Recently Completed Games Page 311

• Page

of 414 First / Last

• Gunzberg 3 Feb 2013 21:57:15 1,733 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    DmC 85%

Brilliant reboot in terms of level design, combat, exploration, decent story, great script and characters and Ninja Theory's trademark use of colourful levels The disco level is fantastic with the music. Gets better and better as you go on and keeps on surprising and giving.

Some frustrating bits where you're lost or don't know what to do and I dislike games where you can't open a door in level X because you only get the item to open it in Level X+10, that sucks.

But, in short buy it and love it. Slightly flawed brilliance.

Steam/PSN/XBL/Nintendo ID/Uplay/Origin: Gunzberg
    Blizzard Battletag: Gunzberg#2718

• Armoured_Bear 3 Feb 2013 22:33:19 11,295 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Dishonored (PC)

+ Nice visuals
    + Very atmospheric and rich world
    + Huge variety of ways to play the game
    + Decent Story

- Low Chaos far too difficult.
    - Becomes quite repetitive and dull in places.

8/10

XBL : ecosse011172
    PSN : ecosse_011172
    NNID : armoured_bear

• Gunzberg 3 Feb 2013 22:38:02 1,733 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Armoured_Bear wrote:
    Dishonored (PC)

+ Nice visuals
    + Very atmospheric and rich world
    + Huge variety of ways to play the game
    + Decent Story

- Low Chaos far too difficult.
    - Becomes quite repetitive and dull in places.

8/10
    I only did one run through and that was low chaos. Never had to restart a mission and found it quite straightforward. The only mission that wasn't marked low was the first where I did not know the difference.

"Possession" is your friend if you need to break down guard groups, then there's sleeping darts shot from a concealed position.

Maybe you chose a high difficulty setting ?

Edited by Gunzberg at 22:38:20 03-02-2013

• Humperfunk 3 Feb 2013 22:40:33 2,254 posts
    Seen 22 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Is "Low Chaos" the "no kills" one? I got to the end of the seventh mission and hit the glitch a few others did where it said I killed someone, I can tell you for free that I didn't. Poor form Dishonored, poor form!

PSN, XBL & NNID: Wedjwants

• Armoured_Bear 3 Feb 2013 22:45:12 11,295 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Humperfunk wrote:
    Is "Low Chaos" the "no kills" one? I got to the end of the seventh mission and hit the glitch a few others did where it said I killed someone, I can tell you for free that I didn't. Poor form Dishonored, poor form!
    Not necessarily "no kills", I think as few as possible is enough.

• Humperfunk 3 Feb 2013 22:46:22 2,254 posts
    Seen 22 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Oh yeah I remember now. Still bitter over that one kill against me, you can probably tell!

• Armoured_Bear 3 Feb 2013 22:50:38 11,295 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Humperfunk wrote:
    Oh yeah I remember now. Still bitter over that one kill against me, you can probably tell!
    I don't blame you :-)

• Gunzberg 3 Feb 2013 22:52:53 1,733 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    If you duell Lord Shaw and don't use a sleeping dart but fire the gun it counts as a kill.

• Humperfunk 3 Feb 2013 22:54:17 2,254 posts
    Seen 22 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Gunzberg wrote:
    If you duell Lord Shaw and don't use a sleeping dart but fire the gun it counts as a kill.
    I legged it from him, didn't even do the duel...

• mikeck 4 Feb 2013 10:53:10 1,936 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Finally finished Far Cry 3, probably a 9/10 for me.

Pretty much everything about this game was very good; great environment, great gunplay, lots to do, many ways to approach things, and it was a very solid endeavour all in all.

The one thing that was not good was the bloody story really. I liked the idea, and I liked the bastard characters, but the ones you're supposed to emphasise with and care about, I just found myself not caring that much.

I did like the revenge angle, and the overall feel of a descent into madness, but the ultimate pay-off was just not good enough. That last hour for me felt rushed, and not that satisfying. Rescuing your friends (the obvious choice) was the right way to go, but it didn't quite feel weighty enough for me. The 'side with Citra' ending was fucking terrible...just didn't feel believable to me, and smacked of 'need a shocking ending'

The story doesn't ruin the game for me at all though, this game felt appropriately suited to that slight b-movie schlock feel.

