Playstation 4 Pro Page 149

• Page

of 153 First / Last

• ubergine 17 Jun 2017 04:38:43 7,426 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @BigOrkWaaagh Even for capped framerate games, boost mode will see them at that cap more consistently.
  • FuzzyDucky 17 Jun 2017 04:57:40 2,395 posts
    Seen 12 minutes ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    Yeah Sleeping Dogs DE goes from a slide show to locked 30
  • BigOrkWaaagh 17 Jun 2017 06:49:05 6,546 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    @ubergine Good point well made.
  • SomaticSense 18 Jun 2017 08:00:25 15,049 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Just Cause 3 for instance is now not a complete shitshow because of Boost mode.
  • Bombonera 19 Jun 2017 07:11:16 407 posts
    Seen 5 days ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I have been having a somewhat minor but annoying issue with my Pro. Whenever I switch to the HDMI input that the console is connected to (currently HDMI1), there is an approximately 10 second delay before the image appears on the TV. Is this normal? I've got an Xbox One and Sky box connected to the other HDMI inputs, and the image from them appears immediately after switching to their respective inputs.
  • mattyduk 19 Jun 2017 08:39:54 111 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Got my PS4 pro last Thursday and spent the evening doing the migration from the PS4.

On Friday, I connected it up to my Pioner VSX-923 amp, and saw that it wasn't passing a 4k image through - despite my AMP spec saying it did pass through.

So, already had an optical lead going from the TV (LD 55860v) to the AMP, so used that for sound and plugged the PS4 pro directly into HDMI. My TV doesn't support HDR, but will most likely try and change for a new model next year.

When plugged in, I now get a 4K signal (not RGB), cannot select deep colour or HDR (as expected), which is fine - it's displaying a 4K good image and PSVR seems sharper as well.

However, every now and then I get a blank screen on the TV for a few seconds during gameplay. Last night I was playing wipeout, and after an hour the screen started displaying black, then static, and did this until I rebooted the TV.

So I think this is the famous handshake issue which I heard about when the PS4 pro was launched last year. I hadn't bother to track the issue and throught by the time I bought my PS4 Pro (June), that any problems would have been ironed out, both at Sony and LG firmware level.

I've seen that if you disable HDCP in the main system menu, it stops the issue, but if you turn off HDCP then you can't use PSVR. So i'm now in the situation when I have to keep on making system setting changes depending on whether i'm playing on screen or PSVR. 1st world issues.

I wonder if XBOXoneX will have the same problem ?
  • DFawkes Friendliest Forumite, 2016 19 Jun 2017 09:11:00 31,390 posts
    Seen 45 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    You can still use PSVR with HDCP disabled. They changed that in a firmware update.
  • mattyduk 19 Jun 2017 09:35:47 111 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    maybe a coincidence then, as I plugged my PSVR in after playing screen stuff, then the TV went black and in the headset it displayed black with "HDMI"

I'll try again tonight.
  • DFawkes Friendliest Forumite, 2016 19 Jun 2017 09:53:23 31,390 posts
    Seen 45 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    It definitely works now, as I had it disabled for most of my Star Trek playtime to see if it sorted an issue I was having. It didn't though, but it didn't cause any additional issues so that was a plus :p
  • mattyduk 19 Jun 2017 11:48:11 111 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    what issue were you having.

All the handshaking, various formats and other issues are starting to make HDMI look as dodgy as poundland SCART leads :)

Edited by mattyduk at 11:48:36 19-06-2017
  • DFawkes Friendliest Forumite, 2016 19 Jun 2017 12:15:50 31,390 posts
    Seen 45 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    I think it's a small handshake issue I have. After roughly 20 minutes using PSVR, it'll cut out. Unplugging then re-plugging the HDMI cable fixes it and it'll be fine for the rest of that session, be it a minute or 4 hours. It only happens when I'm using PSVR. The first advice I read was to disable HDCP and make sure it was on 1080p rather than Automatic resolution, so I tried that for a week. It didn't make any difference at all, unfortunately.

The other bit of advice, that seems to work for everyone with my issue, is replace the HDMI cables. It won't cost much but obviously if changing the settings worked, that fix would've been free. I like free fixes :)

Not sure any of that would help you though as it sounds like your issue is far more annoying since it recurs during a session and affects non-VR gameplay.
  • Psiloc 19 Jun 2017 12:22:24 4,054 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Yeah I'd make sure you're using new HDMI cables. Am I right in assuming your TV is either a budget model or an older model? There's a chance it doesn't properly support HDMI 1.4 or whatever it is now.

The infamous handshake issue was more related to first booting the console and not getting a picture, rather than anything kicking in during play. I used to get it (and solved it by making sure I turned on all my equipment before the PS4), but firmware updates seem to have fixed it anyway now?
  • SomaticSense 19 Jun 2017 13:36:05 15,049 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    I still occasionally get that few seconds long black screen PSVR problem, although it seems a lot less frequent. Really annoyed Sony still haven't patched it out.
  • FuzzyDucky 19 Jun 2017 14:35:19 2,395 posts
    Seen 12 minutes ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    I'm almost afraid to upgrade from my 8.5 year old Samsung as the thing has worked flawlessly with everything in all that time...
  • Derblington 19 Jun 2017 14:45:15 29,194 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    I got it very occasionally during general play (non-PSVR) but it fixed when I plugged everything through my AV receiver as it no longer handshakes directly.
  • mattyduk 19 Jun 2017 15:55:00 111 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    It's probably an LG issue. TV is an 55860V, so 2015 model bought in Feb 2016. It's a really nice set with a fantatic picture - but not HDR enabled from HDMI (only streaming services).

I've got a new HDMI cable to put in tonight, going from the PSVR control box directly to the TV, and see how that goes.

