Yakuza 0 Page 2

• Page

of 18 First / Last

• One_Vurfed_Gwrx 27 Jul 2016 17:48:29 2,705 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    This one shall be preordered. I wonder if there will be any limited stuff at launch... I have it on PS3 but PS3 is dead or dying so... (and in Japanese which is fun to translate with the regional and era specific language)
  • Ror 27 Jul 2016 17:49:02 16,573 posts
    Seen 42 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Also, physical release confirmed.
  • One_Vurfed_Gwrx 28 Jul 2016 11:15:35 2,705 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I wouldn't have been prepared to preorder without that ;)
  • Ror 28 Jul 2016 12:24:29 16,573 posts
    Seen 42 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Well, faiir point, but probably worth pointing out to the thread, seeing as 5 was digital-only :p
  • One_Vurfed_Gwrx 6 Jan 2017 14:31:39 2,705 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    And due out this month. Had a preorder for business edition with VGP for a while as I do lile my Yakuza tat (still got my fan from TGS 2013 for queueing for the Ishin reveal trailer as an example) but it works out as ten quid more than the local versions which I would like to support... First world problems... Also going US may tie me to that region for unlockables based on past games (at least they never have paid for DLC just patch updates...)

Game seemed cool from what I played of my imported PS3 copy before it got announced for localisation just afterwards. I should probably import a PS4 Ishin too at some point after buying the PS3 one at launch (didn't have a PS4 then)

Either way should be a good 12 months for Yakuza fans with this, Kiwami and 6 due in about that span. I still secretly hope 5 gets a PS4 port as IIRC it is the only game on the same engine as Ishin, 0 and Kiwami that didn't go dualformat so should be the most feasible (I want an English physical...)

Sucks that Europe missed out on the preorder bonus though, wonder if that is due to Deep Silver publishing or just a general lack of caring about our region.
  • Rivuzu 6 Jan 2017 14:57:14 16,610 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    It'll be the later, even if we're the ones gnashing at the bit for more Yakuza over the rather tepid NA response it received previously.
  • elstoof 6 Jan 2017 15:21:03 18,627 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    After watching Last Guardian drop to 25 two weeks after release, I don't feel too inspired to preorder. I'll definitely buy it though, after giving it a few weeks
  • Ror 6 Jan 2017 15:35:15 16,573 posts
    Seen 42 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I'm just glad we're getting it, and a physical release will almost feel like a special edition after 5.
  • One_Vurfed_Gwrx 6 Jan 2017 22:49:21 2,705 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    But that card case looks so pretty in the pics ;)

I got Last Guardian for Xmas (39.99 for Shopto edition before they raised the price) and don't mind the cost that was paid. I will be waiting for some of the games out this month to drop (Berseria and RE7 if it reviews well) and some just buy a bit later (DQVIII as I have to import that with a US 3DS). I have always bought the Yakuza games reduced so feel I should show some support for once (I would have preordered 5 if physical but I did buy it on sale soon after release (and already had the Korean physical) before they stuck it on PSPlus (which I am still sure wasn't planned before they accidentally made it free as it was way too ew and pricy).
  • Armoured_Bear 6 Jan 2017 23:14:38 20,443 posts
    Seen 34 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I'll def get this in the first sale or when my backlog drops, Yakuza 4 was amazing.
  • Ror 6 Jan 2017 23:23:33 16,573 posts
    Seen 42 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I'll be getting both Yakuza and Gravity Rush day one, because I can't help myself. Berseria will have to wait though, and I never thought I'd say that before I played Zesty.

New Miku game is out in a few days as well /o\ I'll be bankrupt by February.
  • cheese101 7 Jan 2017 01:17:23 723 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    What is that you say ? More yakuza this month ?! Jurassic Park!!!!
  • Navi 7 Jan 2017 10:37:03 196 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Pre-order for me too. I'm normally a "wait for the first price drop" kind of guy too, but this is Yakuza, so it's got to be done.
  • One_Vurfed_Gwrx 7 Jan 2017 19:58:38 2,705 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Luckily I don't care too much about Gravity Rush, tried the original on Vita and the sequel demo and it seemed merely okay. Berseria I want but with how fast Tales prices drop and no really good preorder deals I will wait a bit I imagine (and stopped LEs before Zestiria although I may have been tempted by this one if we didn't have so much missing from the US one including the novel which appealed most)

Demo of Berseria seemed decent enough even if I haven't fully read up on the 4 face button combat system yet (I don't mind trying to read the stories in Japanese (had a nice try of Danganronpa 3 demo, enough to see that the story and characters seem up to par with its predecessors) but systems descriptions tire me out)

I will probably wait for a 30 quid price (Star Ocean I waited for 20) for Berseria.

