Recently Completed Games Page 313

• Page

of 419 First / Last

• Deleted user 14 February 2013 10:18:17
    Alright then 10/10

I'll never play a better game in my life.

Some dead space fanboys around that's for sure.
  • kinky_mong 14 Feb 2013 10:34:00 10,536 posts
    Seen 12 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Ignore them, Dead Space is the epitome of a 7/10 game. Has the component parts of a great game but doesn't fit them together well enough, and repeats the same "tricks" too often to be genuinely scary.

All the eurogamers who actually play with each other on xbl rather than just post pseudointellectual pc handwringing bollocks on the forums, love the shit out of biggy.

• King_Edward 14 Feb 2013 10:46:41 11,461 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    BillCityfingers wrote:
    Alright then 10/10

I was taking the piss out of USW, not you. :)

I think Dead Space is a 7 too. Good shooter, a bit dull.
  • Deleted user 14 February 2013 11:02:20
    King_Edward wrote:
    BillCityfingers wrote:
    Alright then 10/10

I was taking the piss out of USW, not you. :)

I think Dead Space is a 7 too. Good shooter, a bit dull.
    Ha ha I wasn't sure. I know dead space has a lot of love on here. I just didn't get enough from it. Shame really as I was looking forward to it!
  • Dave_McCoy 14 Feb 2013 16:05:59 2,793 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I have to add to the people saying 7/10 for Dead Space. Perhaps even 6/10...it's alright but that's it really..just alright. Too much rinse and repeat for me, go here, go there, turn something on. Dead Space 2 on the other hand I couldn't finish.
  • King_Edward 17 Feb 2013 11:02:50 11,461 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Godhand

+ Fast, brutal, and ridiculous combat
    + ...
    + ...
    + ...

... There's really not a lot to this game.

9/10
  • Daddy-Doom-Bar 17 Feb 2013 20:32:57 2,444 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Dave_McCoy wrote:
    I have to add to the people saying 7/10 for Dead Space. Perhaps even 6/10...it's alright but that's it really..just alright. Too much rinse and repeat for me, go here, go there, turn something on. Dead Space 2 on the other hand I couldn't finish.
    Think I loved DS1 so much as I played it on release before all the hype took off. I wasnt expecting much and it did scare the shit out of me. I played it with Senheisser's and a dark room,so that helped.

You must be the change you wish to see in the world - Ghandi

• Daddy-Doom-Bar 17 Feb 2013 20:46:41 2,444 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    NFS: Most Wanted (PC). 6/10

+Looked good
    +Handled well

-Little to no variety in the courses. A lot of repetition as well.
    -Too short by far.
    -Too easy.

Got the feeling of pure racing down perfectly. They just forgot to put the rest of the game in. Went a bit Assassins Creed. All the ingredients are there, just didnt get there.

Dead Space 3 (PC). 5/10
    Meh. Whatever. Didnt finish it.

Onto Max Payne 3 and Two Worlds 2 with a side of Sine Mora and Ace of Spades.

You must be the change you wish to see in the world - Ghandi

• macmurphy 17 Feb 2013 20:52:04 999 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @BillCityfingers

Didn't you get Resi 6 to play with your brother. what did you think of it in the end? Apologies if you already gave a score in the thread.
  • Deleted user 17 February 2013 21:02:29
    macmurphy wrote:
    @BillCityfingers

Didn't you get Resi 6 to play with your brother. what did you think of it in the end? Apologies if you already gave a score in the thread.
    Eh, we've managed about half an hour so far! A new born baby got in the way ha ha ha. Although if it helps I was really enjoying it. We'll pick it up again soon.
  • Zidargh 17 Feb 2013 21:02:55 1,679 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    King_Edward wrote:
    Bastion

+ Fantasticly enjoyable game
    + Superb sound and graphics

7/10
    Eh?

I recognise that 7 is still a good score but I wouldn't say the number reflects the copy here.
  • macmurphy 17 Feb 2013 21:08:29 999 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @BillCityfingers

Fair one, congratulations (either becoming a dad or an uncle). Let us know how you get on with it.
  • Nitrous 17 Feb 2013 23:03:20 442 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Hitman 2 and Hitman Contracts as part of the the "HD" collection (PS3)
    8/10

Brilliant as a game and as a murder simulator.... probably, altho Im not about to test that out. Do they look good? No not really if Im honest but its no surprise given how old they are but the gameplay, especially in contracts more than makes up for it.

Just playing Blood Money now and can see why people think its the best in the series. Hitman Absolution isnt a true hitman game but if they re use the glacier 2 engine from it and make a game closer to Blood Money next time round then I'll be happy!

Edited by Nitrous at 23:04:30 17-02-2013
  • Deleted user 18 February 2013 00:09:19
    Finished Uncharted: (Vita) Golden Abyss today. Played on hardmode and really enjoyed it by the end. It was definitely a game of two halves for me. The demos I'd tried didn't show the game of in its best light compared to playing all the PS3 Uncharteds.

