The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth Page 3

• Page

of 36 First / Last

• DrStrangelove 7 Nov 2014 14:32:40 11,191 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    aros wrote:

I haven't noticed any unlocks though - is that like getting a new item for the first time or?
    Also challenges and characters and endings (and more levels early on), but mostly items that you won't find before they're unlocked. There are hundreds of them, so be prepared to spend a lot of time if you want to have them all.

Edited by drip at 14:34:30 07-11-2014
  • Duffking 7 Nov 2014 14:34:12 14,860 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    You'll unlock things through stuff other than donations, though.

This is the list from the Original, the new one has all these plus plenty more of its own.
  • Moot_Point 7 Nov 2014 14:36:33 5,530 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    drip wrote:
    Moot_Point wrote:
    No-one tried the seed I posted? :(
    What is a seed?

edit: yes I know what a seed is, but what is it in BoI?
    There have been secret seeds added that give different effects to gameplay. The one I posted is great fun!
    Also, each time you start a new run a seed is generated. You can use this seed to play the same level layout. Some streamers have already mentioned this excitedly, because it means they can set up races on the same seed to see who can beat it the fastest.
  • Duffking 7 Nov 2014 14:39:36 14,860 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Note that you can't unlock stuff by playing non-random seed runs, though.
  • cjb_bjc 7 Nov 2014 16:35:59 1,880 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    @SomaticSense

RL method of cross save is perfect. Apart from when your not online and it errors all the time. Simple line of code. When wifi on then do cross save!
  • Gojiratron 7 Nov 2014 18:10:22 227 posts
    Seen 3 weeks ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @SomaticSense

Yup, Rogue Legacy is definitely the gold standard for implementation of this, it's pretty much seamless. I could understand that auto-saving and always keeping up to date is maybe impractical in some games depending on the quantity of data that might need transferred, especially given PSN's ropey performance. In these situations having clear upload and download options is all that's needed.
  • Duffking 7 Nov 2014 20:48:47 14,860 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Anyone had the boss rush room yet? Holy crap.

Also, say hi to the most insanely OP item combo ever, which killed Mon's Heart in under half a second. It's hard to see but it's got the Quad shot effect on as well, plus my damage stat was maxed.:

And my army of spiders:

Edited by Duffking at 20:49:09 07-11-2014

Edited by Duffking at 20:49:31 07-11-2014
  • Gojiratron 7 Nov 2014 23:14:40 227 posts
    Seen 3 weeks ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Duffking wrote:
    Anyone had the boss rush room yet? Holy crap.

Just found that. Holy shitballs that was crazy! Managed to survive but most of the credit has to go to Lil' Brimstone, who has now replaced TxK's Droidy as my BFF. :D I kept out the way, circling the perimeter while he blasted across and weakened them. Nipped in to deal some more damage when the opportunity arose. 'Twas an epic battle.

Then I died on the next level. :(

Never played BoI before this release and really enjoying it now. So random though that it's easy to see some people getting crappy RNG their first few times and dismissing it.
  • DrStrangelove 7 Nov 2014 23:18:46 11,191 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @Moot_Point

Tried it now, funny. But I died in the third room already, which was a 2x2 room with lots of rocks and flies, brown snake proved a bit unhelpful there :confused:
  • DrStrangelove 7 Nov 2014 23:22:32 11,191 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @Gojiratron

Little Brimstone is quite a killer, love him.

In other news, I'm currently doing the challenges. Some are really easy (tech savvy), while others are, er... I'm not looking forward to beating the Poop thing, it's going to take at least ten hours, but I guess I'll have to do it to 100% the game. Dammit.
  • Moot_Point 8 Nov 2014 00:34:42 5,530 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    @drip I had one of my best runs using it, but I was farming shit a bit when my health was low. It's also great for soul hearts and cash too. Essentially infinite coins and soul hearts. Each to their own! :)
  • DrStrangelove 8 Nov 2014 02:14:37 11,191 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @Moot_Point

That makes sense actually. Might try it again sometime.
  • Ferx 8 Nov 2014 18:10:54 233 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Wow, I've had some terrible rng today. Practically nothing else than basic babies and "effect on getting damaged" items.
    Played the tech savvy challenge again just to have a little fun
  • Humperfunk 9 Nov 2014 18:50:18 7,017 posts
    Seen 17 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Am I right in saying the syncing is still fooked?
  • Gojiratron 9 Nov 2014 20:19:28 227 posts
    Seen 3 weeks ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @Humperfunk

