Rimworld

• Page

of 2 First / Last

Previous
  • Razz 29 Jan 2014 19:31:21 61,656 posts
    Seen 42 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Anybody else pick this up?

I wasn't impressed with it when I saw the kickstarter but I watched a few let's plays on youtube recently that changed my mind.

I've bought it now and have tried a few games. It's really challenging and the colonists are selfish twats that would rather sleep than defend their home. I love the farming and mining but I haven't really figured out how to get to point where I'm trading, no idea how I'm ever supposed to have enough money to get the stuff I really need. Anybody playing that could give me a little assistance?

Ta

--------------------------------------------------------------------
    Steam/PSN/XBOX: Razztafarai | 3DS: 1246-9674-8856

• ResidentKnievel 29 Jan 2014 19:58:29 6,291 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Looks cool, but I don't really want to spend $30 for it.

[code]Armoured_Bear wrote:
    Unlike yourself, I don't have a weird obsession with any platform.[/code]

• Moot_Point 29 Jan 2014 20:26:56 4,616 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago

Looks very interesting.

================================================================================

mowgli wrote: I thought the 1 married the .2 and founded Islam?

• Razz 29 Jan 2014 23:44:16 61,656 posts
    Seen 42 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    ResidentKnievel wrote:
    Looks cool, but I don't really want to spend $30 for it.
    Yeah! I bit the bullet, turned out to be 18 pounds in the end. Too much for an alpha, i have a feeling they've overspent somewhere and are making up for it. Still... It is a great game. Shame there isn't a demo

• Gartt 30 Jan 2014 13:25:42 1,849 posts
    Seen 11 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago

??

Edited by Gartt at 13:26:07 30-01-2014
  • neems 31 Jan 2014 10:45:11 1,458 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Well that's my next game purchase sorted, thank you very much. Looks excellent.
  • Kill_Crazy 1 Feb 2014 01:08:23 2,373 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Gartt wrote:

??
    Lol. That's what I thought of!
  • Daryoon 1 Feb 2014 02:09:12 4,668 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    *came in here to post Rimmerworld picture*

Oh. Bugger.
  • Razz 7 Jul 2014 16:16:05 61,656 posts
    Seen 42 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    The latest update is absolutely amazing.

• Furtive_Pygmy 7 Jul 2014 17:30:49 1,378 posts
    Seen 59 minutes ago
    Registered 10 months ago
    Has anyone done the Rimmerworld joke yet? :p
  • THFourteen 7 Jul 2014 18:57:36 34,471 posts
    Seen 34 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Hehe rimworld
  • tincanrocket 22 Sep 2014 10:46:40 3,030 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    This had passed me by, but it was mentioned on a thread about the debacle that is/was Spacebase 69whatever by DoubleFine (shame on you, developers), so watched some videos of it and ended up taking the plunge. Not played much, but I already think it has a great deal of potential.
  • teamHAM 22 Sep 2014 10:51:00 3,153 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    The art style of this is very similar to Prison Architect. Is there any connection?

XBox Live, Origin, PSN and Steam: teamHAM

• THFourteen 22 Sep 2014 10:59:30 34,471 posts
    Seen 34 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    THFourteen wrote:
    Hehe rimworld
  • tincanrocket 22 Sep 2014 12:42:32 3,030 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    teamHAM wrote:
    The art style of this is very similar to Prison Architect. Is there any connection?
    Same artist, I think. The developers have said they are only using the style as a development place-holder, but I think it works nicely, and it does mean it runs happily on low-end machines, which is a big bonus.
  • TarickStonefire 6 Oct 2014 10:42:30 3,436 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Picked this up yesterday, was up till 4am playing it. Whoops. Good thing I;m off today.

Really, really fun. Looks a lot like Prison Architect but in my opinion runs way better. I find PA quite aimless despite having a very clear goal to build a prison. Whereas this, which really is kind of aimless short of 'survive!' actually gives me far more direction and more of a goal because I really feel like I'm creating a story of survivors on a planet.

And how they died.

Ahem.

I'm loving it, and it's only had a year or so of work. Recommend you take a look!

Any Netflix library in the world for a couple of quid a month? Gimme!

• TarickStonefire 6 Oct 2014 10:44:06 3,436 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    tincanrocket wrote:
    This had passed me by, but it was mentioned on a thread about the debacle that is/was Spacebase 69whatever by DoubleFine (shame on you, developers), so watched some videos of it and ended up taking the plunge. Not played much, but I already think it has a great deal of potential.
    Yeah that's where I found out about Rimworld too. Thankfully I had not been convinced by the pretty terrible SBDF9 forum feedback over the last year, when they pulled the plug I was shocked and glad I'd saved my cash. Won't ever put money into a DF project again before it releases, especially after they pissed all their Broken Age money up the wall and produced just half a game from it.

But this Rimworld guy, he gets my cash :D

• Moot_Point 6 Oct 2014 10:47:02 4,616 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    @TarickStonefire There is a goal to Rimworld, you build a spacecraft for your colonists and leave, thus ending the game. :)

================================================================================

mowgli wrote: I thought the 1 married the .2 and founded Islam?

