Nintendo Switch Page 753

• Page

of 754 First / Last

• Rewsan 13 Aug 2017 09:35:07 270 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    I like the pro contoller the only downside for me is the d-pad, it isn't up to Nintendo's high standards. Navigating menus with it is a nightmare.
  • Gregolution 13 Aug 2017 09:50:32 8,400 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @erniewhatbert

Nice one mate! Thanks.
  • Addy_B 13 Aug 2017 09:51:27 228 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 1 month ago
    @DangerousDave_87

I have previously owned one mate so yep I agree it is a quality controller. Just making sure I wasn't missing a trick with the hori that's all.
  • Gregolution 13 Aug 2017 11:29:12 8,400 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    erniewhatbert wrote:
    @Gregolution I switched my Nintendo a/c to South Africa and bought it for a tenner less and back again. It's so easy and quick to do and my credit card worked on the SA eshop. It's just a case of changing the account region in a web browser.
    So you don't have to use a different account when you're playing?
  • pk1980 13 Aug 2017 11:39:44 666 posts
    Seen 33 minutes ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    Oops... Just had a look in game and they had some boxes on the shelf behind the counter, I thought they might have been display ones.

Turns out they weren't, one switch, Mario kart, and Slaptoon purchased.

As I say oops.
  • brigadier 13 Aug 2017 12:28:51 872 posts
    Seen 25 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Phantom Trigger was released last week. A hack n slash action game that's actually pretty good. Can get a little repetitive at times and somewhat difficult but it's a fun romp in the end. Basically no tutorials at all so you have to figure everything out yourself which is both a blessing and a curse.

https://whataboutthegame.com/2017/08/13/phantom-trigger-switch-review/

B-b-b-b-bonus!

3WC0L-WJ4BD-D8TLQ (Steam Key)
  • kingnothing12 13 Aug 2017 16:06:15 720 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I've been hovering over the buy it now button on shopto for awhile. They seem to have them back in stock. Only just sold my Xbox one s. So until I post that off to the buyer I can't quite part with my cash just yet.
  • Phattso 13 Aug 2017 16:17:22 21,567 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Amazon have stock of the Neon now (or will on the 15th) if you get in quick.
  • Captain_Toad 13 Aug 2017 18:33:54 230 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 6 months ago
    brigadier wrote:
    Phantom Trigger was released last week. A hack n slash action game that's actually pretty good. Can get a little repetitive at times and somewhat difficult but it's a fun romp in the end. Basically no tutorials at all so you have to figure everything out yourself which is both a blessing and a curse.

https://whataboutthegame.com/2017/08/13/phantom-trigger-switch-review/

B-b-b-b-bonus!

3WC0L-WJ4BD-D8TLQ (Steam Key)
    Tried the key but it's gone, and the taker never even sent you a thank you!

Thanks on his behalf :)
  • THFourteen 13 Aug 2017 19:50:42 44,998 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Replacement Dock for those that don't mind a gamble on Chinese products.

14.50 with the signing up voucher and free 30day shipping. Plus taxes of course.

No idea if it works.
  • brigadier 14 Aug 2017 04:37:38 872 posts
    Seen 25 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    @Captain_Toad

No matter, but I appreciate it mate. Hopefully they're just too busy enjoying it haha.

Last Resort

I got sent 7 Neo Geo games to review (their distribution is inconsistent at best). I decided to choose Last Resort to review first because I'm really in the shmup mood these days. It's good, sure. But maaaaan this is one of the hardest games I've ever completed.

https://whataboutthegame.com/2017/08/14/last-resort-switch-review/

I'm thinking Samurai Shodown next!

Edited by brigadier at 04:38:00 14-08-2017
  • Kay 14 Aug 2017 11:42:40 19,205 posts
    Seen 29 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Speaking of docks... it's only just occurred to me how odd it looks to have the top of the Switch's screen popping out a bit when placed in the dock. I'm sure there's a good reason for why they didn't make the dock tall enough to cover the screen, but still, it bugs me a little when I look at it.
  • Zerobob 14 Aug 2017 12:03:19 1,899 posts
    Seen 31 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @Kay I think it's designed like that so you can see the battery indicator on the Switch screen while docked, which I suppose is useful if your TV isn't turned on and you want to check the battery charge level without undocking it.
  • You-can-call-me-kal 14 Aug 2017 12:04:59 8,680 posts
    Seen 18 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    It's so you can get it out the dock if you don't have joy cons attached.
  • elstoof 14 Aug 2017 12:08:22 18,184 posts
    Seen 28 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    So you can see the charging logo flash up when you put it in, and know that it's in properly
  • elstoof 14 Aug 2017 12:17:51 18,184 posts
    Seen 28 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    What he said
  • erniewhatbert 14 Aug 2017 13:25:07 2,690 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Gregolution wrote:
    erniewhatbert wrote:
    @Gregolution I switched my Nintendo a/c to South Africa and bought it for a tenner less and back again. It's so easy and quick to do and my credit card worked on the SA eshop. It's just a case of changing the account region in a web browser.
    In case you haven't done anything about this yet:

No, you don't need a different account.

