Recently Completed Games Page 410

• Page

of 417 First / Last

• Rhaegyr 26 Aug 2014 20:49:09 2,219 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time

What more can be said about this game? As close to perfect as it gets.

My favourite game of all time.

10/10
  • Nitrous 26 Aug 2014 21:33:41 427 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Killzone Shadow Fall (PS4)

Finally completed it... Sure does look the part but it's void of any other redeeming qualities. It's just not a very fun game to play IMO. That's just the single player. Maybe I should try the MP before I trade this in towards something else.
  • FuzzyDuck 27 Aug 2014 02:07:44 4,326 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Hot damn, sounds like Splinter Cell Blacklist is the SC game I've been waiting a very long time to play.

Must pick it up soon.
  • Psiloc 27 Aug 2014 11:10:34 1,477 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Rhaegyr wrote:
    The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time

What more can be said about this game? As close to perfect as it gets.

My favourite game of all time.

10/10
    Heh, I had this game in mind when I was referring to frustrating N64 games on the previous page :) IMO it's aged pretty badly if you weren't brought up on it, it's got one too many of those "early 3D" problems for me.

I know I'm in the minority.
  • drhickman1983 27 Aug 2014 11:42:44 389 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Psiloc wrote:

Heh, I had [Ocarina of Time] in mind when I was referring to frustrating N64 games on the previous page :) IMO it's aged pretty badly if you weren't brought up on it, it's got one too many of those "early 3D" problems for me.

I think I agree.

A lot of games from that early-3D era are like that. Important games, no doubt, and deserving of their "classic" status and recognition, but can just feel a little weird if you didn't play them when they were contemporary.

Edited by drhickman1983 at 11:42:55 27-08-2014
  • Rens11 27 Aug 2014 19:57:34 1,417 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    The Stanley Parable

Genuinely funny and very well written recommended. Just make sure you keep playing after you have 'completed' it
    9/10

Edited by Rens11 at 20:09:28 27-08-2014

Dont kid yourself, Jimmy. If a cow ever got the chance, hed eat you and everyone you care about!

• TAJB 28 Aug 2014 10:30:55 358 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 3 months ago
    drhickman1983 wrote:
    Psiloc wrote:

Heh, I had [Ocarina of Time] in mind when I was referring to frustrating N64 games on the previous page :) IMO it's aged pretty badly if you weren't brought up on it, it's got one too many of those "early 3D" problems for me.

I think I agree.

A lot of games from that early-3D era are like that. Important games, no doubt, and deserving of their "classic" status and recognition, but can just feel a little weird if you didn't play them when they were contemporary.
    My missus actually brought me onto this game because I never had an N64. Her power cable was knackered but she didn't know what the issue was so, for her birthday a few years back I repaired it. I had OoT on the Gamecube but I preffered windwaker because I was a fickle young'un who liked the better graphics.

I actually loved playing OoT with her and I found it to be awesome. Yeah the graphics were petty primative when I came around to playing it but the gameplay far outweighed the negatives in terms of graphics and odd glitches ect. It has actually become one of my favorite Zelda games behind A Link to the Past and Links Awakening.

PSN: Tiny_WeeMan

• HelloNo 28 Aug 2014 14:52:34 1,153 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Bioshock 2

Fantastic, except for the crashing. Once the crashing was sorted it was pretty awesome all the way through. Helps that I played it years after the original because it looked similar. Would definitely recommend and think I preferred it to Infinite, not by much but mainly because the combat felt a little bit more under my control

9/10
  • Kichijoten 28 Aug 2014 15:57:20 1,579 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 9 months ago
    Yeah 2 was amazing. For me it's 1>2>infinite. Although i still really liked infinite but it was more great story good game.
  • TOOTR 28 Aug 2014 17:52:02 9,599 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    The DLC for bioshock 2 - Minervas Den is outstanding.

BinaryBob101 wrote:
    The Danger Mouse reboot worries me a great deal.

• Exceptional_leg 30 Aug 2014 20:58:01 120 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 11 months ago
    Mario Kart 8 - 8/10

Finished all the single player stuff and exhausted all the online content. Really enjoyed my time with the game. Love all the visuals and the game runs very smoothly. Vehicle customisation is awesome and some of the tracks are quite fun and imaginative.

