Recently Completed Games Page 293

• Page

of 414 First / Last

• nickthegun 18 Sep 2012 11:24:37 60,133 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Dead Space 2 - Pretty good, certainly most of the things that pissed me off about the first one were gone in the second.

Apart from a lot of overlapping controls.

And having to repeat sections over and over to learn spawn points.

And the level up system being awful shit.

And most of the weapons being useless.

And having manual save points.

But apart from that, it was decent. The story was pretty good, if a touch incoherent and it was balls out body horror, which was nice.

8/10

---------------------------------------------------------
    someone say something funny

• LockeTribal 18 Sep 2012 11:41:49 4,516 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @mikeck Cheers mike.
  • lordofdeadside 20 Sep 2012 13:07:24 1,117 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    The Witcher 2: Assassin's of Kings - 360

Great action rpg, gritty, bloody and violent. Every character and race has real personality and flaws, making each choice neither right or wrong. The combat was great although I'm very glad I played it on easy, it must be incredibly hard on higher difficulties.

+ Great characters & story
    + Looks incredible (for a 360 title), they've really wrung an amazing spectacle out of the hardware
    + Combat is tough and visceral
    + Choices are both tricky to make and genuinely seem to effect the game

- Slightly clunky interface in places (limited quest markers for example!)
    - Some elements are poorly explained
    - Some of the puzzles were very difficult, had to resort to a guide in a couple of places

9/10
  • Raiko101 21 Sep 2012 16:34:13 6,341 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Rayman Origins: Wii

I've been playing this on and off for a few months now, with my girlfriend, and it's been great. I had got the impression that this game got quite difficult towards the end, but I had no such troubles. For sure, it gets harder, but we never got stuck. Maybe playing co-op makes things a little easier.

The only real difficult moments in the game are those damn chests you have to chase. It's nothing more than a memory game and it can get quite frustrating at times. Besides that, i've not really got any complaints. It's not the best platformer of the generation. That award goes to Donkey Kong Country Returns, which is also much, much harder. Will definitely be picking up Rayman Legends at some point, though!

3DS: 4210 4002 8289 (Dave)
    Wii U: Raiko87
    Xbox Live: Raiko87

• andytheadequate 21 Sep 2012 16:58:26 8,218 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Speaking of memory games, I completed Joe danger 2 the other day. A good game but didn't quite have the focus of the first one, and I had the impression of having seen it all before...

Still, recommended if you want more of the same, but would recommend the original if you haven't already played that
  • mikeck 21 Sep 2012 23:38:52 1,936 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Just completed Alice: Madness Returns (bought cheap on PSN).

Generally, an enjoyable game.

Loved:
    - the art style, concepts and overall design.
    - Combat
    - Sound

Hated:
    - The platforming was way too hard in places, notably in;
    - Chapter 5
    - Too many shoe-horned in ideas that weren't fully fleshed out

Voice-acting throughout was sporadic, sometimes very good, and sometimes truly awful. I was really taken by the overall designs of the characters, enemies, levels and thought it was all neatly put together.

It's just a shame that Chapter 5 really soured the whole game for me.

6/10 for me.

Next up, Borderlands 2...YES!
  • PazJohnMitch 22 Sep 2012 15:35:43 8,130 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Dungeon Hunter (Vita)

Completely generic but I thought it was pretty enjoyable.

7/10

Catherine (360)

I found the earlier levels a bit annoying and I also thought the controls were a tad clunky. The style and structure of the game however are very good and I thought the story was very well done.

Not sure about the morality thing though. Baseball is apparently good but Golf is evil.

8/10
  • TechnoHippy 22 Sep 2012 19:06:08 14,718 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Dawnguard

It was fun wandering around Skyrim again. This adds a few decent quests to the game, although the end fight was a bit of an anti-climax.

7/10

My books, contests, reviews and author interviews on my blog

• Deleted user 22 September 2012 19:51:43
    Gears of War 3 6/10

Fuck me that was hardwork. I don't remember the previous two being so damn repetitive but maybe it is simply that I was finally bored of the repetition by the third game. Either way, I consider myself a fan of the serious but I literally couldn't take the monotonous format anymore so was very glad when it was over. I will concede I was just not in the mood for the grind (which is why it is on the right side of 5) but the obvious format flaws just cannot be overlooked after three games and god knows how many hours.
  • StixxUK 22 Sep 2012 20:03:42 7,255 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Just finished LittleBigPlanet (the first, really old one on PS3).

7/10. Inventive, fun, interesting but frustrating platform mechanics (not least due to the lives system sending you back to the start of the level if you mess up a few times. It feels harsh, unfair and out of place next to the atmosphere of fun permeating the game.

Played a few other peoples' levels but all I could find were endless "FREE ITEMS" levels which sound like utter balls. Played a couple of proper levels and had a go at creating my own but haven't felt any great urge to play more.

