+ action packed throughout
    + some nice locations
    + the duels are a highlight, if tricky at first
    + the wild west
    + upgrades are fun
    + extras and history of the old west are interesting, and well done
    + menus and game all very well presented, no tearing or frame rate drops
    + it's funny when Silas changes the story

- the game only really comes into its own after all upgrades unlock, which can't be done in one playthrough
    - the levels could be longer, before each duel showdown, give you more chance to earn xp and play with the upgrades
    - limited choice of guns
    - the voice of Silas and the old man drinking in the group are too alike, sometimes get confused who's speaking
    - twist at the end was obvious from halfway through game

A decent length and enjoyable campaign, a couple of arcade modes where you can practice and compete with the quickdraw duelling (which off the top of my head is the best recreation of duelling in a videogame) means I'm happy to recommend this game. It's got alot going for it, but it does have some detractors, meaning I agree with the EG score of 7/10, rather than the more generous scores and reviews that were banded about.

7/10
  • FuzzyDuck 23 Jun 2013 13:48:06 4,145 posts
    Seen 44 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    DarkSpaceDS wrote:
    lavalant wrote:
    Last Of Us.

One of the best games ever made.

10/10
    lol
    Why do you poor so much negative energy into what is probably one of your main hobbies?

Just curious.
  • Anthony_UK 23 Jun 2013 17:55:27 2,499 posts
    Seen 38 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Tomb Raider 9/10

Loved it from start to finish, my only wish would be they made the transition from regular never killed a person before Lara to Shotgun and Climbing axe to the head execution Lara a bit more believable.

Incredibly polished though and a joy to play.

Still would like to know how Square Enix generate there sales estimates! If this is seen as some kind of a flop because it didn't sell 7 million + someone needs shooting!
  • CharlieStCloud 23 Jun 2013 19:22:53 5,202 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    DarkSpaceDS wrote:
    Only AAA game worth buying this year is GTA V.
    Oh!

... it'll be pleasantly nice if you could kindly let me borrow your time machine once you have finished with it.
  • DUFFMAN5 23 Jun 2013 19:23:05 14,701 posts
    Seen 51 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    DarkSpaceDS wrote:
    FuzzyDuck wrote:
    DarkSpaceDS wrote:
    lavalant wrote:
    Last Of Us.

One of the best games ever made.

10/10
    lol
    Why do you poor so much negative energy into what is probably one of your main hobbies?

Just curious.
    Pour not poor and what do you mean I pour so much negativity ? I only trash the typical AAA all flash no substance type games just like The Last of Us.

Its everything wrong with gaming. Focus on graphics and cutscenes, gameplay is just trying to get to the next cutscene and just becomes frustrating and finally its trying to do too much and becomes the jack of all trades and the master of nothing.

The real games are the arcade/indie games that don't have the budget for flashy graphics or voice acting and instead focus on gameplay.

Only AAA game worth buying this year is GTA V. Everything else is filler until next gen.
    Oh come on, you are talking rubbish. I know you get a lot of stick for most of your posts and I do think you like to be sensational and controversial and sometimes just to get a reaction, but...

Its everything wrong with gaming. Focus on graphics and cutscenes, gameplay is just trying to get to the next cutscene and just becomes frustrating and finally its trying to do too much and becomes the jack of all trades and the master of nothing.

...You are talking rot man.
    As for GTA, only time will tell

"Duffman the grey is thrusting in the direction of the problem! Oh, yeah!"

• CharlieStCloud 23 Jun 2013 19:28:01 5,202 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I'm sorry, but the reason why I cannot take DarkSpace seriously is not only because of his posts, but because his username makes me think he lives within a claustrophobic space in a dark, dank basement ...

... in his Mothers own house.
  • TheMayorOfJugs 23 Jun 2013 19:33:33 3,564 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    DarkSpaceDS wrote:
    In fact Uncharted 2 is still Naughty Dogs best game by a mile.
    ..... Crash Bandicoot 3 :)
  • CharlieStCloud 23 Jun 2013 19:40:01 5,202 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    DarkSpaceDS wrote:
    I have plenty of time to move out until then I'm perfectly fine living for free with free food and free electricity.
    To think I started paying my Mum and Dad 100 housekeeping money every month by the time I was 17 going on 18!

... help your parents out from time to time, hey?

It is a very good thing to do.
  • SolidSCB 23 Jun 2013 19:48:56 6,743 posts
    Seen 11 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    That's not spending money, that's just your cut of the DLA you're obviously entitled to.
  • Rens11 23 Jun 2013 20:01:16 1,404 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Your 20 and your parents give you spending money!? Fuck me you need to get a paper round or something

Dont kid yourself, Jimmy. If a cow ever got the chance, hed eat you and everyone you care about!