I do feel the game lets itself down in quite a few places though. Small things such as an omission of a podium finish and not giving you your race time at the end of a each race diminished much of the enjoyment at winning anything. Battle mode is pretty terrible too and a real misstep as it was so fun in previous games. Also, I find the roster of racers kind of boring and feel Nintendo could have put a bit more effort into including more fun Nintendo/Mario characters.

Still, a good game for drunken local multiplayer :-)

Edited by Exceptional_leg at 20:59:30 30-08-2014
  • Hicksy 31 Aug 2014 09:18:34 2,594 posts
    Seen 6 days ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Walking Dead - Season 2 (PC)

Never quite hitting the heights of S01 but still a fantastic high quality adventure and very enjoyable

8.5/10
  • GiacomoHall 31 Aug 2014 10:19:54 7 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Assassin's Creed (PS3)

Drags on for far too long, my own fault for messing around with flags and templars. Feels undernourished and really quite repetitive, story is a little dodgy too. Traversing the cities is fun though and sneaky killing is always great. I can see that there is potential here, hopefully the sequels get better.

5/10
  • Nitrous 1 Sep 2014 01:15:21 427 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Gears of War Judgement on my ageing Xbox360.

Development handed over to the bulletstorm team but it still felt the the same as any other gears game to me. Campaign was of decent length but the story pushing it along I felt could have been better.

Can't try the MP stuff as I'm no longer paying for Xbox live.
  • CosmicFuzz 1 Sep 2014 06:36:11 24,825 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @FuzzyDuck I've got Blacklist on my swaps list if you're looking for a copy... :)

Looking for a new video game podcast? Try ours! (And give us a rating on iTunes!) :)

• woundedk 1 Sep 2014 07:50:48 62 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    drhickman1983 wrote:
    Psiloc wrote:

I think I agree.

I am playing through the first Knights of the Old Republic which I never finished back in the day. Though it's not exactly very early-3D era, it also has a lot of stuff that is taking some of the fun out for someone who has become used to the "smoothness" of modern games. Things like movement without proper side-step/strafe making it feel like you are driving a car rather than moving a character, getting stuck behind your own team members who won't budge.

Overall the game hasn't aged that well, but it is still great and it is very funny to go back to it and see all the stuff that has been carried over to e.g. Mass Effect series with relatively little changes.
  • bigshot316 1 Sep 2014 08:32:12 24,037 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Lost Planet 2:@ Recently played through this again, local co op after initially completing it with some of my EG pals upon its release.

It really is a fun game, and I don't think it received enough praise.

The weapons are meaty and there's no feeling quite as awesome as shooting a giant swamp monster thingy in its glowing kneecaps with a shotgun bigger than your character and blowing its legs off, or clambering into a Mech and blowing shit up, or flinging Frisbee grenades at some guy and shooting it mid air to blow it up in some dudes face!

The train level can be pretty frustrating with insta death abound, but it doesn't detract from the sheer fun to be had overall, and I would strongly recommend it to anybody looking for some good old fashioned Mechs, Aliens and explosions based fun.

Be aware - if you are wanting to do local co-op, the split screen segments are pretty small. I played it on a 42" TV and would definitely have struggled on anything smaller.

Was really disappointed to read about Lost Planet 3 - I'm not even going to give it a rent because it sounds like they took everything I enjoyed from 2 and threw it away.

Anyway. 8/10

smoggo wrote:
    At weekends when my wife is away I like to wear her stockings and put Stickle bricks up my bottom whilst listening to Ke$ha songs.

• Vortex808 1 Sep 2014 23:11:26 7,285 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Finally. Months after starting it Watch Dogs is done.

Slow to start, then fun, then annoying, but ultimately a competent game.

It's basically a stick-on for a 7.

Glad it's done. Too much extraneous side stuff left to do and I can't be arsed plugging away at it.
  • drhcnip 1 Sep 2014 23:20:30 2,533 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    @bigshot316

lp 3s certainly worth a rent....its more like lp1, though, iirc

i played it through to the end, so it cant have been that bad.....;)
  • FuzzyDuck 2 Sep 2014 00:58:41 4,326 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    @CosmicFuzz

Cheers for the heads-up sir, but it is in fact the PS3 version I need as I flogged the 360 last year!... I actually found the PS3 version just yesterday in town for about 11 and promptly snapped it up.