I still feel kind of compelled to play the Vita version though and I don't know why. Must be that hype machine.
  • Deleted user 22 September 2012 20:29:14
    I think LBP is at its best if you can get 3 mates together and play some 4 player. I was lucky that it came out whilst i was at uni, so me and my flatmates had a awesome go at it. It was so good i had another mate across the road and one a few floors below us come round to play it as well.

I might be moving up to london soon where all of my uni friends now live, and i'm damn making sure i take LBP2 and Rayman with me. Kind of excited for the wii u for that reason too.
  • StixxUK 22 Sep 2012 20:53:37 7,255 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Might have to give it a go on the same room multi player then... online I just found the other players to be a massive liability!
  • King_Edward 22 Sep 2012 21:51:30 11,454 posts
    Seen 22 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    For the best UGC levels check out Syroc's stuff, and have look through his hearted creators.

Off the top of my head I remember "The Unfair Platformer" being great. Like a happy, self aware version of LIMBO.

Edited by King_Edward at 21:51:56 22-09-2012
  • Gunzberg 23 Sep 2012 17:31:07 1,733 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Brutal Legend

75%

great soundtrack, varied gameplay, loved the setting and unique style of something different a la Tim Schafer. Hated achievements that require collecting shit or playing the developer in MP. Crap RTS sections. Story was ok

Steam/PSN/XBL/Nintendo ID/Uplay/Origin: Gunzberg
    Blizzard Battletag: Gunzberg#2718

• Gunzberg 23 Sep 2012 17:32:54 1,733 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Solatorobo:Red the Hunter (DS)

7.5/10

Somehow it felt as if it took forever to complete. There are even downloadable quests once you are done with the main story.

Story was ok, gameplay ok, setting ok. Nothing that really stood out or dragged it down. Great time killer if bought on a budget but if you give it a miss you've haven't missed that much either.

Steam/PSN/XBL/Nintendo ID/Uplay/Origin: Gunzberg
    Blizzard Battletag: Gunzberg#2718

• Raiko101 23 Sep 2012 18:47:55 6,341 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    This is the quickest i've gone from posting in the 'currently playing' thread to the 'recently completed' thread, but here we go.

Dead Rising 2

This is a game of two halves, unfortunately. It's a great concept, with some addictive gameplay. I love the whole idea of rescuing survivors and fighting your way through hoards of zombies, and the AI has improved enough that this is no longer a frustrating task. I even love the new weapon combo concept, which is much more enjoyable than taking photos. However, the Psychopath and boss fights are some of the laziest and frustrating battles i've ever experienced. They're not quite as bad as in Dead Rising 1, in which I had to glitch, or exploit poor game design, in order to complete some of them, but there's little thought put into these encounters and it spoils the game considerably. You can ignore them, for the most part, but it's as if Capcom intentionally made them badly.

Still, the game offers a ton of replay value and although I achieved an S ranking on my first playthrough, there are tons of achievements to play for and tons of weapons to play around with. I imagine it'll become more enjoyable 2nd or 3rd time around.

I'm also looking forward to playing it online, co-operatively. Which is an awesome addition. As for the main game...

7/10

• Deleted user 23 September 2012 19:57:30
    Journey (PS3)

The first game I bought for my PS3. I hadn't really heard much about it, apart from the universally positive review scores so I was expecting something special. I was not disappointed. Maybe 9.99 is a bit steep, but the game is quite an experience and the use of Co-Op is inspired. 10/10
  • Deleted user 23 September 2012 20:27:31
    @Fantomex I love reading peoples stories of there experiences in journey. The game is a masterpiece. Everyone story is different and the game provokes different reactions in different people and the need to tell it as a story. Its brilliant, for a game with little narrative, it nails the art of storytelling really cleverly. I went through the whole thing with one partner. The thought that he probably went on some forum or told someone his version of the story really struck a chord with me. This gen most important game i think.
  • Deleted user 24 September 2012 09:03:22
    Rayman Origins(360)

+Lovely graphics
    +The music is great, especially the underwater level
    +Some good platforming and it's 2d

-Sometimes the controls are unresponsive
    -Shit bosses
    -Gets boring towards the end

6/10
  • JetSetWilly 24 Sep 2012 11:00:31 5,721 posts
    Seen 4 months ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Demon's Souls

The most absorbing, punishing and rewarding game I've played in a very long time. I didn't think I would have the stomach for it but it hooked me in and 40 hours later the final demon's soul is mine.

10/10
  • Raiko101 24 Sep 2012 12:07:20 6,341 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    iHAZaCHEEZ3burger wrote:
    Rayman Origins(360)

-Sometimes the controls are unresponsive
    6/10
    Had this in the Wii version, but failed to mention it. Meant I had to retry a few levels again through no fault of my own. Hopefully they've cleared it up for the sequel.

