Justice League - Directed by Zack Snyder Page 27

• Page

of 47 First / Last

• beastmaster 27 Oct 2017 23:25:43 17,639 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Main theme

Also in other news, Zachary Levi to star in DC adaptation Shazam!
  • Baihu1983 29 Oct 2017 17:01:40 9,452 posts
    Seen 59 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    China prem is apparently getting positive buzz
  • beastmaster 6 Nov 2017 00:18:51 17,639 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    There have been lots of clips posted online. Not too bothered about this film so watched them all.

Oh dear. Flash with his constant eye rolling and "funnies" is almost as utter fucking wank as Cyborg. Steppenwolf looks like utter shit.

Predicting it's going to get a very heavy slating. Critics have seen it and are currently under embargo.
  • thelzdking 6 Nov 2017 09:52:21 6,471 posts
    Seen 60 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    If this turns out to be a turkey will they pull the plug on the DC stuff?
  • Mola_Ram 6 Nov 2017 09:56:28 16,521 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Baihu1983 wrote:
    China prem is apparently getting positive buzz
    I would love it if people went to a multi-million dollar premiere with the red carpet and such, and the buzz was "well, that was pretty shit".
  • senso-ji 6 Nov 2017 09:57:59 8,128 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    No, I think Wonder Woman 2 is a dead cert. And if Snyder wants more films, he'll probably get them unless all the funding suddenly dries up (which it won't, as there are lots of Chinese investors champing at the bit to get involved in Hollywood).
  • Baihu1983 6 Nov 2017 10:03:19 9,452 posts
    Seen 59 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    senso-ji wrote:
    No, I think Wonder Woman 2 is a dead cert. And if Snyder wants more films, he'll probably get them unless all the funding suddenly dries up (which it won't, as there are lots of Chinese investors champing at the bit to get involved in Hollywood).
    I think Snyder is done with the DCU now. If he comes back it should be as a director only

Edited by Baihu1983 at 10:05:07 06-11-2017
  • Decks Best Forumite, 2016 6 Nov 2017 10:08:39 11,378 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Wow

It's genuinely astonishing how absolutely nothing works in any of the clips. And how can they think that cyborg looks acceptable there?
  • reviewer 6 Nov 2017 10:13:22 4,782 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    It's impressive how he looks worse than the robot people in terminator 2.
  • Ultrasoundwave 6 Nov 2017 10:32:43 5,621 posts
    Seen 39 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    It doesn’t look great based on those clips, basically looks like DC trying to imitate Marvel.

However.....I was more entertained by those 6 minutes than the entirety of BvS. If this turns out to just be a “7/10 - Good” I’ll be happy.
  • Banyans 6 Nov 2017 12:05:55 444 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I’ll wait for the dvd release I think...
  • foster2007 6 Nov 2017 13:03:38 229 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Calling it, this will be a 1 out of 5.
  • senso-ji 6 Nov 2017 13:53:45 8,128 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    It's weird, it looks like the VFX are different levels, from impressive to awful. Did they not allocate enough budget during post? And if so, you'd think they would have spent most of the time and money on Cyborg rather than fire and water effects.
  • JamboWayOh 6 Nov 2017 14:02:26 3,849 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    senso-ji wrote:
    It's weird, it looks like the VFX are different levels, from impressive to awful. Did they not allocate enough budget during post? And if so, you'd think they would have spent most of the time and money on Cyborg rather than fire and water effects.
    It's bizarre synthetic things like metal are the easier things to render in cgi. It's shocking that Iron Man which came out in 2008 looks better than Cyborg.
  • FilthyAnimal 6 Nov 2017 14:09:31 173 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 5 months ago
    As someone who loves MoS and BvS (disliked SS, but do like WW despite heading a little too much in the direction of the MCU), I'm still not really sold on this.