• TarickStonefire 6 Oct 2014 10:52:14 3,436 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Moot_Point wrote:
    @TarickStonefire There is a goal to Rimworld, you build a spacecraft for your colonists and leave, thus ending the game. :)
    Yeah, like that's ever going to happen to my lot ;)

• Razz 6 Oct 2014 10:59:31 61,656 posts
    Seen 42 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Nah its easy once you know how, the pizza defence has never failed me, well that and the mounted gun emplacement mod. I'll post a picture of my pizza defence later

Edited by Razz at 11:00:08 06-10-2014

• TarickStonefire 6 Oct 2014 11:11:08 3,436 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Razz wrote:
    Nah its easy once you know how, the pizza defence has never failed me, well that and the mounted gun emplacement mod. I'll post a picture of my pizza defence later
    Well I only played 5 colonies yesterday, my 6th today will be The One ;) (also I don't do mods for games that aren't finished, I don't want to get used to features that won't be there when it's done.)

My big gripe right now is how fiddlesome it is getting the resources you want to sell into the appropriate storage zones by the satellite dish. Very annoying to see I've got 1000 in silver, desperately need to purchase a medic from the slave trader, but unable to get the 700 silver i need from wherever it's hiding to the correct store zone. Any tips?

Edited by TarickStonefire at 11:12:14 06-10-2014

Edited by TarickStonefire at 11:12:48 06-10-2014

• twelveways 6 Oct 2014 11:36:15 4,193 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I think you just need to uncheck silver from all of your storage areas except your tradepost one.

If there is a lot of work to do then you may need to manually give the job to someone.
  • Razz 6 Oct 2014 11:39:48 61,656 posts
    Seen 42 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    This is the base of my last game

And this is my pizza defence currently

You extend it out and make it thinner as the game progresses, so it looks like a slice of pizza, funnelling the enemies through an increasingly dangerous gauntlet of death. The Orbital beacon and stock pile for cash and weapons is there to lure drop ship enemies in front of guns rather than in my backyard.

• Razz 6 Oct 2014 11:40:37 61,656 posts
    Seen 42 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    twelveways wrote:
    I think you just need to uncheck silver from all of your storage areas except your tradepost one.

If there is a lot of work to do then you may need to manually give the job to someone.
    Yet, manual priorities are key to success in Rimworld, don't bother the normal tick system. it sucks.

• TarickStonefire 6 Oct 2014 11:48:56 3,436 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    twelveways wrote:

I can do that? How?

• TarickStonefire 6 Oct 2014 11:49:30 3,436 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Razz wrote:
    twelveways wrote:

Yet, manual priorities are key to success in Rimworld, don't bother the normal tick system. it sucks.
    Ohhhhhhhh.

Right. Shit. Okay then. Is there a good guide to how they work, then? The Wiki is surprisingly thin on useful info! Last time I looked at that screen I tried changing the numbers and they all changed out of order, and a different sequence every time, couldn't make head or tail of it!

Edited by TarickStonefire at 11:52:31 06-10-2014

• TarickStonefire 6 Oct 2014 11:51:46 3,436 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Razz wrote:
    This is the base of my last game

And this is my pizza defence currently

You extend it out and make it thinner as the game progresses, so it looks like a slice of pizza, funnelling the enemies through an increasingly dangerous gauntlet of death. The Orbital beacon and stock pile for cash and weapons is there to lure drop ship enemies in front of guns rather than in my backyard.
    What are the white dots in the open areas? And what's in the narrow passages on either side of your 'slice' there, more guns? And that big green area - is that the drop zone of cash you mentioned?

• twelveways 6 Oct 2014 12:02:34 4,193 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    You just select a person and then right click on an object to get the options for that object, the same way you arm your crew at the start. They will prioritise whatever you manually order them to do.
  • Razz 6 Oct 2014 12:21:47 61,656 posts
    Seen 42 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    @TarickStonefire

The white dots are powered down gun turrents, here's a better pic with them on. You double click a turret and push "V" to turn them on and off. To manage you eletricity demands better.

http://i.imgur.com/m3IyWcP.jpg

The narrow passages are power and service tunnels for the turrets, sometimes I've got send a couple of colonists down there to repair the turrets during a heavy assault. The green area is a a stockpile, I store guns I want to sell and cash there.

• Razz 6 Oct 2014 12:34:48 61,656 posts
    Seen 42 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    TarickStonefire wrote:
    Razz wrote:
    twelveways wrote:

Ohhhhhhhh.

Right. Shit. Okay then. Is there a good guide to how they work, then? The Wiki is surprisingly thin on useful info! Last time I looked at that screen I tried changing the numbers and they all changed out of order, and a different sequence every time, couldn't make head or tail of it!
    Blank box makes your colonists ignore that task. 1 is highest priority and 4 is the lowest. Clicking on the box cycles through the numbers, right click forwards, left click backwards.

This is my manual list for my previous game

At the top you'll notice it says (-- higher priority and lower priority --), so this tells you that overall fire fighting is the highest priority and researching the lowest.You'll see why this matter in sec.

Let's take a look at the first person in my list, Calvin, Barkeep.

His top priorities (the 1's) are Constructing and Growing, he will do these tasks when they are available above all else. But due to the overall priorities will do constructing projects before growing.

His second priorities are Fire fighting, repairing and plant cutting. In that order or importance.

Then third priority, Hauling stuff. Then if there's absolutely nothing to do, Cleaning.

• Page

of 2 First / Last

Previous