If you'd pay EG a subscription fee to have adverts removed... Page 3

• Page

of 3 First / Last

Next
  • mcmothercruncher 28 Dec 2013 23:05:34 7,083 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    If you're going to attempt to wring 5 a month out of us EG, do make sure you fix the numerous forum bugs, make a solid, scaleable portable friendly design and don't accidentally log me in as someone else because Barry accidentally kicked over the server since, you know, you'd then be dealing with our credit card details too.

In other words- never, ever going to happen.
  • X201 26 Jan 2014 17:11:59 15,491 posts
    Seen 15 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    ijx77 wrote:

how about a Eurogamer print edition. 5 in WHSmith, first Wednesday of every month...
    Darkfall players wouldn't buy it.
  • Razz 26 Jan 2014 17:16:34 61,224 posts
    Seen 15 seconds ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    I'd pay for it, mainly because I've been cheating EG out of ad revenue for years via adblock. Be nice to give something back, if only a fiver a month.

--------------------------------------------------------------------
    Steam/PSN/XBOX: Razztafarai | 3DS: 1246-9674-8856
    --------------------------------------------------------------------

• poobob 26 Jan 2014 17:22:56 75 posts
    Seen 3 months ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    I disable Adblock for RPS, never really thought about doing it here.
  • DFawkes 10 Feb 2014 11:54:24 22,987 posts
    Seen 45 seconds ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Just because you on't find them intrusive, doesn't mean others might feel otherwise. Last time I had ads enabled on mobile, there was one that automatically opened and obscured the page every time you scrolled down.

Of course, to be fair to bennyw01, he has been fairly active in stomping those out. But I can certainly understand people feeling having been annoyed to such an extent that they don't feel comfortable disabling AdBlock again.

For example, there is currently an ad for Second Son right at the edge just now that expands to fill the entire screen if your mouse happens to hover anywhere close to it. It is an issue that has been raised, and is sufficiently annoying that people may want to enable AdBlock because of it, to prevent the expansion issue.

Oh for goodness sake, I've caught my scrotum in my zip again - Margaret Thatcher, 1986

• Steve_Perry 10 Feb 2014 11:58:10 4,297 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    The expanding banner ads at the top are really fucking annoying especially with autoplay videos, which are, and this is a fact, worse than communism. I agree they aren't as bad as some sites like CVG, where your PC is consumed by adverts the second you hit the homepage.

Doesn't mean the ads here aren't a bit shit though.

VIVA STEFANSEN

• Steve_Perry 10 Feb 2014 12:05:51 4,297 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    I do have a problem with intrusive ads on any site, yes. I don't mind being advertised to at all. It's the way of the world.

I just don't want to be deafened when listening to music at work when a video ad decides to crank up.

ANYWHO. Adblock enabled, not sure why it turned itself off. Problem solved.

VIVA STEFANSEN

• Fake_Blood 10 Feb 2014 12:07:05 4,214 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I'd give money if Richard Leadbetter gets a 10 minutes a week video series about the tech behind gaming. I want to man in front of a big arse TV pointing out tearing and bad aliasing.
  • Page

of 3 First / Last

Next