Co-op was also a lot of fun too (not tried MP though).
  • RyanDS 4 Feb 2013 11:09:49 9,423 posts
    Seen 43 seconds ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    mikeck wrote:
    Finally finished Far Cry 3, probably a 9/10 for me.

Pretty much everything about this game was very good; great environment, great gunplay, lots to do, many ways to approach things, and it was a very solid endeavour all in all.

The one thing that was not good was the bloody story really. I liked the idea, and I liked the bastard characters, but the ones you're supposed to emphasise with and care about, I just found myself not caring that much.

I did like the revenge angle, and the overall feel of a descent into madness, but the ultimate pay-off was just not good enough. That last hour for me felt rushed, and not that satisfying. Rescuing your friends (the obvious choice) was the right way to go, but it didn't quite feel weighty enough for me. The 'side with Citra' ending was fucking terrible...just didn't feel believable to me, and smacked of 'need a shocking ending'

The story doesn't ruin the game for me at all though, this game felt appropriately suited to that slight b-movie schlock feel.

Co-op was also a lot of fun too (not tried MP though).
    What really confused me was that the whole game I thought the ending would be you save everyone, your freinds fuck off back to civilization while you stay on the island as a mad god of destruction.

I thought it was all building up to that, instead you get two stupid options that made no sense to me.
  • mikeck 4 Feb 2013 11:32:09 1,936 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @RyanDS Exactly!

Maybe they thought that was too obvious and tried to 'twist' it up by making radical changes to the end plot.

You're supposed to be so changed by events that as you say neither ending makes much sense at all.
  • Daddy-Doom-Bar 5 Feb 2013 13:29:20 2,434 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Hitman Absolution PC 9/10

Lovely looking game, good variety of missions and settings (considering). Especially liked the part in my home county, even though it looks nothing like that...
    Anyway, good ending which ties up this game nicely and sets the next one up.
    I am however, completely and utterly over the USA as a setting for any game, for any reason. (Other than it getting invaded/defended etc...)
    Hitman is made by the Swede's yes? Why not set it there? Flippin awesome scenery and some architectural differences would go a long way to setting Hitman apart from any other games of it's ilk.
    I wish to god they'd stop setting GTA in the US. But they won't...ever.
    Other slight gripe was the ease of the epilogue. The initial sneak through the graveyard was a bit of a git, but did it on the second attempt. I then killed the woman within a minute, with a single shot with a silenced Silverballer right at the entrance, then just waited a few seconds for the two guards nearby to move towards the body, then walked out...the three Praetorians were even easier. Three silent garrotes within a couple of minutes and I was done. There were no other guards around, the infared beams weren't placed in any way as to hinder me at all and all three men had patterns that were well outside each others sight. Way too easy for the end end game and felt like a bit of tacked on filler to drag it out a little more.

Forgot to say - the Kane and Lynch cameo's were brilliant little nods. Especially how they appeared. Very thoughtful.

Edited by Daddy-Doom-Bar at 19:22:44 05-02-2013

You must be the change you wish to see in the world - Ghandi

• DUFFMAN5 5 Feb 2013 23:43:31 14,770 posts
    Seen 17 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Resistance3
    Time: 8-9hours
    Skill: normal
    Score: 9

Really loved this game. Lovely guns and gun play, especially the alt fire on them. I also bought into the story from the getgo, great atmosphere.
    The graphics were ok to good, not stand out though, to be fair I can live with that, I have never been s graphics whore.
    I did try to get a game online, but no chance of that.
    If you fancy s FPS with s bit more heart than normal, you could do far worse than R3
    :-)

Edited by DUFFMAN5 at 08:27:14 06-02-2013

"Duffman the grey is thrusting in the direction of the problem! Oh, yeah!"

• Gruff 5 Feb 2013 23:59:32 2,880 posts
    Seen 59 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Episode 2 of the walking dead.

I have all 5 episodes, but need to ration them out so I don't have a nervous breakdown

9/10 so far

“It's not easy to find happiness in ourselves, and it's not possible to find it elsewhere.”
    ― Agnes Repplier

• Ultrasoundwave 6 Feb 2013 08:24:06 3,316 posts
    Seen 15 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Far Cry 3 (360)

Wow. Where do you even start with this game?