The first half of the game is about adjusting to the different controls and seeing if the new characters and plot have the legs to carry the game. By the end of the game I was really into the new controls, the canoeing visuals really had my jaw on the floor for a handheld, some of the parallax mapping near water looked stunning. Filling in the blanks about UC3 – UC: GA connection was also a nice bonus.

So I'll give the first half 6.5/10, then after adjusting to the controls, I was hooked again, so the second half was more about 9.0/10. Averaging the experience out, it feels that giving it an 8/10 (in Playstation land) would be fractionally too generous, but giving it a 7/10 would be an insult to such great quality portable game.

The real acid test for me, is that I will happily play it again on crushing mode some time in the future.
  • riceNpea 18 Feb 2013 00:18:37 592 posts
    Seen 18 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    last game i completed was Xcom-Enemy Unknown. fantastic game. have felt so upset about losing members of my squad since Cannon Fodder.
  • Reacher 18 Feb 2013 23:32:10 857 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Sleeping Dogs 8/10.

I enjoyed the game quite a lot. However, I thought the gunplay in the later levels was much better than the hand to hand combat, and should maybe have been introduced sooner.

the story was pretty decent and the voice acting was also great. I liked the mix of English and HK talking throughout.

Graphics and sound were fantastic.

There were a few things i thought let it down a bit, some of the missions were a bit "meh", the city seemed empty on occasion, and some of the combat, especially hand to hand with the grapplers, was frustrating. I got fed up of the police missions about half way through and just did the gangster story line, whether I will go back and do the rest remains to be seen.

Solid game though.
  • Killer_Paul 19 Feb 2013 01:09:23 2 posts
    Seen 18 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Just finished Zelda Twilight Princess and starting Skyward Sword... EPIC!!

Tweet @paulmccarthy

• Tomo 22 Feb 2013 20:28:28 13,955 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Dishonored - 10/10

I'm fairly late to the party, but my god it was worth the wait. It's the best game I've played in ages apart from Hotline Miami.

+ decent story and characters
    + fantastic world
    + lovely artistic direction
    + just so much fun stealthing around killing everyone, and I killed EVERYONE.
    + tonnes of fun when you fuck it up and have to maim your way out of trouble
    + Blink is phenomenal
    + the verticality of the levels
    + exploring every last cubbyhole I could find.
    + 25 hours+ completion time for me! I thought some people said this was short?!
    + Granny Rags
    + the brothel and masquerade ball levels

- loses steam a little towards the end
    - very easy, and I played on Hard
    - Tallboys weren't nearly as fearsome as I'd expected
    - Charms could have had more imaginative bonuses I thought
  • PazJohnMitch 22 Feb 2013 20:31:05 8,420 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Heroes of Ruin: 3DS

So very average

5/10
  • hypoBla5t 23 Feb 2013 18:05:14 1,466 posts
    Seen 43 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Uncharted 3

The problem with sequels is that they are inevitably compared with what has come before. U3 is a very good game in its own right but for me, apart from in a couple of instances, U2 always comes out on top.

Essentially, my problem is that though it is exciting in places, almost everything that happened in U3, set pieces etc. etc. had already been done better in U2. The last boss fight was better in U3 and unarmed combat was also improved, but I found the story and locations ultimately lacking.

So: good, but not really a quantum leap forward.

8/10
  • wobbly_Bob 23 Feb 2013 18:49:47 1,846 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Dishonored

Loved it. A slow burn and at first I wasn't sure if I was going to like it. The world/characters/story were all excellent. The levels are very well designed and I especially liked the masquerade level.

It's great that you have so many choices to make that seem to matter with the options/narrative changing. I'm not sure if that's a well designed illusion though. Maybe on a second play through I can find out. I played a stelthy merciful corvo and got the good ending.

9/10
  • munki83 23 Feb 2013 20:02:30 1,438 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Trine 7/10

Decided to play through these since buying them in the Steam sale ages ago and the first one is a fun platfromer with only a few faults. THe min one being is the combat is pants and the later levels get a bit frustrating. Looking forward to Trine 2 as it looks fantastic on my pc
  • figaro7 24 Feb 2013 09:50:29 1,371 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    NintendoLand

After playing this on and off for the last few months and strictly from a single player perspective

+Outstanding graphics
    +Where can i find the soundtrack????!!!!
    +Pikmin adventure is nearly worth the price of admission alone
    +Level based games have surprising depth (ie pikmin, zelda and metroid)
    +Gives off unique ideas for the wii u gamepad
    +More an arcade feel than mini game feel
    +the choice to play on the gamepad or wiimote was a nice addition.

-Cannot play mario chase and luigis ghost house on your lonesome
    -Some games are dull and uninspiring

Nintendoland is a well thought out arcade game package. You'll be scratching your head at some of the inclusions, but overall, once you get sick of something there's something else to try.

The depth of games such as pikmin, zelda and metroid could be used in full fledged games of their own, especially pikmin. Others like balloon flight, yoshis fruit cart and kakashis castle hit the right notes on the high score front. Unfortunately some mini games are best left in the tech demo bin, f-zero is average and the octo dance game is poor.