Will be changing the TV next year, and so far it hasn't impacted my PSVR gameplay - but my 8 year old son is getting a bit annoyed when he's lapping cars in F1 2016 on the TV, and it happens :)

Maybe I'll change the HDMI from the PS4 to PSVR control box as well.
  • Derblington 19 Jun 2017 15:59:50 29,194 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Pretty sure it's a PS4 Pro issue, it's just hardware specific (as in what it's connecting to). And there are multiple ways to work around it.
  • TommyUnderwear 19 Jun 2017 16:44:38 175 posts
    Seen 22 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    @mattyduk It's not an LG issue I'm afraid. It happened me non stop on my 2016 Samsung KS9000 model which I picked up a few weeks back. I changed all my cables around, no joy. Then all of a sudden it just stopped. I get a random flicker every now and then now, but that's about it.
  • mattyduk 19 Jun 2017 17:26:16 111 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    TommyUnderwear wrote:
    @mattyduk It's not an LG issue I'm afraid. It happened me non stop on my 2016 Samsung KS9000 model which I picked up a few weeks back. I changed all my cables around, no joy. Then all of a sudden it just stopped. I get a random flicker every now and then now, but that's about it.
    thanks for the info. I'll see how it goes tonight. At the moment most of my gaming is PSVR so as long as it doesn't impact that. My son will be less happy though :)
  • blobs 19 Jun 2017 17:46:28 521 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I've had the same problem with my base PS4 since I bought it on release, doesn't seem to effect my PSVR though.
  • mattyduk 20 Jun 2017 08:19:40 111 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    swapped the main HDMI to the TV last night and HDCP. Seemed ok on both onscreen and PSVR, but it was intermittant so will see how it goes
  • dominalien 20 Jun 2017 09:23:39 8,254 posts
    Seen 12 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I have had connection issues on both my PS4s and all the multiple displays I'd had connected to them.

In my current main setup (PS4Pro, PSVR, Panasonic 4K TV) it needs some 10 seconds for the image to appear and then, after a couple of minutes, it will cut out the image for a few seconds. After it comes back, it's rock solid until the next time I turn it on.

The other PS4 is surrently connected to a Sony display and it occasionally has all sorts of problems. Flickering pixels, split-second flashes of screen corruption (whole or parts), disappearing image. Usually disconnecting and reconnecting the cable on one or both ends fixes it.

As usual, I blame this on the general shittiness of the HDMI plug standard.
  • souvlaki 20 Jun 2017 09:26:54 829 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Not PSVR related but I had this (losing signal briefly on TV) with an old dodgy HDMI lead a while back and fixed by swapping it out.
  • young_nell 21 Jun 2017 15:01:03 240 posts
    Seen 58 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Bought my PS4 Pro along with Horizon Zero Dawn and Last of Us Remastered. The experience has been great so far, glad i sold my Xbox One for it.

Editado por young_nell às 00:38:04 22-06-2017
  • FortysixterUK 22 Jun 2017 10:03:08 418 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    What 4k, HDR TV can folks recommend? It won't be used for TV or films, just for PS4 pro and Xbox one X 4k gaming ( just gaming in general really).

Any where between 49-55 inch.

Preferably between £700 - £1500?
  • FuzzyDucky 24 Jun 2017 02:01:17 2,395 posts
    Seen 12 minutes ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    Not that I particularly care for trophies and this is more an observation, but I'm playing through Bulletstorm Full Clip Edition at the minute and nothing is triggering.

The point I'm at I should have at least 15 or so, but nope, it's still at 0%. Curious that the game has been out for months and received multiple patches and yet this is still an issue.

Edit - played the game start to finish and no trophies at all.

Edited by FuzzyDucky at 06:32:12 24-06-2017
  • Switch024 24 Jun 2017 09:12:38 1,950 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Bit shit but at least you can delete it off your trophy list if that sort of thing bothers you.

I really don't like completing a game and only having it down as 10% complete, especially when half of the trophies are padding and awarded for pissing about collecting bits of tat. Too many games to be played to worry about that shite.
  • Derblington 24 Jun 2017 09:42:56 29,194 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Have you manually synced? Very occasionally they get stuck in the pipes.
    Googled to se info it's common to the game?

Re: the game itself, how does it hold up? I liked it a lot originally but not sure if it's worth the replay.
  • FuzzyDucky 24 Jun 2017 20:21:21 2,395 posts
    Seen 12 minutes ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    It's all very odd: everything is synced, just got two trophies playing Tomb Raider, the trophy set for Bulletstorm appears on my profile and also appears on the console in offline mode. By my reckoning I should've got at least 35 trophies from it, but not a solitary one popped.

Again, it's absolutely no skin off my nose as I don't care for trophies (although the irony of the game actually featuring fun challenges with Skill Shots is not lost on me), but I find it rather odd that this is literally the first game since I started using PSN back in early 2009 that this has happened to.

A cursory Google reveals only one thread about it on Gamefaqs about it, although the rarity rating of some of the early trophies says that either a quarter of all people that have played it didn't get beyond the tutorial or they have the same bug.
  • FuzzyDucky 24 Jun 2017 20:26:17 2,395 posts
    Seen 12 minutes ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    @Derblington Bulletstorm holds up very well, I had immense fun with it again
    Going for the skill shots (I finished the game on normal with about 80% complete) meant I rarely tackled a group of enemies the same way. A playthrough also unlocks Overdrive Mode which let's you carry all weapons at once and grants unlimited ammo if you've completed all the Skill Shots for that particular weapon.

It's a pretty good remaster too; the art style holds and it maintains a pretty sturdy 60FPS (on the Pro at least). And they also remedied my biggest bugbear of the original console releases, namely the horrendously compressed audio is no more.
  • Page

of 153 First / Last

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.