Recently Completed Games Page 309

• Page

of 409 First / Last

• Deleted user 17 January 2013 20:00:27
    Lego Batman 2

Well didn't expect to complete this sooooo soon. Well i havn't really as i got so much to do in the open world bit. But i finished all the levels. Andddddd. I really really really enjoyed this.

+ Plenty of charm, nice visuals, great sound (oh John williams!)
    + Well designed levels, gameplay is fun, mixed, and just a pleasure to sit back and enjoy
    + Captures saturday morning cartoon antics down to a tee, and some of the 'in' jokes are great.
    + Loads to do. Loads. Loads. Loads.
    + Had me hooked

- Platforming is a bit wonky
    - Story mode is relatively short (Took me about 9 hours- but iam going into the endgame stuff now)
    - A couple of the later levels get a bit cluttered with so many playable characters on screen
    - Open world and levels aren't intergrated enough, didn't feel i had the chance to do stuff in the open world. When i was used to the game, i got shuttled along with the batman/superman levels.

But those are minor annoyances.

Really surprised me how fun the game was. A breath of fresh air, and just look forward to playing more getting or the stuff.

9/10

Edited by joelstinton at 20:00:53 17-01-2013

Edited by joelstinton at 20:01:42 17-01-2013
  • Rens11 17 Jan 2013 22:10:29 1,391 posts
    Seen 19 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    My mate who normally only plays cod bought Lego batman 2 at Morrison's for 98p as it was so cheap. Played it and really enjoyed it! Shame so many people just play cod nowadays

Dont kid yourself, Jimmy. If a cow ever got the chance, hed eat you and everyone you care about!

• King_Edward 17 Jan 2013 22:35:15 11,454 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Pretty sure the Lego games sell their fair share.
  • PazJohnMitch 17 Jan 2013 23:13:43 7,962 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Lego batman 2 for 98p is an awesome deal.
  • jabberwoky 19 Jan 2013 12:59:40 484 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Just finished halo 4. It was up there with the other halo's, so 343 seem to have hit the spot. They absolutely abused the "go to x, y, z locations to disable (or whatever) the whatevers mechanic. That apart it was a great game.

Edited by jabberwoky at 13:01:11 19-01-2013
  • StarchildHypocrethes 19 Jan 2013 16:27:18 25,517 posts
    Seen 37 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Devil May Cry (the new one)

First game I've sat down and finished in a few sessions in ages. Pretty much the perfect blend of action, style and empowering combat. The only thing that let it down were a few unimaginative boss fights.

Spot on.

9/10

Edited by StarchildHypocrethes at 16:28:43 19-01-2013
  • Deleted user 19 January 2013 16:39:31
    Devil May Cry Reboot

Absolutely great stuff and I was a bit annoyed when it ended. Some minor annoyances were the platforming segments near the end with the fire that would sap your health while you fell to your death and the type specific enemies.

I'm only taking points off as the last two bosses were pretty weak in terms of a challenge and I don't think it has too much replay value. Overall though one of the best action games I've played this gen and it deserves to be played by anyone even interested in the genre. Great OST by Combichrist as well.

85%

Hitman Absolution

While it definitely had its moment s there was far too much filler involved for my liking. The disguise system was what annoyed me the most as enemies would instantly tell in a few seconds that you were not part of their group ( I was playing on hard though )

I found certain missions absolutely awesome such as Shaving Lenny and The King of Chinatown but for each self contained hit there was too much sneaking filler to override it.

I might play through a few missions on normal again just to see how the A.I reacts to the disguises but for my money this is not a patch on the original games but as I said it definitely had its moments.

72%
  • Deleted user 19 January 2013 17:29:56
    Anarchy Reigns

I wasn't sure at first but this is every bit the 9/10 EG gave it in my opinion.

The most refreshing action game I've played in a long time and my personal Platinum favourite. The concept is just so well done, see past its rough exterior and theres are real thorough bred brawler in here.

The different game types from Cage Match to Deathball really show how well this game has been designed.

I'm now really looking forward to playing Metal Gear Rising.
  • TechnoHippy 19 Jan 2013 21:09:19 14,705 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Far Cry 3

Loved this, some of the story missions were annoying, but conducting my own guerilla war across the island was great fun. Following the hunter's path also had some good moments.

8/10

My books, contests, reviews and author interviews on my blog

• whatthefu 21 Jan 2013 21:09:42 864 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    NFS Most Wanted 2012
    8/10

Reminded me of a cross between burnout paradise and the latest ridge racer.

Fun, challenging, nice looking, different to hot pursuit (which i overplayed)
    Only took 10 hours to complete, some cops chases were needless and would rather have option warp to beginning of races.
  • Dav_UK2007 21 Jan 2013 22:13:13 69 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Took a while but finished Tales of Graces f. Found that some of the dungeons dragged on a bit and sent you back tracking for the sake of it but overall very enjoyable.

