Dark Souls 3 Page 3

• Page

of 431 First / Last

• Deleted user 17 June 2015 17:59:56
    aye i imagine it'll be the last one set in the medieval/fantasy world of lordran/drangleic/(whatever it's called in 3), as the trailer feels like a final flare-out of that cycle.

i imagine they'll take the core concepts and apply them to a new sort of world - ie MECH SOULS.
  • Architect_z 19 Jun 2015 21:44:00 2,470 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I wonder if there will be a return of the Balder Side Sword.
  • Cath4rsis 19 Jun 2015 21:58:37 123 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    As long as I can play as Guts I'll be happy, the Greatsword in 2 was perfect for that.
  • Bauul 21 Jul 2015 23:43:25 866 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Dark Souls 3 will apparently be playable at GamesCom this year. Anyone going? Make sure you let us know what it's like!

http://gematsu.com/2015/07/dark-souls-iii-playable-gamescom-2015
  • Armoured_Bear 23 Jul 2015 12:38:24 20,844 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Front Page demo impressions
  • Bauul 23 Jul 2015 16:12:51 866 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Armoured_Bear wrote:
    Front Page demo impressions
    Looks like this was based on the same presentations everyone else went to at e3. Glad to hear another positive perspective though.
  • Ddanno 23 Jul 2015 18:30:01 1,153 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Ignoring this for 9 months is gonna be hard.

Bye!
  • Bauul 4 Aug 2015 16:16:31 866 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Proper one up!

What does the narrator woman say at the very end of her opening speech? "And the Lords..." something something?

First observation: boss intro cutscenes are displayed in panoramic widescreen.

Edited by Bauul at 16:52:25 04-08-2015
  • Kichijoten 4 Aug 2015 17:48:30 4,555 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Bauul wrote:

First observation: THEY ARE USING THE SAME SOUND EFFECTS!! AGAIN!! .
  • Deleted user 4 August 2015 17:51:04
    Ash nazg durbatulűk, ash nazg gimbatul, ash nazg thrakatulűk, agh burzum-ishi krimpatul
  • sid92 4 Aug 2015 22:32:46 3,453 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Just watched the trailer, the movement has a very demons/dark look to it rather than DS2 same with the backstab.

Officially hyped!
  • sid92 14 Sep 2015 14:49:05 3,453 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Anyone tried signing up for the network test? Currently trying to but the website is all in Japanese. Maybe its only for Japan?
  • Gregolution 14 Sep 2015 15:12:18 8,711 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    sid92 wrote:
    Just watched the trailer, the movement has a very demons/dark look to it rather than DS2 same with the backstab.

Officially hyped!
    +lots
  • Ddanno 14 Sep 2015 16:57:11 1,153 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Release date confirmed as 24 March 2016 in Japan. No news on NA/EU other than something being laid down 'soon'.

I'd imagine the network test is JP only at the moment Sid - this site would have stuck a news item out if there was any sniff of such for this region. Unless Destiny news got in the way.
  • SomaticSense 14 Sep 2015 17:43:52 15,110 posts
    Seen 3 weeks ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    How did they announce the Bloodborne and DS2 dates?
  • Deleted user 14 September 2015 19:24:38
    To me it looks like a hybrid of demons/dark and bloodborne in terms of movement and certain attacks. Good to see beastly knights are back. The enemy design again is absolutely stellar. Can't wait for it.
  • Fonzie 14 Sep 2015 20:23:06 3,091 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    It looks absolutely brilliant to me. Typically superb enemy design again by From Software. All I need to do now is get a PS4 and this is the system seller that can push me towards getting one.
  • Gregolution 14 Sep 2015 21:34:49 8,711 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Fonzie wrote:
    It looks absolutely brilliant to me. Typically superb enemy design again by From Software. All I need to do now is get a PS4 and this is the system seller that can push me towards getting one.
    /cough Bloodborne
  • Fonzie 14 Sep 2015 22:00:08 3,091 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Gregolution wrote:
    Fonzie wrote:
    /cough Bloodborne
    I know, I need Bloodborne also. At least I know there are at least 2 more From Software games that I have yet to play. Nothing like your first foray into one of their game worlds.
  • ZuluHero 14 Sep 2015 22:10:18 6,110 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    In a gut wrenching, nerve wracking sort of way? I always feel so nervous first exploring these games, over time a familularity replaces it and when you feel safe navigating dangerous areas with ease there is such an aire of satisfaction!