Easily my Game of the Year for 2012, this game absolutely blew me away. A few years back i did manage to finish Far Cry 2, but it left a bad taste in my mouth - you could see what Ubisoft were trying to do, but they dropped the ball on some pretty glaring things.

With Far Cry 3, the experience is refined to perfection. The guns are massively improved (with some excellent customisation options) : they are meatier, louder and generally just a pleasure to use.

The melee system is excellent, especially as you upgrade your character and unlock the ability to take down multiple enemies just with your hands.

The vehicles and travelling are also a joy - cars, buggies, quad bikes and trucks offer nice variety. You also get some incredible forms of transport like a glider and, later in the game, a wingsuit.

I enjoyed the story, some of the characters were outstanding (Vaas being the overall winner) and the Rook Islands are some of the best locations ever created in a videogame. Everything from the terrain to the wildlife is beautifully created and it enhances the game to a very high standard.

The only downside to FC3 are the games other two offerings. The Multiplayer is non-existent and very basic, whilst the co-op is fine to play through but doesnt hit the high standard set by the campaign.

The campaign alone is a 10/10 experience, but the other lacklustre offerings on the disc unfairly drag the final score of the game down to :

9/10

Edited by Ultrasoundwave at 08:24:56 06-02-2013

"The worst part is, I'll have to have the break-up sex with myself!"

• HelloNo 7 Feb 2013 23:11:44 1,125 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Mass Effect 3 - Take Back Omega (DLC)

Not bad overall. But not brilliant either.

Good:

* Good new enemies
    * Good atmosphere
    * An actual class-interupt, if you're an Engineer

Bad:

* Pretty same-y
    * Dialogue is pretty uninspiring.
    * Same with the voice acting. It's not bad, just not the excellent standard it usually is.

Edit: May as well give it a score - 6/10

Edited by Kanjin at 23:12:12 07-02-2013
  • TOOTR 8 Feb 2013 06:26:07 9,589 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Bioshock 2 - Minerva's Den (DLC)

Tremendously atmospheric and well crafted.

Deserves it's reputation as an example of DLC done brilliantly.

10/10

Everybody should just calm down a little bit and have a nice cup of tea.

• b0rk 8 Feb 2013 06:55:41 2,767 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    God of War aka The David Jaffe Rage Experiment - 7/10

Good bone-crunching and satisfying brawler which got a brilliant HD makeover with just enough frustrating bits to make me want to kill David Jaffe and his entire family.

God of War 2: Lets Drag Things Around Really Slowly - 4/10

I've never been a fan of this to be honest but decided to give it another go. After a excellent opening things get quite boring quite quickly. The melee combat is strangely unsatisfying and not as visceral as the first God of War. I found there to be too many boring and obvious puzzles that required various things being dragged around a lot. Far too many puzzles were of the timed variety and I just wanted the whole game to be over so I could move onto the third installment.
  • imamazed 8 Feb 2013 16:24:10 5,699 posts
    Seen 22 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Bioshock 2

A pleasant suprise. I actually enjoyed it all the way through, although it certainly does pick up in the last 2-3 hours. I suppose it is just more of the same, but I completed the original back in 2007 so it's been a while. I thought the story was going to be awful, and whilst it wasn't the best I've ever seen in a game, it was actually very compelling. Haven't tried the multiplayer and doubt I will, but the story was great fun. Hypnotise 3 4tw.

8/10
  • Adamical 8 Feb 2013 16:28:53 314 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Finished Bioshock again last night. Still utterly superb.

Of course, the end boss is still pretty shit, and the combat is iffy in places, but overall it's still wonderfully atmospheric and tells a gripping story.

Saved all the little sisters like a boss.
  • imamazed 8 Feb 2013 16:31:29 5,699 posts
    Seen 22 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Adamical wrote:

Saved all the little sisters like a boss.
    I didn't first time round and I still like an utter bastard for it :(
  • sirtacos 9 Feb 2013 00:53:48 7,282 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Enslaved: Odyssey to the West

Gameplay was passable... sometimes fun, but mostly boring. I only stuck around because I liked the characters and wanted to see the story through.