Enjoying it so far, but there's a serious whiff of the Normandy off your base between missions! :)
  • CosmicFuzz 2 Sep 2014 06:41:41 24,825 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @FuzzyDuck Haha there is isn't there! Doesn't quite manage that side of things I thought, I pretty much ignored all the in-between mission stuff and just went for the stealthy goodness :)

Looking for a new video game podcast? Try ours! (And give us a rating on iTunes!) :)

• DUFFMAN5 2 Sep 2014 09:52:10 14,952 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Sniper Elite III
    Console:360
    Hours: 20h
    Skill: "Elite"
    Gamerscore: 495

Just finished this morning, overall very good and stealthy game. I would say I marginally preferred SE2 due to its setting, but Afrika was still great and vast, which allowed for various pathways to complete your mission objectives. I didn't manage all the side missions but enjoyed the game enough to go back and try to complete a few more.

The one area of the game that was frustrating was the hit detection or the fact the rifles did not shoot at all sometimes, this didn't happen all that often over my 20 hours game time, but still when it did occur it was bloody annoying. Luckily you can save wherever and whenever you like, I always did after a hectic shootout, so if afore mentioned happened I didn't have far to redo.

Graphics wise, very nice on the 360, a certain amount of clipping and draw-in but not enough to dampen the experience. Some of the big chain explosions were excellent I thought the audio could have been more "beefy"

Cheveo wise, a good mixed bag rewarding skill and different play styles. I won't get anywhere near 1000g, no problems with that.

Have not tried the co-op yet, but will try before I move on/trade.

The MP is fun at least the few matches I have tried, I doubt I will play much more of that though as I bought the game for the sp.

My score on the EG door.
    8/10

"Duffman the grey is thrusting in the direction of the problem! Oh, yeah!"

• jabberwoky 2 Sep 2014 11:15:00 527 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Star Ocean the last hope.

It started off a little twee and easy and slightly bland, but developed well as you played, the best planet was Roak at which point I think the game was starting to fire on all cylinders. The main story was weak, but sufficient to keep you interested, and I liked the way the sidequest stories that went off on tangents were interesting.

There was a difficulty spike in the last third of the game, and not enough save spots in large dungeons. The characters were great, except the lead who was a bit weak in the voice acting dept, and welch wasn't as good as SO3. Finally the combat was a heap of fun, had very little idea of what I was doing but it was really great doing it.

I would give it an 8.
  • Nitrous 2 Sep 2014 17:49:17 427 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Walking Dead - Season 2 (PS3)

Purchased in a PSN sale a month or so ago and even though I think S01 was better but this is still a very enjoyable game!
  • Dairyfree 3 Sep 2014 00:01:41 1,387 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 9 months ago
    The Last of Us Remastered

The best game I've played in a long time, up tjere with all the Half-life games for me. Easily the best and bravest story in a game too.

Can't praise it highly enough. A great first game to complete on the ps4.
  • dfunked 3 Sep 2014 08:00:20 272 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Walking Dead Season 2 (episodes 2 & 3) - great stuff so far... Absolutely LOVED the end of episode 2!
    Gone Home - fantastic little game, so much the better for going into it with no real preconceptions.
  • Kichijoten 3 Sep 2014 19:59:50 1,579 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 9 months ago
    Metro 2033, starts off a 6 as the first enemies seem awkward and no fun to fight. The game takes awhile to click. After about half way i loved it. Great visuals, great atmosphere. 8/10, i want to give it higher but the combat is only average.

now for last light.
  • Wunty_Phyve 3 Sep 2014 21:18:33 1,320 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 9 months ago
    I loved Metro but ask me what the hell the ending was about and I'll reply with nothing more than a shrug. Not got a flipping clue.

Fancy reading the book though.
  • Grax 3 Sep 2014 21:22:11 2,296 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    She takes her helmet off and everyone is shocked

Oh sorry that was metriod
  • Page

of 417 First / Last