Gears of War 4 Page 126

• Page

of 126 First / Last

Next
  • DUFFMAN5 13 Oct 2017 09:59:28 21,803 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    @barbour99
    I know the feeling, I also have that "want" mentality with the characters, luckily I do not care that much for weapon skins. I'm annoyed I didn't pull GG, but enough is enough and the truth is I'm not sure I would ever use him, I did pull all weapon skins and they are actually smart for a change. I'm pissed off I didn't get Myrrah, because Myrrah!

I tend to stick with Legendary Sam 90% of the time in vrs. I'm also still using the London supporter weapon skins 90% of the time, although I do change them from time to time.
    If I use a B.S. variant (Anya or Bernie) I use the "Lightening" style ones.

When playing Swarm faction, I use savage Kantus with Gold skins (at the moment) or B.S Drone Elite, If I use a B.S. variant I use the "flame" style ones. I think I have used Deebee's in one game ever. I have scrapped all but 3 legendaries of those.

The point being is I do not change it up very often, unless playing Horde. IF I do pull Skorge today though, he will be my go-to Locust. I have 20'000, so ten packs. I will only be getting one at a time though on the off chance I get early doors.

...Locust FOREVER...
  • Mayhem64 13 Oct 2017 14:24:41 946 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    With Myrrah, I got her in the third pack I opened. Go figure. In fact I've been pretty lucky with most of the 2000 credit packs. It's the recent 400 packs that have been the grind, it took 34 Sniper packs to get the character, and I've opened about 60 GG packs now and still no GG. I have pulled one Gary, but I already had him. Maybe I'll get lucky on the Skorge packs? :p

As for what I use, on the COG side it's normally Bernie or Hoffman, with the Warbird set. On the Swarm side, I'm using the Savage Grenadier Elite currently and the Onyx Gold set.
  • Vortex808 13 Oct 2017 14:34:57 11,617 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I couldn't even be arsed to grind the game for the characters. Characters should be level unlocked in my biased (and time constrained) opinion.

But then, that's too easy and doesn't draw in the extra cash they're hoping for.

I'll happily stick with base shit, or things that I can craft though.

Some (proper) locust would've been nice though!
  • barbour99 13 Oct 2017 18:00:38 1,062 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I can see them going down the armour skins route to add more customisation. Imagine having Marcus with Locust boots or mix & match between the current skins. Helmet, or not. Doorag, or not.

I’ve also never used the deebees. Hate them. Locust is my Swarm and either Old Man Marcus or Kait for COG. Maybe mechanic Baird, he’s my OG favourite.
  • Jono62 13 Oct 2017 18:21:51 18,238 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    As long as luchador is no longer available ;)
  • Vortex808 13 Oct 2017 18:30:47 11,617 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    /shudders

:D
  • DUFFMAN5 13 Oct 2017 19:05:40 21,803 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    The rng gods are on my side once again. I pulled Flame Grenadier on pack 1 and most importantly Skorge on pack 6. I'm just about to road test them ;)
  • barbour99 14 Oct 2017 06:52:51 1,062 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    My only pack gave me colour blast swarm sniper.
    Enjoy Skorge. I’ll wait until he’s craftable in 2021.

Edited by barbour99 at 06:53:02 14-10-2017
  • DUFFMAN5 14 Oct 2017 07:20:18 21,803 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    @barbour99

I feel for you mate :( don't forget Sunday is 4x XP, can you get on them ? Quicker levels means faster credits earned, maybe get another chance.
  • Jono62 14 Oct 2017 07:47:16 18,238 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    @DUFFMAN5 Morning Duff. How's Gears these days? The only thing I'm missing is playing with you fine folks.
  • DUFFMAN5 14 Oct 2017 08:56:14 21,803 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    @Jono62
    Morning mate. Gears is still the greatest thing, that is not to say it can't be feckin frustrating of course. I have uninstalled the game twice due to being so disheartened...and hastily reinstalled less than an hour later (all 90+gigs)
    I battle with my lack of skill in nearly every match I play, I hate the lack of any teamwork or coms in KOTH but I totally and utterly love it, much like I do all the previous Gears...even bits of Judgment ;)
    I am very likely addicted to it. The first game I boot no matter whatever else I have on the go is Gears, do not see that changing maybe ever.
    Probably the biggest upset this time round is that we all don't play anymore.
    I do get games with BFG from time to time, mostly Horde which is always great with him. Other than that I have played some matches with Spank,barbour,vortex and obviously yourself and neo and marko but those games are few and far apart.
    Do you think you will return with Gears 5, prob out in late 2018,early 2019. It would be great to have all the team back.
  • Jono62 16 Oct 2017 09:51:14 18,238 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Morning Duff. Yes I should be back for Gears 5 :)
  • Phattso 16 Oct 2017 10:51:21 21,816 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    After a year of putting it off (tedious first act, shitty cast of characters) I finally completed the campaign over the weekend. Such dogshit. It was just rote encounter after rote encounter, with little to differentiate it over the previous games. Sure, it's the fourth in the series, but it shouldn't take until the final act to actually entertain me.

Felt almost nothing for Drake and his crew the whole time - so vanilla. Only a late appearance from some old faces made me feel anything at all, as even the grizzled Marcus Fenix did nothing for me since I wasn't playing him.

I think, as with the previous games, I'd have enjoyed it a LOT more in co-op. This is the only Gears I've ever played single player, so maybe they've all been shit played this way.

Briefly dipped into the multi, and it was as excellent as I remember, but I don't have the time to git gud vs. people who have been hammering it for a year. :)

Won't be standing in line for Gears 5.

At least it looked decent (1440p on PC, details maxed out) if a little clinical.
  • barbour99 20 Oct 2017 20:52:55 1,062 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Thoughts on the October Update, gents?
  • DUFFMAN5 20 Oct 2017 21:23:28 21,803 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    @barbour99
    Half arsed as ever
  • Page

of 126 First / Last

Next

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.