; you can stack them to an extent so you wind up having to plan your escape route a bit more thoroughly. That said, the way you can combine them means you can also be far cheekier than in Dishonoured 2, so there are times when I'm really swift & slick, and generally end up laughing to myself for a sustained period when a ridiculous plan comes off!

Mission 3, should you take the really sneaky route, plays really differently too - but I don't want to spoil it for anyone! Bloody brilliant mission.
  • TurkeyNeck 18 Sep 2017 09:57:09 101 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 9 months ago
    @smemma

I'd just been given powers then had to call it a night so haven't had a chance to use them yet. Will have a few hours after work tonight to crack on with it.

I found D2 amazing, got the platinum trophy and was gutted when it was over. Got four runs out of it chasing different trophies, and each run felt so fresh using different strategies.

Would be an incredible shame if this was to be the last instalment.
  • smemma 18 Sep 2017 10:33:39 564 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    @TurkeyNeck I'd be absolutely gutted too - Rainbow Six addiction aside, D2 and this are absolutely my favourite PS4 games. I can't believe they haven't sold incredibly.

I squeezed a bunch of playthroughs out of D2 too, and this will be the same. In fact, some contracts are only doable when specifically playing Ghost or High Chaos, so there will be bits to do on my High Chaos run that I just couldn't do this time round. I'm avoiding spoilers entirely on this, but I've heard whispers that NG+ on this is pretty special - I look forward to finding out why...

I'm desperately telling everyone to buy this, as if that will help Arkane justify making more! Such stupidly good value for 15.
  • bighairybear65 18 Sep 2017 13:28:09 179 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Just a quickie!
    Do you have to play the first game to enjoy/get the second?
    So many games, so little time etc..
    Haven't played the first Dishnored, number two seems to be a tenner everywhere and fancy Prey too!
    (Like to be chronological etc)
    D1 looks too old, but guess it was last gen, something I'm trying to avoid at mo.. out with the old, in with the new and all that..
    Ta x
  • wuntyphyve 18 Sep 2017 13:32:11 9,475 posts
    Seen 19 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @bighairybear65 The remastered version of Dishonored looks great on PS4 imo. It ages well due to the art style.

It's all the same story / world / characters from Dishonored, through both expansions and into D2 then the new expansion. So to get the most out of it, yeah, I would do 1 and it's expansions first. It's bloody amazing anyway...
  • DUFFMAN5 18 Sep 2017 13:36:47 21,783 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    @bighairybear65
    Hi mate
    You should play the first period, brilliant game and indeed series of games.
  • Humperfunk 18 Sep 2017 13:39:56 6,876 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I'd definitely start with the first, just on the basis that it's bloody great, it sets the second up and it's cheap as fuck :)
  • Humperfunk 18 Sep 2017 13:41:27 6,876 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    In fact I haven't finished the second yet, got deja vu as I think I said this last week but I lent it to a mate earlier this year as started playing something else, he's just text me saying he's on the final mission, get in! Although fuck knows when I'll get round to playing it but definitely high on my list.
  • wuntyphyve 18 Sep 2017 13:43:57 9,475 posts
    Seen 19 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I'm itching to play the new expansion now it's sitting on my shelf but think I still have a fair bit to do in Prey. Another brilliant fucking game.
  • bighairybear65 18 Sep 2017 14:26:16 179 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Cheers for that, will start at number one it's in my PS4 library tbh, just walked past number 2 in the supermarket for a 10... shall/must resist! ;)
    Will start tonite thanx for input :)
  • TurkeyNeck 18 Sep 2017 14:26:19 101 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 9 months ago
    @bighairybear65

If like you said you aren't planning on playing any last gen games, don't let not playing D1 put you off playing D2. It's to good to miss out on. I get what you're saying about chronological order as I'm kinda the same, but if you decide not to play it because you have no intention of playing the original then it'd be a shame.

Besides you will probably pick up what happened in D1 during your playthrough of D2 anyway (if you aren't to fussed about spoilers) and it may even give you motivation to go back and play the first game.

Still, it goes without saying it'd be best to play them in order.
  • TurkeyNeck 18 Sep 2017 14:28:44 101 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 9 months ago
    @bighairybear65

What a waste of time my last post was haha 👍🏼
  • Furtive_Pygmy 18 Sep 2017 14:35:24 6,261 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Seem to have hit a wall in this, been wandering around Stilton's mansion for ages, looked everywhere (killed everyone, lol) and no idea how to progress.