Really can't wait for it, hope we get an EU date soon!
  • Fonzie 14 Sep 2015 23:18:46 3,091 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Exactly how I feel when starting any of Froms games.

I still remember my first hour of Demons Souls and how great it felt beating my first boss (Phalanx).
  • Tryhard 14 Sep 2015 23:23:56 12,014 posts
    Seen 5 months ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I actually love it when you first set out with everything in front of you, and nothing in your arsenal.

A babe, in the big, dark, world.
  • sid92 14 Sep 2015 23:38:28 3,453 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    There is nothing in gaming like the first playthrough of a souls game, it is an unparalleled experience which nothing else in gaming can match.
  • Deleted user 15 September 2015 00:20:18
    Yep it took me an age to do the first area of demons. Never played a game like it for being brutal but never unfair. Looking forward to this more than anything.
  • Gregolution 15 Sep 2015 08:52:10 8,711 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Importing a Chinese copy of Demons Souls after reading the EG review was the best gaming decision I ever made. Felt like I'd uncovered a new genre I had no idea existed (which is true I guess) and which was custom made for me and everything I ever wanted in a video game. First few hours were absolutely mind blowing. Also got me to stop playing wow!

I remember after finishing it, one of my first posts on these forums was to say it was possibly the best game I'd ever played. The first response was some friendly chap absolutely blasting me, calling me a 12 year old with no experience of classic games who thinks any new thing is the best lol.
  • CompetitiveDad 15 Sep 2015 09:03:24 7,486 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @Gregolution I'm gutted I never completed dark and demon souls. Really would love a remaster of both. I've played them both for a few hours each, loved what I played, just never gave them the time they deserved.

Edited by CompetitiveDad at 09:04:21 15-09-2015
  • wuntyphyve 15 Sep 2015 09:09:04 9,700 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @sid92 Yep, although I would say nothing beats the first run through of your FIRST souls game. it was Dark Souls for me. Nothing compares to that first play through. It was an almost overwhelming experience and I've never felt at once so alone yet at once part of something bigger, with strange messages appearing on the ground to guide me on and mysterious strangers to call on for help only for them then to vanish and never be seen again.

Then it was on to Dark Souls 2, Demon's Souls, Bloodborne then Dark Souls 2: SotFS. And as good as they have all been (ie. immense), they haven't compared to that first run through of Dark.

Could actually be the best gaming experience I've ever had. It demanded you learn it, to get good enough to face the horrors lurking in the darkness. Then, just when you thought you had a grip on it, an understanding and the skills to move on... S&O appeared to show you otherwise.
  • sid92 15 Sep 2015 09:19:56 3,453 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    While everyone seems to love their first experience of a souls game most (I started with Demons) Dark was the best first playthrough for me, while I love Demons and that first playthrough was amazing. Dark is just a better game IMO every change they made was for the better and everything just stepped up a notch. Dark is my GOAT.

I will never forget my first playthrough of any of the souls games even DS2 but Dark was and still is special.
  • wuntyphyve 15 Sep 2015 09:30:12 9,700 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Aye, well it probably was because my first Souls game WAS Dark...!
  • Gregolution 15 Sep 2015 09:33:52 8,711 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    sid92 wrote:
    Dark is just a better game IMO every change they made was for the better and everything just stepped up a notch. Dark is my GOAT.
    Not to start this debate again but .... removing the health penalty for death was a massive mistake.

They completely broke the importance of being in human form versus dead from Demons -> Dark. The cycle of becoming human by invading another player or helping someone fight a boss was integral to their innovative approach to online play merged with single player.

I know we disagree on this one though. I just hope Dark Souls 3 gets it right again.

In order for PVP to work in these games you need incentives to invade and those incentives should be single player focused. Bloodborne totally fkd that up too (although I still love it regardless).
  • Page

of 431 First / Last

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.