The characters and skits went from grating to likeable and the battle system really opens up with each character having their own kind of sub-system if you take manual control of them.
    7/10

Finishing the main game opens up the epilouge that takes place 6 months later and the writers seem to let go and try to introduce a lot more humour. Not yet decided whether to stick with it or move onto something new.
  • waggy79 22 Jan 2013 01:06:23 931 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    whatthefu wrote:
    NFS Most Wanted 2012
    8/10

Reminded me of a cross between burnout paradise and the latest ridge racer.

Fun, challenging, nice looking, different to hot pursuit (which i overplayed)
    Only took 10 hours to complete, some cops chases were needless and would rather have option warp to beginning of races.
    I warped to the start of the majority of the races, I think as long as you've driven past the race starting point you can warp to it.
  • CameronM94 22 Jan 2013 01:55:14 2 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Far cry 3
    DMC

Both amazing games, it's a good start to the year for me!

Edited by CameronM94 at 03:23:44 22-01-2013
  • robthehermit 22 Jan 2013 09:44:30 4,026 posts
    Seen 54 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Finished Far Cry 3. Might go back in and see if I can get the rock throwing achievement. Not too bothered about the co-op ones, but might have a look at them anyway.

Dishonored or Deus Ex next I think.

GT: robthehermit

Velim esset mundus iustus futuis procul et mori.

• PazJohnMitch 22 Jan 2013 09:57:41 7,962 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    robthehermit wrote:
    Finished Far Cry 3. Might go back in and see if I can get the rock throwing achievement. Not too bothered about the co-op ones, but might have a look at them anyway.

Dishonored or Deus Ex next I think.
    The rock throwing one is a little odd. It seems you have to distract the guy but let him carry on with his patrol. Do not kill him when he is distracted.
  • robthehermit 22 Jan 2013 10:01:48 4,026 posts
    Seen 54 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    @PazJohnMitch Cheers, that must be where I've been going wrong. I always distract them and then stab the shit out of them when they're alone.

GT: robthehermit

Velim esset mundus iustus futuis procul et mori.

• gelf 22 Jan 2013 10:10:50 188 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Mark of the Ninja

I really loved this. It doesn't take much for stealth to feel like a total grind and it never felt like that here. It felt especially good the times I was able to quickly clear a room darting in and out of the shadows and totally freaking out the guards. One of the few Ninja games to actually make you feel like a Ninja.

9/10
  • Ultrasoundwave 22 Jan 2013 10:16:51 3,276 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Lots of people finishing DmC, is it really short or something?

"The worst part is, I'll have to have the break-up sex with myself!"

• kinky_mong 22 Jan 2013 10:48:47 10,102 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    gelf wrote:
    Mark of the Ninja

I really loved this. It doesn't take much for stealth to feel like a total grind and it never felt like that here. It felt especially good the times I was able to quickly clear a room darting in and out of the shadows and totally freaking out the guards. One of the few Ninja games to actually make you feel like a Ninja.

9/10
    Recently finished MotN too and I completely agree with this. Stealth games are very hit and miss with me but I loved nearly every minute of the game, and it makes you feel badass when you clear an area in a stylish way. Highly recommended.

I'll never get my Orc looking the same again.

• andytheadequate 22 Jan 2013 11:51:36 8,111 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    gelf wrote:
    Mark of the Ninja

9/10
    I completed this a few days ago and I completely agree. There was only one level that I didn't really enjoy (the one near the end with all the traps and collapsing ledges, it was far too trial and error).

It's basically Shadow Complex: Ninjas, and that's as amazing as it sounds

Edit - It now looks like I copied what Kinky Mong says...

Edited by andytheadequate at 11:52:38 22-01-2013
  • StarchildHypocrethes 22 Jan 2013 13:03:03 25,517 posts
    Seen 37 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Ultrasoundwave wrote:
    Lots of people finishing DmC, is it really short or something?
    Took me just over 11 hours according to my save game.
  • imamazed 22 Jan 2013 13:38:30 5,530 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Dead Island

Technically it's not perfect. Far from it. The mini map works about half the time, graphical glitches are plentiful and some of the tasks do not operate smoothly. However, the combat is perenially satisfying, the sense of progression is genuinely compelling and the environments are interesting. The story isn't actually all that bad really, but some of the voice acting is atrocious. It has the most random assortment of accents I've ever heard in a game. It was very jarring at first, but actually ends up just being funny. Really good fun, and when I finished I was suprised to see I had clocked up as many as 19 hours. Now, to go back in for co-op and 'chievs.