Played enough of this on PS3 in Japanese (and a quick gander at the PS4 demo (you'd have thought translating that may help the game a little but hey.. Sega...) that I know I want it.

Still debating whether to keep or cancel the US preorder for the card case...
  • Ziz0u 16 Jan 2017 19:55:21 11,006 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Every time I get excited by this, I watch a video and the arcadeyness of the combat puts me off. Even just an option to turn the effects off. I get that that's part of what makes it a Yakuza game. I'm probably just too used to Western open-world games.

Anyway, I'm gonna create a Japanese PSN account and grab the demo.
  • One_Vurfed_Gwrx 16 Jan 2017 20:17:50 2,705 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    @burtburtburt As it is a prequel it should be fine as it doesn't need you to know the story of 1 to 5. And we are getting the remake of 1 in Kiwami in the summer anyway. There will likely be nods if you have played the original 1 for you to spot but I think part of the plan was to make it easily accessible to new players too.
  • MrMattAdz 16 Jan 2017 20:53:48 3,671 posts
    Seen 8 months ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    crazy-n00dle wrote:
    Want this. Might hold of for some weeks to see if the price lowers.
    Yes I think that's a good bet considering it happens with literally every other game
  • FrostPan 16 Jan 2017 21:22:13 1,376 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    The game is getting a massive push on GAF to be the one game to finally make the franchise successful over here. Hope it does well!

Especially it's considered to be a great starting point for a newbie to the series, as already mentioned; it's a prequel to the very first game.
  • elstoof 16 Jan 2017 21:31:23 18,627 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    So that's why it's called Yakuza 0..
  • elstoof 16 Jan 2017 21:32:18 18,627 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    I just assumed Kiryu got married to Aristotle Onassis in this one
  • Baihu1983 16 Jan 2017 21:34:36 9,311 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    FrostPan wrote:
    The game is getting a massive push on GAF to be the one game to finally make the franchise successful over here. Hope it does well!

Especially it's considered to be a great starting point for a newbie to the series, as already mentioned; it's a prequel to the very first game.
    Nah I really don't see this catching on outside Japan which is a bit of a shame
  • Ror 16 Jan 2017 22:38:46 16,573 posts
    Seen 42 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    It doesn't need to become a multi-million seller (and absolutely won't), but I think there's a chance to grab a larger audience than the series currently enjoys outside of Japan. Especially as it is, in a sense, a fresh start. Plus, as mentioned above, communities like GAF have been championing the series for a while now and as a result I've seen a lot of people willing to jump in with the (reasonably) clean slate of a prequel.

I can't wait, myself.
  • Ziz0u 16 Jan 2017 22:46:13 11,006 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I can't find the demo on the Japanese store :(

I see Yakuza 6 but it's a massive download and obviously I want this one anyway.

Pretty sure I found the demo section but it isn't there... unless the thumbnail is misleading.
  • Ziz0u 16 Jan 2017 22:48:37 11,006 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I can't find the demo on the Japanese store :(

I see Yakuza 6 but it's a massive download and obviously I want this one anyway.

Pretty sure I found the demo section but it isn't there... unless the thumbnail is misleading.
  • uiruki 16 Jan 2017 23:22:30 4,409 posts
    Seen 28 minutes ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Chances are the demo's been removed. I think they tend to do that. The Vita app is still there though!
  • Ziz0u 16 Jan 2017 23:25:31 11,006 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Post deleted
  • Ziz0u 16 Jan 2017 23:25:43 11,006 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Aww. Was more of a pain setting it up than I thought it would be.

Anything else decent/free worth getting on the Japanese PSN?
  • uiruki 16 Jan 2017 23:52:27 4,409 posts
    Seen 28 minutes ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    I think most stuff would be already covered by stuff in the West. If you're interested in Tokyo Xanadu there's a demo of it there that actually supports 4k on the pro (though the full game doesn't). Same for Toukiden 2 and Dragon Quest Heroes 2 if you're planning to look at them later this year. Otherwise it's just F2P stuff - you might want to grab PSO2 if you don't mind playing with a translation guide.
  • Page

of 18 First / Last

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.