• bladdard 23 Jun 2013 20:03:33 944 posts
    Seen 47 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    DarkSpaceDS wrote:
    CharlieStCloud wrote:
    DarkSpaceDS wrote:
    I have plenty of time to move out until then I'm perfectly fine living for free with free food and free electricity.
    To think I started paying my Mum and Dad 100 housekeeping money every month by the time I was 17 going on 18!

Believe it or not my parents actually give me spending money not the other way around. I will pay them back one day :p
    20 years old, mooching off your parents, receiving an allowance so you can spend your precious time slagging off ND games. Living the dream! ;)

Edited by bladdard at 20:04:22 23-06-2013
  • Raiko101 23 Jun 2013 20:34:28 6,318 posts
    Seen 34 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I can't see why GTA V is going to be any better than anything else branded 'AAA'. It's one of those games that tries to do a lot, but everything is so poorly implemented. It's not very satisfying, mechanically, either. Then you've got the fact that the game tends to focus more on story, which is, 90% of the time, full of un-likeable and uninteresting characters, who are nothing more than an excuse to meet the next un-likeable and uninteresting character in a daisy chain structure that is the GTA story.

If it hadn't been for the achievements and the online racing, i'd not have played much of GTA IV. I quite enjoyed GTA 3 and Vice City though. And Chinatown Wars!

3DS: 4210 4002 8289 (Dave)
    Wii U: Raiko87
    Xbox Live: Raiko87

• kentmonkey 23 Jun 2013 21:01:35 20,697 posts
    Seen 33 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    EG's ignored user system is broke again.

I have DarkSpaceDS on ignore for a reason, and that's because his posts continously turn the forum into an attention seeking clusterfuck.

Please fix, thanks.
  • bronzemedal 23 Jun 2013 21:19:08 36 posts
    Seen 3 months ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D - 8.5/10

Really enjoyed this, despite looking a fair bit prettier on the Wii, it was a near perfect fit for a handheld console. In fact, I abandoned the Wii version around world five, but this time managed to watch the credits roll. Had to use the super guide twice in the last world, but it was really either that or throwing the 3DS out of the window. Took 9 hours to get to the end of the game -- apparently there's another world in this version, but it involves too much admin to unlock for me. Don't want my good will to expire.

Half Life 2 Episode 1 - 6.5/10

Not sure about this. For a game so short it really took a little while to get going and felt like a little bit of a let down after the second game proper. Will push on with Episode 2 as I've heard it's better.
  • munki83 23 Jun 2013 22:08:46 1,433 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Kerbal space program demo 8/10 (pc)

Been playing the demo on and off for a week or so and clocked in 10 hours and I really didn't expect it to grab my attention the way it has. The game is about getting the kerbals into space with what seems like some fairly realistic physics. What started as silly fun of having rockets exploding due to crap designs became a mission to get into space....then orbit..... then the moon. So far I can crash into the moon and its a great challenge and not as simple as pointing your rocket at the moon and shouting wheeeeee. It sucks I was skint this month or I would of picked it up in the sale.
  • timbates 23 Jun 2013 22:29:15 1 posts
    Seen 10 months ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Spec Ops: The Line.
    A few flaws in the narrative, but very bold overall: they wait almost half the game before even hinting at their best themes, then go all the way with it. If you can find this game going cheap online, make sure to give it a go: if you like talking about game narratives, this one is a must in the modern gaming landscape, and a one-stop shop in the Modern Warfare genre for how to do 'moments' right.
    9/10
  • Syrette 23 Jun 2013 23:18:12 43,529 posts
    Seen 48 seconds ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    CharlieStCloud wrote:
    DarkSpaceDS wrote:

I don't think there's much wrong with living with your parents (to a certain point) but if you can afford it I think everyone in that situation should be paying their parents for the privilege. Not the other way around.

• Luckyjim 23 Jun 2013 23:33:31 2,873 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @Graveland

I still prefer Uncharted 2 - just for getting the right balance - but some of the set pieces in 3 are un-fucking-believable. The plane crash, in particular, was just sheer technical bravado.
  • bladdard 23 Jun 2013 23:35:41 944 posts
    Seen 47 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    @Graveland & @Luckyjim

Yep UC2 > UC3 for me two but I loved the sinking ship on 3. My biggest criticism of 3 was all the chasing and accidently leapiing to your death. Didn't seem to happen nearly so often on 2.

Totally agree with the best trilogy comment, I think ND moved the goalposts for cinematic games this gen which for me is a good thing. The new Tomb Raider wouldn't have been the game it was without the Uncharted games. I know others will argue the new Tomb Raider has taken a move in the wrong direction but I loved it and found the old TR games a little bit dull.

Edited by bladdard at 23:38:27 23-06-2013
  • Syrette 23 Jun 2013 23:40:47 43,529 posts
    Seen 48 seconds ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    @Graveland

And lasted about 45 seconds.

Something so short isn't a highlight, in my eyes.

• Page

of 413 First / Last