Where MoS seemed like very much a Nolan/Snyder collaboration and BvS was very much Snyder's film (and yes, I know the bandwagon thing to do right now is bash anything Zack Snyder and to insult anyone who suggests that they may have merit), this just looks like a production by committee, with Snyder's name being ostensibly attached before mysteriously going on "leave" to be replaced by Joss Whedon to appease the "hur, dur, everything's got be a laugh-a-minute gag-a-thon" crowd (I'm pretty sure there's a bit of a PR front going on here regarding Autumn Snyder's death, given that Deborah Snyder just carried on with PR and convention appearances as if nothing had happened, despite having just lost her daughter).

It doesn't feel anything like a Snyder or Whedon film from what we've seen.

I'll definitely be giving it the benefit of the doubt as it's the team-up I've basically been waiting to see since I was 8 years old (which was the 1980s), but my expectations are rock bottom right now. MoS and BvS did a great job of establishing a universe that successfully managed to be stylistically and narratively very distinct from the MCU, but JL just feels like they're tossing that away to pander to the hack journalists and forum dwellers who write off anything that isn't laugh-a-minute silly (something which Thor: Ragnarok brought to an unfortunate extreme) as being "dour" or "humourless".
  • ecu 6 Nov 2017 14:29:06 80,175 posts
    Seen 51 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Saw the trailer again before Thor last night. It looks so bad. People only care about Batman, and maybe Wonder Woman. I don’t think even Superman is that popular. Nobody gives a fuck about Aquaman or Cyborg. They’re trying so hard copy the MCU and it’s all just so fucking crap. Didn’t even think Wonder Woman was all that, best of a bad bunch but still lacking for me. Being a female superhero film helped, it got judged a little less harshly because of it. Also that WW is the only one of the current DC film roster that isn’t an asshole worked in its favour.
  • JamboWayOh 6 Nov 2017 14:46:14 3,849 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    FilthyAnimal wrote:
    As someone who loves MoS and BvS (disliked SS, but do like WW despite heading a little too much in the direction of the MCU), I'm still not really sold on this.

Where MoS seemed like very much a Nolan/Snyder collaboration and BvS was very much Snyder's film (and yes, I know the bandwagon thing to do right now is bash anything Zack Snyder and to insult anyone who suggests that they may have merit), this just looks like a production by committee, with Snyder's name being ostensibly attached before mysteriously going on "leave" to be replaced by Joss Whedon to appease the "hur, dur, everything's got be a laugh-a-minute gag-a-thon" crowd (I'm pretty sure there's a bit of a PR front going on here regarding Autumn Snyder's death, given that Deborah Snyder just carried on with PR and convention appearances as if nothing had happened, despite having just lost her daughter).

It doesn't feel anything like a Snyder or Whedon film from what we've seen.

I'll definitely be giving it the benefit of the doubt as it's the team-up I've basically been waiting to see since I was 8 years old (which was the 1980s), but my expectations are rock bottom right now. MoS and BvS did a great job of establishing a universe that successfully managed to be stylistically and narratively very distinct from the MCU, but JL just feels like they're tossing that away to pander to the hack journalists and forum dwellers who write off anything that isn't laugh-a-minute silly (something which Thor: Ragnarok brought to an unfortunate extreme) as being "dour" or "humourless".
    Ok, so people ragging on Snyder is a lemming thing and not because he's a hack. BvS and MoS did a good job of establishing a universe and Snyder being taken off due to his daughter commiting suicide is a PR move?

Right.
  • Decks Best Forumite, 2016 6 Nov 2017 14:49:57 11,378 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    I'm seeing a lot of mongs playing the "they dumbed it down card". You literally couldn't get any dumber of a film than BvS. Trying to add some kind of personality to a film isn't dumbing it down.
  • reviewer 6 Nov 2017 14:50:07 4,782 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    FilthyAnimal wrote:
    with Snyder's name being ostensibly attached before mysteriously going on "leave" to be replaced by Joss Whedon to appease the "hur, dur, everything's got be a laugh-a-minute gag-a-thon" crowd (I'm pretty sure there's a bit of a PR front going on here regarding Autumn Snyder's death, given that Deborah Snyder just carried on with PR and convention appearances as if nothing had happened, despite having just lost her daughter).
    Ok...
  • FilthyAnimal 6 Nov 2017 15:01:43 173 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 5 months ago
    ecu wrote:
    Also that WW is the only one of the current DC film roster that isn’t an asshole worked in its favour.
    Funnily enough though, I've always found these ensembles work best when they're made up of arseholes because the friction that this generates makes it interesting. That's why Avengers 1 worked so well: Tony Stark's a sociopath, but Cap is too convinced of his own moral centre, Thor is too convinced of his divine superiority over mankind, Hulk is just a brute and Black Widow is emotionally stunted. For me, it was the second-to-last truly great MCU movie (the last being Winter Soldier).

