• H1ggyLTD 3 Jan 2018 20:06:17 8,103 posts
    Seen 27 seconds ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Manafort gets his sue on.
  • Mfolf 3 Jan 2018 20:14:49 1,836 posts
    Seen 12 minutes ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    MrTomFTW wrote:
    Trump Tower meeting with Russians 'treasonous', Bannon says in explosive book via The Guardian

White House on behalf of Trump: "Who's Steve Bannon? We don't know him, nothing to do with us. He's a loser! LOSER!"

is this real?
  • DreadedWalrus 3 Jan 2018 20:16:42 1,668 posts
    Seen 33 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Yep. Not that The_Donald believe it - see my post on the previous page.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-42560520

Edited by DreadedWalrus at 20:17:33 03-01-2018
  • Mfolf 3 Jan 2018 20:21:43 1,836 posts
    Seen 12 minutes ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    Superb.
  • Dirtbox 3 Jan 2018 20:27:16 89,645 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    I feel like his presidency is reaching the point where they have to remove him, and he's doing everything he can to make himself removable.
  • the_dudefather 3 Jan 2018 20:29:08 10,569 posts
    Seen 57 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    If Trump was impeached he'd probably say he was only a minor volunteer staff member in the white house
  • Mfolf 3 Jan 2018 20:30:06 1,836 posts
    Seen 12 minutes ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    Dirtbox wrote:
    I feel like his presidency is reaching the point where they have to remove him, and he's doing everything he can to make himself removable.
    I dunno. At this stage it wouldn’t surprise me if we’ve forgotten all of this by tomorrow. He is fucking Teflon.
  • DrStrangelove 3 Jan 2018 20:32:46 11,652 posts
    Seen 17 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Careful, he reached the point many times where he lost any chance to become president
  • Decks Best Forumite, 2016 3 Jan 2018 20:35:55 11,950 posts
    Seen 33 seconds ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Watching the Donald cretins losing their shit is beautiful. It's always weird watching thick cunts be surprised when they're wrong about something. They've been thick cunts all their life, surely they must be used to it by now.
  • Alastair 3 Jan 2018 20:47:21 21,147 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    They are too thick to notice.
  • Tonka 3 Jan 2018 20:50:09 26,893 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    The Dunning-Kruger effect
  • Tonka 3 Jan 2018 20:50:18 26,893 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    in effect
  • Rodney 3 Jan 2018 20:57:12 3,402 posts
    Seen 15 seconds ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    That Trump statement is too well written to have been written by Trump himself but the self aggrandising is pure Trump - it was probably strung together by some poor staffer with Trump yelling over their shoulder.
  • Skirlasvoud 3 Jan 2018 20:59:24 3,137 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    These actions make SOME sense in a weird and twisted way.

Trump could never stand Banon being called the Mastermind. It kept nagging at him. So when Moore loses, it's finally Trump's chance to blame it all on Banon and act like he's better than him.

Trump also views the 36% still supporting him, as people that love HIM and nobody else. Banon does the same, so the two idiots are now divvying up their fans between them.

It's gloriously self-destructive.
  • nickthegun 3 Jan 2018 21:08:03 72,347 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    I know the phrase has lost all meaning now, but he's beyond parody.

Not only did he defeat 17 nominees, they were the most talented nominees ever assembled.
  • KnuttinAtoll 3 Jan 2018 21:16:44 4,976 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Should have called the primaries "race to the bottom" really.
  • Jono62 3 Jan 2018 21:24:33 18,653 posts
    Seen 14 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    The book sounds interesting

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-42559436
  • JamboWayOh 3 Jan 2018 21:33:03 4,505 posts
    Seen 25 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    In other crazy news Britain's favourite racist Katie Hopkins has joined a far right Canadian website to write her tripe on. Looks like there's no confusion as to whether or not she's embodying a character, nope she's just a full on racist conspiracy theorist:

'She said in her first column: “When so many platforms are under the control of the Saudis, tied to fickle commercial advertisers or beholden to special interests and religious lobbyists, it is a real thrill to find a place for us to speak without censorship

.“If you hear yourself saying: ‘I’m not supposed to say this, but …’ then I am here to reassure you that you are. Your views matter. You matter"

Edited by JamboWayOh at 21:33:35 03-01-2018
  • reddevil93 3 Jan 2018 21:39:41 14,006 posts
    Seen 49 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    It's extremely funny to see the confirmation from inside the WH that Trump (and especially Melania) did not want to win at all. They simply wanted to make as much money as possible on the back of lying to the American people.
  • LittleSparra 3 Jan 2018 21:54:44 7,369 posts
    Seen 13 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Bwahahaha, these fuckwits deserve each other. Chuck them all on an island with /the donald and be done with it.
  • Rodney 3 Jan 2018 21:59:22 3,402 posts
    Seen 15 seconds ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    @reddevil93

Where are you getting this from? Haven't seen it mentioned in the Bannon articles
  • Skirlasvoud 3 Jan 2018 22:00:30 3,137 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    If he never wanted to be president, then I don't understand how this was a money making scheme...