* Go through the profile settings and change region (to South Africa in my instance)
    * Log in to the eShop on your Switch which should be the new region, make the purchase with your credit card and the game begins downloading
    * Close the eShop
    * Go back to your Nintendo account setting in the web browser and change your region back to UK
    * Open up the eShop on the Switch to check that it's reverted back to the UK one.

It's a doddle, as long as the region accepts your card.
  • pk1980 14 Aug 2017 14:19:20 666 posts
    Seen 33 minutes ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    Got this all set up yesterday, really impressed the screen is great, everything seemed really quick in terms of updates. Also downloaded Fast RMX which only took a few minutes which was impressive.

I'm guessing friends from the U dont transfer over and I have to add people again? Bit of a pain if so but not the end of the world.

Mario kart is great as always shame all the tracks are unlocked straight away, but still good practice for online.

Splatoon was also enjoyable, having played both on the U was surprised at how easily I got to grips with them again having not played them for 18 months.
  • rice_sandwich 14 Aug 2017 14:22:59 2,459 posts
    Seen 19 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    @pk1980

I think it now suggests friends to you from a variety of sources.
  • DangerousDave_87 14 Aug 2017 14:24:18 2,122 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    pk1980 wrote:I'm guessing friends from the U dont transfer over and I have to add people again? Bit of a pain if so but not the end of the world.
    If you're using the same NNID on both consoles, check out the friends section on your profile. You can search and add the friends you have on Wii U and 3DS, as long as they've got a Switch.
  • pk1980 14 Aug 2017 14:25:59 666 posts
    Seen 33 minutes ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    Will have a look later, it should be the same NNID as far as I am aware.

Cheers for the answers.
  • pk1980 14 Aug 2017 20:32:05 666 posts
    Seen 33 minutes ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    I had a check and it worked, sent out a few friend requests hopefully you can identify me!
  • kingnothing12 14 Aug 2017 20:52:34 720 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Looking forward to getting my neon switch tomorrow. Took the plunge. The urge to play Zelda was just too great.
  • Addy_B 14 Aug 2017 22:22:53 228 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 1 month ago
    erniewhatbert wrote:
    Gregolution wrote:
    erniewhatbert wrote:
    In case you haven't done anything about this yet:

No, you don't need a different account.

* Go through the profile settings and change region (to South Africa in my instance)
    * Log in to the eShop on your Switch which should be the new region, make the purchase with your credit card and the game begins downloading
    * Close the eShop
    * Go back to your Nintendo account setting in the web browser and change your region back to UK
    * Open up the eShop on the Switch to check that it's reverted back to the UK one.

It's a doddle, as long as the region accepts your card.
    Cheers I'll do this way for my Splatoon 2 purchase. I notice it's 38 from those crazy sarf Afrikaans
  • Malek86 15 Aug 2017 11:29:43 5,775 posts
    Seen 24 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    So I'm mildly tempted to buy a Switch... but since it's already expensive enough by itself, I don't really feel like spending money on a bunch of games too.

How's the F2P section on the store? Anything worth it? I remember Nintendo's 3DS efforts... weren't exactly great, so to speak.
  • DangerousDave_87 15 Aug 2017 11:40:51 2,122 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    @Malek86 I don't think there is anything F2P at the moment.
  • THFourteen 15 Aug 2017 11:41:06 44,998 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    A few demos.
  • kingnothing12 15 Aug 2017 11:51:49 720 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Is there any other supermarkets apart from Asda that stock switch games? Managed to pick up Zelda but they were out of stock with Mario Kart. Can't even remember the last time I paid 50 for a game. I did wince a little handing the cash over.
  • Kay 15 Aug 2017 12:19:57 19,205 posts
    Seen 29 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Apparently Sonic Mania is only 9 on the Russian eShop, so this seems like the best place to ask a few questions:

Is it just a case of changing region once, downloading the game, and then changing back to the UK?
    Do updates/patches still download as normal?
    Is it better to create a new user for that region, or just change region for the existing user?
    Finally... is it possible to buy without having to store credit card details on the account?
  • Page

of 754 First / Last

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.