It's the same reason why I liked BvS - Superman just didn't give a fuck anymore and felt as far removed as he could be from the human race, while years of attrition mean that Batman just saw no sense of proportion anymore. They'd become two different types of arsehole: both had given up on the human race, but Superman had lost his will to fight whereas Batman had become an extremist.

And that's really why I'm not sold on JL. It feels like there's going to be the same problem as with Age of Ultron (almost no internal conflict).

And I see we have the usual torrent of insults in response to my post ("mongs") and a whole lot of condescension. Why I am not surprised? I do fucking despair at times. Seems to me you can't have a constructive debate about a film unless you have a polar opinion about it.

Edited by FilthyAnimal at 15:04:02 06-11-2017
  • JamboWayOh 6 Nov 2017 15:16:37 3,849 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    FilthyAnimal wrote:.

And I see we have the usual torrent of insults in response to my post ("mongs") and a whole lot of condescension. Why I am not surprised? I do fucking despair at times. Seems to me you can't have a constructive debate about a film unless you have a polar opinion about it.
    I would have debated with you but I lost interest when you stated that Snyder being taken off the film was a PR exercise over his daughter committing suicide and you lambasting his wife for having the temerity to go to work, obviously for some sort of normality in her life, when she should be curled up into a ball sobbing uncontrollably. So yeah there's that. Don't get me started how you can get on board with a film where one half its protagonists hates the other but loves him when he finds out their moms share the same first name.

Edited by JamboWayOh at 15:17:27 06-11-2017
  • Decks Best Forumite, 2016 6 Nov 2017 16:06:15 11,378 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    to be replaced by Joss Whedon to appease the "hur, dur, everything's got be a laugh-a-minute gag-a-thon" crowd
    Way to constructive debate there dipshit.
  • JamboWayOh 6 Nov 2017 16:25:35 3,849 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @Decks

Stop adding to the torrent of insults that now totals 2.
  • Baihu1983 7 Nov 2017 06:31:45 9,452 posts
    Seen 59 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    WB insisted on a 2hr runtime

http://www.denofgeek.com/uk/movies/justice-league/41709/justice-league-warner-bros-insisted-on-two-hour-runtime

Getting the same test scores as Wonder Woman for what it's worth.
  • Baihu1983 9 Nov 2017 09:32:58 9,452 posts
    Seen 59 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Reviews not allowed out till the night before release
  • nickthegun 9 Nov 2017 10:07:42 72,033 posts
    Seen 26 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    It bodes well...
  • DFawkes Friendliest Forumite, 2016 9 Nov 2017 12:24:57 31,569 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    I really want to be positive about this movie and I still hope it'll be good, but they're really trying their best to kill any hope I might have. An embargo like that isn't exactly a confidence builder.
  • ChiefGB 9 Nov 2017 13:01:31 7,390 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Yeah, Wonder Woman had a lot of noise made about its critical reception quite early by warner bros................
  • Baihu1983 9 Nov 2017 19:35:08 9,452 posts
    Seen 59 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Wasn't the WW embargo about the same as this?
  • M83J01P97 9 Nov 2017 19:39:39 7,533 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I know someone who has seen this and reviews films for Metro. He's always good about not spilling the beans but he's already hinted at this being a huge mess of a film. Apparently you can tell that they have scrambled to shift focus onto WW in a lot of the big group scenes after the success of her outing.
  • Page

of 47 First / Last

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.