8/10
  • DFawkes 22 Jan 2013 21:30:13 22,760 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    The Dark Knight Rises (some film spoilers too) (Android, also available for iPhone and iPad)

I was hoping for an open-world game with Arkham Asylum style combat, and to be fair that's pretty much what I got. Of course it's forced to make concessions to the film, so it does take you out of the city and plonk you in The Pit for a while as just Bruce Wayne. You'll never guess what form the climb out takes! Bloody QTEs.

But once you're out the main missions are pretty good. The combat is mostly Arkham Asylum light, though a bit clunkier and with less options - you do have a jump move similar to AA but it's significantly less useful, which mostly breaks it down to button bashing, counters and the occasional gadget.

The real joy is in navigating Gotham with the Grappler. It really makes it feel really open, and is great for combat too. You can isolate enemies by dragging them up to the rooftop with you, or topple snipers from their perches. I know it sounds awful, but it really becomes your go-to tool for both travel and controlling combat. You also have the cape for gliding.

You also have the option of stealth, but that falls apart a bit. It mostly works, but you really do have to invest in the skills for it. I was lucky in that I realised I should go for those skills first. If you go for those, the occasional mandatory stealth sections become less bullshit and pass swiftly. I have to admit, there is a thrill to picking snipers off around a group of hostages, before sweeping in with your cape and taking on a group of thugs.

There is also some of the other stuff you expect, like an XP and upgrade system, the Batpod and The Bat (which handle horribly), side missions and collectibles hidden around the place. But the main weakness is the number of missions - there aren't that many, and the game resorts to "Do some side missions that are now mandatory!" near the end a few times as padding.

But overall, for the price it is (I think it's about a fiver now), the experience of being Batman is fairly solid. It's just a shame there isn't all that much to do once you finish the main storyline except the same few random crimes, but I think I'll keep playing for a while yet to get a few more upgrades - the fully upgraded Grappler is a 1 kit kill so I want it!

7/10

Please note I was playing on an Xperia Play - I have no idea how it'd play just using touch controls, so I'd recommend a controller of some description if you can find one.

Edited by DFawkes at 20:30:53 24-01-2013

I'd kick the living daylights out of the producers of Tipping Point - Ghandi

• whatthefu 23 Jan 2013 20:08:34 864 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I Am Alive

7/10
    Good game, nice style and I was prepared to die and try again, over and over.
    Bad ending, maybe too short with no real story conclusion.

I read it was cancelled/cut short, can't understand why.

Edited by whatthefu at 20:11:13 23-01-2013
  • Deleted user 23 January 2013 23:16:17
    @DFawkes

Have I missed something? I don't remember there being a game to Dark Knight Rises.
  • Adamical 24 Jan 2013 09:49:45 314 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    AdamAsunder wrote:
    @DFawkes

Have I missed something? I don't remember there being a game to Dark Knight Rises.
  • captbirdseye 24 Jan 2013 09:50:28 4,845 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Mobile phone game.
  • DFawkes 24 Jan 2013 20:27:09 22,760 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Oops, sorry! Should've really said the format there, and made a note on the controls. I didn't think about that.

I'd kick the living daylights out of the producers of Tipping Point - Ghandi

• Ultrasoundwave 25 Jan 2013 10:04:41 3,276 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Halo 4

Finally got around to finishing the campaign last night.

Loved it - in fact, i'd go as far as saying it was my favourite Halo so far (and im a big fan of the series).

Very solid story and really well acted. Jen Taylor specifically does some excellent work as Cortana.

Amazing graphics - easily the best on the 360. The fact that 343 managed to put out a game that looks this good with no sacrifices to the performance makes me think the 360 has still got some life in it yet!

Very impressed with the weapons too. I always felt that the assault rifle was a bit under-powered in previous games and i was delighted that 343 have finally made it a bit of a beast - it feels heavier, meatier and deadlier. Also, the new shotgun is excellent and the battle rifle is very nice. The SAW, however, is the best new weapon - an absolute powerhouse. Just wish it was in the game more!

Final word goes to the new antagonists - very impressed by the Prometheans. Yes, there did seem to be a lack of enemy types (pretty sure it was just Knights and those dog/ant things) but im sure 343 will add some variation to the next instalment. I was a little disappointed by the Promethean weapons, basically flashy versions of the UNSC weapons, but overall the Prometheans are an excellent new addition to the universe.

Been playing the multiplayer for a while and, just like the campaign, 343 have taken the Bungie blueprint and polished it and refinied it to perfection.

Spartan Ops is a great addition too - getting episodic content released on a regular basis to add longevity (for free!?) : brilliant idea.

A fantastic experience, great value for money and the best Halo yet :

10/10

"The worst part is, I'll have to have the break-up sex with myself!"

• King_Edward 25 Jan 2013 13:02:35 11,454 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    The great thing about 343 is that they're the same sort of soulless mega-developer as Santa Monica. So that level of quality is pretty much guaranteed.
  • Page

of 409 First / Last