As a single player game, i was quite surprised at what was offered, especially the depth of some of the games, it helps that it looks fantastic too.

8/10
  • DUFFMAN5 24 Feb 2013 10:10:17 15,056 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Crysis 3
    Skill lvl: Veteral
    Hours:4.5
    Completion %: 52%

Enjoyed it, I didn't race through, apart from maybe the 6th chapter, so supprised by my completion time.it really is a very short game. You can play through various skill modes of course and cheveo whore after the end screen, should you so wish,you keep upgrades.

Story wise, it was ok, still think of the 3 games, I prefer Crysis 2 campaign (in fact I'm replaying that in fits and starts at the mo)

I played a little MP (TDM) and will play a bit more, but that is just to kill time really. I was going to buy, but decided to rent, I'm probably glad I did.

"Duffman the grey is thrusting in the direction of the problem! Oh, yeah!"

• Deleted user 24 February 2013 11:32:01
    Darkness 2

Awesome. Engrossing story, loved the style of it, loved actually feeling like a total killing machine with the darkness, much more than the first one where I always thought the darkness powers were a bit poo.

Quite a short game, nailed in three sittings but if it was any longer than that it could have got a bit monotonous, maybe.

Also, loved the wee darkling in it.

9/10
  • Luckyjim 24 Feb 2013 16:05:00 2,873 posts
    Seen 19 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Far Cry 3

Finished this last night. I do love the environment and the freedom you have approaching each new combat situation, but there were a few things that really annoyed me.

Firstly, the context sensitive controls could be a real pain in the arse. There were a few occasions when my character wouldn't put out flames or change weapon because, seemingly, the game needed to finish an animated sequence first, despite telling me to press a particular button. It usually meant that I had to give it a second or so before it would properly let me do what I needed to do, by which point I was usually dead. I also found it to be a pain when needing to quickly loot bodies for weapons when the proverbial hit the fan.

My second issue revolved around how superfluous some of the side missions were. Real rinse and repeat stuff. As others have mentioned, it seemed that they built this terrific environment and only thought after how to populate it with things to do.

My major gripe, however, was the horrible story. By any criteria the writing and characterization is terrible. The story as whole is pretty objectionable: the locals are only able to throw off the violent oppression of the pirates when ‘Snow White’ turns up, with his ivy league diploma, camera phone and douche-bag haircut.

On top of that, no one is remotely believable, relatable or likable, even the supposed ‘good guys’. In fact I’d say the main protagonist and his friends are some of the most loathsome characters you’re supposed to emphasise with I’ve ever experienced in a video game. They really do feel like they’ve been written for a teenage American market.

Part of this is inherent problem FPSs use to tell stories i.e. always using the character’s fixed perspective during exposition. Whenever a character has some big speech it's always from the completely undramatic and flat framing of Brody’s view. It feels so amateur, like watching a home video.

They also do that irritating GTA thing of making every speech long-winded, melodramatic, verbose and full of unnecessary gesticulations. It just kills any sense of tension - most character interactions are bizarre, arbitrary and cliched. Given how serious Far Cry 3 takes itself, and how adult some of the issues it addresses are, I can’t imagine this was what they were aiming for.

There’s nothing wrong with shifting the angle during exposition. Third-person games do it all the time. Why can’t FPSs do it?

Developers: cinematic conventions and language are useful for a reason. Don’t be afraid to use them. Oh, and employ better writers

6/10
  • Paulie_P 25 Feb 2013 00:29:52 416 posts
    Seen 3 weeks ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    ZombiU
    + brillant use of the Wii U pad
    + tense and scary atmosphere
    + zombies are done well, 1 on it's own is no bother but more than 1 needs managed

- gets a bit repetitive towards the end
    - backtracking fetch quest

Overall a good demonstration of the unique experiences the Wii U pad can offer. Could be improved on and interested in what they could do in a sequel.

8/10
  • timetraveler 25 Feb 2013 07:34:13 61 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Far Cry 3. It was great. I totally recommend it.
  • King_Edward 25 Feb 2013 08:18:19 11,461 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance

+ Unbelievably satisfying combat
    + Smart health system
    + Varied levels and enemies
    + Ridiculous

+/- Great Metal Gear story

- camera made by the devil

9/10
  • HarryPalmer 25 Feb 2013 10:37:15 3,447 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Bioshock 2 - 9/10

This really grew on me. I was reluctant to play it when it came out because I was such a fan of the first one, if that makes sense. But I'd say this is the better game. It lacks the awe inspiring impact of first arriving in Rapture, and the characters aren't as memorable as the first, but the story is more compelling, and the gameplay has been subtly refined. It also has a stronger final third.

Bioshock 1 holds the greater memories, but I'd happily return to Rapture in the future.

Edited by HarryPalmer at 10:40:39 25-02-2013

Edited by HarryPalmer at 10:41:11 25-02-2013
  • Page

of 419 First / Last