If you sync it will overwrite your local file with the one that is uploaded. The problem is you have no way of knowing what the state is of the uploaded save file. You'd think it would auto-update at the end of a run but it doesn't seem to. The last time I used it before giving up it had a mid-game continue state, despite playing another game start to finish (well, death ;) ) after that game. I have a theory that it's set to upload according to an arbitrary timer, maybe every 30 minutes or so. As a result the chances are high of losing progress when using it.
  • DrStrangelove 9 Nov 2014 20:26:01 11,191 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Anyone know what the Cartridge does? Just came to my mind when looking at Duffking's second screenshot

Edited by drip at 20:27:27 09-11-2014
  • Trowel 9 Nov 2014 20:52:51 21,665 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    drip wrote:
    Anyone know what the Cartridge does? Just came to my mind when looking at Duffking's second screenshot
    I had it earlier - when you get hit it gives you a Pac Man effect, where you start flashing invulnerable and the enemies can be 'eaten' :)
  • Humperfunk 9 Nov 2014 21:17:38 7,017 posts
    Seen 17 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    @Gojiratron

Thanks mate - will avoid for now! Haven't made a huge amount of progress but have played only on Vita so far - was planning on some big screen action but will wait
  • DrStrangelove 9 Nov 2014 21:22:11 11,191 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @Trowel

Thanks - didn't happen to me so far the few short times I had it, the probability of that being triggered is rather low, I'd expect
  • Moot_Point 10 Nov 2014 05:45:33 5,530 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    The tick can fuck off! It's hard to spot on the vita version. :|
  • Deleted user 10 November 2014 13:04:56
    So, went to sync this with the PS4 having unlocked a few characters and having beaten Mom and its gone and deleted all my progress...

I-sick
  • Nielzor 10 Nov 2014 14:07:44 469 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    My three year old daughter has happily seen me play bits of Dark Souls and other grim games. She loves skeletons and zombies and has never been scared. Last night I put on The Binding of Isaac for a quick go. At first she was amused by all the piles of poo everywhere. I killed the boss, which she thought was 'yucky' and then one of Isaac's in between level memory/nightmare things popped up. It was the one where he is given a present, but inside it is a poo, and he bursts into tears. This was the ensuing conversation with my daughter.

"Daddy, why did his prezzie have a poo inside?"

"His mummy is mean, and she gave him a poo for his birthday."

"But he's so, so sad. Why did his mummy put a poo in his prezzie?"

"Umm..."

"I don't like this game, it's too weird."

"Shall we do Mario Kart instead?"

Today she seems to have forgotten all about it, but she seemed genuinely disturbed at the time. Parenting fail, I guess, but I wasn't expecting that one.
  • DrStrangelove 10 Nov 2014 16:41:10 11,191 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Hah, Dark Souls is fine but Isaac is too weird. Ace. (and true.)

edit: you should tell McMillen that, I'm sure he'll like it.

Edited by drip at 16:42:22 10-11-2014
  • hypoBla5t 10 Nov 2014 20:18:03 2,233 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I beat Mom!! What do I do now? Do I unlock anything or is it 'play again'?
  • hypoBla5t 11 Nov 2014 07:38:33 2,233 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Coolio. So is it just unlocking items and new characters now or is there more levels and stuff?
  • Trafford 11 Nov 2014 08:24:23 7,973 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    This is a game and a half. I'm on the PS4, my kids are having to take it on turns on the Vita.
  • waggy79 11 Nov 2014 09:00:24 1,804 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    @hypoBla5t the basement goes a bit deeper yet...

Not going to bother syncing this now, got quite far on ps4 and vita seperately so not risking losing progress.
  • DrStrangelove 11 Nov 2014 09:04:05 11,191 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    hypoBla5t wrote:
    Coolio. So is it just unlocking items and new characters now or is there more levels and stuff?
    If you just killed mom, there are more levels the next time you play
  • DrStrangelove 11 Nov 2014 09:07:53 11,191 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Soundtrack's out! Yay!

Haven't found out yet if these gems are actually in the game:

http://ridiculon.bandcamp.com/track/hush-jesus-loves-uke
    http://ridiculon.bandcamp.com/track/hes-the-number-one-bonus
  • Page

of 36 First / Last

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.