I found Stilton in the past though, is it him I need to deal with (kill/knock out) to further the mission?
  • bighairybear65 18 Sep 2017 14:53:16 179 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @TurkeyNeck haha sorry mate, I was just seeing if it mattered, I have a serious backlog on PS4 I went digital quite a while ago and seem to have been doing nothing but buying cheap games (bloody psn sales!!) so as a way of trying to stop my addiction I decided to play this gen only, no more remastered etc.. seeing D2 on disc was very temping and thought fuck it start there and then onto Prey...
    Thinking about it now seems a daft idea, want the whole story just need to be patient as regards games... (something I'm not, hence ridiculous digital library!) ..
    We defiantly have been spoilt this gen, like I said so many games can't keep up 🙄
    Thanks anyways

Edited by bighairybear65 at 14:53:50 18-09-2017
  • wuntyphyve 18 Sep 2017 15:21:01 9,475 posts
    Seen 19 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @Furtive_Pygmy Did you witness the ritual?
  • TurkeyNeck 18 Sep 2017 15:42:28 101 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 9 months ago
    @Furtive_Pygmy

Find where Stilton is stood in the back court yard, there will be a notebook with what you're looking for on it. It's been a while so can't remember if you need to be in past or present (try both).

If you have already seen the ritual take place then I think you just need to leave the mansion the way you came in.
  • Furtive_Pygmy 18 Sep 2017 15:48:48 6,261 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I haven't seen the ritual.

I'll look for this note book then, cheers.
  • wuntyphyve 18 Sep 2017 15:50:17 9,475 posts
    Seen 19 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @Furtive_Pygmy It's right beside / behind him in the back courtyard iirc

Edited by wuntyphyve at 15:50:35 18-09-2017
  • JiveHound 18 Sep 2017 17:15:00 8,721 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Well since the Destiny blackout I started a new game for the flint and steel acheevo.

I forgot how lush the world was.
  • Furtive_Pygmy 18 Sep 2017 18:05:04 6,261 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    wuntyphyve wrote:
    @Furtive_Pygmy It's right beside / behind him in the back courtyard iirc
    Yeah cheers, I found it earlier, I'd looked everywhere inside and outside the mansion but somehow missed that Gazebo thing outside.
  • TurkeyNeck 18 Sep 2017 22:21:51 101 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 9 months ago
    Does anyone else play with the mission markers turned off? I find it much more enjoyable finding my own way to where I'm meant to go rather than just following an icon on the map.

The game does a good job of pointing you in the right direction with environmental markers and citizens chatting amongst themselves.

If anyone's interested in giving it a go, go into settings, HUD display then scroll right down to the bottom and turn it off (cant remember if its the very bottom one or 2nd from bottom)
  • JiveHound 19 Sep 2017 09:44:48 8,721 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    So going for the flint ans steel and I've encountered bugs I haven't seen before in my last two playthroughs.

Twice now it's kicked me back to the title screen in game. First time I didn't even make it to the character select, the second time just as I was about to stab some guard on dunwall street escape.

Anyone else having a similar issue?
  • DUFFMAN5 19 Sep 2017 09:52:55 21,783 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Yes mate. I posted about a while back and it is a known fault for some :(
    It happens to me every time I load it up, usually once but on occasion twice.
  • wuntyphyve 19 Sep 2017 09:54:00 9,475 posts
    Seen 19 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @TurkeyNeck Yup. Never have mission markers on. I hate them. I have as much turned off in game as possible. The maps are normally so beautifully designed I prefer to find my own way about. Alert markers as well, all that stuff. Off!
  • bighairybear65 19 Sep 2017 09:56:16 179 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Just a recap on my post, now playing D1 def edition, loving it, amazing world...
    Have to go I have an appointment with a certain High Overseer ;)
  • DUFFMAN5 19 Sep 2017 09:57:25 21,783 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    @bighairybear65
    Good man :)
  • wuntyphyve 19 Sep 2017 10:18:20 9,475 posts
    Seen 19 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @bighairybear65 Nice, glad you are enjoying it :)
  • JiveHound 19 Sep 2017 10:19:09 8,721 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    DUFFMAN5 wrote:
    How peculiar. A bit annoying I must say. Still, I'm really enjoying being in this world again. It's a good job as being stealthy stabby takes patience so it's nice to be able to take in the sights while you're waiting for a guard to get into position.

I'm enjoying messing with people predator style, whispering 'over here' before chucking a guard's headless mate off a balcony and landing in his lap.

Edited by JiveHound at 10:20:05 19-09-2017
  • DUFFMAN5 19 Sep 2017 10:31:49 21,783 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    JiveHound wrote:
    DUFFMAN5 wrote:
    How peculiar. A bit annoying I must say. Still, I'm really enjoying being in this world again. It's a good job as being stealthy stabby takes patience so it's nice to be able to take in the sights while you're waiting for a guard to get into position.
    Did you get the chevoe for dropping on a guard at the highest point and assassinating him ? I did but I must have tried about 10 times before I pulled it off! it was satisfying though ;)
  • Page

of 29 First / Last

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.