6/10 for gameplay
    8/10 for characters, dialogue, storyline, etc.

Edited by sirtacos at 10:05:52 09-02-2013
  • HelloNo 9 Feb 2013 01:05:17 1,125 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Mass Effect 3 - Leviathan DLC

Got this the same time I got Omega. This was waaaay better. Not quite shadowbroker but much closer.

Good points:

* Variety in gameplay
    * Great combat bits.
    * Have own team with you this time
    * Good conclusion!

Bad points:

* Pixel hunting a little tedious, but not too bad (you'll see what I mean if you buy it)

Definitely worth a pick up if your in the mood for more Mass Effect; 8/10.
  • RyanDS 9 Feb 2013 14:42:33 9,423 posts
    Seen 43 seconds ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    The Cave on PS3.

To be honest I only completed this as I spent money on it, it was pretty poor. Bags of charm, lovely story and graphics, but just so dull and frustrating in the gameplay department. About an hour in I just gave up and played through with a walkthrough. And I say this as someone who completed Monkey Island, Maniac Masion, and even fucking Zak McKraken and the Alien Mindbenders without help. It isn't that the puzzles are hard, it's just that there is so much fucking backtracking and tedium involved.

5/10
  • TOOTR 9 Feb 2013 14:50:19 9,589 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @imamazed I recommend playing bioshock 2 multiplayer for a few hours. It's really quite enjoyable and much better than I thought it would be,

Not great longevity mind due to some über leveled up idiots.

But def worth a try.

Everybody should just calm down a little bit and have a nice cup of tea.

• StrayBezza 9 Feb 2013 15:54:19 210 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Do people still play bioshock 2 online.......? Wow.
  • Stranded87 9 Feb 2013 17:54:50 907 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Baldur's Gate EE on iPad.

Basically as good as I remember it being. Huge, deep and challenging. I also loved playing it on the iPad, it might not be quite as good a fit as mouse and keyboard, but it worked fine for me and I find it so much more relaxing to play on.

9/10
  • King_Edward 10 Feb 2013 11:20:35 11,454 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Devil May Cry 4

+ Great combat
    + Excellent boss fights
    + Well balanced enemies
    + Varied and well designed arenas
    + Dante

- Back tracking
    - Stupid, boring cut-scenes
    - Kyrie
    - Nero

After bedding in with Nero the game really unleashes once you get your hands on Dante's sublime combat ability. It's a good way of helping new comers get into the game before letting them loose. Unfortunately it's all too short lived, you only spend 8 or so missions with Dante before getting dumped back into Nero's comparitivel sluggish and clunky body.

Great game all the same.

8/10

Bayonetta

+ Combat
    + Visuals
    + Challenging
    + Funny
    + Well balanced, paced, and varied

- Infrequent but dire QTEs
    - A space Harrier section that goes on way too long

As near to perfect as makes no difference. Combat is so stylish and and responsive, there are a huge variety of moves to chain together, and it's all tied up in a story that makes no sense but is still fun anyway.

10/10

DmC: Devil May Cry

+ More great combat
    + Utterly gorgeous
    + Lots of well hidden extras
    + Varied enviroments
    + Surprisingly wide and open levels to get lost in
    + Good one liners
    + Accessible
    + Sassy Dante

- Drawn out platforming
    - Restrictive enemy design
    - Poor boss fights (Bob Barbas excluded)
    - Dumb story and "tool shed" dialogue
    - Easy
    - Vergil and Cat
    - Dante, when he's talking to Vergil or Cat

As far as reboots go it's at the top end. All lot of respect has been shown to the old the games. There's nods to Dante's hair, a sort of disfigured Trish character, and a Team Little Devils logo pops up at the end. Combat at its best is free flowing, but too many enemies are designed to stifle you, forcing you into using only cetain weapons, or forcing you to wait too long for your opportunity to attack. Dante and the story are mixed as well. When quipping with bosses Dante throws out some good lines, but whenever the game tries to focus on story it slows down to a po faced sluggy holt.

7/10
  • Page

of 414 First / Last