• figaro7 24 Sep 2012 12:20:07 1,364 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Been a while, havent been gaming over the past month but im back and whipped through same games

Rage of the gladiator Wiiware

This is almost as good as the game it aspires to, punch out, looks fantastic and plays just as good. A great puzzle fighter

9/10

Spec Ops The Line

I really enjoyed this, the setting was delightfully barren in its approach that had a feeling of isolation from the rest of the world. The characters and story were a real surprise but at times it tried too hard to push the message.

Although i must admit i struggled with the controls for a while, the cover system just didnt feel as fluid as something like gears.

A solid 3rd person shooter however and well worth a trip to dubai, or whats left of it if your in the mood for a good shooter.

7/10

Rhythm Heaven Wii

Wacky, animated, comedy, finely tuned, twitchy, brutal. The ultimate twitch game, where pushing A or B can make magic appear on the screen in time with the music. Definately a fun game, better in short bursts than long sessions, but for me there wasnt enough stand out mini games, the the challenge levels at the end of each stage were bloody good.

7/10
  • RyanDS 24 Sep 2012 12:56:11 9,430 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Saints row 2

Fantastic. After the dismal, dreary awful shit that was GTA4 it is fantastic to play a game that is the proper successor to GTA Vice City.

+Genuinely funny
    +Great characters
    +Fun to play
    +Always loads of missions
    +I could play as an overweight bearded, bald guy in a mankini.
    +It clears the foulness of GTA4 from my brain.

-A couple of missions near the end upped the difficulty too much - 2 missions alone cost the game a point.
    -It does look ropey
    -No parked cars. Seriously, when you need a car there was never one nearby.

Still, overall fantastic. Would have been 9 or even 10/10 but those last few missions pissed me off.

8/10
  • Paulie_P 24 Sep 2012 16:06:33 415 posts
    Seen 54 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Banjo-Kazooie
    + Excellent music and sound
    + Brilliant finale the boardgame!
    + Still Controls excellent
    + I feel the gameplay holds up to this day (mostly), can't understand the 5/10 eg review
    + memorable class

- Graphics looking a little dated by now
    - One of the jiggys in Rusty Bucket Bay, definitely a product of it's time
    - This really set the template for Rare's OCD Collectathon titles such as Banjo-Tooie and DK64, compared to those it's reined in but if you look at the pause menu, you are bombarded with totals of all the different collectibles in the game.
  • GeezaTap 26 Sep 2012 08:50:17 288 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    New Super Mario Bros 2 - 3DS

Loved it - sorted me out through the lulls of my holiday no bother.

I can see why some people have Mario burnout (I never took to Galaxy 2 weirdly enough, and took the huff because I did Bowser's Castle and indeed Bowser in one life) but there's tons of fun to be had here.

There's an essay in how Nintendo emulate more than they innovate waiting to be written by someone talented, but they sure emulate well. Coin Rush mode takes the best of mobile phone gaming and gives it a Mario flavour - I think I might have to trade it in before I give all my money on DLC packs just for that mode!
  • Paulie_P 26 Sep 2012 10:37:31 415 posts
    Seen 54 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    @GeezaTap I loved New Super Mario Bros 2, there is a definite sense of 'here we go again' but the whole time I'm playing it, I'm having a good time. Surely that's what it's all about.

Like with the Wii U version, I'm not excited by it but I will get it and love it.
  • Saucy 27 Sep 2012 09:34:34 2,581 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Split Second - X360

Vrrrrooommmm! Been on the shelf for a while, but really enjoyed playing through all the single player of this. With the exception of Air Strike, I enjoyed all the game modes and the length of it was about spot on.

8/10.
  • dr_swin 27 Sep 2012 09:36:06 4,892 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Split Second is awesome.
  • andywilkie35 27 Sep 2012 23:19:17 5,338 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Rock Band Blitz (360)

Got the achievement for playing 150 unique songs so feel like now is as good a time as any to review as that's a serious amount of hours!

Bought every edition of Rock Band on day 1 so with those imported and of course copious amounts of DLC, I have a huge library of songs to choose from. I mention this because having the library is absolutely essential for the game as the 25 songs supplied range from "good" to "fucking dreadful".

However, assuming you have access to a lot of songs, this game is incredible. Addictive, particularly when trying to beat friends scores using different combinations of power ups and has one of the best soundtracks to a game (obviously)

Easily the best download game in my opinion, even surpasses the almighty Trials Evolution for me.

10/10

Edited by andywilkie35 at 23:19:44 27-09-2012

PSN ID & Xbox Gamertag: Wedjwants

• wobbly_Bob 27 Sep 2012 23:22:37 1,799 posts
    Seen 53 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Completed just cause 2... Bit late but thanls to psn+ finally joined the party. Very good game with amazing visuals and some of the best and most imaginative missions I have encountered.

9/10
  • Page

of 414 First / Last