Campaigning is massively expensive. The presidential salary isn't all that high and it's difficult to put your hands in the treasury/cookie jar while in office.
    Did he simply want more fame and get another season on the apprentice? Why go after the Hillary e-mails if he wanted to lose? Did he WANT to be caught?

Or is this a Brewster's Millions scenario where he needs to spend all his money (and Trump chose to spend it on the campaign) before he can get an even bigger inheritance?
  • MrTomFTW Best Moderator, 2016 3 Jan 2018 22:05:50 47,415 posts
    Seen 15 minutes ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Another claim from the book is that Mark Corallo quit as spokesman in July because he believed a statement drafted on Air Force One about a meeting with a Russian Lawyer was obstruction of justice.
  • Technoishmatt 3 Jan 2018 22:16:50 2,216 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @Skirlasvoud We know he said he was paying for his own campaign all the time - but I also seem to remember this was bullshit (as you would expect).
  • Trowel 3 Jan 2018 22:25:33 21,793 posts
    Seen 36 minutes ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Jono62 wrote:
    The book sounds interesting

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-42559436
    The US first daughter poked fun at her father's alleged "scalp-reduction surgery", according to the book.

"She treated her father with a degree of detachment, even irony, going so far as to make fun of his comb-over to others. She often described the mechanics behind it to friends: an absolutely clean pate - a contained island after scalp-reduction -surgery - surrounded by a furry circle of hair around the sides and front, from which all ends are drawn up to meet in the center and then swept back and secured by a stiffening spray. The color, she would point out to comical effect, was from a product called Just for Men - the longer it was left on, the darker it got. Impatience resulted in Trump's orange-blond hair color."
  • Dougs 3 Jan 2018 22:56:53 84,260 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Ha, this is golden. That statement cannot be real, surely?

Edited by Dougs at 22:57:11 03-01-2018
  • Rogueywon Most Generous Forumite, 2016 3 Jan 2018 23:05:43 2,435 posts
    Seen 16 seconds ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    reddevil93 wrote:
    It's extremely funny to see the confirmation from inside the WH that Trump (and especially Melania) did not want to win at all. They simply wanted to make as much money as possible on the back of lying to the American people.
    I'm a bit skeptical about this particular claim (and the Bannon stuff in general has quite a bit of axe-grinding in it - don't take everything at face value). You don't get rich running for President and losing (quite the opposite). There's no guarantee you get rich out of winning, either. You don't get paid a huge amount for the job itself. Some Presidents (e.g. Clinton) do very nicely afterwards. Others (e.g. GWB) more or less vanish into retirement.

There are quite a few books on the campaign out now and I've read most of the reputable ones. The Trump campaign is generally harder to see inside than the Clinton campaign (not unusual for winning campaigns - the losing side is usually quicker to get the story out as its team aren't as busy). There's a fairly consistent message from the published material that Trump went through a few periods where he had second thoughts about his run (one during the primaries, one just in late-Spring 2016 and one in September 2016), but most of the accounts agree he threw this off and by election day was set on winning.

The NYMag article (based on the book) pushing the line that Trump wanted to lose seems to be single-sourced and at variance with some of the other accounts. There's a general consensus in the other accounts that Trump vanished into a room with his wife for 45 minutes or so at the point on the night of 8 November where it was becoming increasingly clear that he'd won and that he did have a bit of an "oh fucking hell, this is actually happening" moment, but that's not really all that unusual under the circumstances.

There are bits of this Bannon stuff I would like, on one level, to believe to be true. But quite a bit of it smells quite fishy to me. Just because somebody doesn't like somebody you don't like doesn't mean they aren't a lying fuckwit.
  • simpleexplodingmaybe 3 Jan 2018 23:09:13 5,248 posts
    Seen 33 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    How long til Trump starts hosting TV light entertainment and propaganda marathons like Hugo Chavez or some nutty South American despot like that?
  • Rogueywon Most Generous Forumite, 2016 3 Jan 2018 23:11:24 2,435 posts
    Seen 16 seconds ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    @simpleexplodingmaybe Now that, I have a nasty feeling, is a genuine possibility. Part of me wouldn't be surprised to see something on those lines by the time Primary Season comes around for the 2020 elections (if Trump's still President by then, I would eat my hat if he goes through the Primaries unopposed).

Edit: Fortunately, the US is not Venezuela and, at most, he'd only get carried on C-SPAN and maybe Fox News.

Edited by Rogueywon at 23:12:08 03-01-2018
  • reddevil93 3 Jan 2018 23:15:17 14,006 posts
    Seen 49 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Rodney wrote:
    @reddevil93

Where are you getting this from? Haven't seen it mentioned in the Bannon articles
    This is in the one linked above but there's some others as well floating about on twitter:

"Shortly after 8pm on Election Night, when the unexpected trend - Trump might actually win - seemed confirmed, Don Jr told a friend that his father, or DJT, as he calls him, looked as if he had seen a ghost. Melania was in tears - and not of joy. There was, in the space of little more than an hour, in Steve Bannon's not unamused observation, a befuddled Trump morphing into a disbelieving Trump and then into a horrified Trump. But still to come was the final transformation: Suddenly, Donald Trump became a man who believed that he deserved to be, and was wholly capable of being, the president of the United States."
  • Page

of 872 First / Last

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.